Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:51 AM

Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here (64844 Views)

Can You Cook Any Soup With N200.. Check Out Mine / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by jovi: 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
so tessy,, do i have to dry roast the njangsang b4 grinding to use?, can you give me the recipe for your peppersoup?, I know in ivorycoast they use the njangsang and add tomatoes which we normally dont, but it tastes nice i must say!!
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2011
@ jovi
Njansang always comes dry so u don't need to dry it before grinding
yes it is used to make peppersoup

grind ur njansang and tomato together(about 2 or 3 tomatoes) some people add green spices
boil meat and when ready add blended njansang and tomatoes and leave to cook for about 10 minutes, then add ground ginger, garlic, pepper, white pepper and leave to simmer; add maggi to taste. u can put a bit of groundnut oil at the end.
if u are using fish start by coking the blended njansang and tomatoes, then add the spices, maggi and then put ur fish
or u can mix the blended njansang and tomatoes with fish, add the spices, maggi and salt. then leave for a while. u can then put in a pot an dcook for about 20 minutes
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by jovi: 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2011
Thanks @ tessy!!!,
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2011
tessybaby,

I hope u are still around ooo. Will be needing ur help. I already copied this whole thread on my computer lol. Anyways,

I have made Eru a few times now watching my sister in law do it and reading from this thread. I have used cow skin and oxtail before. This time I wanna do it with fresh snail and oxtail (I have never cooked snail in my life lol -- but i have eaten it a few times). Can I boil my oxtail with the snail (they are both strong they will be boiled for a while together) or should I boil them separately (mainly cause I dont like the flavour/smell of the snail when it's boiling and dont want it to mess up my oxtail) then put then back together in the pot before adding my spinach?
I guess my question is how do u do it when he make eru with snail? Lol, teach and I'll catch up quickly lol, I am a good cook and enjoy making food for ppl to eat.

Eru the way cameroonians make it is a new area for me -- we eat too where I am from but we cook it differently, we make it like douala ppl, with groundnut paste (and we eat with baton/bobolo and salted fish on the side).
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:30pm On May 04, 2011
@ Sasi_malia
sorry am just seeing ur post now

I think you should boil the oxtail and snails seperately
then u can put together later and add ur spinach.

I u are using fresh snail be careful coz it won't stop getting slimmy at times
i use limes or what we call alum to stop the slimmy liquid from the snail

hope this helps
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 2:32pm On May 08, 2011
tessybaby,

You are my hero lol!!!! I just saw ur reply now and that eru has been long eaten and digested lol. It came out really good (better than some eru i have eaten), this is like my 4th time cooking eru and I think I have mastered it lol. I made a enormous pot of it and my fiance ate it for 4 days straight for lunch and dinner. The only problem I am having is getting good eru here; it is either sliced too big or it is too strong. I do soak it for a long time but still does not help that much. I'll post pictures soon. Thanks again!
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 9:54am On May 10, 2011
@malia

where are you based?

you could ask the person selling the eru to slice your finely (small slices)
soaking in water does not make eru soft
the only secret is using enough waterleaf (spinach) and palm oil.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 1:06am On May 13, 2011
Tessybaby

Thanks for ur replies. I guess ill have to make more cameroonian connections so I can get my eru sent to me directly from there. I'm based in maryland. We do find eru but not the best quality. My future sis in law always orders it from back home and gives me some anytime somebody comes here but I would like to have another reliable source lol. Thanks much for everything ooo. Next will be atchu soup. I haven't mastered that one. I am actually still working on liking the soup itself. I wasn't a big fan at first but starting to like it.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by 9ja4eva: 2:56am On May 16, 2011
You can find lots of Cameroonian dishes here

http://mycamerooniancuisine..com

I love Eru btw #jstsaying
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 10:44am On May 17, 2011
@ malia

Am happy i can be of help

It's normal that u would not find good eru there.
If i can i would help you send some eru that's if u have someone who is travelling to cameroon and back to the U.S. and is reliable and willing to take your parcel. But on the condition that you would send my share of the eru when you are done cooking lol. Contact me tessylove82@yahoo.com

As for the Achu Soup am waiting for ur questions.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 11:18am On May 30, 2011
@ 9ja4eva
thanx for the link
Cameroonian food is sooooooo good
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
Tessybaby where are you and how have you been?
Well I hope. Well I have good news. My fiance and I just got married last aug 20. It was a fun simple and pretty traditonal wedding. This means that I will be needing some of your help. I'm good with eru and egusi. I'm a good cook or so I have been told by most ppl so I think I will more help just with cameroonian dishes. Ndole seems easy to make but never done it from start to finish by myself. Same with achu. When I'm ready I will let u know exactly what I have (u know its not always easy to get all the ingredients over here) and will review the recipes u already posted on here. Thanks for being such a sweetheart!
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2011
Big CONGRATS Sasi-malia

enjoy ur honey moon with lots of good cameroonian dishes lol

let me know when ever u need help
i need you to surprise ur hubby with some meals he would never imagine you know how to cook

whatz his favourite cameroonian meal.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by Nayah(f): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2011
Tessy my Cameroonian sister!!!! good to see you proud to be Cameroonian as usual wink
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2011
thank you ooo Tessy, you are such a blessing! lol
His favorites are really Eru and achu. He likes Ekwang koko too, but that one looks like a challenge that I am willing to take, i'll just make sure I have absolutely everything I need. I also want to try to make Cornshaft (i dont know how to spell it); I have eaten it before but I have never seen how they cook it. He also likes kwakoko bibo (not sure how it is written LOL; dont laugh ooo, I dey try). I think thats all I can think of for now. My aunt brought me some good eru from back home (cameroon eru and ours is exactly the same) so thats what I am making today with oat fufu and good glass of chilled guiness for him. lol.
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
awwwwwwwwww
how was the eru? hope he enjoyed it.

corn chaff is pretty easy to make

u need corn (fresh or dry) i think u can use
beans
palm oil
crayfish
smoked fish
maggi
ginger, garlic, onion and pepper
some people use ground tomatoes too

boil beans and corn separately till well cooked

fry your tomatoes until well cooked add half of the ground spices and fish
add corn and beans with water, salt, palm oil and some maggi cubes and leave to cook till the soup is kind of thick
add the rest of the spices and crayfish with water and cook for about 10 minutes. ur corn chaff should have some soup (not too dry)

ur corn chaff is ready
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
ndole and miondo

yummyyyyyyyyyy

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
fufu and eru

my favorite

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by Nayah(f): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
wèèèè Tessy comment tu nous fais ça non? lol
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
ekwang coco

served hot

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
Bon apetit ma soeur Nayah
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
koki and plantain

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
Poulet DG

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by Nayah(f): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
wèèèèèèèèè
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2011
achu and yellow soup

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2011
Kondre Chevre et porc

Goat poridge plantain and Pork Poridge plantain

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2011
roasted chicken and roasted fish

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
roasted chicken with bobolo

Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
hope you enjoyed them
will be back
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by sasimalia(f): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
Tessybaby!!!!!!
You are killing us ooooo,
So you too are fond of taking pictures of good, delicious food and posting hein? Dont worry I'll give you your own share you will see. I have a food album on my facebook page (here is the link http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.510047355459.2019376.160801294 ) but it's a few years old now. I'm collecting pics right now lol.
Merci beaucoup pour la recette du Cornshaff. I honestly thought it would be harder than this. Now that you are hooking me up like that i dont know lol. My husband doesnt like to eat out in general and since I cook a lot he is usually pretty happy, but with that I'm guaranteed it wont even eat anywhere else.
Would you (whenever you have time, I dont I have asked alot already) share the recipe for koki?
Re: Learn How To Cook Any Cameroonian Meal Here by tessybaby(f): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
hahahahhahaha
sasi
just enjoy ohhhhhhhh
food is good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When You Take Too Much Alcohol[funny pix] / This big Fish was Caught In a small Stream / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.