Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl (1581 Views)

Php Vs Python / Python Vs Php / Php Vs Python Which Is More Easy!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by puma90: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
i wud lyk to create a debate with my fellow web devs which is the best in terms of frame work, securities,flexibility e.t.c btwn php, ruby, python ,perl
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by propersam(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
That should be python.... It has a whole lot of functionalities..... Then followed by Ruby, Php , Then Perl.
... Wotov asp.net kwanu ?
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by Raypawer(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
And some were offended when i told a newbie that php is a server side scripting language!

asp.net is based on c# which is not a scripting language, rather its a programming language

propersam:
That should be python.... It has a whole lot of functionalities..... Then followed by Ruby, Php , Then Perl.
... Wotov asp.net kwanu ?
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by beatsbyj2g(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
For simplicity PHP even fb uses it... All d features of perl n python u will just discover dat the major thing you need from a server side language is DB n no one does it beta dan php n mysql ....

If u love JavaScript then node.js

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by FrankLampard: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
Between the 4 programming language you just listed, PHP would be the best choice.

Reason: It is the fastest, more secured and learning curve is awesome, with great outside community. No framework in any language has been able to beat Phalcon framework in PHP in terms of speed.
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by realbee(m): 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
FrankLampard:
Between the 4 programming language you just listed, PHP would be the best choice.

Reason: It is the fastest, more secured and learning curve is awesome, with great outside community. No framework in any language has been able to beat Phalcon framework in PHP in terms of speed.

I'll love to see a benchmark test on how you arrive at this conclusion, Faster than Python's flask and Django? Faster than Ruby's rails? Faster than NodeJs? Bruh!
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
This thread is rubbish as far as I am concerned.
To compare languages like this is folly unless you have criteria.

Criteria like the following:
- speed: php is king, i might be wrong
- platform (are you talking of software or web development)
- all-purpose work - Python tops this or so i believe
- community support
- string manipulation, hacking: i believe perl tops this, i might be wrong
- learning curve - without wasting your time - php is the easiest to learn

This is just an example of what I am saying. All those languages have their strengths and weaknesses. So if someone comes out and tells me any of those languages is the best - I shall argue with that person till kingdom come.
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
realbee:

I'll love to see a benchmark test on how you arrive at this conclusion, Faster than Python's flask and Django? Faster than Ruby's rails? Faster than NodeJs? Bruh!
This is exactly what I am talking about. Even if you say PHP is faster, by the time we throw in concurrency like open 1000 simultaneous web socket, and benchmark that with NODE.JS.
The criteria must be well-defined so that appropriate tests and survey can be carried out to backup what we are speaking about.
The problem we have here is this - when you throw in stuffs like this, some dudes that all their life they have only worked on PHP, will come and start defending PHP that it is superior to NODE, Ruby and Perl in every way - and they do not have sufficient data to back it up other than arguments.
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by sleepingdemon: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
if ill say in terms of learning speed, php.
in terms of development speed, python using django is faster.
then for lazy coders: django. but i must warn, to use django, you have to trade off the learning speed youll gain if you use php.
for perl and ruby, i havnt used any of those languages, and ill rather not compare based on what ive seen on the Internet.
Note: in all of this, i made sure i have differentiated the types of speed i was referribg to.
if actually talking about load speed, i might need to ask if it is with/without hacks. As the area of load speed might bring out more arguments.
ermm lastly, FrankLampard made mention of php being more secure. could you please enlighten me more on that? Thank you.
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
That php being more secure is somehow jare.
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by elfico(m): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
Y not just be language agnostic and use whatever works best for you. Languages are just tools and a means to an end.
Re: Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2016
elfico:
Y not just be language agnostic and use whatever works best for you. Languages are just tools and a means to an end.
Exactly, this thread is pointless as far as this humble programmer is 'consigned'

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Websites To Learn Programming / Do You Need A Coding Mentor? / Nairaland's February Front Page Data Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.