Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911437 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
cube2nerdy:

Ok thanks a lot. I guess I should contact the hospital for the UMI number then.
Pls could you provide me with the exact mail I could send the number to?

Yes the UMI of your medical the hospital sent.. the email is Accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emmy4Gold: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=emmy4Gold post=53085416]Good afternoon to everyone, @ Osemigho and other gurus in the house, my application at UBC is under review, i uploaded my transcript while submitting my documents. According to the school's website, uploaded transcript are regarded as unofficial. it is advisable for me to send official transcript ( i.e send by mailing it directly from my previous school to UBC) when the admission decision has not been made. . And i could read this on the school's website that official transcript has to be submitted before admission offer will be made. Do you advice me to send my official transcript to them when admission decision is yet to be made. Thanks, ur reply will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SURGEE(m): 1:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
idogbo:

my course doesn't require securing a supervisor, I actually applied for masters in engineering in the dept of electrical nd computer engineering... I submitted my CV, 2 academic references from my university, and also a supplementary form...so what do you think and also what do you suggest?

Baba I sent you a pm. I go like ask you some few questions. Please respond!
cheers!

Surgee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vtsouthpaw(m): 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
Good day everyone!Please is there anyone here who applied to Ryerson university masters programme fall 2017 who has been given admissions? Thanks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
emmy4Gold:
Good afternoon to everyone, @ Osemigho and other gurus in the house, my application at UBC is under review, i uploaded my transcript while submitting my documents. According to the school's website, uploaded transcript are regarded as unofficial. it is advisable for me to send official transcript ( i.e send by mailing it directly from my previous school to UBC) when the admission decision has not been made. . And i could read this on the school's website that official transcript has to be submitted before admission offer will be made. Do you advice me to send my official transcript to them when admission decision is yet to be made. Thanks, ur reply will be highly appreciated
I applied to UBC as well and I know you don't have to send any official transcripts yet until after the review and your application is accepted, you secure a research supervisor and finally get a conditional admission. Only then will u need to send your official transcript to the school to fulfil the condition of your admission.

I think it is fair of the schools to prevent applicants from excessive expenses when such applicants won't be given admission at the end of the day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sebho(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
hello gurus in the huz,please i need info on how to get my gcms file
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by luke55: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
freeradical:
I applied to UBC as well and I know you don't have to send any official transcripts yet until after the review and your application is accepted, you secure a research supervisor and finally get a conditional admission. Only then will u need to send your official transcript to the school to fulfil the condition of your admission.

I think it is fair of the schools to prevent applicants from excessive expenses when such applicants won't be given admission at the end of the day.
thanks freeradical i really appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by idogbo(m): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
SURGEE:

Baba I sent you a pm. I go like ask you some few questions. Please respond! cheers!
Surgee
resend the Email to lovelypaulo2009@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by idogbo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
idogbo:
please house I was recently denied admission to university of waterloo with a cgpa of 3.53, can anyone suggest other universities that are less competitive and sure of securing a masters admission, to all the gurus in the house please help a brother, someone suggested Windsor and Concordia please I need your input....thesoj and co....thanks
please help gurus in the house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
idogbo:
please help gurus in the house

Try University of Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorex2011: 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
michV:
MEng and MSc are same category of masters degree. you have equal visa chance with either one. MEng requires not securing supervisors in most schools,if not all before applying for admission but MSc mostly requires securing a supervisor before applying for admission and usually have funding by its supervisor/school and it is more of a research masters' program. MEng implies ''Masters of Engineering'' and it is specifically for Engineers which is coursework based. you can't proceed to Phd with MEng but you can with MSc.

*TRV Doctor*

Oh ohk thanks,
The schools I'm applying to I dont have time now to wait for supervisors before applying, tho they stated in the application that I dont need one at the time of applying, I was thinking of completing the application then contacting potential suppervisors at least stating that i've filed my application and would like to research with them.. what do you think? thanks for your response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
Osemigho:

I no be guru o. But I think i fit contribute small.
You really need legal document to prove they are separated. Consult a family/friend lawyer on the easiest way to prove that.
Oyinbo no dey believe story without evidence. Especially when it is from Nigerians(blacks). Lol.

Cc: Original Poster pls

Separation and Divorce in law are two separate and distinct situations...... While divorce will allow the change of name, separation is not technically seen as marriage over under law, so the change in name may be seen as suspicious or whatever..... In my opinion, the best your mother can do is to swear an affidavit, because if you go at them with separation then there is no reason for change of name as separation still gives an air of the possibility of a resumption of conjugal rights at anytime till proper divorce proceedings are commenced ...
@yemdogg what do u think??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by memstickk(f): 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
IHate9ja1:

how did you get your police character certificate here in ph

I didn't get it in ph, i was in another state by the time i needed it.
But just go to the police headquarters in ph and ask. I'm sure you'll be given instructions on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
emmy4Gold:
Good afternoon to everyone, @ Osemigho and other gurus in the house, my application at UBC is under review, i uploaded my transcript while submitting my documents. According to the school's website, uploaded transcript are regarded as unofficial. it is advisable for me to send official transcript ( i.e send by mailing it directly from my previous school to UBC) when the admission decision has not been made. . And i could read this on the school's website that official transcript has to be submitted before admission offer will be made. Do you advice me to send my official transcript to them when admission decision is yet to be made. Thanks, ur reply will be highly appreciated

As you have rightly answered your question I will just reiterate it for you, while your unofficial/student transcript is okay in some schools for CONDITIONAL acceptance UBC has rightly informed you that no admission decision will be taken without your official copy, therefore to get admission, your official transcript has to be given
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Holyfield1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
ifydio:
Hello house
I can't help but wonder the kind of queuing system the Canadian embassy use, how can an application stay over 4 months + and the response you get is your application is still on queue when earlier application decision have been made.
Please i will advice you stop waiting because it has exceeded the supposed processing time, I submitted Nov 14 as well, checking my mail always thinking I'll be sent a mail when my application is dispatched to Nigeris,You won't believe my documents had been sent since Dec 29 shocked kindly go to google and type "Track Nigerian Canada Visa" and clickbon their official website vfsglobal.co you'll be asked to input your Tracking number and date of birth. Do that and you will know your status instantly....i got my documents today tho.... Refusal

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

Cc: Original Poster pls

Separation and Divorce in law are two separate and distinct situations...... While divorce will allow the change of name, separation is not technically seen as marriage over under law, so the change in name may be seen as suspicious or whatever..... In my opinion, the best your mother can do is to swear an affidavit, because if you go at them with separation then there is no reason for change of name as separation still gives an air of the possibility of a resumption of conjugal rights at anytime till proper divorce proceedings are commenced ...
@yemdogg what do u think??

Well said bro.

Judicial separation is different from divorce. Divorce absolutely extinguishes whatever right you may have in a marriage buh judicial separation allows parties to live apart with no obligation while still legally married under the law. It has similar circumstances as divorce..No carnal knowledge, no marital obligations etc. just that you're still seen to be married under the law.

If you go ahead to marry someone else while judicial separation is still pending....it's an offence in most states excluding lagos state. Buh you are free to marry anyone once you got ur divorce papers.

With respect issue of name....an affidavit will do the trick. Ensure to swear before the Notary Public so it can have international recognition.

Cc...original poster.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
Holyfield1:
Got my documents today at the embassy, VO only complained about Lack of available, I'm applying again by God's grace... Buh how can this be effectively tackled

Depends on your financial profile.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
Holyfield1:
Please i will advice you stop waiting because it has exceeded the supposed processing time, I submitted Nov 14 as well, checking my mail always thinking I'll be sent a mail when my application is dispatched to Nigeris,You won't believe my documents had been sent since Dec 29 shocked kindly go to google and type "Track Nigerian Canada Visa" and clickbon their official website vfsglobal.co you'll be asked to input your Tracking number and date of birth. Do that and you will know your status instantly....i got my documents today tho.... Refusal
Sorry for ur delay, can u pls share ur profile and d reason for refusal. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SURGEE(m): 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
idogbo:
resend the Email to lovelypaulo2009@yahoo.com thanks
Hello Bro, Sent you a mail! Kindly check your inbox.

Surgee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
yorex2011:
Western ontario, University of Alberta , Carleton and Concordia...Please is anyone attending any of these schools, or knows someone who knows someone that is attending any of these schools..
Want to start and complete these applications within the next two weeks

abeg, Edakun epp me cry

D application process are simple n straight forward, go ahead n start, if u v any issue u can always come back here...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oladimejii(m): 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
My case is similar. Will you be willing to help me, please?
thesoj:
Application update for a family friend that I helped with his TRV app.

Program: Advanced Diploma* Interaction Design & Development
Prior Education: BSc Mass Comm
Online route. Upfront medicals.
Submitted October 7, 2016
Passport Request: January 18, 2017
Passport Submitted: January 19, 1017
Approval Notice: January 23, 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorex2011: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
elimsme:

D application process are simple n straight forward, go ahead n start, if u v any issue u can always come back here...

Thanksss man!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AAOL: 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
Good evening my good people of this thread and my fellow current and future Canadians. Please can someone advice me on the cheapest way to pay fees considering the forex situation of this country. Gurus in the house, kindly assist.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oladimejii(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
I need to pay a sum of $400CAD. I have tried using my Gtbank Debit Card several times to no avail. Someone help me, please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by telvinfantasy: 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello everyone Please do anyone know very cheap colleges in canada? Pls i will be glad if u can give me names of few Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kennynelcon(m): 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Oladimejii:
I need to pay a sum of $400CAD. I have tried using my Gtbank Debit Card several times to no avail. Someone help me, please.
You can't exceed the 100USD limit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ebimila: 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
hi guys, pls does bow valley college require ielts as proof for test of English for international students?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lusen(m): 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
joeadex:
Good day fellow nairalanders, please I'm planning of traveling abroad (UK or Canada) after my services year which I'll be through with by October 2017 for my Master Degree.
I graduated with second class lower (2.62 cgpa) from Architecture.......I had already consult a traveling agent and he said I should do English proficiency test (TOEFL), that after doing the test that my Cgpa doesn't matter again but I'm going to use the score from my TOEFL to process the admission. Please I want to confirm how true is this.
I'll also like you guyz to advise me on how to go about this and with the schools with less tuition fee in this two countries. Thanks.

Are you furthering in Architecture? UK, Canada, Australia, USA among others are good countries you can go to do your Master of Architecture. When you apply to Architecture schools for graduate programs, They will need you to submit a portfolio, which is a major criteria for admission. truly, some schools might not really consider CGPA once you have a 2-2. Make sure you do an accredited professional master program in Architecture if your goal is to become a licensed architect. If your budget is low, try Germany (dessau institute of Architecture).

You will be extra lucky to be offered Master of Architecture in Canada with your low CPGA. nothing is impossible though. some UK schools don't really care abt CGPA for M.Arch admission. so far uve made 2-2. but your portfolio must be tight sha. Master of Architecture in UK is a 2 yr program. (1 year internship included). on completion, you will be an associate member of the royal institute of British Architects. (RIBA). you are not coming back to naija after ur studies. unless you want to. try leeds beckett university and university of kent. all the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
@Yemdogg baba. Please it's you guy. I. Replied the mail to you. Please check. Your kind opinion is needed.

Wa gbayii.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ladyFola: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
Good evening house! Please, help a confused student.
Initially, I applied for Critical Care Nursing as a course to study, of which I was given an admission & to resume by Jan'17. But I was surprised when I got a mail from the school that if I get my VISA, I will be shifted to either Palliative Care or Community Mental Health which I refused because I have no passion whatsoever for either of the courses sad .I later sent a mail back to them that I'll wait till May'17 For the same course I chose initially, but to my greatest surprise again,I was told the course has been filled up .( tho I maid part payment of the tuition fee). Someone later told me from Canada to take the Community Mental Health which I reluctantly told the school thru.mail.[color=#990000][/color]
Now,another friend told me to apply for Masters of Nursing For Sept '17 intake ,that it pays more than a year course that I intend to go for.My own intention is to finish d specialized course first, then go for Masters straight ( if dem give me admission) before applying for work permit but she advised me to get to Canada first,then tell the school to give me back my money after being given admission for MN.
Now pls,is it advisable to get to Canada and get back my money without been reported to CIC by d school?
2) the Specialized course,is it gonna help me in any way as a nurse ( Community Mental Health,make person nor come waste money)?I think whether person do am or not,exam will still be written to be qualified as a Registered Canadian nurse Or I should kuku go straight for Masters)
Note pls,I just went to submit my passport at the Embassy , praying for positive final approval )and School resumes by May'17. I need to plan everything cos school do call me to know if I've been given VISA.Please,advice a confused student ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
All the relevant information has been provided on this site. Please take a look at my posting history. You are welcome to publicly ask your question(s) so that the gurus on here can help, this would also help others learn.
Oladimejii:
My case is similar. Will you be willing to help me, please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.