Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (58249 Views)

Whose Name Should Be Put On documents of Properties Acquired By Married Couples? / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Timetable For Sex For Married Couples, Good Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by eyinjuege: 12:04am On Aug 30, 2016
princeonx:
Hell No!! Mine was nothing but trouble!! Her over Sabi is too much!! If your car didn't start in the morning she will ask if you're sure there's enough air in the tire!!
My own mom on the other hand was double of what I described above. At a point i had three women to please while married to only one! So, they can both visit but no body is living in my house anymore!! Infact I have to see your return ticket before you visit and if it's more than 2 weeks, no room for you.

Hahahahaha grin grin

You see, you cray small o

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by eyinjuege: 12:04am On Aug 30, 2016
princeonx:
Hell No!! Mine was nothing but trouble!! Her over Sabi is too much!! If your car didn't start in the morning she will ask if you're sure there's enough air in the tire!!
My own mom on the other hand was double of what I described above. At a point i had three women to please while married to only one! So, they can both visit but no body is living in my house anymore!! Infact I have to see your return ticket before you visit and if it's more than 2 weeks, no room for you.

Hahahahaha grin grin

You sef, you cray small o

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Seahawk: 12:15am On Aug 30, 2016
She's such a pretender. She's secretly hoping your marriage won't work out. What kind of mother doesn't want her son happy with his wife except a certified witch. Dem plenty like that for Nigeria. Instead of them to marry their sons and spare some innocent girl the stress of the competition they feel they is happening when their sons marry other women.

Weird funny creatures.
BumbleBee2ice:
I dnt support aving MILs in ur home on a permanent stay.
My own MIL is really a funny case, weneva she's around i cnt communicate nd play freely wit my man anymore bcs wen i do i notice she doesnt seem too happy dat she will jst sit in a corner brooding nd she wil neva engage in our discuss bt wen we disagree u will see her chatting excitedly wit her son pretending she doesn't knw all isn't well btw us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by CICERO09(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2016
specialguest:
My mother in law stays with us weekdays and returns to her house on weekends because we live in the same city. To be frank at first I was not comfortable with the arrangement but when I asked the price of day care near my office and it was way too much (40k monthly), I began to appreciate the favour she is doing us by staying to take care of the baby while I go to work monday through friday.
Now we are really really close, We watch Zee world together after I get back from the office and she even assists to make dinner on the days I return late.
If I were to choose all over again, I would still prefer her to stay with us because her presence has been a blessing and a stress reliever.

Op the choice is yours, weigh it well!
most reasonable comment av seen on nairaland so far

3 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by victorazy(m): 12:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Mrsprof:
I won't be comfortable living with my MIL, she can visit anytime she likes but not live with us. This is to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding, maybe she starts finding fault in one or two things I do and vise versa.

U funny die grin

Remember ur a mother in-law someday.

If ur good, why the fear?

The first day my wife returned word to me was the day I shouted on my mother, she (my wife) nearly slapped me if no the respect she have for me.

Just let her stay in guest room, be a caring wife, leave the rest to God
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 30, 2016
Berbierklaus:
Depends on the type of mother-inlaw she is,some MIL are very accomodating and fun to be with,but some are just too strict and a pain in the neck.

If you ask me,I will appreciate the presence of my mother inlaw no matter the attitude she has,coz I have been trained to withstand situations like that.

PS. i'm not married,just thinking aloud grin
When You Marry Na
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by PaulIdu: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Mrsprof:
I won't be comfortable living with my MIL, she can visit anytime she likes but not live with us. This is to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding, maybe she starts finding fault in one or two things I do and vise versa.

What about your own mum?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 30, 2016
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Odogwuskido(m): 2:18am On Aug 30, 2016
Adonis3:
G
G-string
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by SpockFederation: 2:58am On Aug 30, 2016
On point! That is the anatomy of an African parental argument
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by blessedqueen(f): 2:59am On Aug 30, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
My wife's mother or siblings can't live with me until my marriage is 5 to 8 years old like wise my mother or siblings... We have to face our formative years alone.
Cos by then we could av grown to the level of handling our altercations codedly and I should have a big enough house that their presence won't be noticed much.. .

I love your idea

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 30, 2016
LoveJesus87:
hello sweetie, nice one there. Just d kind of woman am looking for grin cheesy wink
http://gtpedia.com/top-10-words-highest-paid-actresses-2016/
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by dangervu(m): 4:12am On Aug 30, 2016
Lucky you! You have a good mother in law

specialguest:
My mother in law stays with us weekdays and returns to her house on weekends because we live in the same city. To be frank at first I was not comfortable with the arrangement but when I asked the price of day care near my office and it was way too much (40k monthly), I began to appreciate the favour she is doing us by staying to take care of the baby while I go to work monday through friday.
Now we are really really close, We watch Zee world together after I get back from the office and she even assists to make dinner on the days I return late.
If I were to choose all over again, I would still prefer her to stay with us because her presence has been a blessing and a stress reliever.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 4:20am On Aug 30, 2016
Mrsprof:
Would you be comfortable living with your mum??
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by tunbebes(f): 5:07am On Aug 30, 2016
specialguest:

I love you sis! May your brothers wife treat your mother well too. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by numericalguy(m): 5:22am On Aug 30, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

It may surprise you to know that the average woman doesn't think that deep.

You are correct. The way some of these young ladies treat their MIL with so much hatred is terrible. How can you even hate the woman that gave birth and raised the man you claim to love. If you loved your husband trulely, I don't expect you not to love his mother too. Some of them even start praying for her MIL to die before she meets her forgeting that she too will grow to be a MIL in future. How would she feel if another young girl is praying for her death before she marries her son.
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Oppypoppy: 5:23am On Aug 30, 2016
In the first place why should any MIL live with a married couple. She no get house ni. Its totally wrong. Let her stay in her place. Such idea can never be comfortable in many ways. Sometimes i wanna be in my boxers or just loud my music its my hus for Gods sake or touch my wife in d kitchen or say some dirty things to make wife laff. Either MIL is wrong. Make dem stay in thier hus. Our duties as Children is to make sure they are very fine.
Make we no pretend na wahala d tin dey cos among couples.

4 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 30, 2016
numericalguy:

Very very rearly will you see a man having issues with his MIL. It is typically a female thing and you know that.
I know,but I am only letting you know that men sometimes do too

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by numericalguy(m): 5:34am On Aug 30, 2016
Seahawk:
She's such a pretender. She's secretly hoping your marriage won't work out. What kind of mother doesn't want her son happy with his wife except a certified witch. Dem plenty like that for Nigeria. Instead of them to marry their sons and spare some innocent girl the stress of the competition they feel they is happening when their sons marry other women.

Weird funny creatures.

She was not a witch when she gave birth and was raising her son. She was not a witch when she Sold her cloths to see through his education. She was not a witch when she took her sick baby to the hospital and even stayed awake all through the night by his bedside praying to God for her son to recover. She was not a witch when she suffered so much to raise the money for his school fees in the university. She was not a witch when she prayed all night just so that her graduate son will get a good job. Now that he is a made young man she suddenly becomes an evil witch abi.

Na God go punish that hand wey you take type that rubbish wet you post.

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Seahawk: 5:44am On Aug 30, 2016
The woman's mother didn't do all that for her daughter? Yet you will rarely see them coming to disturb the man that married their daughter. It's the men's mothers that don't know how to let go. If they really did all that for their sons with real love in their hearts, they will surely be happy to see him in love. Instead they keep doing their best to frustrate their daughters-in-law. I still wonder why they don't marry their sons so that peace will reign.

God punish your hand too. Marry your mother if she doesn't know her place in your life. Shameless women competing for wife position with their DILs. When her husband is at home and she should be there enjoying her old age with him. She's trotting up and down from one child's house to another.
numericalguy:

She was not a witch when she gave birth and was raising her son. She was not a witch when she Sold her cloths to see through his education. She was not a witch when she took her sick baby to the hospital and even stayed awake all through the night by his bedside praying to God for her son to recover. She was not a witch when she suffered so much to raise the money for his school fees in the university. She was not a witch when she prayed all night just so that her graduate son will get a good job. Now that he is a made young man she suddenly becomes an evil witch abi.

Na God go punish that hand wey you take type that rubbish wet you post.

7 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by eph12(m): 5:45am On Aug 30, 2016
holyfather:

All these "have sex anywhere" things , are they dogs? Mstcheww Smh
If you ask me na who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by flakkybaby: 5:52am On Aug 30, 2016
Well as for me i was onec nice and good to my MIL until when i gave birth i called her mum i need something from you and d response she gave me, was i know how many children i have in yoruba says (mo mo eyeh omo ti mo bi , or olomo mo omo e) can u imaging will u still be able to take her inn anytime again?
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by nicerichard05: 6:05am On Aug 30, 2016
specialguest:

See ur life? Women always wanna be in the benefiting side. If only you child's day care was free, u wouldn't hav been happy for her to stay nd u wouldn't have been so close to her. Mak una dey use sense o

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by numericalguy(m): 6:17am On Aug 30, 2016
Seahawk:
The woman's mother didn't do all that for her daughter? Yet you will rarely see them coming to disturb the man that married their daughter. It's the men's mothers that don't know how to let go. If they really did all that for their sons with real love in their hearts, they will surely be happy to see him in love. Instead they keep doing their best to frustrate their daughters-in-law. I still wonder why they don't marry their sons so that peace will reign.

God punish your hand too. Marry your mother if she doesn't know her place in your life. Shameless women competing for wife position with their DILs. When her husband is at home and she should be there enjoying her old age with him. She's trotting up and down from one child's house to another.

Its not everyone's problem if you are from an incestuous home. You are a sick and miserable person. Abeg carry your frustrations comot for this thread.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Seahawk: 6:21am On Aug 30, 2016
numericalguy:

Its not everyone's problem if you are from an incestuous home. You are a sick and miserable person. Abeg carry your frustrations comot for this thread.
says the maga that can't differentiate between mother and wife. All you mummy's boys should marry your mothers and stop frustrating young girls' lives.

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Ghost447(m): 6:35am On Aug 30, 2016
Mrsprof:
I hope the same rule will apply when you become a MIL?, Though I don't envisage my mum living with me permanently, God, please give me a wife who will accommodate my mum at all times.
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by ViktorMartins(m): 6:37am On Aug 30, 2016
iRyan:
My mother in law is uber racist and a b*tch too. I been trying to get along with her, and my wife's been trying to get us along too. There's this one time she visited and cooked for just my wife and our miscreant doggy. Yeah she pretended not to know I was home lol. She now visits whenever I am away on a business trip. The bonding process seems to be taking more time than I expected.

Lol! grin
You got a bitcch as a MIL; she doesn't like you
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by charlsecy(m): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Fabulocity:
Would she be in the bedroom with them while they have sex?
If you don't see how the continued presence of a mother-in-law may interfere with the sex life of a couple, it means your idea of intimacy is somewhat limited!

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 30, 2016
specialguest:

God bless you, bless your family in all ramifications.
pls sis counsel dis ladies dat says de can't accommodate der MIL. de 4got dat 1 day de also will b MIL.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by greatman247(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2016
Mrsprof:

Cases of mother in law stay permanently is not common only for short period. And no matter the period women will be the ones that will complain that they will not be comfortable with their mother in law in the house, mostly mainly its not their mother. But if the woman's mother come they will not see any complain. If a mother in law live for a week they will complain but if their biological mother or sibling come over to stay for a month or two they wont complain, and if the husband ask when will your mom or sibling leaves, they will tell the husband, when the house is lonely and you are gone, its my mom that keeps my company and assist with house chores. Not all women do this though but majority of Nigerian women are selfish minded.
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by FinestPINACLE(f): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2016
gonkraziiiiii:
Even my own mum visits n stays for sum days n she's crying she wants to go to her house....Omor I no dey for MIL staying for more than a WK o...maybe when I born ehennnn ....and even at dat Abeg do come go Abeg....if she stays with me she wld frustrate me to be too nice....I'd have to away plate immediately after eating instead of whenever I feel like,sweep daily....i wldnt b free in ma house .....can't even move around naked.....pls I b boss for ma house but once she's around...over good girl mode activated....but God blessed me with a good mil sha but Abeg dey call me for phone from ur house ehnnn
chai dix is soooo meeee!!! wash wen I feel like, sweep wen I feel like!

if she is arnd chai no time to pass time. just do d needful.

I love her loads though.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Oluwashegunnn(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Seahawk:
says the maga that can't differentiate between mother and wife. All you mummy's boys should marry your mothers and stop frustrating young girls' lives.
...are you insuniating that if a man gets married 2 u he should 4get his mum and face u squarely...dont 4get u will be a MIL one day..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wife's Infidelity; Please Advise. / Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.