Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909025 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Made123: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
michV:
my nigga,i dy feel ur emotional pain..i felt so when mine started clocking 14weeks.i can neither concentrate,sleep well nor have good fun.always feeling moody. Eyahh..sorry ok.. embarassed..i come still no understand the new style dem come dy use for online applicants now? You will submit app online,it will take more than 4weeks to carry on biometrics..when the approval go be.

That means for canada, getting school admission (masters)plus visa will take your 1year.
my brother I tire o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Carter001(m): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
michV:
my nigga,i dy feel ur emotional pain..i felt so when mine started clocking 14weeks.i can neither concentrate,sleep well nor have good fun.always feeling moody. Eyahh..sorry ok.. embarassed..i come still no understand the new style dem come dy use for online applicants now? You will submit app online,it will take more than 4weeks to carry on biometrics..when the approval go be.

That means for canada, getting school admission (masters)plus visa will take your 1year.

bro you are absolutely right bout errytin...i don even loose hope nor b joke , i started this whole Canada admission and visa application since February, almost a year gone and nothing to show , of which if na another town , i go don finish 1 semester.....lets wait and see what happens

*i literally check other travel threads errday and see visa testimonies , but our dear canny na diff tory oo.... 2017 better be nice for Pgd(c) applicants
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iphi(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
CannyZionist:

Here is the email: ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
There's no point sending them an email (you can do if you wish). They will contact you to defer your admission to a later term for your TRV to be approved, you can then send your deferred offer letter to them. As for Co-op, the major thing is to get your TRV, then apply for co-op permit when you get to Canada.
BTW, have you been called for medicals in your July application?
nope if I put too much thought might lose sleep.. so just believing in God
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by browndegreat: 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Please who has applied to university of manitoba I need to get some facts about the school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hi guys,

I've got lots of questions to ask. Please be kind enough to help a brother
. I just got admission to the university of ottawa for the January 2017 session.

I need to reapply for visa on or before Oct 17. That would leave me with exactly 11 weeks before class resumes on January 9. Do some of these schools allow late resumption at all? How long do they allow?

2. I have 10 courses to register for my civil engineering Meng program. A friend advised that I can complete these 10 courses in 3 semesters but I don't have an idea how complex these courses are. It would be nice if I can do them in just 3 semesters so that I have few semesters to pay for. Now,when preparing my finances for studies,do I let the visa officer know that I will finish in just 3 semesters? Won't this affect the no of years he would give me on my visa?

Cc nonelikeGod
Thesoj
Michv
Khalesi
Ikem01
Arcayo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
Avalon316:
Hi guys,

. I just got admission to the university of ottawa for the January 2017 session.
I need to reapply for visa on or before Oct 17. That would leave me with exactly 11 weeks before class resumes on January 9. Do some of these schools allow late resumption at all? How long do they allow?

2. I have 10 courses to register for my civil engineering Meng program. A friend advised that I can complete these 10 courses in 3 semesters but I don't have an idea how complex these courses are. It would be nice if I can do them in just 3 semesters so that I have few semesters to pay for. Now,when preparing my finances for studies,do I let the visa officer know that I will finish in just 3 semesters? Won't this affect the no of years he would give me on my visa?

Cc nonelikeGod
Thesoj
Michv
Khalesi
Ikem01
Arcayo
since you have equally put me on the list lemme answer the 1s i can.
@my 1st bolded,some master's applicants are responded earlier as we have seen some cases here while some take longer so this is not determinant on how long it will take for your application to be approved considering the fluctuating processing times. moreso some schools state late resumption dates on their LOA while some can be got from their Webpage semester timetable.so you can equally mail your admission officer when resumption is approaching to know whether there is an official deadline for late resumption for you to be considered.

To @my second bolded, i'm not in the Canada educational system yet to know if you can accumulate courses in 3 semesters or if your school would allow you do so?but let me direct my answers to concerning stating to the VO about the duration of your program;

Making such statements (in reference to accumulating courses) would likely confuse the VO and thereby questioning your length of prosposed stay in canada.just state the duration of your program as it appears on your admission letter.

Meanwhile if i seem inquisitive,what Meng program do you have with Ottawa?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Yelowfellow: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
browndegreat:
Please who has applied to university of manitoba I need to get some facts about the school

I am currently in the process of applying too. I am not yet through. I don't know if I'll have the answers you're looking for, but ask here or pm me. We might get info about stuff from eachother or maybe others can too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by browndegreat: 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
I just pm'd you bro
Yelowfellow:

I am currently in the process of applying too. I am not yet through. I don't know if I'll have the answers you're looking for, but ask here or pm me. We might get info about stuff from eachother or maybe others can too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
I don't think u stand a chance with a B1/B2 visa, but having a study visa is acceptable to apply for TRV (I stand to be corrected)

iamosamede55:

What about a scenario where someone is genuinely visiting a country like US for like 6wks on a B1/B2 visa, can one apply for TRV from dere

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammymexi(m): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
pls house, I was refused on the 12th of sept wen I checked my CIC account. but wen I checked on vfs , it read dat my processed passport has been dispatched to visa application center Lagos on the 19th of sept. pls I am in IMO, and I want to Go and pick my passport on Wednesday being 28th Sept. my question is, will my passport be ready since vfs has not sent me any text for pick up.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
michV:
since you have equally put me on the list lemme answer the 1s i can.
@my 1st bolded,some master's applicants are responded earlier as we have seen some cases here while some take longer so it is not determinant on how long it will take for your application to be approved considering the fluctuating processing times. moreso some schools state late resumption dates on their LOA while some can be got from their Webpage semester timetable.so you can equally mail your admission officer when resumption is approaching to know whether there is an official deadline for late resumption for you to be considered.

To @my second bolded, i'm not in the Canada educational system yet to know if you can accumulate courses in 3 semesters or if your school would allow you do so?but let me direct my answers to concerning stating to the VO about the duration of your program;

Making such statements (in reference to accumulating courses) would likely confuse the VO and thereby questioning your length of prosposed stay in canada.just state the duration of your program as it appears on your admission letter.

Meanwhile if i seem inquisitive,what Meng program do you have with Ottawa?

Meng civil engineering.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Olargee: 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2016
CIC don spoil market sotey centennial wan dey issue visa by diasef!!!
Made123:
can you imagine, I wrote to the centennial college opting for a refund request and they were like I should consider reapplying that they will help me with the visa process free of charge.. please is this true of its just wash because I can't see how they can help out in any way. I stand to be corrected though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oluwayeminikans: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
hi, i am new on this thread. i would like to know more about the Canadian immigration.
well, i have applied to the University of Manitoba to study Disabilities Studies in the Faculty of Graduate Studies although all i have left to do is pay for the application fees of $100 which i do not have now and the session i applied for is in the Fall of 2017. i have attached my ielts(speaking 7.0, listening 7.5, reading & writing 6.0 and overall band score 6.5) academic scores, 1st and 2nd degree certificates and transcripts, i had 2:1 for my B.A and Mphil/Ph.D in M.A degree. i would appreciate information and guidance towards scholarship to fund my studies and possible help through the visa stages when i get to that point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
sammymexi:
pls house, I was refused on the 12th of sept wen I checked my CIC account. but wen I checked on vfs , it read dat my processed passport has been dispatched to visa application center Lagos on the 19th of sept. pls I am in IMO, and I want to Go and pick my passport on Wednesday being 28th Sept. my question is, will my passport be ready since vfs has not sent me any text for pick up.?
u need not text again,it's ready in their office or you MAIL them to be sure. VFS people are thieves cos they collect SMS charges and they bother not sending updates most times pertaining to available and pick up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammymexi(m): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammymexi(m): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammymexi(m): 12:13am On Sep 27, 2016
8 working days for transit. I fink its OK. dis my only free week. and I want to repackage my self for other things...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sholay2011(m): 12:25am On Sep 27, 2016
ChosenCanadian:
Good day people. I waited for about 4 months expecting student visa to canada but the application was refused. I can re-apply but dont have that patience waiting for canadian visa again, hence I decided to go to australia. below are a few questions:

what's the waiting time to get australian visa? how long does it take? (canada took me about 4months)
can one easily process australian admission and study visa all by himself without an agent?
I have a B.Eng in Petroleum Enginnering and intend going for Msc Petroleum Engineering. what schools can you advise?
whats the cost of visa processing?
how much must be in my sponsor's account to apply?

Kindly assist. thanks
I honestly don't have answers to your questions but this your moniker is life-giving. grin cool

May God help you achieve your dreams.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 1:20am On Sep 27, 2016
browndegreat:

I have shoot me a mail. tysaxmalomo@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tayonani: 4:14am On Sep 27, 2016
sholay2011:

I honestly don't have answers to your questions but this your moniker is life-giving. grin cool

May God help you achieve your dreams.
i will advise u to stick to Canada, austalia admission is cubersome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sholay2011(m): 5:00am On Sep 27, 2016
tayonani:
I think you quoted the wrong moniker.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2016
tayonani:
please don't say such for Aussie university's admission.Canada master's admission especially when it comes to research masters program not coursework/taught seems to be a rigorous process compared to others..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 7:04am On Sep 27, 2016
Avalon316:
Hi guys,

Cc nonelikeGod
Thesoj
Michv
Khalesi
Ikem01
Arcayo
This ottawa issue, it's stated in their admission letter that a master's is usually completed in 2 years and you will need apprx 37k a year. Nw i assume the visa officer will multiply that amount by 2, and start ticking insufficient funds ( i think dats what played in my previous app) However from d schools website you can comple your program in 3 or 4 semesters if you wish to. So u need to find a way for explaining dat to the VO, if you don't have 74k. Can we chat privately cos in also going to uottawa in Jan, M.eng Mechanical, lets share ideas. I applied online on Sunday and did biometrics yday, i was delayed before, but due to this time wahala of GCMS notes and 16wks wait time. I jusy tackled my reason of delayed and applied like that

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:12am On Sep 27, 2016
Avalon316:

Meng civil engineering.
Masters app gets faster reply.. We are going for the same course. Wat was ur last two yrs cgpa, i wanted to apply there but changed mind. How long dos d admission process take.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 7:19am On Sep 27, 2016
emma4eva:
Masters app gets faster reply.. We are going for the same course. Wat was ur last two yrs cgpa, i wanted to apply there but changed mind. How long dos d admission process take.
It varies. They need to get all your docs before dey start reviewing. I think 8 working wks from when dey update in your profile dat all your documents has been received.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by TemitopeJ16: 7:23am On Sep 27, 2016
Olargee:
CIC don spoil market sotey centennial wan dey issue visa by diasef!!!

By 2017 canny colleges go dey issue TRV diasef. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bravemykl: 7:29am On Sep 27, 2016
Good morning everyone. This Canada Issues is getting me upset seriously
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2016
iamosamede55:

It varies. They need to get all your docs before dey start reviewing. I think 8 working wks from when dey update in your profile dat all your documents has been received.
I actually tout ottawa uni tuition was 14k, not knowin it was 24k.. same was western uni. by d way how did u tackle ur insufficient funds in ur new app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by prittygift114: 7:43am On Sep 27, 2016
bravemykl:
Good morning everyone. This Canada Issues is getting me upset seriously

Hey bro, take ur time to go through the previous thread, part 8,9,10 and 11,after reading through am sure you will sort it out by urself..Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2016
CIC una weldone o grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Carter001(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2016
ziggy3579:
CIC una weldone o grin

grin grin ,bro hwfar ur app ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.