Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 (23071 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The Three points?

Nigeria: 83% (20 votes)
Tahiti: 8% (2 votes)
Draw: 8% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by sunnela: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2009
that's the same way we'll go to the world cup, kenya will draw tunisia, we'll beat mozambique and we'll be topping the group on goal diff to surrender no more
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Gbawe: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
Davedavy:

We are in no matter what happens between the other two groups,as at now Italy and Nigeria are already through to the round of 16 as the best 3rd place.Except either England or Uzbekistan can score seven goals in the second half which is not possible,as at half time the scores is still 0-0.so indeed we are through.

Yes , now we are through. I was trying to show that  , even if only mathematically , some teams could still gain better results that may edge us out - even as the Uzbekistan V England game was more or less the decider. The other results today (especially the outcome of the Uzbekistan V England game) have meant that we will now not be affected by the games played tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Akwasi(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2009
Whew finally! Hope the boyz avoid Ghana though. Very gud side. Who is watching the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by buffead(f): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2009
Akwasi:

Whew finally! Hope the boyz avoid Ghana though. Very gud side. Who is watching the match?

yeh i am , nd dey just scored a very gd goal , i hope we dont meet dem dey would spell nigeria !!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by adebayo201: 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2009
I dnt blive dat cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2009
it's ghana 2-urug 0 tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
veerrry classygoal that was
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mystikal(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2009
so that means we're playing Ghana, right?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2009
It won't be a good thing to meet ghana oo! Uruguaians just pulled one back after an initial face to face with goalkeeper.

Reeeddddd!!!!!, and it's the hard fighting rabiu. This can change the game. commentator says the ref was harsh, embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2009
@sunnela
that's the same way we'll go to the world cup, kenya will draw tunisia, we'll beat mozambique and we'll be topping the group on goal diff to surrender no more  

My broda, many people will be happy if what you describe above take stand. Onething you do not understand is fifa rules. Let say what you describe above take stand, Nigeria will still not qualify for world cup because When we went to Tunisia, we fail to score but only for Tunisia to score two goals in our backyard. Maybe you should go back to history of 2006 world cup qualifier. Despite goals different with Angola, Nigeria fail go to the world cup even though both teams had 21 point. Angola able to urge out Nigeria for the ticket because Nigeria fail to score in Angola but Angola able to score when they played in Kano, Nigeria. I have this help. Take a look at 2006 world and Africa cup qualifier. Nigeria score more but it did not make different. I hope it helps you understand if not I hope one of the Nairaland friends will elaborate it more clearly for you. The under 20 world cup to go to the round 16 is totally different than the world cup.

Group D  P W D L F A P
x-Angola 10 6 3 1 12 6 21
y-Nigeria 10 6 3 1 21 7 21
y-Zimbabwe 10 4 3 3 13 14 15
Gabon 10 2 4 4 11 13 10
Algeria 10 1 5 4 8 15 8
Rwanda 10 1 2 7 6 16 5
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2009
is it that west african football is too hard for fifa referees to understand or  we are really too hard at tackles??
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
This ref na idiot and I do hope Ghana will successfully appeal that RED CARD.
What a shame to FIFA. Refs in this tournament have been piss poor.

However, I've got to say this. The boys from Ghana are impressive, powerful, skillful, pacy and definitely clinical in front of goal. Precise and crisp finishing. Hardworking lads. Brilliant performance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2009
The english boys are playing verry poorly against Usbeskistan. All three Lions are suddenly hungry now. They are all level now on 1-1 but too little too late may be for England.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
^^^ At least the jinx is broken. The last scorer for England at this level was Jamie Caraggher and that was some many years ago.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
It's 2-2-.Ghana needs to hang on precariously now to top the group. Uruguay are looking for a goal more to avoid meeting Brazil, grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by buffead(f): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2009
so na ghana we dey meet , ermmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
If that is the case, we only need to take out their playmaker, Abedi Pele Jnr.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by buffead(f): 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2009
FBS:

If that is the case, we only need to take out their playmaker, Abedi Pele Jnr.

are u sure they got other good players , lool dem dey diss us for dere forum , about how dey would spell nigeria if they should meet us ermmm cry cry dnt think i would watch da match sef
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by 9ijaprince(m): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
Am afraid too. This guys will nail us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2009
Akwasi:

@Akwasi,i remember you called me a fool yesterday when i told you point-blank that nigeria would qualify.Now tell me who the fool is ?FYI,go to page three of this thread and re-read my predictions before the nigeria game started.oke belgium grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by adebayo201: 10:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
God 4bid cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Akwasi(m): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
MrPrsdent:

@Akwasi,i remember you called me a fool yesterday when i told you point-blank that nigeria would qualify.Now tell me who the fool is ?FYI,go to page three of this thread and re-read my predictions before the nigeria game started.oke belgium grin grin

U r right Mr President. Guess emotions were doing the talking. Sorry men grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2009
Group D stalemate benefits Nigeria

Nigeria are through to the last 16 after England and Uzbekistan went out of Egypt 2009 with a whimper, drawing 1-1 to consign both to elimination. The Flying Eagles' position as one of the best third-placed teams was confirmed after a forgettable match that only briefly flickered into life in the final stages.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/round=253217/match=300090219/summary.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by TexMex: 11:06pm On Oct 02, 2009

@9ijaprince

Please don't say that. I will not be nailed, and NIGERIA will not be nailed in JESUS Name. Football is not mathematics. We just need to hope for the best, and pray we come out tops.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Gbawe: 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2009
9ijaprince:

With fear in our hearts , the battle is lost already. Ghana is a formidable team but I think the Nigerian team is not as bad as many claim it is. No doubt they will have to play very well to beat Ghana but the Nigerian team was not outclassed by Spain or Venezuela. Better finishing, concentration and composure would have meant we could have won , or at least drawn , both games as we had our periods of dominance against Spain and Venezuela. Ghana are favourites if  we meet them - and it is still 'if' until tomorrow -  but the Nigerian team should go out there and attempt to play instead of focusing on Ghana's results so far .
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by OvieE: 11:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
Any team that is wishing to get Nigeria in round 16 might regret it. At this stage, anything can happen. Forget about group face now, it is down and over with.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by 9ijaprince(m): 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
@texmee and gbawee: sorry i used negative words. But the fact is that it is luck that has carried us this far. This FE lacks finishing. I pray that our next opponent will not disgrace us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Princek12(m): 11:39pm On Oct 02, 2009
I am not disputing the fact that Ghana has an excellent team, but anyone who knows soccer--and knows it very well--knows that the Nigerian team is not as bad as proclaimed, and that anything can happen on any given day, especially if our goals fall in.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by naso2(m): 11:40pm On Oct 02, 2009
Gbawe:

With fear in our hearts , the battle is lost already. Ghana is a formidable team but I think the Nigerian team is not as bad as many claim it is. No doubt they will have to play very well to beat Ghana but the Nigerian team was not outclassed by Spain or Venezuela. Better finishing, concentration and composure would have meant we could have won , or at least drawn , both games as we had our periods of dominance against Spain and Venezuela. Ghana are favourites if  we meet them - and it is still 'if' until tomorrow -  but the Nigerian team should go out there and attempt to play instead of focusing on Ghana's results so far .

The truth of matter is so far the FE has the ability to create enough scoring opportunities to outscore any country in this competetion. Yes even Brasil ,talkLess of Ghana.

The question mark however is if they will convert their chances. If by chance  our attackers start clicking , then any team will fall. Another thing I noticed in the TAHITI match is that nobody scored twice and the goals came from mainly midfielders and defenders meaning opponents will definitely be  confused as to who they should mark out.

I like the underdog status the FE now have , I beleive it  will help setup our opponents for surprises. OYA MAKE UNA CRITICISE  wink wink wink wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Gbawe: 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2009
9ijaprince:

@texmee and gbawee: sorry i used negative words. But the fact is that it is luck that has carried us this far. This FE lacks finishing. I pray that our next opponent will not disgrace us.
Bruv, no need to apologise. I understand your stance. On paper , Ghana seems to be one of the favourites and Nigeria appear lucky to be in the next round but I think luck worked against us as much as you surmise it worked in our favour . Did you not see Salami's magnificent in-Player crash against the Spanish Bar , with the Goalkeeper completely beaten , at a time Nigeria had her tail up ? In the same game we had a legit goal disallowed also !!!

Let us get behind our team . We have to hope they get better and that they find what they have been missing so far.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by fredmos(m): 3:19am On Oct 03, 2009
Nigerian flying eagles are now through to the round of 16 though they've not been flying, but they owe that to the defeat Cameroun and Usa suffered from Germany and Korea. Matches from group D were drawn, making Egypt, Paraguay, Italy, Spain, Venezuela, Nigeria, Germany, Korea, Ghana, and Uruguay through to the round of 16.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by saworoide: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
It is officially confirmed that Nigeria's next opponent is Germany on 7th October.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Commonwealth Gold Medallist Nwokocha Provisionally Suspended For Doping / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) / Today’s Nigeria Vs SA Match Is Like The Final For Me, My Heart Is Not At Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.