Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust (8649 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by chemicalDisease: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
Never negotiate with terrorists. Brutal force is the only language they understand. It will deter other groups from springing up. Just like the military force applied against the biafran terrorists in the south east, the economic terrorists called militants should also be wiped out
But govt. can negotiate with bokoharam.

You need ghost slap

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Izonpikin: 7:27am On Aug 26, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Listen carefully: You only have a voice to grandstand because your villages and relatives have not come under the heavy shelling of the Air Force and amphibian forces.

I marvel at seemingly kindergarteners that are ignoring the real risk of collateral damage when (not if) the military fully engages the militants in an all out war. Do you think it's the farmer in Kebbi that will be affected?

I know you're hurt and don't want to appear weak by succumbing to the FG openly, but apply wisdom and consider the unavoidable consequences of your support for terrorism in your homeland.

War is not childsplay. Think.
rather it is the FG that will forever succumb to the dictates of the Militants or Niger deltans. ...don't you get it??...as long the FG needs oil they must negotiate...

We have all thought about (both FG and the Niger delta) that is why forever there would always be negotiation...

Or nobody gets the oil...

Let the FG go and farm...I thought they were yapping about farming...

Block heads in government....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by QuotaSystem: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
rather it is the FG that will forever succumb to the dictates of the Militants or Niger deltans. ...don't you get it??...as long the FG needs oil they must negotiate...

We have all thought about (both FG and the Niger delta) that is why forever there would always be negotiation...

Or nobody gets the oil...

Let the FG go and farm...I thought they were yapping about farming...

Block heads in government....

Okay. I will remind you.
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Izonpikin: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2016
chemicalDisease:

But govt. can negotiate with bokoharam.

You need ghost slap
this is the same government that wouldn't care if sea pirates render the people of the Niger delta insecured. ...now that is about oil they are training crocodiles.... grin

Nonsense...They must negotiate...forever and ever...nobody can force a region to take what belongs to them...no one...The army can shoot all Niger deltans...It won't make them drill and lift oil

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 26, 2016
This guys are now terrorist .we cant negotiate with terrorist
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2016
For those who might want to learn a thing or two

1. Fighting a faceless enemy like NDA means you never get to declare victory because you never know when they have been defeated or not. Government can bring in all the armoury they have but it will be a never ending battle. All NDA needs is to do random faceless attacks from time to time to keep the area battle up

2. Petroleum business and armed conflict does not mix. As long as the threat for explosion remains, no firm can operate. A single incendiary on any facility can cause total catastrophic destruction. The helicopter and drones can only provide surveillance. Real fighting needs airforce bombers to drop bombs on potentially explosive pipelines and structures. A sustained fighting will cause damage by either the government or nda and that will be a loose loose for everyone

3. Talks are in place my oil majors to begin selling off their exposed assets. They cannot handle the insurance liabilities of such a carnage. This is not a good time for that with oil at all time low. Data shiws a liss of 800,000 barrels per day. The oil we have in lagos is just 5000 barrels per day. You don't think loosing N11 billion naira per day is chicken change.

4. Finally, this is not the end, a temporary ceasefire gives them a better place for negotiation since everyone has seen what they can do. Unlike your boko haram friends, Nda respect elders. They also are not suicidal or seek to harm innocents

5. I personally think the negotiations for ceasefire was initiated when Soyinka visited buhari a couple of weeks ago. This was followed by ijaw youthc council annoucement and finally NDA ceasefire.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by coalcoal1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
Soyinka, will you agree to be the spokesman for the government?
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
It is better to jaw jaw than to war. Bomb Niger Delta into submission and continue exploiting oil from the region. And you think that the survivors will be happy? What sort of unity and oneness by conquest is that?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by deathmen12: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
Never negotiate with terrorists. Brutal force is the only language they understand. It will deter other groups from springing up. Just like the military force applied against the biafran terrorists in the south east, the economic terrorists called militants should also be wiped out
clap for urself agbaya like u, wen bokoharam was killing pple in d north, d economy was booming, bt wen militants blow up pipeline without killing a single soul. even d baby in womb feel d heat, that shld send u dis ur kill dem kill dem govt a clear msg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Enrichlee(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
Godfullsam:
I hope the president will listen to the advice.
How can he Haven't you heard, all advice henceforth must be in writing in a private memo addressed to the president! His deafness has just been confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by chidiillah(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
[color=#000000][/color],buhari lead government let them do so in time, to avoid hardship in the country,

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by aimuan(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
ur economy is in shambles and people are dying.are u not aware that buhari has bn begging NDA?stay there and continue to shout u don't negotiate with terrorist,if that's what u prefer calling them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by holyfather(m): 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:

you think from your anu.s,obviously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Godbest(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
ok
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by odomanis: 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:

Just like the FG crushed the Biafran terrorists, militants will be defeated. Bokoharam has been reduced to a toothless dog. They can only bark but can't bite

You boasting with crushing non violent armless protesters in the south east ? If you don't know,people like you are justifying the call by some south easterners that IPOB should get weapons and arm themselves. Do you sincerely think that if thoses ocean of protesters in the south were armed,you would have crushed them,just like that ? You better support efforts for non violent resolution of issues because anything else wont even pay you. You wont be spared.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by AgentOrange: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
fiizznation:
The FG shouldn't engage in any silly dialogue with those miscreants. Force should be used on the militants. That's how the problem will be solved once and for all

When will the FG use force on the rampaging murderous fulani militia?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by hylyne(m): 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:

You are really bitter leaf soup.
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by IMEAN(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
omenka:
My question remains; why have the terrorists suddenly become inclined to dialogue?? Didn't they say they could continue blowing things up until not a single drop of crude is exported from the region?? Didn't they swear to keep up their campaign until the economy is completely grounded?? Didn't they swear to tear down the walls of this building until Niger Delta Republic is granted them??

If my intuition serves me right, I'd wager the FG has landed a big prize in her military campaign and the cowards are jittery over the consequences of keeping up their shenanigans- shiit's most likely about to blow up in their faces.

Their propaganda appears to have lost a whole lot of traction with the revelations made by the breakaway faction and the arrest of some of their members (whose membership they of course denied), but I haven't the slightest doubt in my mind the captives must have been singing more than canaries in detention. Moreso, they've lost a lot of domestic support as it is becoming all too obvious who the primary victims of their idiotic activities are- they very people they claim to be "fighting for".

If the government decides to dialogue with them, fine, but the question remains- how many such groups would the government dialogue with today and in future

There is an old adage that says for peace, be prepared for war. First world countries have the kind of military capabilities they do not because they desire to go to war with anyone but because they understand the essence of having such structures on ground- it is the best deterrent to trouble makers both within and outside the country. As long as we don't upgrade our security armament to meet best global standard, this vicious circle of negotiating with one ragtag group of miscreants after another would go on forever!
Is it just me, or are you not aware that there's a difference between terrorist and militants.? That being said can you please direct your advise to your president. He is the one to take actions. No amount of nairaland advise will change that.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by nortcentrallord(m): 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
A man (Nigeria) can beat, insult and victimize his wife (Niger Delta) during the day but when night (need for oil revenue) comes and there is cold (scarcity) and he needs to get his dick wet (money and resources), he will need that tiny little spot between the wife's leg (oil)

Only the wize will deduce, digest and agree with me.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by nortcentrallord(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
I thought they said oil is now insignificant int he scheme of things yet they won't leave that of ND alone for them. Yet they are searching for it in the north. Yet they are even extending the search to the Benue Trough. I hope they begin to explore that of the Benue basin soon so that Omenka can witness what the NDans 'v witnessed over the years.

Come to think of it, the way these zom*bies are very active this week, I am suspecting that they have just been paid their salary for their social media defense of propaganda. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Ritchiee: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
nnachukz:
With this mindset, you will search for love forever because you don't deserve to be loved.
Change your moniker to searching for hate.

Yes,his sobriquet says it all.He should not be loved if he continues to fail to reason positively.It is pertinent that Buhari dialogues with the militants because they are fighting for a just cause albeit wrongly.
I AM IMPLORING BUHARI TO CHOOSE JAW JAW RATHER THAN WAR WAR....

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by kernel504(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:

I don't mind been banned. Your father is a terrorist, beggar from Waste.
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by orisa37: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
Very funny. See Monkey how he is squeezing life out of a Goat. So Bubu is a Monkey and NDA is a Goat. Please take them both to The Hague.
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
kernel504:

I don't mind been banned. Your father is a terrorist, beggar from Waste.

Mynd44
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by flokii: 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
What is prof. saying sef.. How do you expect us to encourge laziness, people sitting all day doing nothing, expecting d country to bow at their feet.

When we have qualified candidates, some will be there receiving contracts they dnt merit, making useless demands

Rubbish and nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by rrhostomy(m): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2016
OK. There are already negotiating with Ijaw leaders. Restructuring and the practice of true federalism is the way forward in this country. This way,it would be easier to hold your 'domestic' leader accountable for any mismagement of funds. Back to the topic, enough of the carrot approach,lets turn to the stick process while having the development of the creeks at the back of our mind. I say NO to any form of terrorism and militancy. What the federal government should be engaged in is the development of the Niger delta and not renumeration of some militants just as it was done for MEND.
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by kernel504(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
You're looking the wrong way, l won't be banned... Coward by default, bring it on

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Emir Of Dutse Endorses Amaechi For President / Corruption Allegations: Atiku Suffering From Early Signs Of Depression —APC / PDP: House Caucus Call For Buhari's Impeachment Is Constitutional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.