Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (33994 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2016
Its been a while here.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
justicejay:
Its been a while here.

I a so tied up but I am going to start soon to keep this thread alive.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I a so tied up but I am going to start soon to keep this thread alive.
Aiit bro. More strength to your typing finger, more knowledge to ur brain.

Ve been off too due to ban.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2016
Happy birthday in arrears TheGoodJoe. Sorry it came late. Wasn't online yesterday but I believe it better late that never.
So I wish you the goods thing on earth and more successful years ahead. Age with grace bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
That's a fucking awfull performance. Far from what I expect. Eager to hear from pep

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
justicejay:
That's a fucking awfull performance.
Far from what I expect.
Eager to hear from pep

Missed the game. So, I can not make much contribution.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:50am On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Missed the game. So, I can not make much contribution.
What you missed it?
It was a disappointing performance. Still unable to convert our chances to goal. We have the opportunity to go ahead with 2-3 goals but Kun and kevin blew it up. Even kevin smashed a 2yards from empty net on the goal post bar.
And Anthony taylor also rub salt on our wound, luiz Fouled Aguero when he is the last man, but not
even a yellow.. Tripped Gundogan from the back in
the D-box, but not a penalty.. Navas tripped
inside the D-box later, not a penalty again..
Chabaloah, pushed Aguero first, but only Aguero
has been sent off.. Fabregas slapped Fernandinho first, but only Fernandinho got sent off.. So many
hand balls went unnoticed.. How can all the
decisions go only against us in a single match!!!!
Despite all this, we would have clearly won the
game, had we converted the chances...
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2016
And about chelsea goals, it was all Bravo faults, Gunn will save all chelsea goals.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2016
justicejay:

What you missed it?
It was a disappointing performance. Still unable to convert our chances to goal. We have the opportunity to go ahead with 2-3 goals but Kun and kevin blew it up. Even kevin smashed a 2yards from empty net on the goal post bar.
And Anthony taylor also rub salt on our wound, luiz Fouled Aguero when he is the last man, but not
even a yellow.. Tripped Gundogan from the back in
the D-box, but not a penalty.. Navas tripped
inside the D-box later, not a penalty again..
Chabaloah, pushed Aguero first, but only Aguero
has been sent off.. Fabregas slapped Fernandinho first, but only Fernandinho got sent off.. So many
hand balls went unnoticed.. How can all the
decisions go only against us in a single match!!!!
Despite all this, we would have clearly won the
game, had we converted the chances...

My boss kept me on a project for too long. So, I was not able to watch the game.

I do not understand why officials hate City but I feel it will make us stronger. From what I read, the referee had a stinker.

As long as we are creating chances, the good results will come. We will get better. Chelsea is a strong side. Creating lots of chances against them, shows how far we have improved.

Let us keep the patience

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hi

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin love tonight lineup. The point is already useless so let's give the young guns a go.
CITY XI | Caballero, Maffeo, Sagna, Adarabioyo,
Clichy, Fernando, Zabaleta, Sane, Gundogan,
Nolito, Iheanacho
SUBS | Gunn, Foden, Stones, Aguero, Otamendi,
Navas, Angelino

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Nihilist: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
Blue Moon failed to rise like unleavened bread today Joe.

What happened?
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Agimor(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lol... Since City endorse Tecno they've been losing like running stomach.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
Nihilist:
Blue Moon failed to rise like unleavened bread today Joe.

What happened?

The defence is slow. I think the intensity is too much for the old legs. We need some defenders in the January window. Most especially from South America. Also, Guardiola needs to put faith in our young defenders like Tosin, Mari and Denayer. Although, we need far faster defenders than these.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
It wasn't funny atall today.
That was so shocking.
Where should I start from.
Pep should know that possession won't add inch to our point on the log.
And he should make the player run fast for the ball. This slow tiki taka makes me sleep
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08am On Dec 11, 2016
justicejay:
That was so shocking.
And he should make the player run fast for the ball. This slow tiki taka makes me sleep

I think the blame falls on City Not reinforcing the defence. They can not keep up with fast pressing attackers.

I think we controlled the game but we need one or two midfield demons who can attract opposition players and create room for the attackers.

We need players like Mahrez and Payet. Silva and De Bruyne work hard, make great passes. Unfortunately, they do not hold the ball longer.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:17am On Dec 11, 2016
justicejay:
That was so shocking.

Do not worry. This terrible result can work in our favor and make Guardiola beef up the defence with some young brilliant defenders.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Antell95(m): 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
What we learned this weekend is that Marcos Rojo is clearly the best Argentinian in the Premier League not currently serving a suspension.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 12:53am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new 2017 citizen. More medals to our cabinet.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2017
justicejay:
Happy new 2017 citizen.
More medals to our cabinet.

Have a Wonderful 2017 and may Cityzens triumph.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
Looks like raheem sterling is the only one attending pep training section. He has been totally transformed. If he can matched his finishing with is build-up play, then I will say england national team now a one super star in their squad.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
The defender are playing which more peace of mind imo, is it cos we have caballero between the post. It worth it thou. Commanding his defense in the absence of leader vinny. One of the thing Bravo lacked.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
justicejay:
The defender are playing which more peace of
mind imo, is it cos we have caballero between the
post.
It worth it thou.
Commanding his defense in the absence of
leader vinny. One of the thing Bravo lacked.

Can not offer much because I am not watching the game. I doubt commanding is out problem. We are playing well recently and defending better. I think it is down to Otamendi improving. Also, we are more stable with Sagna supporting the defence with his height.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:15am On Jan 07, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Can not offer much because I am not watching the game. I doubt commanding is out problem. We are playing well recently and defending better. I think it is down to Otamendi improving. Also, we are more stable with Sagna supporting the defence with his height.
No it think its down to organizing his defense. Which they should have been trying in training, but I doesn't look like they are training together atall.
I give it to cabba, calling attention of the player every time
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:19am On Jan 07, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You can't deny that he is costing us some cheap goals, apart from the fact that our defense is sloppy. He should be bench sometimes just to learn how it is done in england.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2017
justicejay:

You can't deny that he is costing us some cheap goals, apart from the fact that our defense is sloppy. He should be bench sometimes just to learn how it is done in england.

I agree that Bravo cost us goals but he is getting stronger and posting better games. In recent games, our organization improved and I see it getting better.

In the last league match, he was solid. Burnley scored by fouling him.

Why should he stay on the bench when he is doing well in recent games?
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30am On Jan 07, 2017
justicejay:

No it think its down to organizing his defense. Which they should have been trying in training, but I doesn't look like they are training together atall.
I give it to cabba, calling attention of the player every time

We did not concede against Watford and Hull. So I do not think we can attribute a clean sheet to Bravo being poor organizing the defence. We are improving defensively.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
Everton 4-0 m. City
Isn't this laughable?
We fired 2 title winning coaches cos of this.
Well that's understandable cos the great SAF finished 11th in is first year in united.
But if pep kee been adamant he going to be no where near greatness in epl.
And what philosophy has he been talking about? Am not getting it cos I can't see any philosophy in this, possession ball is purely overrated.
And for bravo, I don't knw the word to qualify him with. Because this sweeper keeper is adding nothing to our game. Imagine all the shot on target is a goal.
Last bullet, I don't know what other people think about kelechi, but the guy is losing the little confidence he has under pep.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by pelvicky(m): 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
justicejay:
Everton 4-0 m. City
Isn't this laughable?
Well that's understandable cos the great SAF finished 11th in is first year in united.
And what philosophy has he been talking about? Am not getting it cos I can't see any philosophy in this, possession ball is purely overrated.
And for bravo, I don't knw the word to qualify him with. Because this sweeper keeper is adding nothing to our game. Imagine all the shot on target is a goal.
Last bullet, I don't know what other people think about kelechi, but the guy is losing the little confidence he has under pep.

Half of your squad are full of shitty players.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
As a Nigerian, Iheanacho frustrates me. Sure he scores goals when presented with the chance to, other than that, he is waay subpar. He often misplaces passes, does not hold up play well and sometimes does not read the game well. For what was a dreadful defending performance against Everton today, Iheanacho coming on was like Maggi inside a sour soup: made no difference.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
justicejay:
Everton 4-0 m. City
Isn't this laughable?

Give Pep Guardiola some transfer Windows to build the team. Remember that we finished fourth last season. I think the same points with Manchester United. We were not blowing teams apart. Stoke beat us, Leicester beat us also. I doubt we won Everton at their ground.

As for Iheanacho, we are not creating good chances, so he is not getting the chances to score. We will improve with time. But, first we need to manage the team until next season.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eruditor:
As a Nigerian, Iheanacho frustrates me. Sure he scores goals when presented with the chance to, other than that, he is waay subpar. He often misplaces passes, does not hold up play well and sometimes does not read the game well. For what was a dreadful defending performance against Everton today, Iheanacho coming on was like Maggi inside a sour soup: made no difference.

Lukaku who had a freer defence to operate in misplaced passes. How do you expect Iheanacho to make neat passes against an Everton side camped mostly in their box.

As City adds freshness to the team after letting go with about five defenders over thirty and some other aging players, the team I'll play better and Nacho will get more chances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Pele Reportedly Moved To End-of-life Care / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 14th April 2019 / Manchester City Vs PSG UCL (2 - 1) On 24th November 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.