Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos (52938 Views)

My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
majecmay:
Please somebody should advise me on what to do. I planted cucumber at my backyard, some few seeds. Planted on the 12th of December 2016. Up till today(8/1/2017) they are yet to bear any fruit but flowers. Thanks

That's about four weeks.!

Nothing is wrong with your plants..... That's the normal thing.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Ayoolanairaland: 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
How many grams will be required for 1 hectare
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ayoolanairaland:
How many grams will be required for 1 hectare

About 23 to 26 x 50g

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by ikbnice(m): 2:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
jephito:

About 23 to 26 x 50g
How do you control weed! Can I use herbicides to save weeding labour?
I haven't started because Tokyo F1 you advised me to get is not yet available. I'm seriously planning for the raining season right now.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
ikbnice:
How do you control weed! Can I use herbicides to save weeding labour?
I haven't started because Tokyo F1 you advised me to get is not yet available. I'm seriously planning for the raining season right now.

Don't try herbicides at all.

I use traditional methods in controlling weeds. You can also try mulching
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Dadanoah(m): 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
jephito:

gudevening! plz i hav interest in ur disscusion. pls which traditional method to control weeds? THANKS
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dadanoah:
gudevening! plz i hav interest in ur disscusion. pls which traditional method to control weeds? THANKS

The usual weeding with cutlass and hoe
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Dadanoah(m): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2017
jephito:

OK! THANK
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Dadanoah(m): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
jephito:

OK! THANK
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by ikbnice(m): 7:27am On Jan 13, 2017
jephito:

thanks for the info.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
I have finally opened the Whatsapp group "Cucumber Farming"
For those interested, send a mail to my signature.

Use your phone number as the subject when sending the mail. Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jayyjayy1(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2017
jephito:

I hav sent u a mail pls check
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by drule: 9:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Please can someone tell me where to buy cucumber seed Tokyo f1 in ibadan thanks in anticipation for your favorable respond
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Layon123: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
jephito:
Two cans of Tokyo F1 was not enough, so I took like 20g from the third can to complete the farm.

Apart from this 1½ plots, I am doing another one plot elsewhere but will not give it trellis. The remaining 30g left could not finish it and I didn't budget for another can. So I opted for another variety to complete the planting.

I bought 2 sachets @1k3/sachet

Please where do you get the Tokyo f1 seed and the seminise
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
Layon123:

Please where do you get the Tokyo f1 seed and the seminise
Got the Tokyo from Agritropic Ltd and the Darina from an agro shop here
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by tabontabon: 8:04pm On May 09, 2017
Please where exactly is agritopic office in mile 12? Kindly give a description.

jephito:

Got the Tokyo from Agritropic Ltd and the Darina from an agro shop here
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 6:02am On May 10, 2017
tabontabon:
Please where exactly is agritopic office in mile 12? Kindly give a description.

Call 08036792125
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by tabontabon: 7:47am On May 10, 2017
thanks alot

jephito:

Call 08036792125
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Ndbc(m): 10:25pm On May 27, 2017
Well done Sir.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Itydee(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
how much is a can of 50g Tokyo F1 now in lagos and port harcourt?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Toscosamuel(m): 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
Wow dis is very nice. I am a cucumber farmer. Staking process: use bamboo stick, cut 4metre long, use 1.5cm depth. U can cross with ur bamboo stick by erecting and splitting into 2. So wen lay across ur bed it wil hold strong. Den u tie wit ur twine or rope. Secondly u can us barb wire to cross. Datz afta cutin ur 4metre dnt erect or split, just lay ur depth 1metre at d begining and end of ur bed, den u tie d barb wire acros each other strongly. Afta dat u tie ur plant wit twine and direct ur plant to hold. Talking of how to get ur cucumber seed our company do sell seed and we have different species. Tanx call me 08166021705, for any information on cucumber, tomatoes e.t.c
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
Itydee:
jephito:

Call 08036792125
Itydee:
Call 08036792125
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by ANOCETS: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
jephito:

Please do add me to the whatsapp group 08072660606

Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by vickifeanyi47(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
I want to be added to the group.. 07038714951..thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by QUEENCHIGO: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
Cucumber farming is very profitable in Nigeria. Every cucumber farmer here, you should also check out this blog that gives tips on how to plant and grow cucumber in Nigeria www.gricd.com.ng/2017/09/18/how-to-plant-and-control-diseases-in-cucumbers/
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by princelynx: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
Pls add me to the WhatsApp group, 08030435197. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Sanmiabiona769(m): 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sanmiabiona769:
At last, I have planted A can of Cucumber Murano 2 F1 yesterday and today in 400 sacks and a water bed by the stream of water. So also, half can of water melon was planted today too on heaps...NL, you try ooo
At last, I have planted A can of Cucumber Murano 2 F1 yesterday and today in 400 sacks and a water bed by the stream of water. So also, half can of water melon was planted today too on heaps...NL, you try ooo

1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by vickifeanyi47(m): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sanmiabiona769:

Did you plant close to the stream. I mean the 400 sacks
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Sanmiabiona769(m): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
It was an interesting experience from clearing of one acre of land ,to bush burning, filling the sacks half way,heaping,planting,wetting and other farm practices. Though tiring, but considering the gain at the end,it worth every inconvinencies

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Sanmiabiona769(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
Yes so close to the stream
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Sanmiabiona769(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
And I planted 4 in a sack,cos one might not germinate and another may be sickly,so two will pick up.
And 4 seeds on a heap too. Two each in a hole on each sides
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Sanmiabiona769(m): 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hello fellow cucumber farmers, I am so happy today on getting to the farm.
Guess what? My cucumber has germinated!!!
Just day 4!
So joyous

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. / Man Shows Bountiful Harvest Of The Yam He Planted During Lockdown / How I Made Over A Million Naira Growing Pawpaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.