Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Scotland Allows Hijab As Part Of Police Uniform - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Scotland Allows Hijab As Part Of Police Uniform (545 Views)

Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters / Muric To Hold A Press Conference On Firdaus Amasa's Hijab Saga / The Correct Hijab – Hands And Face Covered Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scotland Allows Hijab As Part Of Police Uniform by muteeu(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
Muslim women who join the Scottish police force can now wear the hijab as part of their uniform.
Previously, they had to obtain permission but now it is an optional part of the uniform for those wishing to wear it.
This move follows the London Metropolitan Police who already allow the female police officers to wear the hijab.
The change in uniform rules was announced via a tweet by Police Scotland:
The hijab is now an optional part of Police Scotland uniform.
The police force wanted to represent the communities it serves. Chief Constable Phil Gormley said:
“I am delighted to make this announcement and welcome the support from both the Muslim community, and the wider community, as well as police officers and staff.
“Like many other employers, especially in the public sector, we are working towards ensuring our service is representative of the communities we serve.”I hope that this addition to our uniform options will contribute to making our staff mix more diverse and adds to the life skills, experiences and personal qualities that our officers and staff bring to policing the communities of Scotland.”
Fahad Bashir, chair of the Scottish Police Muslim Association (SPMA) said:
“This is a positive step in the right direction, and I am delighted that Police Scotland is taking productive steps in order to ensure that our organisation is seen to be inclusive and represents the diverse communities that we serve across Scotland.
“No doubt this will encourage more women from Muslim and minority ethnic backgrounds to join Police Scotland.”
Whilst many European countries are working to place restrictions on the Hijab, its wonderful to see Scottish Police being considerate of Hijab wearers.

ilmfeed.com/scotland-allows-hijab-as-part-of-police-uniform/

ilmfeed.com/scotland-allows-hijab-as-part-of-police-uniform/
Re: Scotland Allows Hijab As Part Of Police Uniform by Myluv1: 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
Wrong move Scotland. When other EU nations like France, Holland etc are just waking up, you guys are going into slumber. My heart goes out to y'all future generation.
Re: Scotland Allows Hijab As Part Of Police Uniform by muteeu(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Myluv1:
Wrong move Scotland. When other EU nations like France, Holland etc are just waking up, you guys are going into slumber. My heart goes out to y'all future generation.
they are working towards ensuring their service is representative of the communities we serve.” and dat is justice and equality... may Allah show light

1 Like

Re: Scotland Allows Hijab As Part Of Police Uniform by muteeu(m): 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Myluv1:
they are working towards ensuring their service is representative of the communities they serve. meanwhile, Muslims is among their community” and dat is justice and equality... may Allah show u light

1 Like

Re: Scotland Allows Hijab As Part Of Police Uniform by Myluv1: 7:03am On Aug 31, 2016
muteeu:
they are working towards ensuring their service is representative of the communities they serve. meanwhile, Muslims is among their community” and dat is justice and equality... may Allah show u light

By de-secularizing their country's laws? Who says muslim policewomen can't do their jobs effectively without the hijab?

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Woman Donates Rice To Over 50 Christian Widows, For Xmas / Bidah Citations From Quran And Sunnah / Why The Needs For Special Prayer Mat For Imam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.