Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,185 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 (23072 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The Three points?

Nigeria: 83% (20 votes)
Tahiti: 8% (2 votes)
Draw: 8% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by switchmax8: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
siasia had tried left for the boys to up their game their match against tahiti was like they were trying to impress foreign scouts they do not know that it is when your team performed that you will be admire and recomend
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Wow i didn't know such losers could qualify to the next round. You beat up on helpless Tahiti and you can qualify?

It's something. But let see how they will be fair with the next round. Nigeria seems to play better with good teams. Tahitians lack skills that will always confuse a better teams. Nigeria need to work on their strikers. that is the major issue with the team as of now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by zenus(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2009
what if we pray and the players are not playing
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2009
TexMex:

@ FBS

The Flying Eagles have scaled through already (based on results from GERMANY Vs CAMEROUN and KOREA Vs USA matches). We 've prayed, and GOD has answered our prayers. It is now left for the players and the coaching crew to improve their game.
@ TexMex,

We Thank God and I'm sort of relieved now cheesy. Siasia and his boys now have the chance to prove and show what kind of stuff they are made of. No more errors.
At least all our criticism won't be counted for nothing.  grin

OvieE:

It's something. But let see how they will be fair with the next round. Nigeria seems to play better with good teams. Tahitians lack skills that will always confuse a better teams. Nigeria need to work on their strikers. that is the major issue with the team as of now.
Just what we have all been saying. The strikers are just not living up to expectation. I'm personally yet to see that "touch" of a genius from all the strikers combined.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by switchmax8: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2009
you are right our prayer will not energise their legs or brain neither will it teach them how to play as a team
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by 9ijaprince(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2009
Is God a nigerian?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
But the most important thing that we need to agree on is that we need to stop depending on other to help through to any games. This has been happening since 2002 Korea and Japan world cup when Nigeria nearly missed out.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by snapshot: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
zenus:

Now it will be Nig vs which team

we will  definitely meet either  Germany or the winner of between Ghana and uruguay. It will depend on the other best losers that make  it through.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by tkb417(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2009
FBS:

@ TexMex,

We Thank God and I'm sort of relieved now cheesy. Siasia and his boys now have the chance to prove and show what kind of stuff they are made of. No more errors.
At least all our criticism won't be counted for nothing.  grin
mscheww

una go dey hear match day they lament say REF do this and that
that team cant do shit

den fit prove me wrong sha

at least denmark didnt qualify for euros 92, they came cos Yugo were disqualified and they came to win the tourney

lets hope the rejected stone (flying eagles) will become the cornerstone (eventual winners)
how tht is possible sha, we go see. Shebi Spain still dey there
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by saworoide: 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2009
OvieE:

FE are in as it now. But who they will meet it what I want to know now.

zenus:

Now it will be Nig vs which team

It is one of Ghana, Uruguay or Germany. We will have to wait for the draw.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Digriz(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
D may surprise everyone by going al d way to d final.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by adebayo201: 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2009
Nig vs any1. Notin du u xcept diz finishin point of a thin. Dat'z y i lv world cup. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Princek12(m): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
Siasia's true strength is about to be tested in the second round. I just want to assure my fellow Nigerians that although this team appears weak on its face, especially judging them solely by the results of the 1st round, I must assuredly say that they are not that bad of a team--the team created many scoring chances, and the players are extremely fit.  Also, since a lot of the players are also from the local league, they lack experience at this level, which probably made the strikers nervous in front of goal. As again since this is soccer, anything can happen in the second round.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
I believe Nigeria will do well in the second round. The time of hoping is over. Either you win and stay or lose and go home; that is the only thing that is left but I choose win and stay on in Jesus's name  (Amen).
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by zenus(m): 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2009
Group C

Team               MP W D L GF GA Pts
Germany                3 2 1 0 7 1 7
Korea Republic       3 1 1 1 4 3 4
USA                       3 1 0 2 4 7 3
Cameroon       3 1 0 2 3 7 3

Just see what Cameroonians are doing.
I was just planning to switch my support to them hoping Nigeria will not go thru
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
Princek12:

Siasia's true strength is about to be tested in the second round. I just want to assure my fellow Nigerians that although this team appears weak on its face, especially judging them solely by the results of the 1st round, I must assuredly say that they are not that bad of a team--the team created many scoring chances, and the players are extremely fit.  Also, since a lot of the players are also from the local league, they lack experience at this level, which probably made the strikers nervous in front of goal. As again since this is soccer, anything can happen in the second round.

You're right. Lets just hope the strikers live up to spectation. That is the only thing everyone are worry about.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by zenus(m): 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
hope South Africa wil not play like Cameroon
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
By the way, congratulation to Nigeria and fellow Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by buffead(f): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2009
as anyone seen da ghana play how good are they ??
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
zenus:

hope South Africa wil not play like Cameroon

Would love to see 4 Africa teams in the second round and that will bost our chance of African making it to final. Either way, I am most happy for seeing Nigeria going through. And I wish South Africa well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by noblec1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2009
As it is now FE has qualified but that depends on neither england nor uzberkistan producing a 7-0 goal margin. They will now play the winner bw ghana & uruguay or ghana if the game ends in a draw tonight. The match will be played on tuesday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2009
noble c.:

As it is now FE has qualified but that depends on neither england nor uzberkistan producing a 7-0 goal margin. They will now play the winner bw ghana & uruguay or ghana if the game ends in a draw tonight. The match will be played on tuesday.

Both Ghana and Uruguay will want to win this games so they can be fair with a laser team that sneak into the round 16 like Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by toosoon(m): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2009
england vs uzberkistan game will decide our fate tonite, let us pray!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Dclique(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
Good News, Nigeria Qualifies For The Next Round Of FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by 9ijaprince(m): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
Nothing to cheer about. This boys will be pounded heavily by a team like ghana or uruguay.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
too_soon:

england vs uzberkistan game will decide our fate tonite, let us pray!!!

Just be joyful like the rest of us. This two teams will not give each a chance for one to over come the other to score 7 goals. This is do or die afair for both. I can only say draw or one zero in favor of England.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Gbawe: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2009
noble c.:

Not true. Italy , with 4 points, have already claimed one place of the four available for best 4 out of all third placed team. We have to gain one of the three places remaining. Mathematically , either Uzbekistan or England can still claim a spot with the right goal difference. Costa Rica with 3 points  , even if unlikely , may claim a spot if they beat Czech republic to finish with 6 points. Australia could still claim a spot ahead of us if they beat Brazil 7-0 - even as I think pigs will fly before that happens.  Hungary , South Africa and Honduras , with the right results, can all still gain better results than we currently have.  That would make it around 6 teams that can still beat us to the three spots available. I think we will go through but it is too early to state with certainty that we will be in the next round.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ebayo201,
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

What if a potential GCE/WAEC student had to read your post, ? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by noblec1(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
Gbawe, neither england nor uzberkistan can beat the other with a 7-0 goal margin. With cameroon and usa below nigeria and england and uzberkistan likely to be below nigeria too. That means no matter the outcome of group e & f, they can only produce 2 of the 4 3rd placed teams and with italy that will leave nigeria as the 4th 3rd placed teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2009
noble c.:

Gbawe, neither england nor uzberkistan can beat the other with a 7-0 goal margin. With cameroon and usa below nigeria and england and uzberkistan likely to be below nigeria too. That means no matter the outcome of group e & f, they can only produce 2 of the 4 3rd placed teams and with italy that will leave nigeria as the 4th 3rd placed teams.

Thank u my broda. If he reads other people post, he will understand. I have only calculate it before. Since both Cameroon and USA lost means that Nigeria is authomatically in because it is impossible for both Eng and Uzb to over come each other. Group E and F have nothing to do with Nigeria anymore.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
@FBS,

In football, finding the back of the net is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Passing to one another is ONLY part of it.

"Passing to one another", is being supported and applauded by many in Nigeria because it is the trademark of a popular by a famous English Premiership League Club that hasn't won anything lately but with a lot of followership in Nigeria (I hope they still support the club as much) grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Davedavy: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
Gbawe:

Not true. Italy , with 4 points, have already claimed one place of the four available for best 4 out of all third placed team. We have to gain one of the three places remaining. Mathematically , either Uzbekistan or England can still claim a spot with the right goal difference. Costa Rica with 3 points  , even if unlikely , may claim a spot if they beat Czech republic to finish with 6 points. Australia could still claim a spot ahead of us if they beat Brazil 7-0 - even as I think pigs will fly before that happens.  Hungary , South Africa and Honduras , with the right results, can all still gain better results than we currently have.  That would make it around 6 teams that can still beat us to the three spots available. I think we will go through but it is too early to state with certainty that we will be in the next round.

We are in no matter what happens between the other two groups,as at now Italy and Nigeria are already through to the round of 16 as the best 3rd place.Except either England or Uzbekistan can score seven goals in the second half which is not possible,as at half time the scores is still 0-0.so indeed we are through.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Commonwealth Gold Medallist Nwokocha Provisionally Suspended For Doping / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) / Today’s Nigeria Vs SA Match Is Like The Final For Me, My Heart Is Not At Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.