Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 (18735 Views)

2023: Na’abba, Agbakoba, Utomi, Ezekwesili, Float New Political Movement / Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun / Why Buhari Hasn’t Acted On Minister Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by AlexReports(m): 5:38am On Jan 22, 2018
Gali Umar Na’Abba, former speaker of the house of representatives, says in November 2017, President Muhammadu Buhari told members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) board of trustees that he would seek re-election in 2019.

Na’Abba, who is a member of the board, has vowed not to support Buhari’s re-election bid because the president “has not added even an inch of value to democracy”.

In an interview with Osasu Igbinedion, the former speaker accused the president of running a “one-man” government.

He said Buhari does not consult party members before taking decisions because he “considers them to be evil”.

“I had the occasion to sit down with the president and tell him this is what is wrong. And all he told me was that things were wrong before but now, with his election, everything is right now. And I was very very disappointed,” Na’Abbah said.

“A lot of people campaigned, supported him and elected him for one reason or the other. I decided to move back to APC from PDP to support him because from his utterances, I believed he wanted to add value to democracy.

“And this is three years into his administration, he doesn’t work with the party, he regards party members as evil, he doesn’t consult with anybody in the party and I am a member of the board of trustees, even though we don’t have it officially.

“The last time we had a meeting with such a board was in February 2016. Such meeting was called again in November 2017 when he decided he wanted to get re-elected and he needed us.

“He promised to reconstitute the board. Before, he refused to do that because he thought politicians are responsible for all the evils in this country. He also promised to increase the number of ministers.

“In a nutshell, the president has not added value to democracy by an inch.”

Asked if there was a chance that the APC would field another presidential candidate other that Buhari, Na’Abba said some party members have hijacked and pocketed the party.

He distanced himself from those endorsing the president for a second term.

“Nigerians have chosen democracy as the system within which and with which they produce their leaders, and that any president who comes must ensure that the democratic architecture is improved substantially because it has been weak, it is still weak and will continue to be weak,” he said.

“After I tell you that I am not going to support him or not, I want you to understand my reason. Today, we have no internal democracy in the country and the quality of leadership has been failing.

“Democracy, economy and society has not grown since 1999 and this is as a result of this tendency. And I have children, grandchildren and it is only when there is democracy that every Nigerian can be able to make it in life.

“There is no way I can support him.

“They said they have endorsed him to contest. I am sure they did not ask the opinion of anybody since they have put the party in their pocket.”

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/01/naabba-buhari-hasnt-added-any-value-to.html?m=0

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Nogodye(m): 6:12am On Jan 22, 2018
Support him at your own detriment.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Kezifils(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2018
Person dull die,
Person no get sense,
Person no do anything useful for 3 years,
Person just dey fall sick anyhow,
Person claim to fight corruption but na him be Baba kwarupshan,
Person....

And yet some people still Endorse said Person to continue... Common sense no just dey common.

My PVC dey standby, hope yours is too?

138 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Flexherbal(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2018
The people will decide who will be their president in 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Hungarriman: 8:03am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by emeijeh(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Value kè?

Guys just go and sharpen your knives PVCs

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by lonelydora: 8:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Before nko? Removing Buhari (or Jubrin) in 2019 is a task that MUST be accomplished.

Meanwhile, have we all agreed that it is Buhari that is ruling us? Thought they said it's Jubrin from Sudan.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Samanza89: 8:04am On Jan 22, 2018
It's too late Sir, you people voted him in 2015 I didn't complain, and now it's my own turn to vote him in 2019, at least am not stingy.

Nobody is running, don't even dare to run, we are in dis together, you must finish what you started.

If I hear Kpim again...

29 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by NwaNimo1(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari out.......

1 Like

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by link2ok22: 8:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Ok. pathetic
Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by tiredoflife(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
Flexherbal:
The people will decide who will be their president in 2019.

Yeah yeah
Didn't sound nice to u ba
Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by majamajic(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
all of u are same

give the youth a chance

since my nursery school I started hearing about buhari and obasanjo

kai

5 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by proeast(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
Okay o, everyone has rejected the dumb terrorist including his fellow gambaris & abo.kis yet the suffersicated people from the waste are still supporting him because of very myopic, base and primitive reasoning! SHAME ON THEM!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by bunchyproject(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
He needs to be stopped.

The Real estate sector has been in recession since 2015
Damn It....

4 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Xano(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
With our PVCs, then stay back and watch as our votes are being tallied up.

To protect our votes

3 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by chiboyo(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
Seems everyone is deserting the "shithole" President!!!

6 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Siki355(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
buhari is a dullard

wat do u expect from a man who has a nepa certificate

ordinary waec him no get

7 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by eleojo23: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari's presidency is the biggest disappointment of the century.

And he doesn't even know it. That's how bad it is.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Rigel95(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
what is this one saying? Buhari that added value (and still adding) to us the BMC. Even, Yarimo,Omenka,Usba,Liondeleo,Ngeneukwenu can testify. 30k monthly is no small money.

SAI BARBER till 2023!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by soberdrunk(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
In words of a great woman, "If pikin fail nor be repeat he go repeat?" angry

2 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by maestroferddi: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari will have to go...

#OurMumuToleranceDonDo.

4 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by dionysus7: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
i wonder how the next president, whoever its to be will perform without support, one thing is to play opposition, another thing is sabotaging...even you're the opposition, shouldn't it be your happiness that the president performs well? now I'm not saying Buhari performed well but I don't think he got the support he deserved from supposedly well meaning Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by swizzdre(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
But no be better thing I take remember this Na Abba o, d guy dey nab anything, I remember why he was removed

1 Like

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by BeijinDossier: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
Bubu is going back to Daura and no more to Aso Villa. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by Nathdoug(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
D
Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by three: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018

Okay oh

He has added Value to Babachir Lawal
He has added Value to Abubakar Malami
He has added Value to Mamman Daura
He has added Value to large swathes of the North (across religious boundaries)
He has added Value to Aisha and the kids
He has added Value to Yahaya Bello
He has added Value to Tinubu (small value but value sha)
He has added Value to APC/BMC
He has added Value to SW politicians
He has added Value to Fuel Importers
He has added Value to incompetent Minsters (Super or otherwise)

Siddon dia dey rub pomade say all dis people go jus allow una comot Bubu comot dem join!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by unitysheart(m): 8:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Issokai
Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by joystickextendr: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Okay na

Meanwhile guy's check out my profile for your extender products and other adult toys
Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by chloedogie(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2018
Stop Buhari and leave the scavengers around him to continue in government we will remain the same. Most people don't know that our problem is not these main administrators but the people around them. These offices are damn big for them to see everything happening that's why the people around them do what they like. These are the people we should boot out of offices mostly. Until a good government surround herself with like minds, nothing positive will happen in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by oyetunder(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2018
IT Pains me anytime I see a cobra insulting a scorpion for hurting humans. IMAGINE...it is only in Nigeria you will see a crocodile trying to tell an alligator to behave and stop hunting for flesh. BEHOLD, a lion is warning a tiger to stop attacking antelopes.

3 Likes

Re: Na’abba: Buhari Hasn’t Added Any Value To Democracy… We’ll Stop Him In 2019 by 9japrof(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2018
Hehehehehe looks like scales are beginning to fall off some mallams eyes...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Millions Of Black Crickets Burst Out Of The Ground In Mecca(holy Site Of Islam) / Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me / Biafra 49th Anniversary: MASSOB Gives JTF 48hrs To Free Detained Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.