Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Problem With My Toyota Car. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With My Toyota Car. (3809 Views)

Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. / Toyota Car Slips Out Of Gear On Low Speed Pls Help / Toyota Car Jacks After Starting And Normalises After 20mins Of Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hi friends, my Toyota camry 2014 is showing some warning signs on the dash board. The steering has also become a bit stiff and the car isn't moving properly/smoothly. Please what could be wrong and what do I do? Here's a pic of the dashboard display. Thanks.

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by DIKEnaWAR: 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
You get money buy 2014 Toyota Camry, but you no come get money carry am go mechanic or even to Toyota service centers scattered all over Naija.

Keep asking nairaland people.

On a serious note, visit a mechanic. Been planning on that ride, but this one you just raised...

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by honmusa(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
kehindetawede:
Hi friends, my Toyota camry 2014 is showing some warning signs on the dash board. The steering has also become a bit stiff and the car isn't moving properly/smoothly. Please what could be wrong and what do I do? Here's a pic of the dashboard display. Thanks.
U will need to do a clearer and bolder picture of all the warning signs on the cluster as I can only make out ABS,TPMS,SRS warning light .

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by mayor2013: 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
First thing you need to do is run a comprehensive scan on your car. I can see steering warning light, tpms, abs. A scan would reveal what is going on. To run a proper diagnosis and solve the problem. Call multi autolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837 if in lagos

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by bravolad(m): 6:44am On Aug 28, 2016
Lexusgs:
A vehicle of less than 24k miles, displaying all this Xmas lights. Na wa o.
You have already been advised on what to do........

I honestly doubt this vehicle is less than the displayed mileage. He may have bought the Nigerian low mileage as usually advertised.

@OP, your best option is to get competent mechanic to run a comprehensive scan.

If you have no idea where to do that, state your location here & you will be properly guided as to where to carry out this service. It might also be in your best interest to stop driving the car.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by bravolad(m): 6:50am On Aug 28, 2016
Lexusgs:

Possibly over-over clocked. Hopefully OP did an HPI check prior to purchase
My accord is presently on 98k miles, and not an Xmas light in sight

Fingers crossed.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2016
Front right or left impact, salvaged. Repaired, not done well. Mileage is actual.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42am On Aug 28, 2016
Lexusgs:

'Mileage is actual '? You sabi the motor before? Are you privy to some extra information?

Nope
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2016
Lexusgs:

So how do you know the true state of the mileage?

wink ask him for the vin
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by freshvine(f): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2016
Lexusgs:

So how do you know the true state of the mileage?

That car of less than two years with 22000 miles? It's even bourgeois, outrageous,

Dem take am run taxi?

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
freshvine:

That car of less than two years with 22000 miles? It's even bourgeois, outrageous,

Dem take am run taxi?

You are the smart one wink

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by Readonee35L(m): 12:46am On Aug 29, 2016
This car is Definitely a Salvage vehicle With all does lights on at the same time
Let me interpret this light based on my venza.

The red steering warning light Signifies you have a problem with your electronic power steering system, I had a similar issue when Rain water got into my power steering ecu(Module)

Abs (probably issues with some sensor on the wheels.

Tpms (Tire pressure monitor probably one or two over/under inflated tyre

Your traction control light's is also on, That light comes on when i loose traction on a sleepy road or area's with lots of sand. That light should be blinking, It also comes on if i press the brake pedal for too long.

That's all i can say for now.
Advice
go for a scan from a good auto enthusiast like Gazzuzz , And make sure you put lot's of Naira in your pocket because this your car needs hand of Jesus

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kingreign(m): 7:06am On Aug 29, 2016
OP, be ready to spend ego, owl, kudi.
You'd need to scan, diagnose, trace the source and then fix the problems.

Just pray your ABS pump and ECU is still alive. Those things are expensive.
Your EPS pray say Na just small wire cut which can be located and fixed or else Na plenty money.
Those tpms light I sure either one or more sensors are damaged or there's no sensor in those tyres.

If you're in Lagos contact Gazzuzz 08033910382, if you're in Abuja contact Mike 07034581213.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by bravolad(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2016
kehindetawede:

OP has absconded from this forum. Pls come back & respond to these questions to clear our curiosity.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
honmusa:

U will need to do a clearer and bolder picture of all the warning signs on the cluster as I can only make out ABS,TPMS,SRS warning light .
Please send me an email with your contact number so I can call to speak with you directly. My name is kehinde Tawede. Thanks.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello everyone, thanks for sharing your views. I really appreciate you all. The car in question is truly a salvaged car. The mileage is correct but the repair was badly done. I knew about all of these before I bought the car. The selling price then was very attractive so I felt I could deal with other issues. I bought it like 2 months ago and the car was running fine. I'll speak with some of the auto experts in the house and I'll update here again. Thanks.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Front right or left impact, salvaged. Repaired, not done well. Mileage is actual.
You certainly know about cars. Thumbs up for you!
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by bravolad(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
kehindetawede:
Hello everyone, thanks for sharing your views. I really appreciate you all. The car in question is truly a salvaged car. The mileage is correct but the repair was badly done. I knew about all of these before I bought the car. The selling price then was very attractive so I felt I could deal with other issues. I bought it like 2 months ago and the car was running fine. I'll speak with some of the auto experts in the house and I'll update here again. Thanks.

Fair enough. You will need a competent mechanic to fix it, cost will also be high.

You may need 2 to 3 competent mechanics to assess the car & give you repair quotes. You can then approach one of them for fixing. Your location would have helped us to recommending mechanics to you.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
bravolad:

Fair enough. You will need a competent mechanic to fix it, cost will also be high.

You may need 2 to 3 competent mechanics to assess the car & give you repair quotes. You can then approach one of them for fixing. Your location would have helped us to recommending mechanics to you.

Good luck.
Thanks friend, I live on the mainland but the car is in Lekki.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
bravolad:

Good luck.
Bro, can you give me a range of the expected cost?
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by honmusa(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
kehindetawede:

Please send me an email with your contact number so I can call to speak with you directly. My name is kehinde Tawede. Thanks.
This is my contact no 08061166316

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by bravolad(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
kehindetawede:

Bro, can you give me a range of the expected cost?

Call Gazzuzz & schedule an appointment with him, he will meet you to physically inspect the car, analyse and give you an estimate.

Negotiate with him, he will do a good job in fixing your car.

Remember to give me a free ride when he's done.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 12:28am On Aug 30, 2016
bravolad:

Call Gazzuzz & schedule an appointment with him, he will meet you to physically inspect the car, analyse and give you an estimate.

Negotiate with him, he will do a good job in fixing your car.

Remember to give me a free ride when he's done.

Cheers.
Thanks bro. I've called him already. I'll keep you posted.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by kehindetawede: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2016
kingreign:
OP, be ready to spend ego, owl, kudi.
You'd need to scan, diagnose, trace the source and then fix the problems.

Just pray your ABS pump and ECU is still alive. Those things are expensive.
Your EPS pray say Na just small wire cut which can be located and fixed or else Na plenty money.
Those tpms light I sure either one or more sensors are damaged or there's no sensor in those tyres.

If you're in Lagos contact Gazzuzz 08033910382, if you're in Abuja contact Mike 07034581213.
Thanks bro. I'm speaking with Gazzuzz already. God bless.
Re: Problem With My Toyota Car. by makyessien: 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
Model. @1.7m by makyessien: 3:02pm
Hello guys,

I don't know how to navigate here oo. Please i need valid recommendations. I drive a Toyota Corolla 2006/2007 and it suddenly develop AC issues and diagnosis done shows an error code for knock sensor.[sub][/sub][img][/img]

I had the car evaluated by 2 mechanics and they said the evaporator is leaking and needs to be replaced. This would mean taking out the dashboard etc. Well the first guy tampered with the ac link to my condenser as he broke the screw while trying to unscrew it (not sure he has a clue about the issue) and i was told that they would need to take it to clerg street to see if thybcan get out the broken screw but chances is that while trying to unscrew the remaining part of the condenser that the 2nd screw might break too since its rusty. This might lead to buying a new condenser.

Please i need good referrals for an autocare shop that truly understands issues like this. The popular opinion is that i should sell the car off because our mechanics haven't gotten it right with fixing Acs. ( is this true)

I dont want to watse my small.money..please help guys

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Pimping / Siena: What's D Effect Of Parking A Car For Six Months? / A Clean Tokunbo Toyota Corolla For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.