Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill (546 Views)

Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 / Buhari Hasn’t Convinced Nigerians He Passed School Certificate Exam– Junaid Moha / Buhari Hasn’t Apologised To Senate – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill by Vicadonis(m): 12:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has been absolved of all liabilities tied to the emergency economic bill, which seeks to concede more powers to the president.

In a statement issued late on Monday night, Laolu Akande, special assistant to the vice president on media and publicity, confirmed the existence of the policy draft but said Buhari had not received it.

“The Economic Management Team has indeed been considering several policy options and measures to urgently reform and revitalize the economy,” the statement read.

“Some of these measures may well require legislative amendments and presidential orders that will enable the Executive arm of government move quickly in implementing the economic reform plans.

“As far as I know, this has not been passed on to the President, the Federal Executive Council or the Legislative arm of government. So at this point, there are no further details to share.”

The bill, which seeks to by-pass some extant laws to allow for stimulating the economy, has faced rounds of support and rejection, as the presidency seek to revive the economy.

Nigeria is reported to be in a technical recession, which according to Atedo Peterside, founder of Stanbic Bank, “may be long and deep”.

The federal government claims to be conferring with economists in bringing the nation out of the recession in the quickest possible time.

https://www.thecable.ng/reveaed-buhari-hasnt-seen-emergency-economic-bill?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThecableTopStories+%28TheCable+%C2%BB+Top+Stories%29

Re: REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill by incrediboooh(m): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
God epp Nigeria embarassed
Re: REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill by doctokwus: 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
The signs of how this govt operates are disturbing.
I am not surprised though.This is a president that appointed corrupt people as ministers and into other positions,and still came on air to claim that none is corrupt,but that he wud deal with anyone of them who evidence is brought against.
Well few weeks ago,evidence was brought against Buratai,later Dambazzau,and even Kyari.All of a sudden, the same president goes about pretending to have sight issues,apart from his ear problem.Terribly disappointing man.

1 Like

Re: REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill by kgr8mike(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
This government is not serious. If they did not find Jonathan to blame they will find the constitution to fault.

Why do we need constitution amendment when we have not fully exhausted the already constitutional provisions.

It was GEJ who said that if he uses 40% of his constitutional powers he will be a tyrant. The powers this government needs is already in the constitution. If they can diligently search for it I think they will find it.

Oh I forgot there is no certificate, so there may be temporary ignorance..... Hmmmm!

1 Like

Re: REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill by LORDOFAFONJAS: 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
doctokwus:
The signs of how this govt operates are disturbing.
I am not surprised though.This is a president that appointed corrupt people as ministers and into other positions,and still came on air to claim that none is corrupt,but that he wud deal with anyone of them who evidence is brought against.
Well few weeks ago,evidence was brought against Buratai,later Dambazzau,and even Kyari.All of a sudden, the same president goes about pretending to have sight issues,apart from his ear problem.Terribly disappointing man.
Whats/wheres your wailing identification number/card

1 Like

Re: REVEAED: Buhari ‘hasn’t Seen’ Emergency Economic Bill by doctokwus: 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

Whats/wheres your wailing identification number/card
I am not wailing out of bitterness of loss of an election.
It's just commonsense that this man is derailing and if we all keep quiet or support him sheepishly,he is going to take all of US to the grave with him.
I am shouting my own little way,everywhere I can, so that he (1)he doesn't go down with a tarnished integrity,(2)he realises before it's too late that he is not doing well at all, (3)but most importantly he doesn't take us down with empty stomachs,empty pockets and millions of angry,disillusioned and bitter people.
Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder and my complaints show how much I still bliv in the original PMB because if he continues this way,and things don't change for good and pretty fast,Nigeria may soon experience the first people centred,mass uprising ever witnessed in this country,which will likely be violent because just as during the GEJ doomed presidency,there is an equally violent section up north that are increasing selling the narrative that the increasing,daily harsh criticism of PMB is because he is from the north.So when these 2 groups go out to the streets,one out of hunger and deprivation and the other equally hungry but bonded by defence of their own with their historical violent nature,the outcome cud be better imagined.
The pain and daily increasing anger out there is real and people who genuinely love PMB must tell him the genuine noises building up in the streets.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SOS: Tales Of Deplorable Roads, Robberies By Residents Of Irawo/ Bako Estate / Akeredolu Debunks Vanguard Newspaper Report: Clears Air On Comments / ★ Photos Of Pres. Buhari In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.