Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (265771 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2015
So I was thinking where to help in healthy eating. There is a lot temptation in that kitchen thread.

This thread will strictly on healthy eating.
I don't want to see mountain of Fufu and banga soup here cheesy.

Anyway, as we get older we begin to be aware of changes in our body. Some trying to loose weight, those trying to maintain weight. If you are trying to gain weight, abeg look for another thread.

No too much talk. Paste your food of # healthyeating.

basically let's maintain 30% carb, 30% protein 40% vegetable meal. And of cos fruits.

Cc
edwife
kimoni
babyosisi (pls leave your candy bar behind )
Efemenaxy
Cococandy
Herzumpther

all others interested. When you have the time, take a pic of your meal. We can encourage one another to eat healthy and see as you progress.

tbh. , this my body I carry since I was 18, I no wan loose am at all at all grin

Let's go there

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 02, 2015
Wow thanks chilli, I need this thread the most. smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 02, 2015
Carry over food from last week to grace the front tongue

Plantain porridge.

No oil used. I used the oil from the fish skin and 3 spoon of tomato puree.

7 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
Wow thanks chilli, I need this thread the most. smiley

You are welcome. kiss

Enough food experiment go shele here.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce:

You are welcome. kiss

Enough food experiment go shele here.

cheesy
Heehehe. I can't wait. I've been adding look lots of protein to my food these days and the difference is clear. Thanks to you ma'am. kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
Heehehe. I can't wait. I've been adding look lots of protein to my food these days and the difference is clear. Thanks to you ma'am. kiss

You welcome dear.

Babe3., pls bring that your food in here.

Are you a fitness guru? @babe3
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Here i am grin healthy is my first name.

Lets go there...chillisauce kiss kiss

Roasted Tilapia with green pepper and mushrooms.The plantain was fried but with little virgin oil...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce:

You welcome dear.

Babe3., pls bring that your food in here.

Are you a fitness guru? @babe3

Not so much a guru. I just try my best possible to live a healthy lifestyle.

Which one of the foods? all?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Let's go there, Chilli baby! kiss kiss

It certainly isn't easy when you get to a certain stage as your body's metabolism slows down. Now this is me trying to be a good girl at lunch time...

One slice of wholemeal brown bread with lettuce, (drained) tuna chunks in brine (as opposed to sunflower oil), cucumbers, an orange and half a litre of water. cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
Sweet corn and ketchup with sweet potatoes and grilled chicken.......

Abeg I'm I on the right path? sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
And this was breakfast...

100ml of skimmed milk, 1 wheat biscuit, cherry plum tomatoes, cucumber slices and 500ml bottle of water.

Seriously, this feels like less than what my 3 year old daughter has for breakfast! but I'm going to stick to incorporating a healthy lifestyle and this involves healthy eating too.

No more fry-ups (eggs, plantain, yams) and no more fruit juices or coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and lots of (condensed) Peak / Carnation milk. I drink just water and I take my fruits as they come. Fresh and pure. Nothing processed anymore.

Is it easy? Hell no!

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by zemaye: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
O boy my apoti na here be the Place!
Chai efe the meal is too colour.
Edwife were my own cryO boy my apoti na here be the Place!
Edwife were my own
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
And this was breakfast...

100ml of skimmed milk, 1 wheat biscuit, cherry plum tomatoes, cucumber slices and 500ml bottle of water.

Seriously, this feels less than what my 3 year old daughter has for breakfast but I'm going to stick to incorportating a healthy lifestlye and this involves healthy eating too.

No more fry-ups (eggs, plantain, yams) and no more fruit juices or coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and lots of (condensed) Peak / Carnation milk. I drink just water and I take my fruits as they come. Fresh and pure. Nothing processed anymore.

Is it easy? Hell no!

Avocado. cry
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
Avocado. cry

Lol! You sef and avocado kiss

I've got a pic but it's not very pretty.

D'you know, my sister says with all the "leaves" and greens I've been eating of late, I must have trees growing in my stomach now. Plus I'm depriving the environment of oxygen! Can you imagine? cheesy cheesy

zemaye:
O boy my apoti na here be the Place!
Edwife were my own cryO boy my apoti na here be the Place!

Haha! Too colourful? But dem say the more colourful, the healthier and the better... smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! You sef and avocado kiss

I've got a pic but it's not very pretty.

D'you know, my sister says with all the "leaves" and greens I've been eating of late, I must have trees growing in my stomach now. Plus I'm depriving the environment of oxygen! Can you imagine? cheesy cheesy

Haha! Too colourful? But dem say the more colourful, the healthier and the better... smiley smiley
Hahahahahas. Trees growing in your stomach lol.

I noticed I lost some as s weight . I've been eating lots of leaves and beans with fruits, especially cucumber and avocado . my cloth are a little big on me now, I amend them before wearing. Mum and dad and my siblings even noticed I lost some weight. Funny I've not jogged for a week now.

Now I cook their own and my own differently.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Is it easy? Hell no!

eating healthy is actually harder than working out (to me). We're so used to eating junk that it makes weaning ourselves off them more difficult. sad

but I make it easy on myself. I have what I call cheat days or cheat meals. grin Once every 2 weeks (usually saturdays) I go all out on junk; every food I've missed and craved.

Though I now go without those cheat meals for a month atimes; hopefully a month will turn into a year.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
BABE3:

eating healthy is actually harder than working out (to me). We're so used to eating junk that it makes weaning ourselves off them more difficult. sad
but I make it easy on myself. I have what I call cheat days or cheat meals. grin Once every 2 weeks (usually saturdays) I go all out on junk; every food I've missed and craved.
Though I now go without those cheat meals for a month atimes; hopefully a month will turn into a year.

This is just sooooooo true!

Lol @ cheat meals cheesy

You know it's easiest to keep on the straight and narrow path (food wise) in the mornings, afternoons, and early evenings. But from 7:00 p.m, temptation comes a-knocking...and I think that's when the body's metabolism rate is slowest. sad

I try to stave of the cravings with nuts and fruits but I do fall a couple of times. This was me fighting of temptation last night... a handful of unsalted cashewnuts cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
I thought I posted something here shocked
Upiantu! cheesy
E be like say e dey do me for eye too cheesy cheesy.

Efe,that nut is sooooo tempting.
I munch ukwa(fried breadfruit) these day like part 2 no dey.
Very tedious task.

Love healthy eating always.
How's family?
Chilli pompom,how far na kiss
This ur thread make sense o! kiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

This is just sooooooo true!

Lol @ cheat meals cheesy

You know it's easiest to keep on the straight and narrow path (food wise) in the mornings, afternoons, and early evenings. But from 7:00 p.m, temptation comes a-knocking...and I think that's when the body's metabolism rate is slowest. sad

I try to stave of the cravings with nuts and fruits but I do fall a couple of times. This was me fighting of temptation last night... a handful of unsalted cashewnuts cheesy cheesy

Cashew nuts are a good and healthy choice I just don't like the taste of nuts. sad

I've had times when my cheat meals turned to cheat week. But that's in the past. We thank God for that. cheesy

It sure gets easier and it's worth it in the long run.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hmnnnnn Chilli, should I really be here? Na me go carry last oooo

Like Babe said, eating healthy is much more difficult than working out. I would pee in my pants if Efe mistakenly invites me to her home for lunch/dinner. But tell me to spend 24 hrs in the gym and I won't even bat an eyelid.

Anyways, I love challenges so I'll start from today(so help me God) moreover, I need to lose my post preg fat.

I was never into fruits but I'll give these a trial-

9 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce ah this thread is long overdue. Thank you.

Me I'm doing a mix of healthy and unhealthy eating.

Babe3 I know they must find you here tongue

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
Old posts.

Green salad and grilled chicken.

7 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
I always like to do a smoothie, mix of fruit and yoghurt or oatmeal for one meal of the day.

5 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
cococandy:
Chillisauce ah this thread is long overdue. Thank you.

Me I'm doing a mix of healthy and unhealthy eating.

Babe3 I know they must find you here tongue

I knew I'd find you here too. grin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Roasted chicken and fresh tomatoes.
No oil or anything

3 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Let's go there, Chilli baby! kiss kiss

It certainly isn't easy when you get to a certain stage as your body's metabolism slows down. Now this is me trying to be a good girl at lunch time...

One slice of wholemeal brown bread with lettuce, (drained) tuna chunks in brine (as opposed to sunflower oil), cucumbers, an orange and half a litre of water. cool

Gosh
This looks like what my mother eats
Lettuce inside bread,carrots inside oatmeal and a cup of prune juice and slices of raw onion for dessert
Yuck!
The crunchiness when she chews it even annoys me
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
cococandy:
Roasted chicken and fresh tomatoes.
No oil or anything

Please chicken is not healthy
Go and roast tofu or cabbage cheesy grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
babyosisi:

Gosh
Lettuce inside bread,carrots inside oatmeal and a cup of prune juice and slices of raw onion for dessert
Yuck!
grin grin grin

I just laughed when Chillisauce mentioned you. cheesy
You no dey for self-punishment like us.

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
babyosisi:

Please chicken is not healthy
Go and roast tofu or cabbage cheesy grin

Er white meat. Didn't they say it was the best.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
babyosisi:

Gosh
Yuck!
grin grin grin

Lol! The crunchier, the better. tongue tongue

Osisi, better get in with the flow here. T'is all healthy stuff. No fry-fry.

You mumsie sounds like a happening babe jor. cool cool tongue

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
cococandy:

Er white meat. Didn't they say it was the best.

She's teasing you. cheesy

Kimoni:
Hmnnnnn Chilli, should I really be here? Na me go carry last oooo
Like Babe said, eating healthy is much more difficult than working out. I would pee in my pants if Efe mistakenly invites me to her home for lunch/dinner. But tell me to spend 24 hrs in the gym and I won't even bat an eyelid.
Anyways, I love challenges so I'll start from today(so help me God) moreover, I need to lose my post preg fat.
I was never into fruits but I'll give these a trial-

Hahaha!

Why na? grin grin grin

@ Moca: Yes, Cashew nuts are a healthy choice as long as you don't overdo it. Moderation is the key. I usually take just a handful in the evenings to take the edge off cravings...

Herzumpther:
Hahahahahas. Trees growing in your stomach lol.
I noticed I lost some as s weight . I've been eating lots of leaves and beans with fruits, especially cucumber and avocado . my cloth are a little big on me now, I amend them before wearing. Mum and dad and my siblings even noticed I lost some weight. Funny I've not jogged for a week now.
Now I cook their own and my own differently.

Same thing here but it's punishment I tell you. Having to cook mouthwatering stuff for the family (including their fry-ups) while I have to restrict myself. Not fatty oils, no processed sugar, and minimal salt. Arrrrggghhhh! It's tough jare. Hubby doesn't help when he cooks our typical African soups with all that palm oil (Egusi, Ogbolo, etc.)

I remember one time eh...it wasn't with my clear eyes that I found ma self in da kitchen making serious poundo to go with his Egusi soup with stockfish and cow leg. Chei! grin grin grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce:
Carry over food from last week to grace the front tongue

Plantain porridge.

No oil used. I used the oil from the fish skin and 3 spoon of tomato puree.

Pls, how d'you make this, Chilli?

I've got some bags of pre-peeled, frozen, king-sized prawns, plantain, and ugwu. Is there anything else I'll need to make this apart from Maggi and salt?

How d'you make the sauce to go with this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.