Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,611 members, 7,770,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:11 PM

Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here (64845 Views)

Can You Cook Any Soup With N200.. Check Out Mine / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
My sista, food is good but this your own pictures over pass. lol.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
no worry we'll surprise ur hubby
am coming up with kwwcoco bible recipe.

lets chat on messenger now
i have more 30 minutes to go home

tessylove82@yahoo.com
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2011
Tessybaby,

Sorry I only saw your reply now, I dont really use messenger anymore we can def use the chat on skype if thats ok with you whenever we happen to be online at the same time. I'm a lot on here on and off thoughout the day (I read way more than i post). Leave ur skype login if u have any. Thanks for being so available!!!
Blessings!!!!!
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
Tessybaby It turned out really good except that I thought that the groundnut were kinda over grounded (I used my blender). My husband ate it with rice (he eats everything under this sun with rice lol), I ate my own with plantains. My pics are to heavy my computer says so tryin to figure out how to get the on here.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2011
what did you actually cook? ndole?
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
Yes mama I made ndole. cool cool cool
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
ok cool
good work lady
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2011
I think I got it to work,
Thanks again Tessybaby. Hubby was more than happy!

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2011
oops empty post - modo, please delete. thnks!
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2011
That ndole looks delicious
what makes u say u over grounded ur groundnut?
i always grind mind smooth

whatz cooking today?
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by chika98: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2011
Hey I've got a question. Can you post the recipe for the Koki or whatever you called it?
Thanks
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 9:55am On Sep 08, 2011
Ingredients

* 1 kg of koki beans
* ½ bottle of red palm oil
* 1 onion, 2 pepper
* 5 banana leafs
* 1 tablespoon of salt.
* 2 soft green leafs of coco-yam
* coco-yams or plantains or bananas or cassavas or yams ¼ kg of any of your choice

Preparation

Wash the koki beans to be totally pealed, put it in a clean dish, add the onion and pepper and grind it

Warm the leafs in the sun or in the fire.

After, slice the coco-yam leafs and add in to it with salt.

Take a new small pot and hot the oil and keep aside

Stir it the koki beans mixture for twenty minutes, because as you are stirring it, it is rising

Take a big plate and put one leaf in and put two or three dish spoon of koki and four tablespoons of oil and mix it and wrap with the root and stand it in a new pot

when finish, stand the pot in the fire with a small cup of water in it.

add water as it gets dry

cook for about 1hr 30mins depending on the quantity
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by 9ja4eva: 10:47am On Dec 08, 2011

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
hmmm...i need to try these. smiley cheesy
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by nzelle: 12:39am On Nov 20, 2012
TYhis is one of my favourite dishes to make.. smiley)

tessybaby: Poulet DG (Poulet Directeur Général)

What you need

One chicken, cut into serving-sized
One-quarter cup oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
One Maggi® cube and/or a one-inch piece of fresh ginger root (peeled and minced) or a teaspoon of powdered ginger and/or fresh herbs of your choice (parsley, celery leaf, etc.)
One garlic clove, minced
Two carrots, chopped
Haricots verts or thin French green beans, ends trimmed (optional)
Two or three sweet peppers (bell peppers): green, yellow, orange, or red, cleaned and chopped (optional)
Two tomatoes, chopped or canned tomatoes (optional)
one onion, chopped
What you do
If desired: Combine chicken, a tablespoon of oil, spices, carrots, green beans, and peppers in a bowl. (It's better to have most of the "optional" ingredients; carrots and bell peppers are the most common, tomatoes the least common.) Stir well. Let marinate for one to three hours.
Heat remaining oil in a very large skillet or dutch oven. Add onions and fry briefly, until they begin to become translucent. Add chicken and fry over high heat until lightly browned.
Add remaining ingredients, except tomatoes which should be saved for last. Reduce heat. Do not cover.
Simmer, stirring regularly, until chicken is done and liquid partly evaporated, leaving some sauce. (Add warm water by the tablespoon if the pot becomes dry before the chicken is done.) Add tomatoes (if desired), and simmer for a few minutes more.
Serve with Rice, Miondo (Cameroon's version of Baton de Manioc & Chikwangue), and Fried Plantains.
The Poulet DG can be mixed with the fried plantains immediately before serving

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by Momobaby: 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
Can you please post the recipe for the achu soup and plantain porridge? Loving your posts!! wink
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by djwackfriz: 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Tessybaby, do you have good recipe for cameroon "pepe"? The hot sauce?

Thanks!
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
djwackfriz: Tessybaby, do you have good recipe for cameroon "pepe"? The hot sauce?

It depends what you want to use the pepper sauce for. Is it to be eaten with roasted fish pork chicken?

Thanks!
Momobaby: Can you please post the recipe for the achu soup and plantain porridge? Loving your posts!! wink

I think I have posted achu recipe already, will post "turning plantain" as it is mostly called later.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by djwackfriz: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
I will probably eat the hot sauce along with Ndole and koku and corn fufu! Is this typical??

Are there many different kinds of hot sauce?
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2013
Hot pepper sauce recipe
What u need:
5 large pepper, 2 large onions, ginger and garlic, white pepper, a branch of celery.

Mix all ingredients and grind, then put in a pot and boil for some time, then add oil when the water is reduced, add salt and maggi cube and stir fry for about 5 mins.
Your pepper sauce is ready.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by Carolposh: 12:01am On May 18, 2013
Hi sister, I am so glad that I found this forum n I biliv u will help me as u helped others and that's so sweet of u. I am from South Africa, married to a Cameroonian man (from Fulani tribe) , I sometymz hav problem wth him because I don't cook the food he likes. I am just asking u Sista to help me with some recipes mayb the Fulani ones as I had every tribe has its own food. Well my other Cameroonian frnd taught me how to cook ndole and koki. I don't talk with her a lot coz she is a bit distance from me. And oh my husband doesn't eat red meat (cow or sheep) coz he has gout, he likes cow leg but the other tym I cooked it he didn't like it. Please help me sister so that I can please my husband. Thank you in advance
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by amieyk: 2:01pm On May 23, 2013
Tank u Tessybaby,i really miss cameroon and her dishes.For the Ndole we don't have sweetbitterleaf here,can d normal bitterleaf b used.i mean d one we use to make soup.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:17pm On May 29, 2013
@ Carol posh

i am not really used to cooking fulani meals but if you can ask him what particular meal he likes, and let me know and i`ll work out something.

amieyk

i think any bitter leaf can go just make sure you wash it well to remove all the bitterness.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by Kimberly19: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2013
hi tessy, pls could you give me the recipe for egusi soup for a household of four people. thanks
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by naijainfogalery: 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
Kuta Dried Fish is a very popular fish with the asians and africans. cuts are in big steaks and very meaty. good for preparing vegetable dishes, west african okra soup

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/kuta-dried-fish?variant=953554173
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by naijainfogalery: 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2015
Cameroon pepper is widely used for its flavor and aroma. Apart from this, it has lots of health benefits. Pepper increases the hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, thereby facilitating digestion.

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/cameroon-pepper
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hi all
Its been a while. Are we still cooking?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When You Take Too Much Alcohol[funny pix] / This big Fish was Caught In a small Stream / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.