Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes (6849 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2016
MizJanet:

grin grin I can't laugh oooooooo

@ bold , god has breast , vagina , penis ?

Every right thinking person understands that simple biblical statement while fools will always have the kind of understanding u posted here.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
honourhim:

Every right thinking person understands that simple biblical statement while fools will always have the kind of understanding u posted here.

then that means you are the fool for saying man is in the image of your god in the flesh !
, in the flesh the parts tongue, breast , vagina and penis are present ... so its necessary to ask if god have this too to validate your statement .
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by frank317: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
MizJanet:

then that means you are the fool for saying man is in the image of your god in the flesh !
, in the flesh the parts tongue, breast , vagina and penis are present ... so its necessary to ask if god have this too to validate your statement .

Can u imagine how he has made a mess of his own thread. Someone claiming to teach us how to overcome fear of hell fire does not even understand anything about it.
I just wonder what God does with his spiritual penis... Lol
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
frank317:

Can u imagine how he has made a mess of his own thread. Someone claiming to teach us how to overcome fear of hell fire does not even understand anything about it.
MizJanet:

Both of u can keep fooling yourselves. Nobody is forcing u to believe. Its a matter of time and you will be in everlasting regrets if u dont repent.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Naital(m): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
honourhim:

Both of u can keep fooling yourselves. Nobody is forcing u to believe. Its a matter of time and you will be in everlasting regrets if u dont repent.

Repent.... hmmm.

From what to what .... I can only wonder. This is an unnecessary thread.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2016
frank317:

He really mess up his thread, very hilarious @ bold .. So true, He doesn't understand a single thing about it lol grin

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2016
frank317:

Loooooool!!! So without tongue, spirit and even your God cannot talk? Do spirits also have intestine to digest their food? Sorry, do spirits go to toilet?

I can't stop laughing here... See tears for my eyes. Sir, abeg does spirit like Amala and goat meat too? Lol

Can spirits talk? Yes as i ve shown you in the scripture. Does the tongue play a role in our speech? Yes. So what foolish sense do u think u are making?

Can spirit eat? I ve not seen nor shown u such in the scripture. . So what"s the talk about food? You people are so stupld.. When u dont have any reason to counter a point u resort to Stupidlty of mockery.
If u know anywhere that talks about spirits eating in the bible then show me so that we take it up too and stop messing yourself up..
And what is wrong if God who created the tongue and made it part of our speech have a tongue too as part of his own speech part too?
You people are so stupld.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2016
MizJanet:

He really mess up his thread, very hilarious @ bold .. So true, He doesn't understand a single thing about it lol grin

Stop being foolish and start reasoning normal. You people like attacking every bible discussions like mad dog. No sane reasoning. All your intention is to make mockery of the bible without reasoning in balance with its submissions.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
MizJanet:

the bolded statement disqualify your god from having tongue. And somewhere in the bible someone said spirit don't have flesh ~ Tongue is pure flesh man . and this same tongue mentioned in that story can taste water . lol god drink water. Very soon you will tell me God eat food cheesy

Proof from the bible that god have tongue ? U no get grin na to dey assume. basically, the pictures in your head about the god u serve must be so humanoid having every part of man including sex organs ( aftrall he is used for him, denoting a male ) god have teeth too , hahahaha am trying to imagine the kind of picture in your head about how god looked like . so pathetic that rational thinking is exchanged when your indoctrination is scrutinized

Habakkuk 1:12 Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction. 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy TONGUE when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?..

Isaiah 30:27 Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his TONGUE as a devouring fire:

The bible told us that the eyes of God watches over us, his ear hears us, his hand upholds us. Now i ve shown you where it mentioned about his tongue to show you how foolish you are.
The other parts of our body that is not mentioned in relation to him we can't say because we dont know. Keep exhibiting your stupidlty.

I dont know why your foolishness tells you that he who gave us hand, eyes, ears, mouth cannot possess it. You said tongue is part of the flesh, is eyes, ears, mouth, hand possesed by God who is a spirit not part of the flesh ?
It is your stupidlty that makes you feel that the spirit cannot possess these parts in their spiritual body.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Naital(m): 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
honourhim:

Stop being foolish and start reasoning normal. You people like attacking every bible discussions like mad dog. No sane reasoning. All your intention is to make mockery of the bible without reasoning in balance with its submissions.

LMAO. So many insults in nearly all your posts.

Both of you (honourhim & MizJanet) appear to have a few things in common (one always casting aspersions on the other's viewpoints) except that you are both at opposing extremities of this philosophical debate.

I know something that can effectively resolve this impasse ... Two revolvers, one bullet each.... A duel. wink

By the way, you still haven't given any reason why you cherry-picked the (body) parts of your GOD (not capitalised for emphasis) and the functions of those parts. Since the GOD you described is anthropomorphic, it's goes without saying that the tongue you spoke about should be complete in all its functions i.e. speaking...making th sounds wink, tasting spiritual food, protecting the spiritual windpipe from spiritual food particles, etc.

No offense intended, I just don't understand your argument.

Cheers!
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Naital:

LMAO. So many insults in nearly all your posts.

Both of you (honourhim & MizJanet) appear to have a few things in common (one always casting aspersions on the other's viewpoints) except that you are both at opposing extremities of this philosophical debate.

I know something that can effectively resolve this impasse ... Two revolvers, one bullet each.... A duel. wink

By the way, you still haven't given any reason why you cherry-picked the (body) parts of your GOD (not capitalised for emphasis) and the functions of those parts. Since the GOD you described is anthropomorphic, it's goes without saying that the tongue you spoke about should be complete in all its functions i.e. speaking...making th sounds wink, tasting spiritual food, protecting the spiritual windpipe from spiritual food particles, etc.

No offense intended, I just don't understand your argument.

Cheers!

The bold is sure. You dont understand. Follow my argument with her and you will understand.

The challenge she gave me is that God has no tongue since he is a spirit. That the tongue is part of the flesh and thus God being a spirit does not have tongue. Read what she wrote that i should show her where the bible mentioned about God having tongue. I have done that to her shame. I also went on to tell her that God has eyes, mouth, ears, hands as mentioned in the bible too but these things are still part of our physical body.
The issue here is not whether God eats or not, she is the one that is stupidly using that to make mockery. The simple point i was making based on my argument with her is that someone's spirit is the same shape as him but in a non physical form which she was kicking against for whatever silly reason.
Note that my argument is based on the bible which she is also taking me up on and i will limit my argument there.
Again i said that its only the parts of our body mentioned in relation to God in the bible that i can only talk about The ones not mentioned in the bible i cant say because i dont know.
Her challenge is that i should show her where the bible mentioned about God's tongue and i ve shamed her.
I dont see anything wrong in God having eyes, mouth tongue ears, hand as mentioned in the bible but they want to make mockery of it out of their stupidity. I ve said it if they see the other parts they mentioned in their mockery written in the bible about God they should show me and once i'm convinced biblically i wont doubt it because God has the right to whatever is made up of his being. Nothing wrong about it. I cant tell him how he should be.
Forget about the insults. I argue with some atheists and other form of believers here without any insults because we respect each others point even when we dont agree. But when someone begins to approach discussion with an insane mind just to make mockery as she has severally displayed with the other fool here then you put them in the proper ground where they belong. Feel free to support them as your fellow atheists if you care to but i ve made my point.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by felixomor: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2016
oglalasioux:
Atheists are not scared of hell because hell doesn't exist. All atheists grew up with a mindset; that there is a heaven and hell. The fear atheists talk about is basically the shock of finding out that this age old story is actually a lie.

You talked about the people dead for thousands of years ago being raised up for judgment. My question is; is the judgment about the apple Adam and Eve ate or accepting Jesus Christ as lord and saviour? The christian stance of heaven and hell is predicated on accepting Jesus Christ to cancel out the Adamic sin. So my great grand father, who didn't say that 'lord Jesus' prayer, is going straight to hell. What a loving god. ame with the Muslims and countless other religions.

Come to think of hell. This whole thing started with Adam and Eve eating that forbidden apple. Why didn't an all knowing god know they will eat the apple?

Did I hear you say free will? Why didn't the all knowing god know the man will fail the free will test? Now for it's own incompetence hell is now prepared for 'sinners'. Crap.

I predict that by the year 2050, no educated person will even make references from that tales by moonlight book called the bible.

Hehehehe
grin

You predict that whaaart?

My ignorant bro, please go and study all the history of people who predicted that the bible will go out of fashion,

After They died, centuries and decades later, even their grandchildren and descendants became preachers of the goodnews of the bible.

If u like, continue to bury ur head in the sand.

Milleniums from now, after u don die, even ur descendants will be preaching the truth.

Hehehehe, "tales by moonlight" indeed.

Mscheww

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Jozzy4: 6:46am On Aug 29, 2016
honourhim:

Habakkuk 1:12 Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction. 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy TONGUE when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?..

Isaiah 30:27 Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his TONGUE as a devouring fire:

The bible told us that the eyes of God watches over us, his ear hears us, his hand upholds us. Now i ve shown you where it mentioned about his tongue to show you how foolish you are.
The other parts of our body that is not mentioned in relation to him we can't say because we dont know. Keep exhibiting your stupidlty.

I dont know why your foolishness tells you that he who gave us hand, eyes, ears, mouth cannot possess it. You said tongue is part of the flesh, is eyes, ears, mouth, hand possesed by God who is a spirit not part of the flesh ?
It is your stupidlty that makes you feel that the spirit cannot possess these parts in their spiritual body.

Am forced to comment on this point alone , No man even the bible writers have seen God at anytime , the scripture calls him THE INVISIBLE GOD ... So all this description is pure anthropomorphism not to be taken literal
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2016
Jozzy4:

Am forced to comment on this point alone , No man even the bible writers have seen God at anytime , the scripture calls him THE INVISIBLE GOD ... So all this description is pure anthropomorphism not to be taken literal
Yea. No man has seen God as the bible said but Jesus said that God is a spirit. The bible also said that man is made in God's image. I am not saying that we are exactly like God. The difference is there but you cant say that God does not have eyes or mouth or hand or ears as the bible said. The truth is that his eyes or earn or tongue etc will not be exactly like ours. . He is a glorious being that we can't describe how exactly he is that's why I base my point only on what the bible said about him. But our main argument is about spirits.
you can go thru my argument with that girl to know what led to this so that you can understand it well. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
MizJanet:

As human , you can't . but for an immaterial being its not needed, is your God human ?

You believe in this things so you should explain, and spirit according to Christianity is immaterial, that's why they ain't believed to have vagin*a or pen*is , talkless. Of tongue which your bible identifies as a Body part.

" the tongue is a small [size=28] part of the body, [/size] " says the Bible . cheesy

Going by this analogy of spirit as immaterial, that rules, out the tongue option grin

Unless , you want to tell me your god is a material being that will be interesting, then we can start from there

Atheists love what you are saying because you have one spirit.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jehovah witness is of this earth, sensual and devilish they cannot believe anything their unless it appeals to their senses
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2016
honourhim:

was busy and offline for days , thats why I didnt reply you

google did a bad job for you here , the interlinear of this verse reveal nothing like tongue appeared in this verse. you can check other Bible versions to see how they translate it .

New International Version
Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?

New Living Translation
But you are pure and cannot stand the sight of evil. Will you wink at their treachery? Should you be silent while the wicked swallow up people more righteous than they?

English Standard Version
You who are of purer eyes than to see evil and cannot look at wrong, why do you idly look at traitors and remain silent when the wicked swallows up the man more righteous than he?

New American Standard Bible
Your eyes are too pure to approve evil, And You can not look on wickedness with favor. Why do You look with favor On those who deal treacherously? Why are You silent when the wicked swallow up Those more righteous than they?

the reference here is to the underlined not the Lord himself . the NAME of the Lord has legs and it's coming from afar . the NAME of the Lord has lips and tongue . dont know how you reason .

he other parts of our body that is not mentioned in relation to him we can't say because we dont know. Keep exhibiting your stupidlty.

the bold got me laughing hahahahahaha . grin

do you know your god has feather too , according to the Bible ?

I see , it means your god drinks water too since the richman drinks water .
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Angelmikeal: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2016
[quote author=honourhim post=48775032]I have read several posts by atheists saying how they overcame the fear of hell fire and by so doing they conclude that no such thing as hell fire exists. Obviously they pick courage to make this claim on the background that the fear of hell fire is no more in them. Some christian organizations on their own took their message to a different level by agreeing that there is a lake of fire but that it will not burn eternally. Some others will tell you that God is so loving that he can burn people forever.

To the atheists, i want to let you know that overcoming the fear of something doesnt make that thing good or non existent.For example- A serial killer has overcome the fear of killing but that doesnt make killing good(anyway atheism preaches that any thing is good if we say its good). i stopped reading when i got to this point, being an atheist doesnt mean that you no longer have knowledge in what is good or bad it simply means no interest in any religion what so ever

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
Please do you have any factual proof that hell fire exists? And if you are going to reference the bible, please can you give factual proof supporting the areas of the bible that you quote.... if NOT then you don't know if hell fire exists, you just have faith/belief/hope that there is a place to burn all the people that don't subscribe to your idea.

The onus of proof is on you because you have made a bold claim... so you need to support it with evidence.

honourhim:
I have read several posts by atheists saying how they overcame the fear of hell fire and by so doing they conclude that no such thing as hell fire exists. Obviously they pick courage to make this claim on the background that the fear of hell fire is no more in them. Some christian organizations on their own took their message to a different level by agreeing that there is a lake of fire but that it will not burn eternally. Some others will tell you that God is so loving that he can burn people forever.

To the atheists, i want to let you know that overcoming the fear of something doesnt make that thing good or non existent.For example- A serial killer has overcome the fear of killing but that doesnt make killing good(anyway atheism preaches that any thing is good if we say its good). A prostitute has overcome the fear/shame of prostitution but that doesnt make it good. A thief/armed robber has overcome the fear of armed robbery but it is still bad. Overcoming the fear of these things does not mean that those who engage in them have escaped the consequences.
In the light of the above, it is obvious that to overcome the fear of hell fire does not mean that there is no more hell fire or that you wont end up there at last if you dont repent.You are only giving yourself a false hope which of course is temporary.

To the christians who preach the false message of no eternal torment, you are also giving yourself a false hope.You people are trying to paint a picture that will not be so scary to the unbelievers but the bible clearly stated it in various places that its an eternal punishment. Giving yourself false hope doesnt solve anything. God cannot raise billions of people up from the grave on the last day just for the purpose of judging and burning them off. Some of them died thousands upon thousands of years ago. Some died in a way that is more horrible way than just being burnt off by fire. If it was about wiping them out then they are already dead and gone so no point raising them up again. They are being raised up to come and face the eternal torment. It may sound painful and wicked to the unbelievers but thats the truth. Nobody is stopping anybody from being a believer.
For those who claim that a loving God cannot do that, pls remember that it is clearly written in the bible that God can love. He can hate. He is a God of vengeance. He is a consuming fire etc. The bible bears records of his acts that reflects these attributes so stop giving out false image of a loving God that cannot punish sinners.
Questions are welcome at this point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PROOF Muslim Religion Worshipers Worship Idols Instead Of God / Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 / Complete Biography of Pastor Stephanie Ike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.