Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted (29839 Views)

7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. / Indonesian Cut Out Python's Stomach To Remove Body Of Their Missing Friend / Taxi Driver Lies Down To Beg Official After Breaking Traffic Rule In Abuja (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Ofemmanu1: 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hunger bad.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by ceejay80s(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
If u put devil and police in front f me to choose one, I go quickly go hug he devil sharp sharp,

I hate 'em with passion, don't blame anybody on this case , blame only the police
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by MrHenshaw: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
dainformant:
The government needs to look into the issue of non-governmental organizations NGOs who take advantage of the less privileged/sick people to make money. There was commotion yesterday at Trade Fair complex in Lagos after a well meaning Nigerian spotted a little girl with protruded stomach who was being exploited under the scorching sun by some fraudsters parading themselves as members of an NGO seeking donation for her treatment...

When the group (a lady and 2 guys) was confronted by an elderly woman about the NGO they represented, the leader (the woman in green cap) couldn't produce any form of ID card.. According to reports, she shunned the woman who confronted them -telling her to mind her business.

After being labelled a fraud, the young lady reportedly said "Nigeria is hard, I cannot do Ashawo, man must survive".. This prompted the elderly woman to notify a soldier who was close by... On seeing that the case had gone critical, the lady started to plead for mercy....

Upon interrogation, the lady claimed that the girl was brought from Abuja, while her co-worker (in green shirt) said that the girl's parents lives at Orile, Coker in Lagos. Due to the unrelated stories, the little girl was asked where her parents stayed, she said that they are in the village in Abakiliki, Ebonyi state and those people brought her straight from the village... She also revealed that she was told to smile and wave at people driving by so they would be forced to donate to her cause...

The worst part is that these fraudsters were doing this just very close to a police station. After people started gathering following the chaos caused, the policemen were notified about the situation..Instead of coming to confirm for themselves, they said its not their business. One of the policemen (as seen in the pictures below) tried to liaise with the soldier to bury the case after one of the "NGO" members reasoned with him and his squad....

The woman was shocked after she was told to go home, that nothing could be done about the situation.. According to her, the policemen and those fraudsters might have been working hand-in-hand due to their silence on the matter and how quickly they were to dismiss the case....

The main questions are if they are really genuine why couldn't they produce any ID card of the so-called NGO (even a fake one) and why were their stories about the girl's origin unrelated?

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/see-how-these-fraudsters-were-caught.html

It is really unfortunate how some stories like ds move around and the Agencies responsible claim not to know anything about it.Ds remains why an average Nigeria don't bother if d next person by him is dead or living.That whistle blower woman may be new in Nigeria.D same issue would recieve attention if she had come from a political party or been caught by sum1 @d Sin8.God is watching,
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by omotayo51: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
this is purely a grade A kidney failure..... my prayers are with you little deariee.....

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Lilimax(f): 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nigeria hard no be lie.
smiley
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by yeyeboi(m): 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
Na wa O angry so nigeria don pkafuka like this
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Intrepidone(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
you need to come to Enugu. state, in the capital most especially ; Holt Ghost and Garikki everywhere you turn there lies a human problem staring you in the face.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by PBundles(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
Once again is evident what I have been saying, our biggest problem in that country is CORRUPTION!. Its so deeply embedded into our culture that everyone thinks its normal, imagine the lady saying I have to eat, yes thats a fact, but the lack of shame when saying it. Until we rid ourselves of this cancer, we will never prosper, im not cursing, just stating the fact. All the rest is a wash. Hence PMB's push to curb corruption. Only problem is its not transparent, it should include his party members too, dont need to name names WE ALL KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by chuba21(m): 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
Have seen this same girl in Jos months back
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by obc: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
This is height of wickedness. Apparently the little girl is sickle cell patient with enlarged spleen. Only sickle cell patient and someone with sickle cell patient at home as well as health workers can relate with this little girls plight. Exposing this little girl to dust, sun and cold will worsen her state. I leave close to Trade fair and will personally search for this proclaimed NGO, if investigated and found guilty, I wont hesitate to draw attention of appropriate authorities for immediate action.

Please lets continue to share and broadcast this till it gets to appropriate quarters for proper investigations.

God help us.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by NevetsIbot(m): 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
mtcheew. Na today? We have many here in Ondo... Five of them can approach you with set of twins saying ''give the twins a gift''...another will come saying her brother in Abeokuta is sick with liver pro and they need cash for operation... Another will come and just be praying....

They're using this things as business.. They'd have two working hands and legs but they wanna live off people who are using the same hands and legs to make money. I've read of quadruplegics owning companies.... So, An amputated leg isn't that much excuse for begging.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by tete7000(m): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
When they are struck with the same type of the girl's disease, they start accusing witches from the village.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Jacko1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
What is even the name of her ailment

Men nigeria is just a cold cold place

Temperature s of 32 degree celsius but colder than antartica
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by doublefreez(m): 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Austinio:
What you said might be true but some of them are very faithfull because i have seen get medical treatment from there NGOs
My friend i see these guys daily on that spot. A reasonable NGO would not expose a lil girl to such conditions. All d dust fron dat road and d scorching sun. Inhuman
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by doublefreez(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
My friend i see these guys daily on that spot. A reasonable NGO would not expose a lil girl to such conditions. All d dust fron dat road and d scorching sun. Inhuman. Any NGO found soing dis should be delicenced.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by dasphinx1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
If you are an Abuja resident and conversant with wuse market, you would know this girl. Them don carry dem package eneter Lag..... oh boi ehh!!!!
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by ebby9z(m): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Some people are just lazy and avaricious. They dont wanna hustle and work yet they wanna live large. Even with the state of the economy, there is no justification for these malicious and selfish act. Where are the parents of the girl anyway? The girl could have been used for rituals for all they cared
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Mrjo(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
tunde1200:
peoples are desperate from the eastern side to make money at all cost!.
grin
eng. Afonja what did u want to start?
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Thobiy(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Too bad
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by tunde1200(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Mrjo:
eng. Afonja what did u want to start?
friendship as usual grin grin
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Mrjo(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
PBundles:
Once again is evident what I have been saying, our biggest problem in that country is CORRUPTION!. Its so deeply embedded into our culture that everyone thinks its normal, imagine the lady saying I have to eat, yes thats a fact, but the lack of shame when saying it. Until we rid ourselves of this cancer, we will never prosper, im not cursing, just stating the fact. All the rest is a wash. Hence PMB's push to curb corruption. Only problem is its not transparent, it should include his party members too, dont need to name names WE ALL KNOW WHO THEY ARE!
are u in any way trying to tell me "begging" is an easy job?
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Mrjo(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
tunde1200:
friendship as usual grin grin
u mean it?
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
Come to ladipo internation spare part u will c dem everyday wit different kind of sick people beggin for dem
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by bejeria101(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
You got me at abuja,its a norm in abuja here for pple to parade these victims in the name of making money,with their ailment you expose them to harsh weather conditions. In abuja their hangout spot is shoprite apo,each day its a different person but the same pple making money on a helpless person.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by texazzpete(m): 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
Austinio:
What you said might be true but some of them are very faithfull because i have seen get medical treatment from there NGOs

NGOs don't take sick patients to stand outside in the hot sun as bait for ragging motorists.

Don't be deceived
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by willibounce1(m): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
Flattinos are just sp desperate in their criminal activities. Very wicked and evil set of homo sapiens.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by PurestBoy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
There are some at Total Garden bus stop Ibadan along UCH and very close to Yemetu police station. I'll confront them one of these days
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by Eberex(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
when you go to Onipan foot bridge you will see them. i wonder why they always go on green attire? seems they are all connected to one source who uses this sick and handicapped children to trick Nigerians.

I might decide to ask them their ID when next i see them but trust Naija, this burst up would have reached their ears, so i wont be surprised if they produce a fake ID card
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by blazetitov: 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
I saw her at Marina few weeks ago. Sad for the poor girl thou.
Re: Fraudsters Using Sick Little Girl With Protruding Stomach To Beg In Lagos Busted by pat1612(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
She might be suffering from KWASHIORKOR which is a severe form of malnutrition, caused by a deficiency in dietary protein. The extreme lack of protein causes an osmotic imbalance in the gastro-intestinal system causing swelling of the gut diagnosed as anedema or retention of water.

Hope she gets medical attention children's should not suffer because of greed of some people cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Hiding In GTBank Ceiling In Kebbi / Burial Of UNIJOS Student, Shedrach Kums Shot Dead By Soldier / FUTA Deputy Registrar, Amos Arijesuyo Shot Dead By Suspected Kidnappers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.