Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (33816 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 10:02am On Aug 14, 2017
Nashoji:
laughable, you want to judge man united when they play teams like real madrid but you are over the the moon cuz man city played and won those clueless new weeping boys. I really saw how potent their midfielders and strikers were and how big a threat they to man city. People can confuse at times. Mtcheeeeew.

I would give you a pass because my post may have been ambiguous to you.

What I meant is, until United play a team with a midfield that can create things even remotely, what you observed against West Ham was false. That same United midfield that appeared so dominant got swallowed up by RM without much fuss. Madrid played like they had many gears to get to.

As per Man City, the performance against Brighton was good because Brighton played 11 men behind the ball all game and they were home. Such games last season, City drew. City vs Stoke comes to mind.

I did not say that United were not improved- in fact I said they exactly are, but that anyone who thinks judging them after playing a hopeless, clueless and creativeless West Ham is as clueless as West Ham were yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Aguero is big fool!

angry
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by seunny4lif(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Rooney grin grin grin
Goooooaaaaaaaallll
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Roland17(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Rooney gives Everton the lead. Aguero's play can be frustrating sometimes..
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by raumdeuter: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
Aguero he he he.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
This City team is weird.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
If you didn’t know that Pep was their coach, you’d never say that this is a Guradioal team just by watching them. No control in the middle and Pep keeps piling on wingers/ attacking kids.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
De Bruyne could have just shot at goal. Why trying to pass!?
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
Finishing. Finishing. Just bury the few chances na!

angry
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
raumdeuter:
Aguero he he he.

The guy is just fvcking annoying!
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by seunny4lif(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nice shots though. Sir Alex, Mourinho, Gareth Southgate. It is a good match to watch no doubt!
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
I don't get KDB. Can't he shoot? angry angry angry
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Sterling!

grin
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Good job Cityzens!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
Fantastic game from the lads but very impressive response from Guardiola. Made the right changes early and boy the players gave it a go.

Big shout out to Danilo. That guy was the bomb. He bombarded that flank repeatedly and his shot was brilliant. Bernardo Silva gave us a taste of what to expect from him this season. Aguero and Gabby needs to take more shots earlier.

Congrats Cityzens. Even if it was a draw, it felt like a win.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Aguero is not the player he used to be. He is hesitant, indecisive and imprecise these days.

Marcus Sané needs to be benched for a bit. He is now complacent. He messed up passes, did not close down and was absent-minded for the most part.

City need to convert chances and shoot more. They can't repeat last season's mistakes. I am confident they will though. CFC conceded 3 goals after going a man down to Burnley. I wonder why anyone would get ärsed if City outplay an Everton team that were 1 more than them and only draw - it was a good point.

It is a long season and Everton FC are going to push for top 6. I think City need Alexis or another finisher. Aguero would need 5 chances to score 1.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Eruditor:
Aguero is not the player he used to be. He is hesitant, indecisive and imprecise these days.

Marcus Sané needs to be benched for a bit. He is now complacent. He messed up passes, did not close down and was absent-minded for the most part.

City need to convert chances and shoot more. They can't repeat last season's mistakes. I am confident they will though. CFC conceded 3 goals after going a man down to Burnley. I wonder why anyone would get ärsed if City outplay an Everton team that were 1 more than them and only draw - it was a good point.

It is a long season and Everton FC are going to push for top 6. I think City need Alexis or another finisher. Aguero would need 5 chances to score 1.

I still think letting Nacho go was a mistake. We needed someone who can convert chances and it has plagued us since last season. However, Pep has his vision for the team.

I think Bernardo Silva needs to take over Sane's wing and let Danilo run the right. They bring more confidence and spontaneous movement to the team. Attracting players and creating room for the central player.

We also need to sign young mobile central defenders. We lack pace at the back.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I still think letting Nacho go was a mistake. We needed someone who can convert chances and it has plagued us since last season. However, Pep has his vision for the team.

I think Bernardo Silva needs to take over Sane's wing and let Danilo run the right. They bring more confidence and spontaneous movement to the team. Attracting players and creating room for the central player.

We also need to sign young mobile central defenders. We lack pace at the back.

Nacho was down the pecking order behind Sergio and Gab. He needed a consistent run of games which City could not provide for him. I think Pep believed in him and let him go but if he was on loan Leicester would not have played him frequently.

City put a buy-back clause because they believe in him and Nacho said so in his farewell speech.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Eruditor:

Nacho was down the pecking order behind Sergio and Gab. He needed a consistent run of games which City could not provide for him. I think Pep believed in him and let him go but if he was on loan Leicester would not have played him frequently.

City put a buy-back clause because they believe in him and Nacho said so in his farewell speech.

Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info and good night.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 2:09am On Aug 22, 2017
This team needs one 'big' striker and I mean this in a literal, physical sense!
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2017
AGUERO MATTER TIRE ME OOII..... KELVIN SHOULD SHOT MORE HE IS ALWAYS PASSING TOO MUCH. GABRIEL AND AGUERO CANT PLAY UP FRONT TOGETHER. BERNARDO SILVA SHOULD NOT BE ON D BENCH EVER AGAIN.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
I think the team just needs to shoot more.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2017
Kyle Walker red card: Man City star should not have been sent off v Everton - Gary Neville

Walker received two yellow cards in the space of three minutes in the first half of the game at the Etihad.

He was making his home debut for Manchester City after his £50million summer move from Tottenham.

The right-back was booked for a foul on Leighton Baines and shortly after received his marching orders from referee Bobby Madley for clashing with Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Walker and manager Pep Guardiola felt aggrieved at the decision and made their feelings clear to fourth official Michael Oliver.

And Manchester United legend Neville feels they were right to be angry at the decision, saying on Sky Sports: “He’s got a great view of it, he has a little look at him Kyle Walker.

"I think the referee must think he elbowed him, he must think he’s raised his elbow, he must think he’s made contact with him.

"The reality is, he hasn’t.

"I’ll slow it right down, he has a little look Kyle Walker, which I think might go against him.

"He’s backing into him, the amount of times I did this as a full-back, you try and use your body to establish your position.

"Calvert-Lewin’s gone down, he’s been clever, he’s been effective in the first half.

"He’s held his head and that’s what I think conned the referee.

"You could say it’s clever from Calvert-Lewin, you could say it’s cute. Personally, it’s a soft second yellow."

At the time of the incident, Everton were winning 1-0 thanks to Wayne Rooney's 200th Premier League goal.

Substitute Raheem Sterling equalised for the hosts inside the final 10 minutes of the game, with it ending 1-1 after Morgan Schneiderlin also got sent off for Everton.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/844135/Kyle-Walker-red-card-Man-City-sent-off-Everton
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2017
MNF duo agree on Schneiderlin red

Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville look at Morgan Schneiderlin’s two yellow cards for Everton in the 1-1 draw with Manchester City and claim it’s a deserved red card.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10999900/mnf-duo-agree-on-schneiderlin-red
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Frankdamaxx(m): 4:48am On Sep 13, 2017
No one here talked about the beating of Liverpool 5-0. Are their really Fans here? Come on guys.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2017
I wouldn't mind Pep playing Mangala for this one. We know how good he can be in a one on one vs big strong forewards. There's one in the Watford line-up that caused Liverpool a lot of problems. Not that great an achievement but still. Than again I expect Danila to be in the line up somewhere and I doubt Pep wants to mess up the back line too much. It'll be interesting to see how we fare after a CL game and two great results on the trott. Expect a tough typical PL away game with dubious refereeing decisions. And three points.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2017
Key word: Dubious refereeing decisions.

City has suffered those under Pep it is crazy.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
Eruditor:
Key word: Dubious refereeing decisions.

City has suffered those under Pep it is crazy.

I
Conspiracy theory?
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
cheesy

Schooling Watford..
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2017
I just hope they haven't peaked so early.

Aguero is so improved. His all-round play is encouraging.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 3) On 1st April 2018 / Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live / Chelsea Vs Swansea (4 - 2) On 13th September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.