Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency (16314 Views)

Saraki Reacts To The Arrest Of Kwara Civil Servant For Criticizing Him / "President Buhari Likes Cartoons"; See What They Did To Him. Photos / Reno Omokri Reacts To Garba Shehu’s Tweet That Buhari Likes Reading Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Remii(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2016
ever811:
but he never condemned the action of the police,and iam sure he has come across the news on Facebook...
no problem, he should conderm everything even when someone whose father is buhari in the man's house felt insulted and call police? Someone deliberately looked for problem those miles away are forming opinions, smh
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by FTbomb(m): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2016
so are they going to rename the dog or kill it?
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Missonas(f): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2016
Same was said about Abacha. That he laughs at the things said about him on the newspaper. But that kind laugh ehn...
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by sommy03(m): 8:23am On Aug 26, 2016
And I was banned for commenting... it's alright
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2016
Ajibel:
This case confirmed that most Nigerians didn't know the origin of the situation.

The man arrested named his dog Buhari in an attempt to maybe provoke his neighbour, an Hausa man whose father's name is Buhari. I say provoke because everyone I know that has a pet only give their pet names orally. I haven't seen anyone who writes the pet's name on the pet. My boo's fam have 3 dogs and they've got names but they didnt write the dog's name on each dog. But that's by the way. It's still no justification for the owner to be arrested and detained.

This issue didn't in anyway involve President Buhari. He isn't the only one bearing the name Buhari in Nigeria.

It was the Hausa man's report to the police that got the dog owner arrested.

That's why I have been lost as to how many Nigerians have roped the President into this. Something he had no hand in going by the real story of the event.

Smh.

God bless you much dear. Couldn't have said it better. Except for some minor changes though... The police was right to have arrested the man. First, he lives in a predominantly Hausa community. Writing that name on the dog would have caused huge crisis and I bet lives would have been lost. They will stoke the fire of anger and hatred, when it burns them they'll start shouting genocide.

Second is that the police actually helped him from being killed by remanding him in a cell. He'd better be grateful otherwise he and his family along with the dog would be suya meat by now.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Missonas(f): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2016
yekparikpa:
Damage control!
101.im sure he will also be laughing at the cariture Garba is making of himself

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Gabrendo(m): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2016
ajepako:
Gbam....this confirms what a nairalander once said about baba bubu and newpapers...

That he is only interested in the cartoon and not the hard news...

Make l laugh as l sip my green tea...

Baba Bubu since you love cartoon let me recommend Johnny Bravo.... The handsome dumbo with no brains....

grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

Burning that stomach fat. Try Seat up or are you that Lazy? It helped him.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by tigerclaws: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2016
[s]
seunmsg:
Sincerely, it's just plain stupidity to think the president ordered the arrest of the dog owner who named his dog Buhari. Like seriously, is the president that jobless?

I know it's not that wailing losers like Reno Omokri and FFK who are spreading the falsehood are not aware of the truth behind the arrest, they are just a bunch of dishonest characters who are hell-bent on mischievously discrediting the person of the president.
[/s]

shatap there you zombie

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by amdo007(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2016
ejilife:
Your ignorance is truly capable of winning Olypmic gold medal. Which niGERian known law has the man broken to be made persona non grata in your so called Sophiscated South West? So, out of a sudden even those that accused him on writing the name of Buhari on both side of the Dog who can't even provide a common poorly taken picture of the Dog to prove their accusation should now be taken seriously for claiming that the trader asked that the Dog should be killed and eaten? The trader made it know that it is his alien accuser that killed the Dog when he was detention. FYI, the biggest mistake the govt of the dullard of Daura made was laying hands on Nnamdi Kanu. The coming months will prove it to you. Just watch and see! But remember to give me the credit when it happens.. f
This is insanity. The greatest threat to humaniinty is the ignorant claiming knowledge. Google Aleppo in Syria. I pray God preserves all of you evil people drumming war songs to face the full wrath of a war. slowpoke tribalist.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by free2ryhme: 8:30am On Aug 26, 2016
You didnot address the dwindling economy that people are accusing him of but u took your time to explain the trader-buhari- dog saga

Clap for yourself
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by OfficialAwol(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Gabrendo(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Yeah Buhari not jobless to order the arrest of the Dog namer. I Agree.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by TheAdvocate(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2016
seunmsg:
Sincerely, it's just plain stupidity to think the president ordered the arrest of the dog owner who named his dog Buhari. Like seriously, is the president that jobless?

I know it's not that wailing losers like Reno Omokri and FFK who are spreading the falsehood are not aware of the truth behind the arrest, they are just a bunch of dishonest characters who are hell-bent on mischievously discrediting the person of the president.

He has no hands in it but he had a good laugh over the issue. That's the kind of President we have.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Skmoda360(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2016
Why should he condemn a case already in the law court? There is nothing to condemn. Why always you bubu?
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2016
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Aspiregreat: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2016
Lol. A cartoonist president. I now see why this nation is swiftly recessing.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by seunmsg(m): 8:41am On Aug 26, 2016
TheAdvocate:

He has no hands in it but he had a good laugh over the issue. That's the kind of President we have.

What do you want him to do? Should he condemn the police for doing their job by preventing the matter from degenerating or what?
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Vincent41(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2016
seunmsg:

e pain am?

Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Rexnegro(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2016
globe16:
Did he say buhari must be having a good laugh over this? Buhari must be having a good laugh over someone being sent to jail for naming his dog Buhari? wtf?
Your understanding and sense of reasoning is upsidedown...too bad
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 26, 2016
and all these afonjas complaining of Buhari Voted him in.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by aksule(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2016
And it never crossed your mind that for the fact that the name Buhari is that of the Nigerian president the police are acting strangely. The presidential spokesman is only talking having realized the damaged been done for having him arrested and subsequent prosecution. Tell me please who is the c in c. The buck stops at the table of..
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by porka: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2016
Businessideas:

You are just making the case worse for the man like you people did for Nnamdi Kanu. He acted foolishly and even destroyed the evidence by asking his relatives to kill the dog when police investigation had already commenced. As a matter of fact, the police are doing him a great service by keeping him because, going by the way community rule is enforced in most south west communities, he is already a persona non grata in the area because he would have been reported to the Baale and Oba of the community. The police is definitely the last resort and no attempt by people like you will drag in the president.

You are tired of ceding Ogun State to Hausa now?

So, the place is actually a Yorubaland with full-fledged Yoruba traditional institutions after all?

The way you people ranted endlessly on Hausa people's violent tendencies in 'their' community, one would think the incident happened in Zaria or Sokoto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by sammhi(m): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2016
But what did PMB do when he heard the man was arrested. Keeping mute is also a sign of acceptance of the actions of the Police
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Db55889(m): 9:25am On Aug 26, 2016
I wonder why people who claim to know so much still display little knowledge of issues.What do I even know? all I see here is tribal sentiment...people can no longer read news with unbiased mind;too bad. Buhari behind the arrest of the owner of a dog named after him...laughable.
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by iaminspired: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Issorite

Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by yudee233: 9:29am On Aug 26, 2016
seunmsg:

Good that the presidential spokesman cleared the air. I believed the police acted to be seen as defender of the president
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by jhidey08(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2016
ejilife:
. No! You are wrong. I See the hands of dullard of Daura and the voice of the fulani alien in the case. The dullard of Daura is obviously involved in the case because the Police had already make Peace between the warring parties and released the trader before going back again to re-arrest him. Can't you see that a power from above must have insatigated his 2nd arrest and detention?
you're very funny sha, so u think the President has time to be dragging issues like this with citizens. If he really is then many facebook users would have gotten themselves arrested. He is the President of a country and not a Councillor o
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Onyintology(f): 9:45am On Aug 26, 2016
seunmsg:

I am sure he never condemned the action of the police,and I'm very sure he has come across the news on Facebook...
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by jhidey08(m): 9:45am On Aug 26, 2016
sammhi:
But what did PMB do when he heard the man was arrested. Keeping mute is also a sign of acceptance of the actions of the Police
what should he have done? Fly to Abeokuta to condemn the act? Or invite the man 2d Villa. U guys need to remember that we're talking about the president here, not some Councillor
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by NAVYdogg: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2016
I named my monkey Obasanjo cos baba Iyabo is my role model grin
Re: President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency by Onyintology(f): 9:48am On Aug 26, 2016
Even if he didn't react, other Hausa elements will even carry the matter for head

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers 2019: How Amaechi Convinced Me To Run As APC Candidate —tonye Cole / Alhaji Lai Mohammed: Buhari, Not Saraki Made Me Minister / Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.