Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? (10215 Views)

I Feel Very Emotional About This News. Hmm, After 49 Years?? Unbelievable! Pics / Brief History Of Nigeria Between 1849-1960 Of Independence / My 49 Years Old Aunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 02, 2009
honeyguy you're hilarious. for one you can't compare the growth rate of a developed country to that of a developing country. Primary school economics should teach you that. Sorry bro a lotta ish you said didn't make any sense
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by honsule(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2009
honeyguy:

i frankly understand what y'all saying about this country. i think one of the major problems we have in Nigeria is that we are not exposed! alot of you complaining about NIGERIA getting worse and all that are obviously not exposed. most nigerians just go to school and gather degrees like note books but lack the understanding of what is going on in the real world. i saw someone comparing nigeria to china, fyi china has more poverty than nigeria. USA known as one of the worlds superpower country has begers on the street just as nigeria does, usa owes $12,250,000,000,000 while nigeria only owes $9,132,000,000 big difference.if you have been opportuned to visit north america, you'll understand that despite the fact that they seem better than nigeria, you will understand that its a credit world. you live and wake up in credits. why do you think that lots of foreingh investors want to invest in nigeria and canada? they are smart to understand that there is insecurity and lack electricity, yet they still wanna invest in nigeria. majority of the people complaining about nigeria would get visas to the so called developed countries to find out that the so called developed countries are not bed of roses; most of them result in fraud to survive. in economics, there are major objectives of government, they are mostly growth rate and equity. in the real world, is easier for a camel to pass through the needle than for an over populated country to attain equity. the economic growth rate of nigeria is 5.3, usa 1.1, south africa 3.2 big difference. of a truth our major problem is leadership and that is making nigeria lack behind but think about nigerian market, one of the best. nigeria is not as bad as people think, majorty of these so called developed countries only deceive people with the good parts of their land but when you actually find out the other side, you will appreciate nigeria, if you see majority of the jobs pople do in these so called developed countries, where they live, you will appreciate nigeria. most nigerians abroad are not happy in those developed countries but cannot go back home because of shame. imagine 7yrs ago in toronto, an ex room mate of mine, a nigerian was sick and the doctors told him he had only six months to live, his friends were ready to buy his ticket to nigeria so atleast he could see his family before he dies, he refused claiming that he rather die in toronto than to face the shame of not acuiring anything all his 10yrs abroad. yet he's in a developed country. let us change our ways from corruption and pray for our leaders and nigeria wll be great again

word.God bless u
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by StEdwin(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2009
Nothing!!!
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by honsule(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2009
we over blow our problems out of proportion.IF Nigeria is a failure @ 49 then you too a failure.The question is:what are u doing in your own ways to better things in this country.All fingers are not equal so,stop all these comparisons with USA,UK,China etc.Nigeria is just unique.No country like Naija.
NAIJA 4 LIFE. cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by bidemi12(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2009
@Honsule I hate to say this but it is either you are the daftest Nigerian in Nigeria or you are just waking up from a coma and do not know what has been happening these past 49 years. What exactly is being blown out of proportion? is it the crime rate or the corrupt government or the school system? I can go on and on. And for your information we are speaking up, that is what we are doing about it. All revolutions are started with words of discontent. Keep quiet and the tyrany will persist. And why should we not compare ourselves to other countries that have and are getting it right? should we compare ourselves to the one's that are getting it wrong? And what do you mean that Nigeria is just unique? are you saying we are unique in our ways of perpetuating insane ways of life and it is okay? Please dont come and confuse us here. Are you a politician or are you one of those lucky few fellows back home who have it good and want the status quo to continue? My guy, take time.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2009
honsule:

we over blow our problems out of proportion.IF Nigeria is a failure @ 49 then you too a failure.The question is:what are u doing in your own ways to better things in this country.All fingers are not equal so,stop all these comparisons with USA,UK,China etc.Nigeria is just unique.No country like Naija.
NAIJA 4 LIFE. cool cool cool
Yes 9ja 4life but on the other hand , I want to believe u r very comfortable.Do u knw hw many graduates roam d streets of Lagos in search of jobs?   . Yet all these scoundrels keep granting uncollateralised loan to their counterpart in govt  shocked . 9ja is still d best is just dat our leadership is arrrrrgggghhhhh  angry angry angry so annoying
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Ben13: 8:43am On Oct 02, 2009
Nigeria succeded in creating more states grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2009
Fortissimo:

honeyguy you're hilarious. for one you can't compare the growth rate of a developed country to that of a developing country. Primary school economics should teach you that. Sorry bro a lotta ish you said didn't make any sense
Tell him. . . . grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by McDoe(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2009
Democracy, of course! And I think every other thing will soon be added.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by McDoe(m): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2009
honeyguy:

i frankly understand what y'all saying about this country. i think one of the major problems we have in Nigeria is that we are not exposed! alot of you complaining about NIGERIA getting worse and all that are obviously not exposed. most nigerians just go to school and gather degrees like note books but lack the understanding of what is going on in the real world. i saw someone comparing nigeria to china, fyi china has more poverty than nigeria. USA known as one of the worlds superpower country has begers on the street just as nigeria does, usa owes $12,250,000,000,000  while nigeria only owes $9,132,000,000 big difference.if you have been opportuned to visit north america, you'll understand that despite the fact that they seem better than nigeria, you will understand that its a credit world. you live and wake up in credits. why do you think that lots of foreingh investors want to invest in nigeria and canada? they are smart to understand that there is insecurity and lack electricity,  yet they still wanna invest in nigeria. majority of the people complaining about nigeria would get visas to the so called developed countries to find out that the so called developed countries are not bed of roses; most of them result in fraud to survive. in economics, there are major objectives of government, they are mostly growth rate and equity. in the real world, is easier for a camel to pass through the needle than for an over populated country to attain equity. the economic growth rate of nigeria is 5.3, usa 1.1, south africa 3.2 big difference. of a truth our major problem is leadership and that is making nigeria lack behind but think about nigerian market, one of the best. nigeria is not as bad as people think, majorty of these so called developed countries only deceive people with the good parts of their land but when you actually find out the other side, you will appreciate nigeria, if you see majority of the jobs pople do in these so called developed countries, where they live, you will appreciate nigeria. most nigerians abroad are not happy in those developed countries but cannot go back home because of shame. imagine 7yrs ago in toronto, an ex room mate of mine, a nigerian was sick and the doctors told him he had only six months to live, his friends were ready to buy his ticket to nigeria so atleast he could see his family before he dies, he refused claiming that he rather die in toronto than to face the shame of not acuiring anything all his 10yrs abroad. yet he's in a developed country. let us change our ways from corruption and pray for our leaders and nigeria wll be great again

You may be right. At least, there are other things, natural or otherwise that are blessings to us(Nigeria)
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by ucnduka(f): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2009
@honeyguy,I agree with u. The fact that nigeria has not achieved anything at 49 is OLD NEWS.I believe like me, most people here have been complaining about the state of the nation since they could talk but for me I have quit complaining cause nothing has changed. The problem and solution of the situation naija is LEADERSHIP but how can we have good leaders when we don't have good people. Our nation is filled with civil servants who are corrupt, students who indulge in exam malpractice instead of reading their books,people who encourage lying and stealing(Yes! we encourage stealing because if your brother becomes the local govt chairman and does not build a mansion in 6 months you would consider him stupid. Yes! we encourage stealing because we all see this nation as a cake and are waiting patiently to get our own piece. We have the mentality of NOW NOW, SHARP SHARP the man who steals the most is the big boy .So, ask me why we will not have youths in prisons abroad when our mentality supports stealing and everything corrupt). The fact that we are not in leadership does not make us saints as we all share the same mentality. Whether we like it or not, it is the citizenry that would take up the leadership so if we don't start changing our mindset now, we will continue suffer under bad leadership as an ordinary citizen today would become a leader tomorrow. GOD BLESS NAIJA.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Biatide1: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2009
@chosen04

bless you sister,

It is good to say positve things about one's country, but the truth is THERE IS NOTHING POSITVE ABOUT THE PRESENT NIGERIA WE LIVE IN,

we are gradually drifting into a state of zero power supply, tanx to PHCN
All the manufacturing companies in Nigeria are moving to Ghana where there is steady power supply, who gave Ghana electricity?

this migration of firms means obvious unemployment for the so called increased number of graduates.

Security is completely at zero level, people sneak up to people anytime, anywhere and snuff life out of them with no traces of identification of culprit.

Governors are sworn in today, thrown out tomorow because there entry was doubtful,

Talk about the labour market, how does the labour law cover the worker in private company, who is made to work for more than the stipulated time with no over time pay and threat to sack should he protest?

What about all the corrupt leaders being arrested by EFCC  yet nothing is heard about it later,

Nigeria is richly blessed with natural resources but are they  all not neglected for crude oil?,

Honestly speaking the effect of Bad governance, non commitment on the part of leaders has ruined and will continue to ruin all endevours untill there is a revolution,  

I beg I wan go Biafra
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Nezan(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2009
Is there anything to celebrate . . . undecided . . .?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Connoisseur(m): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2009
I refuse to accept that we ve not achieved anything in our 49years. Nigeria has achieved more at 49 than most of the countries we call developed achieved at 70. We re not progressing as expected but we ll get there. All we need is a set of determined leaders to get us there. Long live Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2009
Connoisseur:

I refuse to accept that we ve not achieved anything in our 49years. Nigeria has achieved more at 49 than most of the countries we call developed achieved at 70. We re not progressing as expected but we ll get there. All we need is a set of determined leaders to get us there. Long live Nigeria.
  shocked shocked shocked
obviously u r a politician's son  for u to have spoken like this grin . Cos only politician have achieved something in 49 yrs .
Nigeria has achieved more at 49 than most of the countries we call developed achieved at 70.
can u pls cite examples frm the excerpt ^^^^^^^
Quest: wat hv we achieved more then d developed countries angry angry
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by bidemi12(m): 10:33am On Oct 02, 2009
@honeyguy   well i must say that your arguement is well composed and somewhat logical but in some areas you made conjectures based on hearsay and not from direct experience. First of all i believe the Nigerians that are complaining are very much justified in doing so. There is no reason why we should be living in abject povery as we are right now. we are too blessed for that. 2) Granted America is owing money but at least we know what they are using the money for. Can you say the same of our county? I have lived here for years and i have never witnessed a minute of power failure. 3)Why in the first place will i want to live in another man's land if not for a better life for me and my family? And why wont i when the leadership in my country is stiffling me? 4)Apart from the value of the currency which is a goldmine back home, America represents the opportunity to become whatever and whoever you want to be. The whole society is structured in such a way that whether you like it or not you are encouraged to advance yourself to succeed. can you say the same about our beloved country? The credit system you mentioned applies only to Americans because that is their culture. I am a Nigerian with a background which taught me to save up for whatever i need. so why should i take credit? why should i buy a house when i can build one back home? why should i buy a new car when i can buy one cheaper at an auction. My point being that because a Nigerian lives abroad does not mean he forgets where he comes from. 5) the reason why people come here and achieve nothing is simply because America is not a lawless country. People come here with visitor visa and decide to stay. Big mistake. with that kind of visa nobody will employ you or rent an apartment for you or allow you to open an account. Ask anyone who has papers if he has achieved anything and see the answer you will get. Abject lesson, do not come here if you do not have the correct papers. And like i said before why would i want to come here in the first place if not for the situation back home. The investors you mentioned are business men. If we as Nigerians cannot see our potential does not mean others cant. When they make their profits do you think they keep it in our banks? of course not. They take it back home. No one in their right minds will ever compare Nigeria to a place like Ghana not to talk of America. God punish all those leaders who have put us in this situatuon
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2009
bidemi12:

@honeyguy well i must say that your arguement is well composed and somewhat logical but in some areas you made conjectures based on hearsay and not from direct experience. First of all i believe the Nigerians that are complaining are very much justified in doing so. There is no reason why we should be living in abject povery as we are right now. we are too blessed for that. 2) Granted America is owing money but at least we know what they are using the money for. Can you say the same of our county? I have lived here for years and i have never witnessed a minute of power failure. 3)Why in the first place will i want to live in another man's land if not for a better life for me and my family? And why wont i when the leadership in my country is stiffling me? 4)Apart from the value of the currency which is a goldmine back home, America represents the opportunity to become whatever and whoever you want to be. The whole society is structured in such a way that whether you like it or not you are encouraged to advance yourself to succeed. can you say the same about our beloved country? The credit system you mentioned applies only to Americans because that is their culture. I am a Nigerian with a background which taught me to save up for whatever i need. so why should i take credit? why should i buy a house when i can build one back home? why should i buy a new car when i can buy one cheaper at an auction. My point being that because a Nigerian lives abroad does not mean he forgets where he comes from. 5) the reason why people come here and achieve nothing is simply because America is not a lawless country. People come here with visitor visa and decide to stay. Big mistake. with that kind of visa nobody will employ you or rent an apartment for you or allow you to open an account. Ask anyone who has papers if he has achieved anything and see the answer you will get. Abject lesson, do not come here if you do not have the correct papers. And like i said before why would i want to come here in the first place if not for the situation back home. The investors you mentioned are business men. If we as Nigerians cannot see our potential does not mean others cant. When they make their profits do you think they keep it in our banks? of course not. They take it back home. No one in their right minds will ever compare Nigeria to a place like Ghana not to talk of America. God punish all those leaders who have put us in this situatuon
U r very knowledgable my brother n i agree with u totally. as for ur points 1 - 5 , I can testify cos my kokolet grin has papers and she resides in Ohio, to my surprise she still sends money home to build a house.If i tell her pple r really complaining abt america,she will laugh and tell me to shut up shocked .For once she has nvr complain 2 me.As for her she nvr want to come home for any reason.When ur own home is becoming too unbearable to be called shelter,do u think installing 1000 split AC's will bring u satisfaction grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by globatop: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2009
@ Duality:  It is good to be positive or optimistic, but our leader  might not know the effect of their governance on the generality of the masses. If we pretend that things are rosy, then the change could be ellusive.

@Honeyguy:  Thanks for the info, but those countries you refer to have many social infrastructure in place, unlike Nigeria where everyone will run gen, drill borehole to get water, has to be an employer rather been employed.

The problem of our country lies in implementation of LAW. What exactly will change the mindset of any youth when those that has been embezling money or run bad government (since 1960) are still walking the street freely.   Knowing fully well that they have been deprived of their legitimate social ammenities, after fighting tooth and nail to get to power, youth will even do worse.

The EFCC boss once said pple seeking public office should be examined pscharatically, that statement really mean that our present political leaders' sanity is questionable.

Think about that.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2009
globatop:

The problem of our country lies in implementation of LAW. What exactly will change the mindset of any youth when those that has been embezling money or run bad government (since 1960) are still walking the street freely.   Knowing fully well that they have been deprived of their legitimate social ammenities, after fighting tooth and nail to get to power, youth will even do worse.

The EFCC boss once said pple seeking public office should be examined pscharatically, that statement really mean that our present political leaders' sanity is questionable.
Think about that.
This is d major problem of  9ja .We keep our eyes closed to wat we should stand and fight against. If the so-called activist(who ought to be fighting for d masses) tries to fight,they will get bribed along d line by those heartless and visionless un-elected GOATS n d whole thing will just die.Look @ Oshiomole n Dora Akunyili as a typical example cry cry  We r heading no where in 9ja  embarassed cry . Really, come to think of it. D pple turning this nation of 140million citizens upside down are not up to 400 in number  shocked .I still wonder y 400 pple r holding 140million pple to ransom all because of GODFATHERISM  embarassed cry . Something NEEDS to be done and FAST. So help us GOD .  wink
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Oluschenco(m): 11:23am On Oct 02, 2009
Nigeria has achieved unity, I mean people thought Nigeria should have fallen/divided by now.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Ajike: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2009
somebody said this and I qoute: can Nigerians manage anyting? Oyinbos managed the country before 1960s, and we had roads, railway, telephone, running water, clean gutters, GRAs, ECN, well matained colonia buildings, a fantastic civil service (almost curruption free), a populance with good values, good government hsopitals, a good educational system (primary and secondary) and a first class university. Now what do we have? Bank Thieves and the most corrupt management team both in the civil service and the private sector. Look at the multinationals - Oyinbos have taken thier companies back before Nigerians ruin them - Unilever, Nestle, Cadbury, Nigerian Breweries, Guinnes,, P&G etc. Where there are no proper Oyinbos, they bring us Indians or some other Kora. Big shame! At 49, the country is still retarded. Good people of a Great nation, we can still make it. 2011 is around the corner let us salvage this country 2gether
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2009
Oluschenco:

Nigeria has achieved unity, I mean people thought Nigeria should have fallen/divided by now.
pls for hw long did USSR maintain her unity ? For as long as I can remember,it was btw 1927 and 1987 b4 d soviet union was finally dissolved in dec 26 1991?   .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Soviet_Union_(1985%E2%80%931991)
Its just 49yrs of commotion consequent upon ethnic discrepancy and religious bigotry  grin
Lets wait n see what elites in this our generation will do. Sit back n watch d 2011 episode of wat I refer to as "Nigeria's Revolution"  wink wink

Ajike:

somebody said this and I qoute: can Nigerians manage anyting? Oyinbos managed the country before 1960s, and we had roads, railway, telephone, running water, clean gutters, GRAs, ECN, well matained colonia buildings, a fantastic civil service (almost curruption free), a populance with good values, good government hsopitals, a good educational system (primary and secondary) and a first class university. Now what do we have? Bank Thieves and the most corrupt management team both in the civil service and the private sector. Look at the multinationals - Oyinbos have taken thier companies back before Nigerians ruin them - Unilever, Nestle, Cadbury, Nigerian Breweries, Guinnes,, P&G etc. Where there are no proper Oyinbos, they bring us Indians or some other Kora. Big shame! At 49, the country is still retarded. Good people of a Great nation, we can still make it. 2011 is around the corner let us salvage this country 2gether
Ajike we r together. I know one thing for sure: No one will build Nigeria 4 us.Nigeria will be built by Nigerians in this our own generation come 2011  wink
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Nezan(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2009
@poster, you should have started by listing out your personal achievements at your age . angry . .
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Holla2: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
i can only say God bless Nigeria. The problems fit scatter person brain
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
Nezan:

@poster, you should have started by listing out your personal achievements at your age . angry . .
Becoming a member of Nairaland land is one of his achievement grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by desthan(m): 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2009
*belched long & loud making a satisfying resonance in the room, whistles den moves on * undecided
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Vavavoom(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2009
bidemi12:

@honeyguy   well i must say that your arguement is well composed and somewhat logical but in some areas you made conjectures based on hearsay and not from direct experience. First of all i believe the Nigerians that are complaining are very much justified in doing so. There is no reason why we should be living in abject povery as we are right now. we are too blessed for that. 2) Granted America is owing money but at least we know what they are using the money for. Can you say the same of our county? I have lived here for years and i have never witnessed a minute of power failure. 3)Why in the first place will i want to live in another man's land if not for a better life for me and my family? And why wont i when the leadership in my country is stiffling me? 4)Apart from the value of the currency which is a goldmine back home, America represents the opportunity to become whatever and whoever you want to be. The whole society is structured in such a way that whether you like it or not you are encouraged to advance yourself to succeed. can you say the same about our beloved country? The credit system you mentioned applies only to Americans because that is their culture. I am a Nigerian with a background which taught me to save up for whatever i need. so why should i take credit? why should i buy a house when i can build one back home? why should i buy a new car when i can buy one cheaper at an auction. My point being that because a Nigerian lives abroad does not mean he forgets where he comes from. 5) the reason why people come here and achieve nothing is simply because America is not a lawless
country. People come here with visitor visa and decide to stay. Big mistake. with that kind of visa nobody will employ you or rent an apartment for you or allow you to open an account. Ask anyone who has papers if he has achieved anything and see the answer you will get. Abject lesson, do not come here if you do not have the correct papers. And like i said before why would i want to come here in the first place if not for the situation back home. The investors you mentioned are business men. If we as Nigerians cannot see our potential does not mean others cant. When they make their profits do you think they keep it in our banks? of course not. They take it back home. No one in their right minds will ever compare Nigeria to a place like Ghana not to talk of America. God punish all those leaders who have put us in this situatuon

uc nduka link=topic=331238.msg4651678#msg4651678 date=1254472007:

@honeyguy,I agree with u. The fact that nigeria has not achieved anything at 49 is OLD NEWS.I believe like me, most people here have been complaining about the state of the nation since they could talk but for me I have quit complaining cause nothing has changed. The problem and solution of the situation naija is LEADERSHIP but how can we have good leaders when we don't have good people. Our nation is filled with civil servants who are corrupt, students who indulge in exam malpractice instead of reading their books,people who encourage lying and stealing(Yes! we encourage stealing because if your brother becomes the local govt chairman and does not build a mansion in 6 months you would consider him stupid. Yes! we encourage stealing because we all see this nation as a cake and are waiting patiently to get our own piece. We have the mentality of NOW NOW, SHARP SHARP the man who steals the most is the big boy .So, ask me why we will not have youths in prisons abroad when our mentality supports stealing and everything corrupt). The fact that we are not in leadership does not make us saints as we all share the same mentality. Whether we like it or not, it is the citizenry that would take up the leadership so if we don't start changing our mindset now, we will continue suffer under bad leadership as an ordinary citizen today would become a leader tomorrow. GOD BLESS NAIJA.

Bidemi and Uc Nduka, both have spoken well.  Nduka you hit it right on the head with your '' Yes! we encourage stealing because if your brother becomes the local govt chairman and does not build a mansion in 6 months you would consider him stupid. Yes! we encourage stealing because we all see this nation as a cake and are waiting patiently to get our own piece. We have the mentality of NOW NOW, SHARP SHARP the man who steals the most is the big boy .So, ask me why we will not have youths in prisons abroad when our mentality supports stealing and everything corrupt).'' Mentally a lot of us Nigerians are fighting this battle of Sharp-sharp and Now-now, some conscious others don't even recognise until totally drawn in.
Our leaders are a reflection of the kind of people we are, so we can't demand quality where we are short. That simple. We can't want/demand good infrastructure and simultaneously desire our kin loot the treasure to meet our aspirations. E NO GO WORK DAT WAY. That's the crux of the matter.
It is easy to point at the leadership because that is who we see. But the followership is equally guilty of conniving either conscietously or indifferently.
No body likes a pot-holed road but and why it is good to shout how many of us are not playing with the pipper? Enough said.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Louisidowu(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2009
we've been described as a suffering and smiling nation but what can we possibly do,

Nigeria is actually dancing backwards 49 year after independence, and its a fact no matter how much of rebranding we feign doing!

shocked
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
Louisidowu:

we've been described as a suffering and smiling nation but what can we possibly do,

Nigeria is actually dancing backwards 49 year after independence, and its a fact no matter how much of rebranding we feign doing!

shocked
what those idiots called rebranding isnt rebranding it is REBEZZLING grin grin .2009,Year of 7 fold increase in politicians' pockets grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by gbagyiza: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2009
A fool at 40 is a fool forever! I think all the shame should go to the so-called leaders, the prosperity will not forgive them for their unhuman contributions to the retrogression of this country. They should all be ashamed of themselves. What have they achieved?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by gbagyiza: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
A fool at 40 is a fool forever! I think all the shame should go to the so-called leaders, the prosperity will not forgive them for their unhuman contributions to the retrogression of this country. They should all be ashamed of themselves. What have they achieved?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by nethacker(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
gbagyiza:

wat they hv achieved u asked shocked . FYI they hv achieved private refineries outside 9ja and generator manufacturing company that supply 9ja all types of generators grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari / Pope Makes The Illuminati Sign On His Trip To America / ‘N90bn FIRS Fund’: RootsTV Deletes Controversial Video About Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.