Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Closed - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80379 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by mayor2013: 10:15am On Mar 25, 2018
Cuntslayer:
Hello Gazzuzz
The AC of my 2013 camry does not work properly in traffic stops unless i turn of the engine and turn it back on, it then starts to work perfectly. It also works when im in motion sometimes. What couod be the problem. My mechanic says i should flush the radiator and AC condenser. What is your opinion?

Have your evaporator thermistor checked
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:21am On Mar 25, 2018
Cuntslayer:
Hello Gazzuzz
The AC of my 2013 camry does not work properly in traffic stops unless i turn of the engine and turn it back on, it then starts to work perfectly. It also works when im in motion sometimes. What couod be the problem. My mechanic says i should flush the radiator and AC condenser. What is your opinion?

contrary to mayors opinion, your vehicle is equipped with a variable displacement compressor, when it begins to fail it displays same symptoms you just described.
Re: Closed by Cuntslayer: 10:26am On Mar 25, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

contrary to mayors opinion, your vehicle is equipped with a variable displacement compressor, when it begins to fail it displays same symptoms you just described.

So should i replace it or can it be repaired?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2018
Cuntslayer:

So should i replace it or can it be repaired?

replace, but proper Diagnosis first.
Re: Closed by Cuntslayer: 10:37am On Mar 25, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

replace, but proper Diagnosis first.
Please can i get your contact number for the diagnosis
Re: Closed by jaybim: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2018
Hello Gazzuzz, kudos for the good job here.
I have issues with my AC... Blowing hot air.
Vehicle was withdrawn from the driver (Uber, careless and a story teller) sometime last month. He had issues with the AC and he said he fixed it at ikeja (after driving on Uber and taxify with defective AC and getting suspended). I believe he refilled the gas.
Barely a week later the AC was blowing hot again. Took it to a guy at gbagada who said there was a leak (no leak test done) and that the condenser was bad and needs changing. As a stop-gap he refilled gas and oil with assurances that it'll take me for the next 3 months when I'll be ready for the major fix... AC was chilling after this.
Fast forward a little over 2 weeks after we're back to square one. Abeg wetin make we do. Car is a Corolla 06 bought tokunbo around this time last year.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Closed by welly4life: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
Oga gazzuzu, my 06 corolla Ac cools on rainy days only what could possibly be the problem?
Re: Closed by hok4u(f): 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Please how much is Honda baby boy(v6) compressor?
Re: Closed by mokikeoj: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2018
Hi Gazzuzz, my 2012 toyota highlander started having ac issues some weeks back. The vents at the back of the vehicle were releasing hot air, later it moves to the drivers side which was realising warm air. We called a mechanic who said it was low on gas and refilled it , it seemed a bit better after then till this week when the a.c. stopped working. It does not even not even blow any air at all. Pls help!
Re: Closed by makavele: 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2018
Overhaul loading !
Re: Closed by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 29, 2018
@GAZZUZZ, which battery size can diffidently power car AC of Toyota Camry 2000.

Cos I noticed my car engine loses power whenever I put on AC as d car doesn't move well relative to more fire n doesn't cool well. Other things abt d AC OK.

Note, I use battery 12v/ 62Ah

I ll appreciate ur response.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2018
masaro:
@GAZZUZZ, which battery size can diffidently power car AC of Toyota Camry 2000.

Cos I noticed my car engine loses power whenever I put on AC as d car doesn't move well relative to more fire n doesn't cool well. Other things abt d AC OK.

Note, I use battery 12v/ 62Ah

It is never a function of the battery.
Once your technician tells you the battery affects a/c performance, flee from the technician.

Check you IACV. Google IACV for 5s-FE or 1mz show pics to mechanic, have it serviced.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Apr 29, 2018
mokikeoj:
Hi Gazzuzz, my 2012 toyota highlander started having ac issues some weeks back. The vents at the back of the vehicle were releasing hot air, later it moves to the drivers side which was realising warm air. We called a mechanic who said it was low on gas and refilled it , it seemed a bit better after then till this week when the a.c. stopped working. It does not even not even blow any air at all. Pls help!

replied via mail contact on gazzuzz.com
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Apr 29, 2018
welly4life:
Oga gazzuzu, my 06 corolla Ac cools on rainy days only what could possibly be the problem?

blocked dryer

Dirty condenser

Faulty compressor

Ineffective cooling fan

Restriction in pipe work due to smaller passages caused by welding work.

Low refrigerant

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30am On Apr 29, 2018
jaybim:
Hello Gazzuzz, kudos for the good job here.
I have issues with my AC... Blowing hot air.
Vehicle was withdrawn from the driver (Uber, careless and a story teller) sometime last month. He had issues with the AC and he said he fixed it at ikeja (after driving on Uber and taxify with defective AC and getting suspended). I believe he refilled the gas.
Barely a week later the AC was blowing hot again. Took it to a guy at gbagada who said there was a leak (no leak test done) and that the condenser was bad and needs changing. As a stop-gap he refilled gas and oil with assurances that it'll take me for the next 3 months when I'll be ready for the major fix... AC was chilling after this.
Fast forward a little over 2 weeks after we're back to square one. Abeg wetin make we do. Car is a Corolla 06 bought tokunbo around this time last year.

Thanks in anticipation.

I believe this was fixed in my workshop
Re: Closed by adejide2: 12:09am On Apr 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Introduce your vehicle, and engine specifications. Include any modifications that may have been made.

my car Mitsubishi gallant station wagon 1998 model a/c is still cooling but the a/c repairer said I need to chage the compressor. how much is compressor
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:11am On Apr 30, 2018
adejide2:

my car Mitsubishi gallant station wagon 1998 model a/c is still cooling but the a/c repairer said I need to chage the compressor. how much is compressor

sadly I have no idea
Re: Closed by mayor2013: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

sadly I have no idea

You must know this one and admit this one to your theatre and fix accordingly.do not eschew this one grin grin grin
Re: Closed by tripoli007(m): 7:17am On Apr 30, 2018
Morning house , the Ac of my 2005 Camry makes certain noise ,once I turn on , the engineer said compressor was bad , but the AC was working well ,then I decided to top the AC with that little can but now the AC no longer chills when the car is idle it only chills when I am on motion .. Is there any fix for this ,cost or any reliable technician in the house that can help .. I stay in Lagos
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2018
tripoli007:
Morning house , the Ac of my 2005 Camry makes certain noise ,once I turn on , the engineer said compressor was bad , but the AC was working well ,then I decided to top the AC with that little can but now the AC no longer chills when the car is idle it only chills when I am on motion .. Is there any fix for this ,cost or any reliable technician in the house that can help .. I stay in Lagos

replace compressor and condenser,
clean out the system properly, vacuum and install the right amount of refrigerant. You will be fine.
Re: Closed by tripoli007(m): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

replace compressor and condenser,
clean out the system properly, vacuum and install the right amount of refrigerant. You will be fine.

Sir can you carry out all of this in your workshop ?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
tripoli007:

Sir can you carry out all of this in your workshop ?

you can reach me on this link.

http://www.gazzuzz.com/contact/
Re: Closed by mokikeoj: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hi Gazzuzz, I did not receive any email response. I have checked my inbox and spam. Pls help
GAZZUZZ:

replied via mail contact on gazzuzz.com
Re: Closed by emekax180(m): 1:53pm On May 01, 2018
Good day Gazzuz. The AC of my golf 3 cools and stops at intervals. I found out that the compressor stops working when its not cooling. The compressor comes on after you rev the engine, and the AC begins cooling. This happens when I set the AC speed at speeds 1 and 2.
But whenever I set it at speed 3 and 4, it cools fine with the compressor always on.
What could be the issues with the system.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:02pm On May 01, 2018
emekax180:
Good day Gazzuz. The AC of my golf 3 cools and stops at intervals. I found out that the compressor stops working when its not cooling. The compressor comes on after you rev the engine, and the AC begins cooling. This happens when I set the AC speed at speeds 1 and 2.
But whenever I set it at speed 3 and 4, it cools fine with the compressor always on.
What could be the issues with the system.

what is the RPM @ idle?
Re: Closed by emekax180(m): 2:41pm On May 01, 2018
Its BTW 800 and 1000
Re: Closed by emekax180(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what is the RPM @ idle?

Between 800 and 1000
Re: Closed by tunjipeju: 4:30pm On May 01, 2018
I need advice of the gurus on this forum whether it's advisable to put air conditioner in how golf3 1.6 liter engine. what are the pros and cons. thanks
Re: Closed by Jafman: 7:19am On May 02, 2018
Please I need HELP. I have a VW passat 2.0 2008. Before changing the compressor, it works well when am travelling but misbehaves when I drive within town (sometimes it works, and sometimes it won't even pick at all). Refrigerant was in the AC system for about 3years and I never had cause to refill. An ac tech told me the compressor was bad and needed to be changed. I changed the compressor and it works fine but may biggest issue now is that refrigerant doesn't last up to a day in the system. All o rings have been refitted with this there blue gum.
My concern is that I never had a leak before changing the compressor. Please what can I do...it has become really frustrating.
Re: Closed by 20pence: 4:20pm On May 02, 2018
@ Gazzuzz, please is low idle rpm whenever AC is on normal on a 1998 Toyota Camry?

The car idles between 750 - 850 rpm when it is warm in Park (early morning start up). However, while driving with AC on and I come to a stop at a traffic light, the idle rpm drops to between 550 - 600.

Also, while monitoring the rpm, I observed that when I put on the AC with the vehicle in Park position, the rpm rises to 1000 rpm before dropping to around 700 - 750 rpm after about 15 - 30 seconds. The AC still cools.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:04pm On May 02, 2018
20pence:
@ Gazzuzz, please is low idle rpm whenever AC is on normal on a 1998 Toyota Camry?

The car idles between 750 - 850 rpm when it is warm in Park (early morning start up). However, while driving with AC on and I come to a stop at a traffic light, the idle rpm drops to between 550 - 600.

Also, while monitoring the rpm, I observed that when I put on the AC with the vehicle in Park position, the rpm rises to 1000 rpm before dropping to around 700 - 750 rpm after about 15 - 30 seconds. The AC still cools.

service or replace IACV intake air control valve
Re: Closed by eslo84: 5:03pm On May 03, 2018
Hello Gazzuzz, I drive a Lexus ES300 1994 model. A.c stopped cooling.. Ist technician spotted a leak on one of the pipes, sealed the leak and refilled the gas. After which it worked well for only two days. 2nd technician diagnosed a leak on the compressor head as he called it, he said he would repair it by changing,spotted a leak on the evaporator(he said he would repair it),drier will be changed and condenser will be flushed.pls I need your expert advice on resolving this issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.