Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS (14668 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 6 Reasons Nigerians Should Buy Android Phones / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by abumeinben(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2016
View....

What do they do with generated monies?

Same question to LASG
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by HouseT: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2016
Simple economic analysis, we failed to save during economic BOOM when the price of crude oil was good and at good price and highest barrel per day.. now we are down with economic recession, looking for ways of exploiting the poor masses..seeking for ways to make up the difference.God will punish all those who led us to this wickedness.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Ace16(m): 9:23am On Aug 27, 2016
So stupid of dis govt to put more pressure on Nigerians. Sometimes I wonder if dis pple r familiar with d economical terrain. Pple r suffering nd all they tink abt is aw dey can tax us. Wat did we do 2 deserve all dis? Dis govt indeed wants 2 tk us backward with their devilish policies. I knw 1 day dis table will turn nd they will feel d brunt angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by yorex2011: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2016
Everyday we hear different atrocities these politicians and lawmakers commit. They know what they are doing is wicked, they read the news as well as reactions of Nigerians, heck some might be reading this thread sef and may be laughing because they think they are untouchable.
These are the kinds of demons we have at the helm of affairs. Normally I don't involve myself with the politics if things,
I just feel sorry for Nigerians, the well-meaning ones who are suffering for no reason.

Its really sad

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by columbus007(m): 9:32am On Aug 27, 2016
Buhari the APC president's turn this country to a capitalist society already,a disguise way to kill the media grin
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Walelavender(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2016
Another tax regime gone bad. This government is plummeting in the pool of dearth of effective ideas. Why rob Peter(Poor) to pay Paul (Rich)? We are not matured for this. Let the wealthy pay more. The Private jet owners. Those with fleet of cars. Those with massive profit-oriented business evading and avoiding tax by bribing FIRS!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Dannie2015(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2016
Ds is d change u pple voted for. How many bills have they passed tn favour of d poor since their inception? All they do is think of how to make d already impoverished pple suffer more. Just in case u don't know or u never thot of it. Buhari may not pay for anything again for d rest of his life. It is u n I they re trying to milk dry. Even if d national assembly passes such bill into law, nigerians should better take to d street to protest against it. This myt just be d beginning of more troubles to com. 9% ko, 90% ni. Useless pple.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Jerry2i(m): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I guess if oil prices go up, the taxes will go,and you would be singing PMB praises.

The simple fact is, we are an oil dependent nation. So long as the oil prices were high, we could afford not to tax everyone extra. We wasted the money we could have saved on corruption, and on deceiving Nigerians that we were prosperous. In reality, the basis of our wealth was false.

And the sooner we wake up to that fact and realize that there is no such thing as free lunch, the better.

We are going to have to walk a hard and arduous path to self reliance. I hope APC is interested in that path, beyond raising taxes...they have to fix the lights and end corruption.
Can you please go back to your post and read it again if it makes sense.
If they want to raise more money for the FG why not slash the allowance of the Senate and HOR members to cut down on the country's recurrent expenditure.
Or let government just make the Senate and HOR 'job' to be on a part time basis to save cost.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by NevetsIbot(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2016
I hate this government!!!!? I hate this government!!!!!!!!!! Ugh!!!!! Buhari is badluck!!!!!
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by daniella04: 9:46am On Aug 27, 2016
They will never make a bill that will reduce their salaries now that we are in recession, if truly they have the masses interest at heart.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Temptee101(m): 9:46am On Aug 27, 2016
When shall we stand firm and talk with one voice?

When shall we say NO to these ill treatments from this govt?
We dissipate and channel our energy on attacking and fighting ourselves here while these thievies galivate and party around with our collective wealth.

The last administration hardly made any policy aganist the masses yet we were quick to protest enmass at any slightest provocation
What has happened to save nigeria group, occupy nigeria etc
Where is NLC?

All these nonsense, slavery and wickedness shall stop if we stand together.
We are all cyber warriors, we only have power online and nothing more

Worst of it all is that some people still defend this govt with their last breathe. Shame on all of u

Buhari is not our problem but ourselves

Revolution is the way to gp
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by 4wrd9ja: 9:47am On Aug 27, 2016
Johnrake69:
How is this caused by Bruce now. or you just want to show ICT skills. you have the opportunity to contribute to the debate through this forum but choose to make light of if by poking fun and trying to divert attention from the real issue. we don't have to be partisan when addressing economic issues because the effect is non partisan ,it affects both supporters and non supporters. self preservation is the first law
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by menxer: 9:51am On Aug 27, 2016
Jarus:

A member of the HOR, Honourable Bede Eke Uchenna from Aboh Mbaise/Ngor Okpala Federal Constituency, Imo State.

I think we need to be a little more enlightened in public discourses. Government is a continuum and not everything is about party or the President.

This bill is sponsored by by a PDP Rep after all.

The question should be, is it good or not?, not insulting personalities.

I never insulted anyone regarding this, I asked because knowing who sponsored the bill will better equip one to understand the trajectory of the bill.

You rightly asked, is this bill in our best collective interest?

The telecom sector that is praised as doing well and not affected much by the economic downturn is now targeted by this bill, have they thought out the consequences?

It's little relief knowing the bill is a PDP product.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2016
seunlayi:
Soon they will ask me to start paying for sleeping with my wife
Of course naw, so you'v not heard
They are saving that one for Christmas grin
That will be APC's Christmas gift to Nigerians
Just watch and see

Nigeria is still a learner when it comes to tax, that's why they are just putting it into everything, nothing knowing that there's what they call double taxation which in developed countries are still trying to figure out.
They should kontinue
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Donshemzy1234: 10:01am On Aug 27, 2016
Nigerians will virtually start paying tax for the blood running in their body. Directly 2 the govt's Acct

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by rhektor(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Tax tax tax
When will we be talking about quality services?
Taxy foot

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Johnrake69: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2016
4wrd9ja:

How is this caused by Bruce now. or you just want to show ICT skills. you have the opportunity to contribute to the debate through this forum but choose to make light of if by poking fun and trying to divert attention from the real issue. we don't have to be partisan when addressing economic issues because the effect is non partisan ,it affects both supporters and non supporters. self preservation is the first law

You were just too quick to quote me. Have you seen my comment now? If only you bothered to check if that has been my behavior here.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by toidflex(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2016
This is too much for the masses,who sponsored these bill?why not sponsor property tax that will affect the rich always introducing polices that will affect the poor'i begin to wonder if they are really representing us in that fedral house of rep and senate,
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by slevin1(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2016
This is what happens when we allow rich fools take decisiins that affects our lives on our behalf.
They are slowly asphyxiating this country. They have no single good plan on how to run a country. Now they want to steady the economy on the toils of its already depressed citizens. Clearly we are nothing but pawns. We have always been. We always will be.

#buharinevertalkhimplan#

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Kenny9ice09(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2016
A won Oloshi dede
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by 4wrd9ja: 10:20am On Aug 27, 2016
Temptee101:
When shall we stand firm and talk with one voice?

When shall we say NO to these ill treatments from this govt?
We dissipate and channel our energy on attacking and fighting ourselves here while these thievies galivate and party around with our collective wealth.

The last administration hardly made any policy aganist the masses yet we were quick to protest enmass at any slightest provocation
What has happened to save nigeria group, occupy nigeria etc
Where is NLC?

All these nonsense, slavery and wickedness shall stop if we stand together.
We are all cyber warriors, we only have power online and nothing more

Worst of it all is that some people still defend this govt with their last breathe. Shame on all of u

Buhari is not our problem but ourselves

Revolution is the way to gp

There is no activist in Nigeria ,they all in it for the pecuniary gains, the mass es need people to organized them but they have all been compromised including the clergymen and labour leaders even journalist and some judicial officers are not left out no thanks to tinubu he has been the invisible hand behind them that dictate to them how and when to. respond. he was able to achieved this because of his generosity and farsightedness, he knew the importance of these segment of the society in capturing and maintaining power he went out early to court them and has been sustaining the relationship over time, there fore they will always align with his interest.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by khadaffi(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I guess if oil prices go up, the taxes will go,and you would be singing PMB praises.
Chai! I never knew some people are still as silly as this.

The simple fact is, we are an oil dependent nation. So long as the oil prices were high, we could afford not to tax everyone extra. We wasted the money we could have saved on corruption, and on deceiving Nigerians that we were prosperous. In reality, the basis of our wealth was false.

And has corruption been eliminated. Do you think money is not been siphoned as we speak.

We are going to have to walk a hard and arduous path to self reliance. I hope APC is interested in that path, beyond raising taxes...they have to fix the lights and end corruption.
Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria. This is why we keep going in circles. I could write an epistle on this.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2016
menxer:

I never insulted anyone regarding this, I asked because knowing who sponsored the bill will better equip one to understand the trajectory of the bill.

You rightly asked, is this bill in our best collective interest?

The telecom sector that is praised as doing well and not affected much by the economic downturn is now targeted by this bill, have they thought out the consequences?

It's little relief knowing the bill is a PDP product.

The other part of my post wasn't directed at you, actually. I onnly answered your question and used same post for the comment I came to make.

Thanks for the civility.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 27, 2016
feldido:
Why make policies that will make the poor suffer more? Why not increase taxes for the rich, example Tax anyone with over N2millon annual salary of 9% VAT and more depending on the pay. In that way you can alleviate the poor from suffering. The gap between the rich and the poor is too wide.

You might not like me tagging you but your point is similar to adopting the Islamic zakat system only that it is not up to 9% and has definitely being tested to alleviate poverty.Nice thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by drthiery(m): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2016
omolizzy:
I hope the poor would be able to survive under this government. Just negodu
....lolz...see omo Yoruba Na su Igbo...Dis change ehn
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2016
menxer:
Who sponsored this bill sef?
I am asking the same question, this is just outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by jguy007(m): 10:58am On Aug 27, 2016
seunlayi:
Soon they will ask me to start paying for sleeping with my wife

Lol or for having kids
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Uchefrancis16(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2016
feldido:
Why make policies that will make the poor suffer more? Why not increase taxes for the rich, example Tax anyone with over N2millon annual salary of 9% VAT and more depending on the pay. In that way you can alleviate the poor from suffering. The gap between the rich and the poor is too wide.

My friend sorry to be rude but you just talked without thinking. Tell me is it a crime to be rich? Will the rich die for the poor? Is it a crime to think and make money using ur initiative while others wile away their time, lazying around waiting for manner from above?

If you happen to earn that high, will you still support the 9% deduction u proposed above?

Stop thinking like a poor man. Think think and think at least God gave you that. You weren't born to be poor!
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by UyiIredia(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2016
Which kain useless tax be dat ?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by Joarams(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2016
feldido:

While it's true that the gap btw the rich and the poor is still wide, I would disagree with you that it's a failure of tax law. Right now, there are a lot of people whose monthly tax bill is more than the monthly salaries of many average earners. Also, the poor don't have access to Internet as much and so would already be excluded from this proposed Bill. You and I who have these access should not always think of ourselves as poor even though some of us want to cry more than the bereaved. We must remember that we're part of the privileged few.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by 4wrd9ja: 11:29am On Aug 27, 2016
Johnrake69:

You were just too quick to quote me. Have you seen my comment now? If only you bothered to check if that has been my behavior here.

ok I take back my coment,
we are all feeling pain, hoping for a better society ,where everyone is aware of their rights and the duties of the government
Re: Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS by jice(m): 11:31am On Aug 27, 2016
justicejay:
Tax tax tax at the long run only the poor will suffer for it. cry
This governmet should just create a bank account and inform the poor peole that after collecting your salary or wages just return it to this govt. Acct.
Clueless govt
[size=18pt]Sometimes coming to this platform lightens my mood. [/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Unlock Airtel MIFI Unlimited Alcatel-made / Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! / How Much Does It Cost To Fix Galaxy S10 Screen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.