Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) (27211 Views)

Ready To Build Land (estate) @lakowe / Genuine Buy And Build Land @lakowe / Ready-to-build Land at Masters Villa, Awoyaya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) by msogunro: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2016
diordaves:
msogunro this your plot is unique and vintage. It will be a crying shame if all the stone works just ended with the foundation only. Your final build should be sympathetic to the geological history of the area in terms of architectural execution. One should look at your completed build in 20 years time and still "see" the nature of the topography in the building. To start with, it may not be too much ask to look into adopting Gabion Wall for the front of the on going fence work. You may also use Gabion for your landscaping or cobbled stone floor like in medieval European streets, Gabion Wall barbecue, stone wall cladding etc. The possibilities are endless with those stones. A proper and well thought out use of those stone will set your build apart from the rest I swear! See pix below to familiarize yourself with the possibilities:

Included is the architectural plan on how to build a Gabion Wall.

I must admit. This gabion wall is starting to really grow on me. I'm considering using this gabion treatment for the fence posts along the front and using security bars between each post so that we can see through.

My brother is searching for pricing of galvanized concrete mesh that will be used for the cage.

1 Like

Re: Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
msogunro:

I must admit. This gabion wall is starting to really grow on me. I'm considering using this gabion treatment for the fence posts along the front and using security bars between each post so that we can see through.

My brother is searching for pricing of galvanized concrete mesh that will be used for the cage.

The problem I forsee is maintenance. Sand will blow into the space between the rocks and bring seeds with them. So think ahead.
Re: Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) by msogunro: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The problem I forsee is maintenance. Sand will blow into the space between the rocks and bring seeds with them. So think ahead.

Good thinking, but it's nothing a little weeding or weed killer can't fix. It will only be about 10 pillars and anything that grows won't grow over night.
Re: Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) by semasir: 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
Saw the attached and thought might be useful though you're another planet now. Mine is still undeveloped though and may take some time before I'll do that.

msogunro:

Re: Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2016
Re: Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) by msogunro: 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
My people... sorry for the break in transmission. I've started working on another project in Agbowa.

The fence in Ibadan has been completed, so I can now focus on what will actually make me money in Nigeria. This is phase 2 of our "moving back to Nigeria" plan.

This thread may remain dormant for quite a long time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trapped Worker Rescued Alive 4 Days After Building Collapse In Rivers. Photos / Who Owns The FENCE Around A Land / Lagos Begins Deconstruction Of Three Structures On Ikoyi Building Collapse Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.