Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa (29184 Views)

PDP Welcomes Atiku With A Banner At Their Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Gunmen Attack EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (photos) / El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by tundexijim(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:
[s][/s]

Your hypocrisy made you to turn the question upside-down, say; will the Waste unite with the Igbos?

You guess is not only as good as mine but far better than mine knowing how fallacious you all are..

This all depends on the kind of support u solicit from the west. Is it to join u in spewing hatred across or to join hands with u when u bring up a credible individual who is known for his good work. Stop judging the west based on the kind of support u receive from them to secede or to reelect gej. U should know by now that the west are less sentimental. Despite being a son of the land, have u noticed how the likes FFK, Fayose and others are bin spite by their own except for some pdp supporters....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Originalsly: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2016
Hmmmm...... and I always thought the UN headquarters was in New York... I wonder why and when they moved it to South Africa. @topic... so what really do the UN people supposed to do? Were all the constitutional avenues for political change explored? This protest would definitely receive attention and I am almost sure would bring about changes..... beginning with crackdowns on the movement and its members..... and potential members of the movement. This is opening a can of worms.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SpeedOfLight: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

A'susu gi a' kari kwa'm.. Ke'di a'susu di i'fa biko?
Biko k' anyi suo igbo izigbo, k'anyi hapukenu olu mba.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by legendte(m): 10:55am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=searchiing4love post=48749578][i][size=11pt]

Afonjas are funny

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by EncephalonPikin(m): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
What these people fail to realize is the shame and ridicule the biafra movement has become ever since Nnamdi kanu was discovered to be a fraud and arrested by the Nigerian government. Right to self determination is a treasonable offense against the Nigerian state because it's not captured in our Constitution. It is totally illegal for any region or group of people to demand seccession from Nigeria. The penalty would have been death if we were in a military regime. The Indian government recently opened fire on secessionist in the Kashmir region of India just to serve as a deterrent to future agitators. Despite having a referendum, Scotland chose to remain in the UK cos they for-saw their impending doom if they decide to leave. The Spanish government have disregarded several calls for catalonia to break away from spain. Russia recently annexed crimea from Ukraine after the crimeans got tired of life outside the soviet Union. The people of South Sudan are regretting their decision to leave Sudan till today and yet the Igbo's are hell bent on having biafra despite all the glaring indices of an impending failure if biafra is ever achieved. No country in the world wants a break away of its territory. Even the United States that preaches freedom disregarded Texas's call for seccession. The reason for seccession of the Igbo's has not been clearly defined. The fruitless agitations is fuelled by hate and jealousy of other region's political stability and doggedness. Their political miscalculations in the last elections gave birth to the recent biafra calls headed by the disgruntled element called Nnamdi kanu who was feeding fat on the Biafran sentiment before been apprehended. The British saw a potential in our diversity before merging us together as a united Nigeria and every sane mind believes the future of the Igbo's lie in nigeria. What we need is a united south and we will wrestle political power away from Northern monopoly who sees power as their birth right. Will the Igbo's ever work with bourdillon to achieve a united south? Time will tell. Say no to biafra, God bless Nigeria sad

Guy I dunno who you are but u make 101%, sense die!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Guyman02: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2016
Afonjas will say Igbos should leave Yoruba land and go back to SE, but when Igbos say give us Biafra they will shout crush them, they cant have Biafra, we want One Nigeria. Haba! Its like they are afraid that if Igbos leave the Fulanis will go beyond Ilorin to Ife and Oyo

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by damon222: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
What these people fail to realize is the shame and ridicule the biafra movement has become ever since Nnamdi kanu was discovered to be a fraud and arrested by the Nigerian government. Right to self determination is a treasonable offense against the Nigerian state because it's not captured in our Constitution. It is totally illegal for any region or group of people to demand seccession from Nigeria. The penalty would have been death if we were in a military regime. The Indian government recently opened fire on secessionist in the Kashmir region of India just to serve as a deterrent to future agitators. Despite having a referendum, Scotland chose to remain in the UK cos they for-saw their impending doom if they decide to leave. The Spanish government have disregarded several calls for catalonia to break away from spain. Russia recently annexed crimea from Ukraine after the crimeans got tired of life outside the soviet Union. The people of South Sudan are regretting their decision to leave Sudan till today and yet the Igbo's are hell bent on having biafra despite all the glaring indices of an impending failure if biafra is ever achieved. No country in the world wants a break away of its territory. Even the United States that preaches freedom disregarded Texas's call for seccession. The reason for seccession of the Igbo's has not been clearly defined. The fruitless agitations is fuelled by hate and jealousy of other region's political stability and doggedness. Their political miscalculations in the last elections gave birth to the recent biafra calls headed by the disgruntled element called Nnamdi kanu who was feeding fat on the Biafran sentiment before been apprehended. The British saw a potential in our diversity before merging us together as a united Nigeria and every sane mind believes the future of the Igbo's lie in nigeria. What we need is a united south and we will wrestle political power away from Northern monopoly who sees power as their birth right. Will the Igbo's ever work with bourdillon to achieve a united south? Time will tell. Say no to biafra, God bless Nigeria sad
Shut that your stinky mouth. You think it is sweet to be oppressed and undermined every day abi? You think it gladens one's mind when there is a very open hopelessness abi? You think people should dance and clap hands when Buhari's ways are always causing pains, frustrations etc. abi? When there are every indications that Buhari is a daft and is not ready to amend his oppressive ways, we should not protest abi?
My dearest IPOB brothers, continue to protests. We are praying for your succeess since we cannot go with you. We will pray so that God will intervene. He is the Almighty, therefore, his decisions are always right. He will take control very shortly. We are fed up with apc.

6 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2016
igbos, i will say this once and i will not repeat myself, if you want biafra you need to move out of the nigerian landmass and go and look for another land to colonize. this landmass called nigeria is already colonized and conquered by nigeria. go and look for your own land mass. and then you can call yourself biafrans there. but so long as you remain on this land mass called nigeria ? we expect you to conform to the nigerian way of life or you will be thrown in jail like nnamdi kunu. i hope i am making myself very clear angry

7 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by MadCow1: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Biko k' anyi suo igbo izigbo, k'anyi hapukenu olu mba.

N'sogbu adiro.. Mana gini me' ka iji we' kpo'm Ochicha? angry

Anyi'a na ese okwu mbu? angry
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SpeedOfLight: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2016
thekingisback:
I'm still surprised some of these misguided igbo youths still clamour for something that is not feasible. Even the igbo elites and intellectuals are not in support of this stupidity.
Revolution is carried out by youths and not the elites so stop hate and give them your support.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SpeedOfLight: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

N'sogbu adiro.. Mana gini me' ka iji we' kpo'm Ochicha? angry

Anyi'a na ese okwu mbu? angry
Nwanne gbahara mu inugo?
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by MadCow1: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmmm...... and I always thought the UN headquarters was in New York... I wonder why and when they moved it to South Africa. @topic... so what really do the UN people supposed to do? Were all the constitutional avenues for political change explored? This protest would definitely receive attention and I am almost sure would bring about changes..... beginning with crackdowns on the movement and its members..... and potential members of the movement. This is opening a can of worms.

Nigeria is a sovereign Nation.. The UN can't do shiit in here.. angry

And Kanu's incarceration is UN sanctioned.

If the UN hasn't done shiit about Russia's annexing of Crimea, na Kanu matter dem wan reason? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by thekingisback: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Revolution is carried out by youths and not the elites so stop hate and give them your support.
I'm not hating on you or your fellow igbos. Don't get me wrong. Do things the right way and stop constituting a nuisance in another man's country.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AnanseK(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2016
AroOkigbo:

Trash!
Why didn't you say anything about countries that successfully seceded and are doing well. ..e.g. Singapore, Malaysia, etc.
The injustice in Nigeria is way too grave.

Just look at the country- truth is that there is no love across tribes!
Why continue to live in denial because of "united Nigeria"?
Patriotism to ones country is of the mind...it's not valid under duress

Malaysia secedeed from which country? In reality the biafran bid for secession is emotional and has nothing to do with economics except of course the gamble that oil producing areas will go along with Biafra and therefore provide the required resource to the exclusion of a wider population.

5 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Ofemmanu1: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

The reason the north keeps dominating is because they are united. Buhari has been winning Jonathan in the north since 2011 but he needed paltry votes from the SW to defeat Jonathan in 2015. This means there is power in unity if the south unites. Will the Igbo's unite with the SW? Your guess is as good as mine undecided
hmm, true talk but flat.head lagooners won't just agree to unite with tinubu.
Nigeria would be a better state if we can unite tho.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AnanseK(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2016
damon222:
Shut that your stinky mouth. You think it is sweet to be oppressed and undermined every day abi? You think it gladens one's mind when there is a very open hopelessness abi? You think people should dance and clap hands when Buhari's ways are always causing pains, frustrations etc. abi? When there are every indications that Buhari is a daft and is not ready to amend his oppressive ways, we should not protest abi?
My dearest IPOB brothers, continue to protests. We are praying for your succeess since we cannot go with you. We will pray so that God will intervene. He is the Almighty, therefore, his decisions are always right. He will take control very shortly. We are fed up with apc.

If you are fed up with APC vote for another Party. That's what democracy is about.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Ofemmanu1: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2016
AroOkigbo:

Trash!
Why didn't you say anything about countries that successfully seceded and are doing well. ..e.g. Singapore, Malaysia, etc.
The injustice in Nigeria is way too grave.

Just look at the country- truth is that there is no love across tribes!
Why continue to live in denial because of "united Nigeria"?
Patriotism to ones country is of the mind...it's not valid under duress
Trash..
There's love amongst tribes, it's only on NL we despise ourselves.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by MadCow1: 11:08am On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Nwanne gbahara mu inugo?

i'nwero Nsogbu di anyi.. Nwanne'm ka i'bu. gbahara kwa mua..

Ese'm okwu aburo na i'bu onye iro'm.

Welu ofu kpakpando na isi'm.. m'bata na ngbede, mma ku ugwo. grin

Chai.. I hope you can understand o! lol.

Udo diri Nwanne.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by gretblue: 11:08am On Aug 24, 2016
banki:
United nations head quarters in south Africa?

Meanwhile have we engaged our senators and house of rep members in Nigeria?
Have we give on protest march in abuja to united Nations office?
Have we gone to national and state assembly and forced them to pass an amendment for the constitution so we can have a referendum?

No.....

Our mission is to abuse buhari and call him a tyrant as if he has any powers to give us biafra?
Thank you very much my brother.Most Children crying of secession here on line do not know how it works.They per second billing abuse Buhari of not allowing them of having Biafra. To them Buhari can singlehandedly offer them Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SpeedOfLight: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2016
thekingisback:
I'm not hating on you or your fellow igbos. Don't get me wrong. Do things the right way and stop constituting a nuisance in another man's country.
Nigeria gov never give platform for indigenous people to find their way that's why they will continue disturbing the world until the right thing is done. So support them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 11:12am On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Look at yourself warning Igbos, how old is Nigeria? Do you know the meaning of indigenous people? Your government deprived history from you in school so I don't blame you. Get it in your skull that nothing will stop sun from rising.
the sun has already risen in lagos and abuja. now keep quiet there angry

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Ghost01(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
You people like changing the narrative to suit your own purpose.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Ofemmanu1: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2016
banki:
United nations head quarters in south Africa?

Meanwhile have we engaged our senators and house of rep members in Nigeria?
Have we give on protest march in abuja to united Nations office?
Have we gone to national and state assembly and forced them to pass an amendment for the constitution so we can have a referendum?

No.....

Our mission is to abuse buhari and call him a tyrant as if he has any powers to give us biafra?
Ordinarily humans live and learn but biabia flat.head jews?!
They'll never learn.
Charity begins at home.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by hummerwise(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:
aa

You lie! i am yoruba and i hate igbos. Why are you deceiving yourself?
Tell us sumthing we dont mr yoruba man,why do you hate the igbos so much?

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SpeedOfLight: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

i'nwero Nsogbu di anyi.. Nwanne'm ka i'bu. gbahara kwa mua..

Ese'm okwu aburo na i'bu onye iro'm.

Welu ofu kpakpando na isi'm.. m'bata na ngbede, mma ku ugwo. grin

Chai.. I hope you can understand o! lol.

Udo diri Nwanne.
Dikwara mmuogi! Nsogbu adighi, amam n'ikariri okwu ikotore. grin grin grin
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2016
hummerwise:

Tell us sumthing we dont mr yoruba man,why do you hate the igbos so much ?
because you call us ndi ofe, ofe mmanu, south was-te cheesy grin wink
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by gretblue: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2016
OMAR12:
united south, united south happened when the whole of the southern region voted obj for two term, BT when it was time to do the same to the other man from the other part of the south u felt cheated and u went and hugged the north and here yo opening ur mouth and calling for a united south. please please and please for the igbos to get to their full potential they need to be on their own.
Really? Invariably, by your submission, the agitation for Biafra is as result of GEJ electoral lost. That means the agitation is more of tribal emotional than reality.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SpeedOfLight: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
the sun has already risen in lagos and abuja. now keep quiet there angry
Hello kid, it's beyond your comprehension so look for someone more intelligent to interpret for you and please I don't mean brilliant because you can be brilliant without being intelligent.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by attackgat: 11:21am On Aug 24, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
igbos, i will say this once and i will not repeat myself, if you want biafra you need to move out of the nigerian landmass and go and look for another land to colonize. this landmass called nigeria is already colonized and conquered by nigeria. go and look for your own land mass. and then you can call yourself biafrans there. but so long as you remain on this land mass called nigeria ? we expect you to conform to the nigerian way of life or you will be thrown in jail like nnamdi kunu. i hope i am making myself very clear angry

Oh you mean the area that was conquered and named after a stupid River by Lugard? Didn't anybody tell you that Lugard has gone back to Britain? So what are you still doing here? As a follower of Lord Lugard, you have to follow him to Britain

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AroOkigbo(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Trash..
There's love amongst tribes, it's only on NL we despise ourselves.
Tell that to NDA,
Tell that to herdsmen
Tell that to boko haram
Tell that to government appointments

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by ozimec(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=searchiing4love post=48749814]

The reason the north keeps dominating is because they are united. Buhari has been winning Jonathan in the north since 2011 but he needed paltry votes from the SW to defeat Jonathan in 2015. This means there is power in unity if the south unites. Will the Igbo's unite with the SW? Your guess is as good as mine undecided[/qu

Guy where did you get this statistics from? "Buhari has been winning Jonathan in the north since 2011 but he needed paltry votes from the SW to defeat Jonathan in 2015." I was directly involved in the conduct of that 211 election as an ad hoc staff. Goodluck won 92% of votes in the North. Check your record

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Northerners On Edge Over Ethnic Profiling In South West / What Obasanjo Taught Me - Femi Kayode / Arms Scandal: Jonathan’s Govt Spent Billions, Abused Trust – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.