Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,985 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Between Traditional And Formal Education, Which Is Surest Way To Success? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Traditional And Formal Education, Which Is Surest Way To Success? (370 Views)

PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education / Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? / N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Traditional And Formal Education, Which Is Surest Way To Success? by MSB4gr8(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2016
Sometimes I asked myself why people embraced schooling as the SUREST way to success in life..... till now, no answer or answers have been provided. I was at a seminar, as one of the guest speakers to educate the students on "Education is the surest way to success" I was fortunate to be there because I am an educator and a motivational writer. When I was preparing for the program,I decided to differ my speech from other speakers because I knew it that all speakers will actually talk on importance of education and the need to go to school but I want a different way to show my opinions. After the programme, a very young boy said that "I came to school because my parents want me to, not that I am willing to ".The boy actually revealed that secret because I said in my speech that "Education is important in life but going to school is not the surest way to success because school will only teach you the theory but real life experiences teach you the practical and what you really need in life"......MSB Truly there are number of differences between school and education. Education had been existing before schools were built, it was called traditional education but what people see as education nowadays is the "introduced formal education " whereas the "abandoned traditional education" teaches us the needs in our society and is the FOUNDATION which the introduced formal education (that teaches us foreign ideas) was built on, if the foundation was not strong, would the building not collapse? Yes, it would surely collapse just as the standard of formal education is falling because no one value our traditional education again. The big questions are:
1. was the little boy right or wrong by his decision?
2. do we know how many children that share the same view?
3. Did I hit the nail by my quote that says "Education is important in life but going to school is not the surest way to success because school will only teach you the theory but real life experiences will teach you the practical and what you really need in life." ?

Comment by a participant at the seminar :

"Being educated is a phrase of diverse roots.
Going to school may not be the road to success
yet everyone wants to reach the peak because
you don't want to be a slave to your brother.
Education without proper schooling breeds
inferiority complex, it is not the success you
make from it that matters.
Your certificate is your worth, not your
education."

My reply to the comment that kept him silent for a while :

"Thanks for your comment sir, I created and got
the needed comments at the seminar but sir, in
those days, were there no successful people
before the introduction of formal education
which brought up going to school to acquire
education,? Even at first, did they introduce
formal education to set us free from slavery or
to enslave us more? and now, don't we have
successful people without formal education or
going to school before they become successful?
in the society today, millions of millions people
with formal education after being gone to school
are NOT successful,then where is the basis and
its importance?"

(1) (Reply)

Alternative To Civil Law In Nigerian Universities. / My NYSC Story-episode 3 [written By Joseph A.E Hiykesleo] / Bomb Scare: University Of Ibadan Bars Hawkers, Food Vendors In Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.