Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912430 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2016
My brother I Neva hear anything from them,13 weeks and still counting.
Carter001:

grin grin ,bro hwfar ur app ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Carter001(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2016
ziggy3579:
My brother I Neva hear anything from them,13 weeks and still counting.
Der matter tire pesin...e go better sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2016
Let's be hopeful, miracles still happen
Carter001:

Der matter tire pesin...e go better sha

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lacord5: 11:25am On Sep 27, 2016
Avalon316:
Hi guys,

I've got lots of questions to ask. Please be kind enough to help a brother
. I just got admission to the university of ottawa for the January 2017 session.

I need to reapply for visa on or before Oct 17. That would leave me with exactly 11 weeks before class resumes on January 9. Do some of these schools allow late resumption at all? How long do they allow?

2. I have 10 courses to register for my civil engineering Meng program. A friend advised that I can complete these 10 courses in 3 semesters but I don't have an idea how complex these courses are. It would be nice if I can do them in just 3 semesters so that I have few semesters to pay for. Now,when preparing my finances for studies,do I let the visa officer know that I will finish in just 3 semesters? Won't this affect the no of years he would give me on my visa?

Cc nonelikeGod
Thesoj
Michv
Khalesi
Ikem01
Arcayo

Hello Avalon

Am only responding because I have seen this your question many times. I believe you are looking to reduce your tuition fees per Semester. From my understanding, tuition is calculated per credit not by how many Semesters. What you see per Semester reflects how many credits you take in that given Semester. Many programs which are 30 credits take 15 credits per Semester, which could be about 5 courses of 3 credit each.

As a full time student you need to be registered in at least 9 credits per Semester, less than that, and you lose full time status.

Now if you decide to pack all your courses which could be taken over 6 Semesters into 3 Semesters, you won't pay less, rather you will pay the whole 2 years tuition in 1 year, because remember its the credits that is costed not the Semesters.

Hope I was able to answer your question.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 11:41am On Sep 27, 2016
emma4eva:
I actually tout ottawa uni tuition was 14k, not knowin it was 24k.. same was western uni. by d way how did u tackle ur insufficient funds in ur new app
I got a co-sponsor, dat swore an affidavit of support to the tune of 5m, 2.5 m per year. Then my primary sponsor transfer 5m to my account to cover my first tuition and one year accommodation. Then my primary sponsor also swore an affidavit dat she wikk b providing funding for my subsequent semesters from the uk $8k every quatre. After transferring 5m to my account she still had 17m balance. Then i wrote loe dat i plan on completing my masters in 4semesters and backed it up with facts from uottawa's website that its possible to complete it in less dan 2 yrs. I also submitted international soa of my primary sponsor and her six month pay slip averaging £12k per month.
Finally na God get power, I've done d best i can. Na God hand e come dey nw for favour.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by burrytee(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
@thesoj.baba I go like pm for an assistance. thank yu.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OGreene: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good day house,

anyone going for International Development Studies/ Development Practice? or planning for Fall 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by domex007: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
goodday friends
I intend submitting my second application for canada via paper route.
I need assistance on how to start and how to submit. I used an agent for the first app but now I don't have money for any agent (can't pay for something that is not guaranteed)
I also need assistance in writing statement of purpose on how to cover the gap of my secondary school from 2012 till date. 08162056506. my email is not working. pls what's app me with that number. thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by domex007: 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
browndegreat:
Please who has applied to university of manitoba I need to get some facts about the school

I applied to Manitoba. university one program for winter 2017. I can be of help to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OGreene: 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Please can one get a TA and still work outside d sch premises. You know the normal work and study thingy.

I dont know if i shud tick YES for TA, in my application form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
iamosamede55:

I got a co-sponsor, dat swore an affidavit of support to the tune of 5m, 2.5 m per year. Then my primary sponsor transfer 5m to my account to cover my first tuition and one year accommodation. Then my primary sponsor also swore an affidavit dat she wikk b providing funding for my subsequent semesters from the uk $8k every quatre. After transferring 5m to my account she still had 17m balance. Then i wrote loe dat i plan on completing my masters in 4semesters and backed it up with facts from uottawa's website that its possible to complete it in less dan 2 yrs. I also submitted international soa of my primary sponsor and her six month pay slip averaging £12k per month.
Finally na God get power, I've done d best i can. Na God hand e come dey nw for favour.

Iykecharles316@yahoo.com

Are you sure that by telling the visa officer you will finish your courses in four semesters,he wouldn't approve just the exact no of months you will spend?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sleekysoft(m): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
sorry house to those that applied for post graduate diploma, please how long does it takes for one to be given admission ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lawmerchant: 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Jimmyjob:
Hello, Pls I am coming to Canada next year for school(Ottawa). Is there anything I should know before traveling and after I arrive?

Yes. Before traveling you need to know that the weather it Ottawa could go as low as -40ºC in winter smiley

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lawmerchant: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
iamosamede55:

What about a scenario where someone is genuinely visiting a country like US for like 6wks on a B1/B2 visa, can one apply for TRV from dere

Yes you can but you'll have to go to Canada Visa Application Center (VAC) in Los Angeles. See the link below for details.
https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-us/selfservice/cvac_welcome

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sholay2011(m): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
OGreene:
Please can one get a TA and still work outside d sch premises. You know the normal work and study thingy.

I dont know if i shud tick YES for TA, in my application form.
I will advise you tick 'Yes' for TA.

Jobs on campus are not usually counted as part of your 'maximum of 20 hours' part-time job as a student. So, if you believe you can combine it successfully with your studies, then, take the TA job and also search for one off-campus.

Campus jobs pay more (usually) with few hours though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
iamosamede55:

just don't nail yourself with ''LENGTH OF PROSPOSED STAY'' by the VO. it is only a patient VO would calm to understand such when he/she would be going by the exact duration stated by your intended institution on your admission letter to determine the duration he/she would be stamping on your passport ,be careful about this.Mind you whether you are accumulating your courses and paying the same tuition fees in other to complete it in 1yr might not be of the VO's concern.''you and your admission officer should have bargained such to issue you customized letter of acceptance and specially stating your program duration''.

NB;if anyone has done this before,come and explain the logic to the moniker
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OGreene: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
Okay @sholay2011
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iyobs7(f): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
I WANT TO PLEAD WITH THOSE THAT HAVE APPLIED ALREADY TO COLLEGES FOR PGC PROGRAMS, WHICH IS THE QUICKEST OR FASTEST COLLEGE IN TERMS OF ADMISSION ISSUANCE? MY SPONSOR WILL BE IN NIGERIA IN A WEEK AND HE EXPECTS TO SEE THE ADMISSION LETTER AS SOON AS HE ARRIVES. PLEASE HELP ME.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by deebla: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Avalon316:

Iykecharles316@yahoo.com

Are you sure that by telling the visa officer you will finish your courses in four semesters,he wouldn't approve just the exact no of months you will spend?

To respond to the issue of issuing visa for exact number of years or months or so; It is important to know that applying for study permit or TRV inside Canada is as simple as applying for your Nigerian passport in Nigeria. Many things are overly simple and easy when you are inside Canada than outside. In essence, if your Study permit is about to expire and you anticipate you will still be in school after it expires, all you need is a letter from school and study permit extension is provided by CIC.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2016
emma4eva :
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER 2017)
1. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
2. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
3. emma4eva : sept 4th, MEng. western university, online
4. anyachostan: sept 19th, university of Saskatchewan,Msc upfront medical, paper route.
5. Daarey: Aug 17th, University of Prince Edwrad Island, UG, Online
6. Ajayi4: August 11, MA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Paper Route, Medical Passed
7. nonny1: August 22, MSc, University of Saskatchewan, Paper route
8. bbwollex: Sept 22nd, Humber college PGC, paper route
9. iamosamede55: Sept 25th, MEng, University of Ottawa, online route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lawmerchant: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
iyobs7:
I WANT TO PLEAD WITH THOSE THAT HAVE APPLIED ALREADY TO COLLEGES FOR PGC PROGRAMS, WHICH IS THE QUICKEST OR FASTEST COLLEGE IN TERMS OF ADMISSION ISSUANCE? MY SPONSOR WILL BE IN NIGERIA IN A WEEK AND HE EXPECTS TO SEE THE ADMISSION LETTER AS SOON AS HE ARRIVES. PLEASE HELP ME.
What program are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
@ajayi4 pls I need ur number I need some question about mum. pls kindly reply asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yungreezy: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Seajae:

Can you enlighten us more about their tuition and working conditions ,?
really don't know much about ireland . This is the only info I was able to get

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iyobs7(f): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
lawmerchant:

What program are you going for?

ANY IT PROGRAM, COMPUTER AND NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL, NETWORK ADMINISTRATION E.T.C BUT EXCLUDING PROGRAMMING. PLEASE PEOPLE I NEED YOUR INPUT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by laamilaaka: 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello house, can someone please help with email address to cic , and mobile no.have since not gotten a reason for refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mayor05: 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
I have been following this thread from the concluding part of part10. I applied for study permit in may(17) with an admission letter from seneca college to study applied electronics design(1yr program).My undergraduate degree is Elect/elect Eng(second class lower division).Made full payment of tuition to seneca and submitted a proof from the school with my visa app docx. submitted a bank statement of 10m(my late dad's account,which I'm a signatory to) On the 14th of September I was refused without a call for medicals. On getting my passport yesterday, I was refused on 'insufficient funds' basis and personal asset. did I forget to say I made a payment of CAD11k with my tuition hoping that I can get a refund when I get to canada to use sort my accommodation cos I anticipated nigeria's present economic woes. So to be refused on such basis was unthinkable. well I'm starting my refund processing immediately. just felt I should share my case. you guys are doing a great job on here,well done.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
mayor05:
I have been following this thread from the concluding part of part10. I applied for study permit in may(17) with an admission letter from seneca college to study applied electronics design(1yr program).My undergraduate degree is Elect/elect Eng(second class lower division).Made full payment of tuition to seneca and submitted a proof from the school with my visa app docx. submitted a bank statement of 10m(my late dad's account,which I'm a signatory to) On the 14th of September I was refused without a call for medicals. On getting my passport yesterday, I was refused on 'insufficient funds' basis and personal asset. did I forget to say I made a payment of CAD11k with my tuition hoping that I can get a refund when I get to canada to use sort my accommodation cos I anticipated nigeria's present economic woes. So to be refused on such basis was unthinkable. well I'm starting my refund processing immediately. just felt I should share my case. you guys are doing a great job on here,well done.
was it the 3 boxes that were ticked for insufficient?
nawa ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.