Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Closed - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80346 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by Burchester: 11:33pm On May 19, 2018
What’s the best refrigerant to use for saloon car ?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04am On May 20, 2018
Burchester:
What’s the best refrigerant to use for saloon car ?

134a
Re: Closed by JAYUK(m): 5:29am On May 20, 2018
Oga Gazzuz good morning, i drive an RX 330,the AC stopped working i left it for months, when i decided to fix it,the tech guy changed the condenser but after a month the compressor packed up though it started making noise before getting stiff and burnt out.Another compressor was installed after 3 days,AC stopped cooling,the tech guy brought the compressor out,i observed oil was on the body of the compressor,he said there's so much pressure in the system that is affecting the compressor rubber seals one on top and below, he advised we introduce an external drier to reduce the pressure, i declined because that will change the OEM standard of the system just like removing thermostat and connecting the fan direct, he changed the seals and installed the compressor and the cooling is back but last two nights i came back placed a neat carton under the vehicle, in the morning i saw drops of oil from the compressor.

Please what could be wrong and what is your advice to it.
Re: Closed by Burchester: 2:28pm On May 20, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

134a

Which brand I mean ? Also my car AC chills when in cold weather but in hot weather it doesn’t chills,what might be the issue ?
Re: Closed by tushqueen(f): 6:23pm On May 20, 2018
Good evening Chief, please how much does it cost to replace the fan in the AC compartment of an 04 corolla
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34pm On May 20, 2018
tushqueen:
Good evening Chief, please how much does it cost to replace the fan in the AC compartment of an 04 corolla

sadly I don't have a figure.
Re: Closed by jossytech(m): 3:00am On May 21, 2018
I need oil again, i wanna service my car next week, my usual oil for 98 camry mobil please let me know if available and cost this time
Re: Closed by temmym4(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2018
Gurus please I have a little issue concerning my car AC, it works well and blows cold, but the Radiator fan doesn't come on to cool the condenser and compressor.

I actually didn't allow Kazeems to remove any of my car's thermostat so the radiator fan only come up once a while when temperature rises then stop after few seconds/minutes when everything goes normal or when moving.

I believe when the AC is switched on, the radiator fan should start Automatically Just like my 2nd car but this one won't just come on.
There was a time i started the car and switched on the AC trying to see if the fan will actually come on, i waited for about 4 minutes and then the Compressor started bringing out smoke due to overheating because the fan wasn't coming on since the engine temperature itself didn't rise.

Now i am forced to only use the AC at high speed so air could blow into the system or remove one of my engine sensors to allow the fan start running immediately when the vehicle starts. Am not convenient with this as the Check Engine light is always on.

Is there something i can do about this please?
I dont want my fan running everytime the vehicle is working, neither do i want my compressor fried because fan wont respond to the AC coming on.
Is there a fault somewhere? Help please.

Car is Nissan Primera p11 1.6
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2018
temmym4:
Gurus please I have a little issue concerning my car AC, it works well and blows cold, but the Radiator fan doesn't come on to cool the condenser and compressor.

I actually didn't allow Kazeems to remove any of my car's thermostat so the radiator fan only come up once a while when temperature rises then stop after few seconds/minutes when everything goes normal or when moving.

I believe when the AC is switched on, the radiator fan should start Automatically Just like my 2nd car but this one won't just come on.
There was a time i started the car and switched on the AC trying to see if the fan will actually come on, i waited for about 4 minutes and then the Compressor started bringing out smoke due to overheating because the fan wasn't coming on since the engine temperature itself didn't rise.

Now i am forced to only use the AC at high speed so air could blow into the system or remove one of my engine sensors to allow the fan start running immediately when the vehicle starts. Am not convenient with this as the Check Engine light is always on.

Is there something i can do about this please?
I dont want my fan running everytime the vehicle is working, neither do i want my compressor fried because fan wont respond to the AC coming on.
Is there a fault somewhere? Help please.

Car is Nissan Primera p11 1.6

what year is your vehicle?
Re: Closed by temmym4(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what year is your vehicle?

1998 sir
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:40pm On May 24, 2018
temmym4:

1998 sir

thermistor lower side radiator is faulty..

Cc Costee.
Re: Closed by kayus2(m): 1:22pm On May 29, 2018
Boss, pls what's d cost a a good compressor, condenser, drier and cabin filter for a 2003 Camry. Am considering changing all this
Re: Closed by Rayd502(m): 5:18pm On May 31, 2018
@Gazzuz My AC works perfectly well but when turned on it makes a rattling noise,i noticed the noise comes from the pulley/belt around the compressor.

I just want to seek your expert opinion b4 taking it to a technician.its a Camry muscle. Thanks
Re: Closed by SortOut: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
Why is it that whenever I switch On AC rev drops to about 700rpm and car starts shaking vigorously, and to put on D, Engine goes off, my Mechanic later increased the idle speed to about 1200rpm to sustain power for AC on D-Drive
Re: Closed by wilblessed: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
Dear house Pls I need your advice is it advisable to use ac on your car after ringing the engine? I make use of Honda accord 2001 v4
Re: Closed by prinzboi: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2018
hello house please how much is evaporator of Hyonda 1997 please
Re: Closed by ALABIAC(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2018
Morning boss guzzuzz, I'm also a technician, I want to make use of florescent dye tracers for lekages detector. How can I get it and also make use of it,Here
in Ibadan.
Re: Closed by kaz4sure: 5:08am On Jun 07, 2018
Expat in the house, please I noticed recently that my car AC is permanently on cold, it dosent switch to hot even if I set the function to hot, it is always on cold.

I am using lexus rx 300, please advise
Re: Closed by chiboyo(m): 12:32am On Jun 10, 2018
@ Gazzuzz, please I need your advise..
Vehicle is a Toyota Rav4, 06 model. The AC suddenly stopped cooling without warning, the AC technician traced and diagnosed the fault to be the sensor on the compressor and advised we:
1) buy a new sensor (advised against it as it might fail agaim)
2) convert to manual compressor ( claims this is the best action)
3) buy a new compressor
4) buy a Belgium compressor.

Please what are your thoughts..
Re: Closed by lanrally: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2018
Oga Gazzuz, abeg what option should I explore for my car, Camry Tiny light. The AC stopped cooling. I have refilled severally before being told the compressor was leaking. After fixing it, it worked for a while and stopped working again.
Re: Closed by jossytech(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
Oga Gazzuz, my 1998 camry as usual, i change belt 2 weeks ago, this belt that pass thru dis ac engine (compressor) and dis thin that charge battery (alternator) , i thougt belt is old na so i change am to new one, afer that when i on ac na noise oooo, but go away after few minutes or unless am on speed like 60m, but if i on ac on slow movement na noise, please what way forward, sad thin i have throway the belt i remove that has toyota logo. this doesnnt happen before please guide me, i dont know why i dont collect d one i remove sef
Re: Closed by virtualking: 3:18am On Jun 11, 2018
Just wonder how often do i have to service my a.c. for working properly, should I inspect it yearly?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Jun 11, 2018
kayus2:
Boss, pls what's d cost a a good compressor, condenser, drier and cabin filter for a 2003 Camry. Am considering changing all this

V6 compressor 25-30k 4cyl 38k

Condenser 15k drier comes with condenser cabin filter 1500

1 Like

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Jun 11, 2018
Rayd502:
@Gazzuz My AC works perfectly well but when turned on it makes a rattling noise,i noticed the noise comes from the pulley/belt around the compressor.

I just want to seek your expert opinion b4 taking it to a technician.its a Camry muscle. Thanks

replace belt
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Jun 11, 2018
SortOut:
Why is it that whenever I switch On AC rev drops to about 700rpm and car starts shaking vigorously, and to put on D, Engine goes off, my Mechanic later increased the idle speed to about 1200rpm to sustain power for AC on D-Drive

is it a suzuki?
wilblessed:
Dear house Pls I need your advice is it advisable to use ac on your car after ringing the engine? I make use of Honda accord 2001 v4

yes
prinzboi:
hello house please how much is evaporator of Hyonda 1997 please

is it an Odesy?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2018
ALABIAC:
Morning boss guzzuzz, I'm also a technician, I want to make use of florescent dye tracers for lekages detector. How can I get it and also make use of it,Here
in Ibadan.

ali express sure pass
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:24am On Jun 11, 2018
kaz4sure:
Expat in the house, please I noticed recently that my car AC is permanently on cold, it dosent switch to hot even if I set the function to hot, it is always on cold.

I am using lexus rx 300, please advise

pipe have been bypassed by your technician
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Jun 11, 2018
chiboyo:
@ Gazzuzz, please I need your advise..
Vehicle is a Toyota Rav4, 06 model. The AC suddenly stopped cooling without warning, the AC technician traced and diagnosed the fault to be the sensor on the compressor and advised we:
1) buy a new sensor (advised against it as it might fail agaim)
2) convert to manual compressor ( claims this is the best action)
3) buy a new compressor
4) buy a Belgium compressor.

Please what are your thoughts..

To do it properly.

Replace compressor with brand new unit

Replace condenser with oem new unit

Clean out pipes and evaporator thoroughly

Vacuum and recharge system.

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Jun 11, 2018
lanrally:
Oga Gazzuz, abeg what option should I explore for my car, Camry Tiny light. The AC stopped cooling. I have refilled severally before being told the compressor was leaking. After fixing it, it worked for a while and stopped working again.

Post is vague
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2018
jossytech:
Oga Gazzuz, my 1998 camry as usual, i change belt 2 weeks ago, this belt that pass thru dis ac engine (compressor) and dis thin that charge battery (alternator) , i thougt belt is old na so i change am to new one, afer that when i on ac na noise oooo, but go away after few minutes or unless am on speed like 60m, but if i on ac on slow movement na noise, please what way forward, sad thin i have throway the belt i remove that has toyota logo. this doesnnt happen before please guide me, i dont know why i dont collect d one i remove sef

you bought a fake belt. Nah toks sure pass grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.