Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911098 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
Austinpee4:

Who is your sponsor and how did you show relationship with your sponsor?
My parent and we presented birth certificate, an affidavit and some family documents including a passport photocopy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dimpules8: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
Eraytee:

SOP's is an essay not a letter per say, all you need is put your name at the top corner, mostly right. what follows is the topic wch is "statement of purpose or personal statement of intent" then follwed by the body of the essay in paragraphs as applicable to you. SOP is not a letter its an essay and essay doesnt carry address(es). Just my opinion.

@Eraytee. ThankU for your response.
But am back to square 1.
#confused as to which format to follow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
With this closing balance, alot will be considered such as;
Your tuition fee....say like #5,000,000
Ticket, housing, upkeep....obviously the closing balance is way too small. Except you have some funding from the school, then 8.8m naira may fly.
And also, what's the inflow and outflow of the account statement like? How many dependants has your sponsor?
Also what's your own S.O A like?
Work on boosting the S.O.A.
useremm:

8.8m naira
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
penitential:
With this closing balance, alot will be considered such as;
Your tuition fee....say like #5,000,000
Ticket, housing, upkeep....obviously the closing balance is way too small. Except you have some funding from the school, then 8.8m naira may fly.
And also, what's the inflow and outflow of the account statement like? How many dependants has your sponsor?
Work on boosting the S.O.A.
Four dependants and I'm not really sure about the inflow and outflow of the account. pls what's the current exchange rate for canadian dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hmmm....bro improve on your sponsor stateme nt of account.
Either you get another sponsor, or if your sponsor can transfer the money to your account stating s/he is commiting it to your study in Canada.
useremm:

Four dependants and I'm not really sure about the inflow and outflow of the account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
useremm:

8.8m naira
closing balance will likely have little or no effect on sufficiency of funds for you IF
1. you didn't establish and prove relationship to your sponsor and why he/she is sponsoring you.
2. the account statement you submitted had recorded a significantly huge amount deposit(money lodging) that doesn't reflect the average income/earnings of sponsor or consistent transactions recorded in the past 6 months.
3. You used a company/business account that you are not a SOLE signatory to.

in anycase, you may want to share your profile so more help and suggestions can be available to you before you reapply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hmmm..., bro try and work on your sponsor account.
Either get another sponsor or your sponsor should transfer the money to your account stating that s/he is commiting it to your study in Canada.
useremm:

Four dependants and I'm not really sure about the inflow and outflow of the account. pls what's the current exchange rate for canadian dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
useremm:

My parent and we presented birth certificate, an affidavit and some family documents including a passport photocopy.
your sponsorship is a reliable one. Something has gone wrong somewhere in your financial documents. you should share more details on this and also state what your parents do/their income sources so you get more guiding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
penitential:
Hmmm..., bro try and work on your sponsor account.
Either get another sponsor or your sponsor should transfer the money to your account stating that s/he is commiting it to your study in Canada.
thanks would do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Austinpee4:

your sponsorship is a reliable one. Something has gone wrong somewhere in your financial documents. you should share more details on this and also state what your parents do/their income sources so you get more guiding.
my parent works in a bank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abacino007(m): 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good Evening Everyone, please I need someone to enlighten me on how to apply for masters in University of Ottawa. I have started the process, I have been given student number also. An e mail was sent to me requesting for my referees contacts, transcript and resumè. One of my referees has submitted his recommendation letter which I have been notified on my student file with a ✔️ sign. I just sent my resumè via e mail but I am yet to recieve a notification as regards that effect. I'd appreciate if anyone who has gone through this process before can enlighten me more on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
IHate9ja1:
@unyted
@folaroyal and others
recently i discovered that many trv applicant profile on cic website aint updated and delayed infact the few who got approved got their trv after school resumption deadline while other had to reapply or defer since they couldnt meet up with resumption date even though i am aware that the processing timeframe was extended to 15 to 17 weeks or there about.
What's the way forward out of this problem?
Is there anything we aint doing right?
Am really concerned looking @ the rigors and documentation involved in getting an admission offer?

Well, something I observed with the Canadian visa application is that the process sometimes does not follow any specific queue. While some people are lucky and get TRV approval within 4 or 5 weeks, it takes some people 10/12 weeks and even 15 weeks or more to get TRV approval.

Once you have submitted your application, just be positive and hope for the best. If you discover that your TRV application is taking longer than expected, endeavor to notify your school. Eventually, you may need to defer your admission if the TRV does not come before resumption date.

Funny enough, Canadian visa application for Nigerians has the longest processing time. So, it pays to apply as early as possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
useremm:

my parent works in a bank
bro, I think you should still give more details. like what your intended program is (undergrad/postgrad), your parent average income(considering the 4 dependants). just be alittle detailed so the whole situation is looked into once from all perspective.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
Austinpee4:

bro, I think you should still give more details. like what your intended program is (undergrad/postgrad), your parent average income(considering the 4 dependants). just be alittle detailed so the whole situation is looked into once from all perspective.
I'm going for undergraduate. I'm not sure about the income but I'm guessing about 1-1.5m per month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
gurus in the house...pls must my sponsor deposit money into my personal account during visa app??..is it compulsory?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
Not compulsory, but might be necessary.
michaelbelgium:
gurus in the house...pls must my sponsor deposit money into my personal account during visa app??..is it compulsory?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
penitential:
Not compulsory, but might be necessary.
thank you...i just hope my sponsor can do that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
useremm:
I'm going for undergraduate. I'm not sure about the income but I'm guessing about 1-1.5m per month
Much as I thought @ bold. Undergradute study often time incure huge financial burden and this is so considering number of years of study. If both parents earn the range of income you stated, then one sure way of convincing the VO they can fund your study is to atleast pay a year tuition or even more if they can afford that and also transfer a significant amount of money to an account in your name be it in naira , USD, CAD. Also, their account statements must show they can comfortably earn enough to pay your tuition and upkeep for other years as well as take care of the other 4 dependants comfortably. if they have assets(shares, bond and stocks, lands) or other sources of income, they can add documents to show these as well while elaborating on their financial capacities in the letter(s) of sponsorship.
They have to prove beyong doubt that both you and your family members won't have financial troubles during your study.
Alternatively, if you can get a co-sponsor, Cool! establish a relationship with him/her stating he/she will fend for say your upkeep in addition to all your parents will be funding.
The co-sponsor earnings must be good too.
There is a lot of financial and academic commitment for a 4 year undergraduate degree . Apparently, they want to make sure funds is and will be available while discouraging the slightest idea of working in canada during study or being a liability to their government.
personally, I believe if your parents can pay a year tuition and transfer a good amount of money for one year and with the monthly earning you mentioned reflecting in their account statements, you will be on d edge of an approval. Notwitstanding, the VO discretion will always come to play.
hopefully, you reapplication will come out well. endeavour to convience them with all necessary and required documents.
All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nailed!
Austinpee4:

Much as I thought @ bold. Undergradute study often time incure huge financial burden and this is so considering number of years of study. If both parents earn the range of income you stated, then one sure way of convincing the VO they can fund your study is to atleast pay a year tuition or even more if they can afford that and also transfer a significant amount of money to an account in your name be it in naira , USD, CAD. Also, their account statements must show they can comfortable earn enough to pay your tuition and upkeep for other years as well as take care of the other 4 dependants comfortably. if they have assets(shares, bond and stocks, lands) or other sources of income, they can add documents to show these as well while elaborating on their financial capacities in the letter(s) of sponsorship.
They have to prove beyong doubt that both you and your family members won't have financial troubles during your study.
Alternatively, if you can get a co-sponsor, Cool! establish a relationship with him/her stating he/she will fend for say your upkeep in addition to all your parents will be funding.
There is a lot of financial and academic commitment for a 4 year undergraduate degree . Apparently, they want to make sure funds is and will be available while discouraging the slightest idea of working in canada during study or being a liability to their government.
personally, I believe if your parents can pay a year tuition and transfer a good amount of money for one year and with the monthly earning you mentioned reflecting in their account statements, you will be on d edge of an approval. Notwitstanding, the VO discretion will always come to play.
hopefully, you reapplication will come out well. endeavour to convience them with all necessary and required documents.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OGIYEN: 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
thanks
Austinpee4:

On the FAQs section of VFS website, the steps of retrieving a passport in a case of emergencies and urgency have been outlined. find the link below to guide you.
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/faqs.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by stelids007(f): 9:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good day house, pls i have a question to ask. The institution i applied to request that i send the originals (or notarised copies) of both my post secondary transcript and secondary school transcript. I have my university transcript ready. For the high school transcript, do i make copy of my WAEC result and notarise or purchase scratch card and send to them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
Austinpee4:

Much as I thought @ bold. Undergradute study often time incure huge financial burden and this is so considering number of years of study. If both parents earn the range of income you stated, then one sure way of convincing the VO they can fund your study is to atleast pay a year tuition or even more if they can afford that and also transfer a significant amount of money to an account in your name be it in naira , USD, CAD. Also, their account statements must show they can comfortable earn enough to pay your tuition and upkeep for other years as well as take care of the other 4 dependants comfortably. if they have assets(shares, bond and stocks, lands) or other sources of income, they can add documents to show these as well while elaborating on their financial capacities in the letter(s) of sponsorship.
All the best.
Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
stelids007:
Good day house, pls i have a question to ask. The institution i applied to request that i send the originals (or notarised copies) of both my post secondary transcript and secondary school transcript. I have my university transcript ready. For the high school transcript, do i make copy of my WAEC result and notarise or purchase scratch card and send to them.
Which school and what course??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by prinzeindygo: 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello room...pls i am new to this forum...pls i need university in canada that takes cheaper advance deposits for Masters program...response is well appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
Eraytee:

get the details of the school acc, and do a wire transfer via ur dorm acc. faster and reliable.
Yeah it is much faster using a domicilliary account, but if the person is resident in Nigeria, how will he/she get dollars to fund the dom account, definitely through BLACK Market, BDC, interbank etc
With their outrageous exchange rate and policies.
Imagine sourcing Thousands of dollars at over 400/naira, just for tuition cry we haven't talked about accommodation, and living expenses.

It's really expensive schooling abroad in this Nigerian recession.

If the person have relatives staying abroad, it will be much cheaper using their accounts for the payments.
It is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
prinzeindygo:
Hello room...pls i am new to this forum...pls i need university in canada that takes cheaper advance deposits for Masters program...response is well appreciated
University of Saskatchewan (a thesis based Masters, I think you can make up to 4 deposits at various times?)
The tuition of university of Newfoundland and Labrador is generally cheaper than most other schools, but I don't really know about their advance deposits.

BTW, advance deposits are not a necessity in most cases, most Nigerians do it just to increase their chances of TRV approval.
But whether there is a direct correlation with advance deposit of tuition and TRV approval, I can't categorically say..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by stelids007(f): 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Which school and what course??
NAIT, Occupational health and safety
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by heniola(f): 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Eraytee:

pls what did u mean by the bolded

I meant applications where a mother is planning to school with a child as a dependent tends to be refused. I don't know how true this is.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by floxylcj: 12:25am On Jan 17, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, please am in the process of packaging my docs for visa application; and i want to make my mum and uncle (whom i do not bear the surname with) a co-sponsor...please how best can one prove a relationship with an uncle?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:39am On Jan 17, 2017
floxylcj:
Hello gurus in the house, please am in the process of packaging my docs for visa application; and i want to make my mum and uncle (whom i do not bear the surname with) a co-sponsor...please how best can one prove a relationship with an uncle?

Me no be guru but I have an idea about your question.

Page 1 has some guide. you can submit documents like birth or marriage certificates to show link, alongside convincing letter and prayer. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.