Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Closed - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80045 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On May 03, 2018
eslo84:
Hello Gazzuzz, I drive a Lexus ES300 1994 model. A.c stopped cooling.. Ist technician spotted a leak on one of the pipes, sealed the leak and refilled the gas. After which it worked well for only two days. 2nd technician diagnosed a leak on the compressor head as he called it, he said he would repair it by changing,spotted a leak on the evaporator(he said he would repair it),drier will be changed and condenser will be flushed.pls I need your expert advice on resolving this issue.

Failing parts due to old age. Replace entire system with new parts.
Re: Closed by eslo84: 9:02pm On May 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Failing parts due to old age. Replace entire system with new parts.
Oga Gazzuzz, I am really grateful for your Expert and sincere advice.Please what's can you give me an estimate of what it will cost me to replace the entire system with new parts.please I would want it to be done by you. I really like my car despite its age.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15pm On May 03, 2018
eslo84:

Oga Gazzuzz, I am really grateful for your Expert and sincere advice.Please what's can you give me an estimate of what it will cost me to replace the entire system with new parts.please I would want it to be done by you. I really like my car despite its age.

carshopper pls look into this quote
Re: Closed by Carshopper(m): 9:43pm On May 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Quote coming up
Re: Closed by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

pls my car only cold in morning and evening, it will just be blowing warm air in afternoon, when the sun is hot, (u know the story sir.)
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:07am On May 04, 2018
dancok:
pls my car only cold in morning and evening, it will just be blowing warm air in afternoon, when the sun is hot, (u know the story sir.)

I will have to respond technically,
I hope it will help you.

Please provide Low and high side readings with engine on a/c turned on engine idling at 800-850rpm max, ambient temp 30-40deg Celsius.

1 Like

Re: Closed by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:20am On May 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I will have to respond technically,
I hope it will help you.

Please provide Low and high side readings with engine on a/c turned on engine idling at 800-850rpm max, ambient temp 30-40deg Celsius.

baba o, haba u for just talk say... get a competent tech to check these areas or if in lag come.

@ dancok get a AC tech that works with pressure gauges to confirm the stuff that Gazuzz asked.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

baba o, haba u for just talk say... get a competent tech to check these areas or if in lag come.

@ dancok get a AC tech that works with pressure gauges to confirm the stuff that Gazuzz asked.

500k and half a million are the same thing

1 Like

Re: Closed by jerry4all: 9:39am On May 04, 2018
Hello, please what's the average cost I should look at to have my camry 2006 AC serviced and gas refilled?
Thanks
Re: Closed by thebigkendo(m): 9:40am On May 04, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

Dancok drives a golf 4.. GAZZUZZ does not touch European cars burnt offerings grin
Diportivo help me with suitable meme

1 Like

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40am On May 04, 2018
jerry4all:
Hello, please what's the average cost I should look at to have my camry 2006 AC serviced and gas refilled?
Thanks

I depends on its current state.
Re: Closed by diportivo: 10:49am On May 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

Dancok drives a golf 4.. GAZZUZZ does not touch European cars burnt offerings grin
Diportivo help me with suitable meme

here u go bro grin

gazzuzz be like,

Re: Closed by humblenature: 10:57am On May 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
If you have vehicle air-conditioning issues, or want to learn more about how the system works, this thread is for you.

Also there is a whatsapp group for any one who wants further consultation on a.c issues.

Contact me on 08033910382 and you will be added.
my Ac fan just went off and I love the new low sound of my car now. My question is, if I don't feel like using Ac again does the fact that the Ac fan isn't blowing affect my car performance or endanger my car in any way? Because me I love the low sound as the Ac fan has just gone off(stopped working)by itself o.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2018
humblenature:
my Ac fan just went off and I love the new low sound of my car now. My question is, if I don't feel like using Ac again does the fact that the Ac fan isn't blowing affect my car performance or endanger my car in any way? Because me I love the low sound as the Ac fan has just gone off(stopped working)by itself o.

the calm before the Great storm.

You were used to an abused fan/electrical system now the fan/relay/fan speed resistor has failed and the fan is on low speed.

fix the problem before it turns to had i......

Diportivo pls meme.

1 Like

Re: Closed by humblenature: 11:16am On May 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

You were used to an abused fan/electrical system now the fan/relay/fan speed resistor has failed and the fan is on low speed.

Diportivo pls meme.

what if I don't want to use the Ac again ? Can't I just leave the fan off as it is. ? It
Re: Closed by diportivo: 11:32am On May 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Diportivo pls meme.

Re: Closed by chukel(m): 11:51am On May 04, 2018
dancok:
pls which car is this. Is it that golf4?
Re: Closed by eslo84: 12:09pm On May 04, 2018
Carshopper:

Quote coming up

Hello Oga Gazzuzz/ Carshoppers... Please don't forget me as regards the quote as requested yesterday(Lexus ES300 1994 model total a.c system replacement)
Re: Closed by humblenature: 12:17pm On May 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Diportivo pls meme.
OK. Thanks for the info. I will change it asap. I see it should be on for a purpose. Thanx sir
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2018
humblenature:

what if I don't want to use the Ac again ? Can't I just leave the fan off as it is. ? It

humblenature:

full specifications of vehicle
Re: Closed by humblenature: 12:25pm On May 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

full specifications of vehicle
vw Passat 2006_2008 model 1.8 2.0v. sir. Pls advise
Re: Closed by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:23pm On May 04, 2018
Re: Closed by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:24pm On May 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

nah, to some people it is, to others... it's not.

half full and half empty are the same thing technically but not philosophically

1 Like

Re: Closed by SteveUg(m): 6:34am On May 05, 2018
Goodmorning to d boss gazzzuzz, I have a Toyota corolla 2007 model. Just yesterday I noticed that my car dies off immideiately I switch on d ac.... D car runs fine but immediately I switch d ac the car just goes goes. I checked ac fused it fine. Sir what could be d cause and d solution to it...
Re: Closed by SteveUg(m): 11:57pm On May 05, 2018
SteveUg:
Goodmorning to d boss gazzzuzz, I have a Toyota corolla 2007 model. Just yesterday I noticed that my car dies off immideiately I switch on d ac.... D car runs fine but immediately I switch d ac the car just goes goes. I checked ac fused it fine. Sir what could be d cause and d solution to it...
Baba I hail u o, please i need your reply on this......
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2018
SteveUg:

compressor is frozen stiff. (Knocked)
Re: Closed by SteveUg(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

. Thank u so much boss, I will get the compressor replaced
Re: Closed by elpiro: 6:00pm On May 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Actually depends on the k, 500kobo is miles away from half a million

1 Like

Re: Closed by 20pence: 10:46am On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

service or replace IACV intake air control valve

Oga Gazzuzz, thank you so much. Tried removing the IACV last Saturday (May 5) but bolts had become rusty. Eventually got a direct fit throttle body from Ladipo. It idles much better now. I will keep observing it over the next few days.

Thank you once again.
Re: Closed by Xtaceeey: 12:55pm On May 13, 2018
Good afternoon Gazzuzz, please I need your advise.

I use a RX300. the AC has been functioning well when I got if, recently it stopped cooling, I refilled and after some weeks it stopped. Technician checked it and asked me to change the condenser which i did. Then refilled again, it stopped again. He checked again for leakages and found none. Then refilled again, same thing occurred. I took it to another technician who advised I change d freezer. Prolly the condenser wasn't the issue initially.

Now i am supposed to change the freezer according to them, mine is expired. I would like to know the cost of a freezer as they keep telling me its about 20k. Recall I Jst changed the condenser for about that same amount. Kindly advise me please because I have not been using the AC for a while and the weather is so hot.

I have a feeling these technicians are trying to overcharge me.

Awaiting a positive response
Re: Closed by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ, nice one ! My ac has been giving me loads of headache. From hot air to refilling to overheating when in traffic to some squeaky sound when you turn it on. At night , you will be in Moscow daytime when you need th chill Na hellfire. Please bro help it’s a Nissan Maxima.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Innoson Replies @chaniee_bob, Lady Who Made Designs With Farouq's New Logo / Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.