Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction (9423 Views)

Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Massive Demolition Of Buildings Going On In Aba (Photos) / Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by manageam: 11:56am On Aug 27, 2016
it was a sad day yesterday 26 August 2016 to see a family house brought down at Hithec estate by people who claimed there were from government, findings from Alausa at the moment of destruction shows Alausa was not aware, how can people demolish completed building without government papers or court injunction to commit this kind of atrocity in Lagos, all they said the instruction came from a commissioner without court papers. this is not the lagos i used to know. Government need to speak or act on this atroscity carriedout by certain group of people claiming they were from the Lagos state government commissioners office.

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by somito121(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2016
again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by HungerBAD: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2016
More to this Story.

This is why your land in Lagos should be verified,then reverified and then finally verify it with another lawyer different from your lawyer.

Especially if it is in places like Lekki and Ajah. The pictures here might make it look bad that a house is getting pulled down,but the owner of the house might have built it on somebody's else land,that he bought from fraudsters.

14 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Ada9103(f): 6:46am On Aug 28, 2016
Not again embarassed......

Happy birthday to me........make some noise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by obembet(f): 6:46am On Aug 28, 2016
NIGERIAN, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 28, 2016
This is improper.
Useless government

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by listica(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2016
Too sad
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Temitope223(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmmmm naija!
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by NATHSUN(m): 6:50am On Aug 28, 2016
hmmmmmm ma area, I must check on this #live
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by olagamalin(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2016
Pardon me sir, but it's the other party that should get a court order/relief in form of an injunction. You don't need an injunction to demolish ....You only need it to stop them ...Be it interim/interlocutory or perpetual.

As for the resort to self-help ...... One cannot fully dissect it without verifying facts in issue.

7 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by pezeji(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2016
Killing some ppl on my mind, after dis incident if na me
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by walozanga(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2016
no respect for rule of law cos the oga on top is lawless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2016
Who did they p!ss off
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Dething: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2016
Na wa oooooo, may God help us. I dont know if the fiitings are complete but with what I am seing here, about 40M has been wasted excluding the cost for the land. ...sad

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by AfroKnight: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2016
Before demolition, a team from the government will mark the property. It cannot be impromptu cos even roadside shops get due notice before demolition. Even the shanties get notice too. How much more a building as big as this. Was the building marked for demolition? Government workers can't just wake up one morning to bring down a building, they must be mobilized for it. Movement of heavy equipment (caterpillar) to the site costs money that won't come out of the private pockets of workers. What I'm driving at is the state government must be aware.

The owner is not telling the whole story. Does the land belong to government? Is the building sitting on pipeline? There is nothing you can do if either is the case. Someone at the ministry is denying knowledge of this for reasons best know to them.

This is a major action by the state. Even if your land does not have c of o, or you haven't approved your building plan, they still give you grace to file the necessary documents. There is something the owner is quiet about.

7 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by opsylojay(m): 7:02am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

Happy birthday... blessings to you and yours

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Ada9103(f): 7:03am On Aug 28, 2016
opsylojay:

Happy birthday... blessings to you and yours

Thanks dearie kiss

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by 4nobody4every1: 7:04am On Aug 28, 2016
Keneking:
This is improper.
Useless government
grin grin grin
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2016
the house looks like an igbo man's house

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by policy12: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2016
This is evil.. .
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by mebad(m): 7:17am On Aug 28, 2016
xharder:
the house looks like an igbo man's house

You are so consumed with tribal matter to miss the tragedy here . All you can see is what it looks like. May God have mercy on your soul

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by opalu: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2016
Why na?
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by zibi5: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2016
Always verify use your lawyer or go to ministry of land and verify.
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:47am On Aug 28, 2016
I hope the land isn't a government land? Also the house looks uncompleted to me. Your story doesn't add up. Don't come to SM without the full gist.

Please verify any property you intend buying.

Take heart.
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by TEYA: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2016
HungerBAD:
More to this Story.

This is why your any land in Lagos should be verified,then reverified and then finally verify it with another lawyer different from your lawyer.

Especially if it is in places like Lekki and Ajah. The pictures here might make it look bad that a house is getting pulled down,but the owner of the house might have built it on somebody's else land,that he bought from fraudsters.

If anybody builds to that level on your land then you hire a bulldozer and demolish it without going to court, then you are in trouble if the person that built it wants to make trouble. Buildings don't go up in one day. Was the land owner sleeping when his land was trespassed? The law detests such negligence.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by gist4kidsblog: 8:07am On Aug 28, 2016
cry

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by segcymoor(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

So someone is crying on ur Birthday grin

------+
Many happy returns

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by basileze: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2016
If you are a Landgrabber, it serves you right. Government owes you no explanation.

Several Lands in Ajah axis were forcefully taken over by land grabbers from their legitimate owners without documents.

This is just the beginning. Many other illegal structures must be destroyed to serve as deterrent to Landgrabber (Omoniles).

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by semitunde: 8:53am On Aug 28, 2016
basileze:
If you are a Landgrabber, it serves you right. Government owes you no explanation.

Several Lands in Ajah axis were forcefully taken over by land grabbers from their legitimate owners without documents.

This is just the beginning. Many other illegal structures must be destroyed to serve as deterrent to Landgrabber (Omoniles).

I hope you know it may not be the omo onile that owns the demolished building on the so called grabbed land. The building owner can be a relative.
Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by 4dor: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2016
manageam:
it was a sad day yesterday 26 August 2016 to see a family house brought down at Hithec estate by people who claimed there were from government, findings from Alausa at the moment of destruction shows Alausa was not aware, how can people demolish completed building without government papers or court injunction to commit this kind of atrocity in Lagos, all they said the instruction came from a commissioner without court papers. this is not the lagos i used to know. Government need to speak or act on this atroscity carriedout by certain group of people claiming they were from the Lagos state government commissioners office.

The LASG will never demolish a property without prior warning, also it's the occupants that need to go to court to get an injunction.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by 4dor: 9:41am On Aug 28, 2016
TEYA:

If anybody builds to that level on your land then you hire a bulldozer and demolish it without going to court, then you are in trouble if the person that built it wants to make trouble. Buildings don't go up in one day. Was the land owner sleeping when his land was trespassed? The law detests such negligence.

Do you realise government is the only land owner in Nigeria? You can ask any lawyer you know.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Properties In Hitec Estate By LBS without court injuction by basileze: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2016
semitunde:

I hope you know it may not be the omo onile that owns the demolished building on the so called grabbed land. The building owner can be a relative.

If the Owner of demolished building is your relative it still serves him right. He has met his Waterloo this time. Pat Utomi's (LBS) property for that.

You are expected to conduct due diligence on a landed property before acquisition.

Omoniles have a notorious reputation for Landgrabbing and selling the land to a willing buyer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waterproof And Anti Crack Screeding Materials / Prosperity Garden Estate Attan Ota Ogun State Selling For 500k / BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.