Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,934 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam (9534 Views)

FG To Drop Babachir Lawal & Oke Over $43.4m Contract Scam, Shops For Replacement / Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:26am On Aug 25, 2016

A brother to the Cross Rivers State Governor, Professor Ben Ayade has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, nigerianewspaper.com.ng has gathered on Wednesday.

The relation, Dr. Francis Ayade was arrested on Tuesday in connection with an alleged N2.4billion contract scam.

Ayade, Managing Director of Leophina Nigeria Limited and Hally Brown International Limited, was involved in shady deals involving diversion of public funds into his companies’ accounts.

Specifically, four different allocations from the Nigerian federal government accounts were allegedly diverted into Hally Brown International Limited’s account owned by him.

Investigations showed that Hally Brown International Limited was awarded a road construction contract to the tune of N2.4billion in 2011.

To finance the contract, Ayade allegedly took a loan of N350,000,000( Three Hundred and Fifty Million Naira only) from First Bank Plc, on behalf of Cross Rivers Rural Access and Mobility Project.

The loan, was however, never used for the contract, but transferred into the Mobility Project.

Ayade has also been implicated in alleged suspicious transactions involving Obudu Micro Finance Bank, among other allegations.

He has been offered administrative bail but still in the custody of the EFCC until he fulfills the bail conditions.

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/efcc-arrests-governor-ben-ayades-brother-over-contract-scam/

Photo: Francis Ayade

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by duduade: 12:30am On Aug 25, 2016
A whole professor.....

Corruption is no respecter***** ....of occupation

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by bosschinalu(m): 12:32am On Aug 25, 2016
duduade:
A whole professor.....

badt prof
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by StepTwo: 12:57am On Aug 25, 2016
very good one.

Ayade is hypocrite.

someone who went to the senate for the first time and was screaming about how senators are overly paid.

now He is Governor, everyone from his family as well as that of his wife are now contractors.

The Man is no good, Liyel Imoke and Patience Jonathan imposed this proud Eediot on Cross Riverians.

Road to my Village was a contract given to him when He was senator, out of 14 culverts, not one was constructed, no drainage, hills still higher than uluru rock. we dont need heavy duty vehicles to destroy the road. we just need heavy rain drops to splash out the coal and nonsense mud he used as Laterite.

EFCC, please if you need his address i am ready to supply so you go pick up his mother too.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by Standing5(m): 12:59am On Aug 25, 2016
The allure of corruption is damn strong. Even a professor drop his integrity to involve in corruption.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by leofab(f): 2:22am On Aug 25, 2016
Roast his scrotu.m pls

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:15am On Aug 25, 2016
StepTwo:
very good one.

Ayade is hypocrite.

someone who went to the senate for the first time and was screaming about how senators are overly paid.

now He is Governor, everyone from his family as well as that of his wife are now contractors.

The Man is no good, Liyel Imoke and Patience Jonathan imposed this proud Eediot on Cross Riverians.

Road to my Village was a contract given to him when He was senator, out of 14 culverts, not one was constructed, no drainage, hills still higher than uluru rock. we dont need heavy duty vehicles to destroy the road. we just need heavy rain drops to splash out the coal and nonsense mud he used as Laterite.

EFCC, please if you need his address i am ready to supply so you go pick up his mother too.

That is serious

They will all pay for their sins one after the other

But, it is well
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by agwom(m): 6:24am On Aug 25, 2016
hmmm
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2016
leofab:
Roast his scrotu.m pls
But, why?
Is this how you hate humanity? Lol
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:32am On Aug 25, 2016
Standing5:
The allure of corruption is damn strong. Even a professor drop his integrity to involve in corruption.

Thats Corruption for you

Africans can use any position they are and do the undo-able provided it will splash cash on their bank account.

God will help us

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by realborn(m): 6:43am On Aug 25, 2016
StepTwo:
very good one.
Ayade is hypocrite.
duduade:
A whole professor.....

The only date given in the article was 2011 which precedes Ayade. We are not sure of when the diversion and taking of loan took place.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:51am On Aug 25, 2016
duduade:
A whole professor.....

Thats it

It is always shameful, when it goes into flash light like this kind

God will help us
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:00am On Aug 25, 2016
realborn:

The only date given in the article was 2011 which precedes Ayade. We are not sure of when the diversion and taking of loan took place.

What are you trying to say here?

See more elaboration on the matter @ http://www.brainnewsng.com/cross-river-state-governors-brother-arrested-over-alleged-contract-fraud/
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by Omotorvidosky: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2016
I'm waiting for some people to come and start shouting witch hunting here. Welcome development it is.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by Izonpikin: 7:06am On Aug 25, 2016
Omotorvidosky:
I'm waiting for some people to come and start shouting witch hunting here. Welcome development it is.
where is ameachi that the efcc is supposed to be looking for.

This could be witch hunting or genuine...no one can believe the apc at this point...
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by jerusalem101: 7:26am On Aug 25, 2016
Please nobody should address Ayade as cross River state Governor, cause I am saying categorically that there's no governor in Cross River State for now, pending when election will be conducted for that position.
The only thing I know that is that there's a Man who pay serious attention to his car caravan, who usually stay in transcorp hilton Abuja and tell his people he's abroad. The Glory and legacy of former Governor Duke has been shattered among swine and I even heard that Federal Government is even planning on ceding the State capital to Cameroon, reason yet to be made known.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by justicejay(m): 7:38am On Aug 25, 2016
Efcc, am still no convince until you arrest or probe, tinubu, obj and the likes
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by gokay11(m): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2016
Hope diz won't end up as media trial as usual
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by Flets: 7:39am On Aug 25, 2016
Ayade have been absent from PDP events since assuming office and he has been rumored to have some ties to APC.
Now Ayade shows up at the PHC PDP convention and the EFCC light beams on him. Buhari and APC are very predictable.

Now doubt, the contract in question might have been inflated.... but so is all contracts under the FG and all state governments in Nigeria. Why single this out?
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by veekid(m): 7:40am On Aug 25, 2016
F
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by Slimflame(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2016
Corruption have become everybody's occupation...nigeria itself is corrupted
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by babdap: 7:41am On Aug 25, 2016
Let the witch hunting continiesf
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BIGTinfotech: 7:42am On Aug 25, 2016
Like seriously?
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by Aspireahead(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2016
if I am not from Cross River I would have shouted witch hunt....but that Governor only knows how to blow siren around Calabar.... Imoke really killed Cross River.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by fadiji1992: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2016
Kudos to the EFCC. Haha, Oleburuku.
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by babyfaceafrica: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2016
Normal
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2016
Aspireahead:
if I am not from Cross River I would have shouted witch hunt....but that Governor only knows how to blow siren around Calabar.... Imoke really killed Cross River.

Thats It

God Is Alife
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by GentlemanUnltd: 7:51am On Aug 25, 2016
Isn't this the same Francis, younger brother of Ben that has been ruling Cross River state while Ben who was voted for as Gov stays abroad and abuja and only visit on rear occasions?

The last time I heard, Ben bought and imported horses from abroad for his personal use.

I'm so sure the deputy gov of Cross River state hands is in this, he has always been against Francis Ruling instead of Ben whom was supposed to be the gov.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by Frank3n2(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2016
Efcc will get you.....anytime...anywhere grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by ebenholer(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2016
Fine development, but is EFCC telling us that all people in APC are innocent of any crime or the same law they use in prosecuting does apply to anyone under the umbrella of APC party. This is absurding that this govt is still a continuation of former government in almost all aspects.
Re: EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam by nonjebose(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2016
leofab:
Roast his scrotu.m pls
That one serious o. The use of the terms financial crime and corruption has almost lost it's severity due to the weak prosecution of suspects, and the "slap on the back" sentence given out to convicted persons. So, roasting of scrotum would surely dissuade some people, lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List: Meet The 16 Pdp Governors And Their States As Pdp Takes More States / I Have No Hand In Move To Impeach My Deputy — Yahaya Bello / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.