Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (34016 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Paying A Major Part Of Joe Hart's Wages On Loan Is Right[/size]

Manchester City signed Claudio Bravo, the former Barcelona goalkeeper and Guardiola will make him the number one goalkeeper of Manchester City. This means Joe Hart will lose his place as the number one goalkeeper.

Joe Hart needs playing time if he will remain the number one goalkeeper of the English National Team. Joe Hart needs to go on loan to a club where he will start regularly.

Reports say Joe Hart might go on loan to Sunderland after their goalkeeper, Vito Mannone injured.

Before the arrival of Claudio Bravo, Joe Hart did not start the previous Premier League matches since Guardiola took the managerial role of Manchester City. He fell out of favor with the new boss because Joe Hart is not a good passer of the ball. Guardiola dropped Joe Hart for a 34 years old Willy Caballero.

Claudio Bravo joining Manchester City meant Joe Hart was a third choice goalkeeper. This is not ideal for the number one goalkeeper of England.

Hart could leave Etihad on loan before the transfer window deadline. A news that faithful Cityzens will find heart breaking. Joe Hart served the club faithfully and he became a hero of the club. It will prove difficult to watch Joe Hart playing for another club.

The Mirror reports that Manchester City are willing to pay most of the wages of Joe Hart if he goes on loan. The English goalkeeper earns £120,000 weekly. If Joe Hart goes on loan to Sunderland, the Cityzens are willing to pay Joe Hart £90,000 weekly, which is 75% of his weekly wages.

Manchester City paying 75% wages of Joe Hart's shows that the club respects the icon who served us faithfully. He was the one who made many saves that kept us on course to win titles.

During Manchester City's second leg playoff match against Steaua Bucharest, the fans showed they appreciated the services of Joe Hart by chanting that they want him to stay.

Joe Hart's emotional good-bye showed his love for the club. Joe Hart does not want to leave us. He wants to stay and play. Paying most of his wages shows that we are showing we are with him in this emotional time.

Joe Hart is still a Manchester City player even if he goes on loan. We should continue treating him as one of us.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/paying-major-part-of-joe-hart-wages-on.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Shaqiri Should Move On From His Time With Guardiola[/size]

Xheridan Shaqiri, former Bayern Munich and Inter Milan player, criticised Pep Guardiola of not communicating well with his players. Shaqiri did not get enough playing time and left Bayern Munich.

Guardiola responded to the criticism as the complaint of a player who did not get playing time. Guardiola believed that players are okay with coaches who play them but complain if coaches do not play them.

Guardiola told reporters ahead of Manchester City's Sunday match against West Ham United that, the only reason Shaqiri spoke against him was because he did not start Shaqiri regularly.

Shaqiri should understand that coaching is difficult and selecting players to start makes the job harder. Every player can not start and sometimes, a player feels he is doing well in training but the coach wants something different for the match.

Xheridan Shaqiri is a talented footballer but getting regular playing time at Bayern Munich was hard because of the top players at Bayern.

Shaqiri should accept the coach's decisions to drop him and look for ways to improve himself as a player.

Criticising the coach because of playing time is not the right way to go. I think it is time for Shaqiri to move on from his time at Bayern Munich. Guardiola is not his boss and the Stoke City Fans expect more from Shaqiri.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/shaqiri-should-move-on-from-his-time.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]John Stones Devotion And Character Made His Blessings[/size]

John Stones wanted to play in the Champions League and become a top player but his move to Chelsea crashed. Everton FC, the club Stones played for last season, turned down a £40 million mega bid from Chelsea to hold on to their star player.

Manchester City secured the services of the English defender in a £47.5 million deal.

John Stones likes where he is now and he is grateful to sign with Manchester City.

The Mirror reports that John Stones considers Everton turning down the Chelsea deal a blessing in disguise. He is over the moon at Manchester City and learning from Pep Guardiola.

John Stones showed great character when he sucked in the disappointment. He continued training and playing hard. His devotion improved him as a player, helped Everton and attracted the eyes of the best manager in football today, Pep Guardiola.

John Stones devotion and character made his blessing.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/john-stones-devotion-and-character-made.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Deserves Credit For Sterling's Resurgence[/size]

Last season, Raheem Sterling was not the player Manchester City thought they secured. His efforts were erratic and it seemed securing his services was a mistake. At the European Championship, Raheem Sterling was also out of form and got a lot of criticism from pundits and fans.

This season, Raheem Sterling is operating on a level of a top player. His devotion and dedication in each game earned him praises. It seemed Guardiola had the special touch to bring out the best of the English young player.

Guardiola disagreed he did anything special and explained that Raheem Sterling needed love and support.

Speaking to reporters before the West Ham United match on Sunday, Guardiola said,

“But Raz [Sterling] is showing his quality because, maybe last season, he played one weekend and then didn’t play the next. When a player isn’t playing he feels, ‘The coach doesn’t love me.’ When a player doesn’t feel loved, then it is difficult for them."

Nice seeing Raheem Sterling playing better. It is a dramatic improvement. Guardiola might not want to take credit but I think he deserves most of the credit for Raheem Sterling's resurgence.

Pellegrini played Raheem Sterling as a winger in most games and it seemed playing wide did not suit him.

Even though Raheem Sterling plays wide for Guardiola, he plays more as an attacking winger (Wing Forward) than a wide winger. He runs towards the opponent's goal and this gives Raheem Sterling the chance to cause devastating effects on the opponents.

Last season, Sterling had a lot of work to do to get into the striking area and his role was complex. Pep Guardiola reduced Sterling's role to just running at opponents and creating chances for his team mates.

Guardiola might not count these but he simplified Sterling's role in the squad and it has worked wonders in Sterling.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/guardiola-deserves-credit-for-sterling.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Aguero Focused On Winning Titles Than Individual Honors[/size]

Sergio Aguero begun this season with a bang. He scored three goals in the English Premier League in his first two games. We hope he continues his brilliant run of goals.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic signed for Manchester United this season and he also scored three goals so far this season. Sergio Aguero and Ibrahimovic are the joint top Scorers of the English Premier League so far.

Many see this season as a competition between these two World class strikers but Aguero disagreed with this. He claimed his is not competing with Zlatan Ibrahimovic but competes with himself. He wants to improve every season and works hard to achieve that.

Aguero told Sky Sports that, "Ibrahimovic and I have started the season in great shape, both scoring goals. But, I’m not thinking about competing with him. I compete against myself. I try to improve myself from the season before."

Aguero revealed that he wants to win titles for Manchester City and getting honors is not his main goal.

“My goal here at Manchester City every year is to win trophies. The main goal in terms of trophies is to do well in the Champions League, then the Premier League and the rest of the trophies."

It takes passion, respect and love for a team to keep up a world-class form. Personal challenges can not carry a player as far as one who wants to do big things with his team mates. These carried Aguero far and helped Manchester City win trophies. We hope his passion and devotion lead us to more titles.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/aguero-focused-on-winning-titles-than.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Nothing Is Decided At The Beginning[/size]

Aguero pointed out that even though we won our first two games in the English Premier League, we should not let the early results distract us from working hard.

This season, Manchester City and Manchester United strengthened their squad by signing quality players.

The early results have many tipping the Manchester clubs to battle for the English Premier League title but Aguero feels it is too early to talk about that.

Aguero explained that last season, most people expected the top clubs to win the title but it did not turn out that way.

“In the Premier League, any team can be your rival,” said Aguero. “Last season we expected other teams to be on top: Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal… and in the end it was Leicester City who won."

Manchester United secured the services of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Pogba. Pogba joined Manchester United for a world record fee. Manchester City signed Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, John Stones and Gabriel Jesus.

Even after these signings, Leicester City showed that hard work and determination goes a long way in securing titles. We need to take this season a game at a time.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/nothing-is-decided-at-beginning.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Bony Joining West Ham On Loan Could Help Them Deal With Their Injuries[/size]

Wilfried Bony joined Manchester City with high expectations. He joined for a fee of £25 million. Despite his efforts to make an impact at the club, injuries hampered his time at Manchester City.

Guardiola did not play Bony in any of the English Premier League games this season and Bony was not part of the Europa League playoff games.

It seems his time at Manchester City is coming to an end. Reports stated that Bony is on his way to a club in the Chinese Super League but that will happen in January.

At the moment, West Ham United is dealing with injuries to key players and they are looking for a way to keep the squad doing well in the league until their injured players return.

West Ham United secured the services of Juventus striker Simone Zaza but they need more players to deal with the injuries.

West Ham might turn to Bony who is out of favor at the Etihad and secure him on a short-term loan.

Bony is good enough to help West Ham United in this trying time.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/bony-joining-west-ham-on-loan-could.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
I think sunderland is too low for joe hart, I would have prefer merseyside club. Black cat is too low for his standard or better still he should go out of england. I heard sevilla or one of the spanish club also want him for loan.even by going to spain he can improve himself in the passing style that pep wants. But I don't knw the problem of english players, they don't go out of england, that's one of the reasons their national team can't improve.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Manuel Pellegrini On His Way To China[/size]

Manuel Pellegrini joined Manchester City after a trophy barren campaign. Roberto Mancini who guided Manchester City to win the FA Cup and English Premier League lost his place to Pellegrini.

Pellegrini's first season ended with Manchester City getting into the group stage of the Champions League for the first time. We won the Capital One League Cup and the English Premier League that season.

Last season, Pellegrini guided us to the Semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. The best the club achieved in Europe.

This was not enough for the brilliant tactician to keep his job at Manchester City. Midway last season, the Executives of Manchester City announced that was Pellegrini's last season and Guardiola would take over this summer.

Pellegrini left his post and Manchester City landed Guardiola, a long coaching target of the club.

Chinese Super League team Hebei China Fortune, announced the former Manchester City manager as the manager of their club.

We wish the Chilean Tactician a nice time in China and his services at Manchester City will live in our memories.

Thank You Manuel Pellegrini.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/manuel-pellegrini-on-his-way-to-china.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[b][color=#000099][size=14pt]http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/manuel-pellegrini-on-his-way-to-china.html?m=0
Thank you manuel pellegrini
You are a charming and cool man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
justicejay:
I think sunderland is too low for joe hart, I would have prefer merseyside club. Black cat is too low for his standard or better still he should go out of england. I heard sevilla or one of the spanish club also want him for loan.even by going to spain he can improve himself in the passing style that pep wants. But I don't knw the problem of english players, they don't go out of england, that's one of the reasons their national team can't improve.

That Sevilla deal would have been perfect for Joe Hart. The current Boss of Sevilla, Jorge Sampaoli, is the former Boss of Chile.

He plays the pressing pattern similar to Guardiola, has a similar philosophy to Guardiola and Guardiola respects Sampaoli's Boss and mentor, Marcelo Bielsa. Bielsa is the former Coach of Bilbao. A coach Guardiola described as the best coach in the World.

That deal or the Dortmund deal would have worked. Dortmund also plays a similar pressing passing style.

Joe Hart does not want to leave England. He wants playing time.

Joe Hart became popular after he played for a low rated Birmingham. It was there Mancini knew how important Joe Hart was to the team.

Maybe another low rated team will propel Joe again. At Sunderland, he will play under pressure and get to show his reflexes. His saves will attract a top club like Liverpool or Manchester United to go for him if De Gea is leaving for Real Madrid.

I would prefer Joe Hart to work on reclaiming his spot at City. A club with Similar style to Guardiola would suit him.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RAKITIC: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
Sterling has been the most improved player since the arrival of Pep Guardiola
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That Sevilla deal would have been perfect for Joe Hart. The current Boss of Sevilla, Jorge Sampaoli, is the former Boss of Chile.

He plays the pressing pattern similar to Guardiola, has a similar philosophy to Guardiola and Guardiola respects Sampaoli's Boss and mentor, Marcelo Bielsa. Bielsa is the former Coach of Bilbao. A coach Guardiola described as the best coach in the World.

That deal or the Dortmund deal would have worked. Dortmund also plays a similar pressing passing style.

Joe Hart does not want to leave England. He wants playing time.

Joe Hart became popular after he played for a low rated Birmingham. It was there Mancini knew how important Joe Hart was to the team.

Maybe another low rated team will propel Joe again. At Sunderland, he will play under pressure and get to show his reflexes. His saves will attract a top club like Liverpool or Manchester United to go for him if De Gea is leaving for Real Madrid.

I would prefer Joe Hart to work on reclaiming his spot at City. A club with Similar style to Guardiola would suit him.
Ok but as I see it...staying in england doesn't improve english players
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
RAKITIC:
Sterling has been the most improved player since the arrival of Pep Guardiola
Like seriously, so flexible and as fast as flash. He has shut down d football fans booing him
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
City are playing some fine football now. But have to work on that defence though, Fernandino can easily get overworked covering it!
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
Fine football..real football, pep is getting everything all right in ethiad except the goalie.
Hart would av dust that goal scored against us.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
justicejay:

Ok but as I see it...staying in england doesn't improve english players

I agree. Most English players live and play for glory than improving as a footballer. At Sevilla, Joe Hart will improve. I do not know if he is after being The English number one or if he wants to become the best keeper around.

Guardiola believes Joe Hart can increase his distribution rate. Which will improve Joe Hart. I think Joe Hart wants the praises.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
RuuDie:
City are playing some fine football now. But have to work on that defence though, Fernandino can easily get overworked covering it!

I agree with you but I think it is a case of the players adjusting to the system. Sergio Busquets excelled as a defensive midfielder at Barcelona. He is not as fast and hard working as Fernandinho. He also does not have the stamina of Fernandinho.

What Busquets did was to make sure he was close to where the ball headed. All he had to do was intercept.

Also, we looked balanced when Fernando came on.

The more the players play this system, the better and balanced they become.

I see them playing with less labor.

The football was fantastic.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
justicejay:
Fine football..real football, pep is getting everything all right in ethiad except the goalie.
Hart would av dust that goal scored against us.

Yes. I agree Hart would read a situation like that better than Willy. However the goal came when we took our foot off the gas.

If we controlled the game better in the middle part of the second half, we would not be in such situation.

Also, Stones injured his eye before the cross came in. I think it also affected the concentration of the defence.

Next match, we will have Claudio Bravo in goal. A keeper with more playing experience than both. I think with Bravo we will have more cover

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]Aguero Should Not Repeat His Violent Conduct[/size]

Aguero is one of the heroes of Manchester City. We are grateful that he helped us succeed and win titles since the take over by Sheikh Mansour.

His goal against QPR in 2012 helped us win the English League title after 44 years. A goal that is fresh in the minds of many Cityzens.

Aguero contributed a lot and he is a key player in the team. A player we need on the pitch in important games.

Unfortunately, in Manchester City's 3-1 win against West Ham United, Aguero left a sour taste after the delicious victory. He made an impulse reaction and elbowed Winston Reid. An action that should not happen.

Aguero made a similar impulse reaction and stamped on David Luiz, when David Luiz was at Chelsea. This was in the FA Cup Semi final game between Manchester City and Chelsea.

Aguero escaped punishment that time but he might not escape this time.

An important match for Manchester City comes up on September 10, the first Manchester Derby this season.

We need our key players in this kind of games. The if Aguero gets a three match ban, then we will not play that match with a key player who can help us win.

Aguero should think of the consequences of his actions before he makes such decisions. The team pays for his careless acts.

Let us hope we cope without our legend and hope Aguero learns from this incident.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/aguero-should-not-repeat-his-violent.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]Claudio Bravo Will Not Play Chile's Next Two Games[/size]

Claudio Bravo made a move from Barcelona to Manchester City this season. Guardiola might start him in the anticipated Manchester Derby on September 10, 2016.

The experienced Chilean Goalkeeper is the captain of the National Team. Chile has two qualifying games coming up in the first week of September against Paraguay and Bolivia.

The head coach of the Chilean National Team will have to cope without the services of Claudio Bravo after the new Manchester City signing pulled out of the matches due to personal reasons.

Guardiola respects Claudio Bravo because of his quickness off his line to help the defence and his ball distribution skills which helps build attacks.

Joe Hart is yet to start a game this season after Guardiola picked Willy Caballero over him. Willy Caballero will also lose his place in the team because Claudio Bravo will become the number one goalkeeper of Manchester City after his move from Barcelona.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/claudio-bravo-will-not-play-chile-next.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33am On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]Manchester Derby Will Not Decide Who Wins The League[/size]

Big games like the anticipated Manchester City Derby creates excitement and thrills which makes the English Premier League the most exciting League in the world.

Millions of viewers all over the world wait for this kind of games. These games give bragging rights to fans and makes fans see how strong their squad is.

Despite the excitement about this game, it will not decide who wins the title. People feel big games help win the titles but the other games are as important as these big games.

Luke Shaw told Manchester United’s official website that Matches like the Manchester Derby help teams win Championship.

If a team wins a big game like the Derby and goes on to lose small games, the team loses points.

Every game has equal number of points to share. Whether it is a big or a small game. What is important is winning your games. Whether big or small.

The Manchester Derby Will come with excitement because of the renewed rivalry between Mourinho and Guardiola.

We expected a battle between Aguero and Ibrahimovic but the Argentine might miss the game after a violent conduct in the game against West Ham United.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/manchester-derby-will-not-decide-who.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]Aguero Is Not The Only Reason Manchester City Is On Top The Table[/size]

Aguero is one of the top scorers so far in the English Premier League this season. The striker's technique on the ball, work rate which helps the team when he presses the defenders of the opponent when we do not have the ball. His goal conversion rate is high and his taste for brilliant goals leave the fans with delightful memories after the game.

The forward is not the only important player in the side. Just as we saw in the game against West Ham. When Aguero did not score, Raheem Sterling scored two goals to hand us the win.

We also have quality attackers that can help us cope without Aguero’s presence.

Nolito, one of the players Guardiola signed this season showed his quality in front of goal when he scored two goals in Manchester City's 4-1 win of Stoke City.

We also have midfielders who can help in attack. Kevin De Bruyne who played in that role last season in some games for Pellegrini. In the match against West Ham United, Nasri slotted in the attacking role and caused problems for West Ham United’s defence.

There is also the young prolific natural goal scorer. Kelechi Iheanacho. A player Khaldoon Mubarak, the chairman of Manchester City said, he had a remarkable goal to minute ratio, comparable to any important player.

Aguero made great impact on the club and we expect more from him. We have players who can help us in our title race when we are without the brilliant, heroic attacker, Sergio Aguero.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/aguero-is-not-only-reason-manchester.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]Nasri Should Stay And Help Manchester City Achieve Its Dreams[/size]

Manchester City Fans received a shocking news that Samir Nasri was overweight. He did not take part in any of the matches Manchester City played before the match against West Ham United.

It seemed that was the end of the French midfielder's career at the Etihad.

That changed in the 75th minute of the Manchester City vs West Ham game. Samir Nasri stood at the touch-line when Guardiola replaced Nolito with Nasri.

Nasri's entrance drew applause from Manchester City Fans as they welcomed their French Hero back into the team.

Nasri performed brilliantly. With brilliant passes, penetrative runs, shots and interceptions.

He created a chance and made an impressive 91% pass completion ratio.

It looked nice seeing the French man performing in the team and he looked in shape. Inspiring story for those who feel it is over when people give up on them.

In the post match conference, Guardiola put the decision to continue as a player at Manchester City in the hands of Samir Nasri.

Guardiola said Nasri can stay. He explained that when Nasri arrived, he was overweight but after seven to ten days at the Etihad, it was fantastic how Nasri trained. Guardiola expressed that Nasri's quality is on another level. It depended on Nasri if he wants to help us. If Nasri stays, he can take part in something special.

Something special is going on at Manchester City. Nasri showed against West Ham United he can help us progress.

The system Guardiola plays suits Nasri and working with Guardiola will keep Nasri focused on becoming better.

This is a good opportunity for Nasri to do something great. Staying will benefit him in the long run. I hope our French Hero, Samir Nasri stays.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/nasri-should-stay-and-help-manchester.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hart said he wanna go on a season loan to torino italy
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
justicejay:
Hart said he wanna go on a season loan to torino italy

Nice move. He will work with Mijhalovic, Mancini's assistant at Inter Milan. The man is a brilliant manager and he is on his way to achieve big things with Torino.

There is a bright attacker there, Baselli who scored four goals last weekend. I think Joe Hart will have a good time there.

My problem is Joe Hart might not learn to play as a sweeper Goal Keeper. Although Mijhalovic plays an exciting brand of attacking football.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]Exciting Midfielder Rejected A Move To Manchester City[/size]

Manchester City wanted the services of the exciting young Croatian Midfielder Ante Coric. Coric is one of the promising young footballers in the World today. He attracted interests from clubs like Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Manchester City negotiated with the club of Coric, Dinamo Zagreb. Coric is a player valued at about £12 million. Manchester City valued him high and placed a bid of £15 million, beating off any interest from competitors.

When Dinamo Zagreb accepted the Bid, it seemed the exciting young talent was on his way to the Etihad.

However, Ante Coric turned down the deal after he heard of the plan to send him on loan after signing him.

Coric is young and promising. There was a chance he would make the squad list since he is 19 years old. The English rules allow an unlimited number of Under 21 players in the squad list.

Manchester City has a star-studded midfield with the likes of David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure. Finding space for Coric would prove difficult for Guardiola.

Mirror reports that Liverpool are now the favorites to land the services of Coric and I wish the young man a great future.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/exciting-midfielder-rejected-move-to.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Nice move. He will work with Mijhalovic, Mancini's assistant at Inter Milan. The man is a brilliant manager and he is on his way to achieve big things with Torino.

There is a bright attacker there, Baselli who scored four goals last weekend. I think Joe Hart will have a good time there.

My problem is Joe Hart might not learn to play as a sweeper Goal Keeper. Although Mijhalovic plays an exciting brand of attacking football.
I feel like the move will later be permanent

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[size=14pt]Exciting Midfielder Rejected A Move To Manchester City[/size]

Manchester City wanted the services of the exciting young Croatian Midfielder Ante Coric. Coric is one of the promising young footballers in the World today. He attracted interests from clubs like Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Manchester City negotiated with the club of Coric, Dinamo Zagreb. Coric is a player valued at about £12 million. Manchester City valued him high and placed a bid of £15 million, beating off any interest from competitors.

When Dinamo Zagreb accepted the Bid, it seemed the exciting young talent was on his way to the Etihad.

However, Ante Coric turned down the deal after he heard of the plan to send him on loan after signing him.

Coric is young and promising. There was a chance he would make the squad list since he is 19 years old. The English rules allow an unlimited number of Under 21 players in the squad list.

Manchester City has a star-studded midfield with the likes of David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure. Finding space for Coric would prove difficult for Guardiola.

Mirror reports that Liverpool are now the favorites to land the services of Coric and I wish the young man a great future.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/exciting-midfielder-rejected-move-to.html?m=0
Lolx, why canceling the deal? So he thought he will be among the etihad squad?...he is funny. He will even rust on bench cos we have even more talented player of his age in the team who will stil play ahead of him

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13am On Aug 30, 2016
[size=14pt]Thanks To Pep For Improving Raheem Sterling[/size]

Raheem Sterling had a tough time last season. He did not put in the kind of displays expected for a player who Manchester City spent a lot of money to sign.

This season under Guardiola, Raheem Sterling Improved and he praised his new boss massive help in improving him.

Raheem Sterling continued his fine form against West Ham United. He was brilliant in the game, making fine runs down the flanks. Raheem Sterling was a nuisance to the West Ham defenders and he capped his fine performance with a brace. The match ended 3-1 in favor of Manchester City.

The Mirror reports that Sterling said the former Barcelona Boss was key in his improved form.

Raheem Sterling said, “He knows how to get the best out of his players and he’s been a massive help. And not just for me, but the other players as well, the whole team."

It is important for managers to find a way to keep the players happy. This is something Guardiola did with the players. His system requires the to players work hard when they are not with the ball. If the players are not happy, they will not work hard for the manager.

Guardiola also keeps the players on the bench happy. We saw this when Iheanacho and Nolito came into the game against Stoke City. Both players played well, with Iheanacho having an assist and Nolito scoring two goals.

We can see the hunger and the passion in the players. In the West Ham game, the players fought and ran towards the end until we scored the third goal. A goal which delighted to manager. That shows how the players are responding to Guardiola's belief in them.

Sterling came under criticism for his poor show in the Euro 2016. Some feel his improved performance is his desire to prove his critics wrong. Sterling disagreed with this. He explained he is working hard to improve as a player and planned to impress the manager.

He added: "I didn't come into the season thinking 'I want to show everyone’, but rather just to concentrate on my football, that's the most important thing.
"People will talk and stuff like that, but the most important thing for me was to come in and do well under the new manager and impress here. I knew if I kept working hard, I would get my chances."

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/thanks-to-pep-for-improving-raheem.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
[size=14pt]Ter Stergen Proves Guardiola's Point With More Passes Than Sanchez and De Bruyne[/size]

With Joe Hart on his way out, we expect to watch Bravo closely and understand the impact of a ball playing goalkeeper.

We celebrate saves and blocks when we talk of top quality goalkeepers in the English Premier League but it will change when Bravo makes his start for Manchester City.

Ter Stergen was in goal for Barcelona over the weekend and he broke the La Liga pass record for goalkeepers with an astonishing 51 passes.

If you compare the number of passes the goalkeeper completed with that of top players in the English Premier League, you will understand the size of his brilliance.

Kevin De Bruyne competed 49 passes against West Ham last weekend while Alexis Sanchez made 39 passes.

This shows how crucial the ball playing goalkeepers are to the possession-heavy style Guardiola wants.

Guardiola does not want a keeper with good reflexes who pull off brilliant saves. He wants a complete footballer who is also a good keeper.

Let us hope Bravo brings similar brilliance to the Etihad.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/ter-stergen-proves-guardiola-point-with.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
[size=14pt]Denayer Can Have A Future At Manchester City[/size]

Jason Denayer hopes he secures a loan deal before the transfer window closes. Guardiola left out the young Belgian in the five games Manchester City played this season and a loan move can get him playing time.

Manchester Evening News reported that Sunderland and Galatasaray showed interest in taking him on loan.

Manchester City are looking at the loan offers from those club and Denayer could leave before the transfer window closes. Manchester City gave Denayer's representative a chance to talk with the clubs.

Denayer expected to break into Manchester City's squad this season after he got assurances that he was part of Guardiola's plan. This is frustrating to the 21 years old defender because he turned down offers earlier in the transfer window.

It also frustrates the young player when he sees Alexander Kolarov, a make shift defender playing as a Center Back for Guardiola.
Denayer is not ruling a permanent switch but the young defender prefers a loan move.

Denayer is down the pecking order after Guardiola gave Tosin Adarabioyo playing time during the preseason. Guardiola expressed his delight in watching Tosin play. Kompany and Otamendi are also ahead of Denayer.

Denayer should not give up his dream of becoming a Manchester City defender. The competition at the Etihad is tough but Denayer is a talented player.

I hope he learnt what Guardiola wants his defenders to bring to the team and Denayer should work hard to get it right. He can improve himself and when he returns next season, Guardiola can give him a chance.

It seemed Samir Nasri lost his place in the team. His hard work and perseverance brought Nasri back into the team.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/08/denayer-can-have-future-at-manchester.html?m=0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Pele Reportedly Moved To End-of-life Care / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 14th April 2019 / The Best FIFA Awards: Revealed Who Ronaldo & Messi Voted For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.