Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% (22558 Views)

Nigeria’s Cocoa Export Rises by 20% in one year / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by ladyF(f): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2016
uboma:

Hey! You forgot to add this.....

Even LadyF can no longer source for Skrill to buy @ NGN360/$.
hard times indeed are here....

lol
Lmao!!!! Very thoughtful. cheesy This modify button is priceless!!!

Thanks so much. grin
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by uboma(m): 9:46am On Aug 27, 2016
ladyF:
Lmao!!!! Very thoughtful. cheesy This modify button is priceless!!!
Thanks so much. grin

You are welcome. lol I am starting off my day with laughter, its going to be a good day. have a good day LadyF
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by anna101(f): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Buhari why ?? Even chickens don dey skip their daily meal because of the hardship you caused
I caught my goat yesterday eating sand
lwkm
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by ladyF(f): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2016
uboma:

You are welcome.
lol
I am starting off my day with laughter, its going to be a good day.
have a good day LadyF

hehehe. grin

Have a lovely day too dearie... kiss kiss kiss
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by iyke649(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2016
ladyF:
Chai... This change is sweeping through the length and breadth of the country. Even the animals and insects are not spared. cry

Dogs and dog owners are being remanded in prison.
Cows and their fulani herdsmen are being hunted
Chickens are doing 0-1-0 [size=4pt]if you don't know 0-1-0, don't ask me[/size] angry
Rats are being gunned down
Pictures of bush meat being roasted grace our FP daily
Snakes nko? [size=4pt]Oga lala will tell you more about this...[/size]
LadyF no dey even see Skrill to buy at N360/$, even Payoneer scarce gan cry cry cry
Hard times are really upon us...

See you all in 2019. angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Hahahahahah. I love you Lady F. I be ur fan gaaan. U too much grin grin
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by ladyF(f): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2016
iyke649:
Hahahahahah. I love you Lady F. I be ur fan gaaan. U too much grin grin
hehehe love you too dear kiss kiss kiss
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by awoo47: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2016
euromilion:
If things has gone this bad I'll suggest they set the chickens free atleast they can fend for theirselves even if na sand or insects they'll manage am.

If things get to the stage that even animals join hands to cause naija and their leaders,then God have mercy.
we are talking of commercial production. How can u free birds in their thousands. Infact about 90% won't survive and d remaining will be unproductive
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by carinmom(f): 10:50am On Aug 27, 2016
prinsam30:
wrong analysis

One bag of Maize in my area is being sold for N18000, is either you buy or get out, those guys are not smiling at all

Exactly, even in my area in the north, it is being sold for between 17000 and 18000. But the new one is 13000 which is not even fully dry.

2 Likes

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by stchinedu: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Buhari why ??
Even chickens don dey skip their daily meal because of the hardship you caused

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:11am On Aug 27, 2016
CHICKENS ARE NOW OFFERING NIGERIANS A SERVICE undecided
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Standing5(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2016
Flexherbal:
Everything in Nigeria has increased, times two.
The consolation here is that increase in feed prices is a result of farming in Nigeria and not dollar.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by ephi123(f): 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
Cooleasy:

You haven't seen anything. Soon, chickens and goats too will be carrying AK47 to rob people on the road.

Lmaoooo!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by ephi123(f): 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
Standing5:
The consolation here is that increase in feed prices is a result of farming in Nigeria and not dollar.

How is this a consolation? I don't get it..
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by bankable: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
osahonmk:
The news looks abit inconsistent.... from 300, 000 crates per day to 1000... Hmmmm Low cultivation of maize due to boko haram wen we all know boko haram attacks and dominance it's the lowest ever recorded... Okay oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
how can one farmer get 300,000 crates meaning he has over 10million chickens aw is dat possible
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by bigiyaro(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
Mboi2:

Shatap! Ewu! Shey na una voted APC, una sufferings never start.
omo Igbo i hail o.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
wheesin:
this is exactly what is happening in my farm right now. my buddies (agric birds) about 9 of them usually stay indoors and feed 3 times a day. Eating half a bag in 3 days. But now as I am speaking to you, no funds to buy expensive feeds anymore. All the agric birds are all coming out to hustle like their fellow local birds, in fact the competition is so tough, they have involved me into it. I can't drop my pot of rice and beans outside to cook without this birds jumping inside to eat it hot. It's like a competition between the three of us undecided

you are not alone. there is no leftover to feed my chicken. so they are scavenging for themselves.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by darian5735(m): 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Order for your poultry feed from me,08057357961 call,text or whatsapp
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Vincent41(m): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
Adesiji77:

http://punchng.com/chickens-forced-skip-meals-cost-poultry-feed-rises-100/

God bless PMB..he is the best President ever!!!!..PMB TILL 2089....HE WILL RULE FOR EVER....GOD PLS MAKE PMB TO INCREASE FULE TO 300 and Rice to 30,000 per Bag
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by ikemesit4477: 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
Adesiji77:

http://punchng.com/chickens-forced-skip-meals-cost-poultry-feed-rises-100/

these the worst economy I have ever seen! Ever animals are not left out.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Vincent41(m): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Flexherbal:
Everything in Nigeria has increased, times two.

God bless PMB..he is the best President ever!!!!..PMB TILL 2089....HE WILL RULE FOR EVER....GOD PLS MAKE PMB TO INCREASE FULE TO 300 and Rice to 30,000 per Bag
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Vincent41(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
seguno2:
Thanks to Buhari!
Thanks to the dullard!!
Thanks to his zombies!!!

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Vincent41(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
Fadman4real:
This is getting serious ooo only God can save us

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Vincent41(m): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
wethebest:
we don enta half-chance oooo, i pity dose chickens. Buhari, it shall never be well with u nd ur household.

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Vincent41(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
prinsam30:
wrong analysis

One bag of Maize in my area is being sold for N18000, is either you buy or get out, those guys are not smiling at all

hahahahahahahhaha

1 Like

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
Diabolic change!....So far, Dumb nomad is a waste of my vote.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by prinsam30: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
DemisigOfficial:

Please what's the weight in Kg ?

I think is 125kg according to how they measure it here in my area.
40 rubber paint makes a bag
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by prinsam30: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
carinmom:

Exactly, even in my area in the north, it is being sold for between 17000 and 18000. But the new one is 13000 which is not even fully dry.

you're very very correct

1 Like

Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by jay7(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Buhari why ??
Even chickens don dey skip their daily meal because of the hardship you caused

Heya no be only your goat ooo my chicken self now don sabi fast pass human being.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Gerrard59(m): 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
Quite bad. However, no one seems to see the opportunity(ies) this has presented.

How about using GM seeds (inquire from Syngenta) and cultivate? Thereby increasing yield even on less land. Ditto for soybean. The Brazilians and Americans produce excess of both crops through GM technology.

It's high time Nigeria and her citizens appreciate and accept GM technology, if not, it'll be hunger games.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by kan12(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2016
oboy bubu dn dey collect curses frm humans and animals.
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by wethebest(m): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Vincent41:

Ehen...... Enjoy oooooo
Re: Chickens Forced To "Skip" Meals As Cost Of Poultry Feed Rises By 100% by Standing5(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
ephi123:

How is this a consolation? I don't get it..
It is a consolation because with proper farming next planting season the trend can be reversed but if it was a result of $ or forex then we know Naira free fall would barely allow a reversal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / If watermelon is so profitable, why are farmers not cultivating it commercially? / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.