Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party (29856 Views)

The Leadership Team Of KOWA Party / KOWA Party's Endorsemnt Of The PDP In Edo State Is False! / Did KOWA Party Shade PDP Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Princesschi(f): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
mehn I don port to kowa straight up

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Drsheddy(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kowa in IGALA means brings it!

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Badtman:
I swear anytin that make Me dump APC Na Kowa straight
Who sabi u for APC?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
KOWAnigeria:

Yes we can. We have been speaking out but maybe not loud enough. It depends on all of us. Be a part of KOWA Party and join in making our voice louder.
You guys can start by sponsoring massive campaign adverts on major tv/radio stations. Spread the word, only then will Nigerians notice You ... Not by creating a thread on nairaland. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by ruggedtimi(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kowa party candidate won the election ahead of PDP and AC candidate during the 2011 house of assembly election brass constituency3 bayelsa state. Hon Abraham ingobere the first elected kowa candidate
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2016

What's the difference between this and the existing Nigeria political parties?

Who are the founders of this party? Angels

It had better not be Nigerians cos I got serious issues with trust
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
We shall see.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by cdoffx(m): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
I went with KOWA during the last election because I was tired of PDP and I knew APC wouldn't deliver

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
When will be KOWA's national convention?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by RosaConsidine: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hooe they didn't come uo with this explanation after realizing they came up with a party name they couldn't explain. grin

Anyways, those are pretty specific translatioms that don't take into consideration dialects and inflections. For example, in a particular inflection in Yoruba, it means "not coming" or "not coming". So how does that help their case? Aren't they coming to power?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by josite: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
the intention behind this kowa party is noble but this kowa name is a disaster.it makes the party a joky affair.why not come up with a meaningful name.kowa ko,ko lo ni.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by BlackBaron: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
Who are your leaders and credentials...
You can start by articulating your party's manifesto, your leaders, ideology and so via Youtube.

We would rather see a party who can say over the course of a year, state how they can solve some of the problems.
We want to see debates from your candidates against each other which should run many months before your party's primaries.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Badtman(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Who sabi u for APC?
OrlandoOwoh grin

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by efilefun(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Noticed that and was like WTF!!! why does he/she/IT have to copy and paste the same post again or could it be MUSEWA or whatever that dude is called thats behind this account cuz thats something he does regularly
modath:

Attention!!!Whoever is managing this handle,

Straight copy & paste without editing the highlighted is a pointer to laziness and inability to pay attention to details... we are complaining about recycling same old politicians, you are recycling posts here!!

What's new or fresh then? embarassed

Clean it up and I will modify the quoted!!

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Pylony(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
A political party with a tribal ideology on the three major tribes that help ruine this nation are not to be trusted.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by MrSly(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
APC came with change and we are so happy with and addicted to the change that we even want to change the change.
Now we are changing to KOWA

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by iamawara(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
KOWA kor konji ni. take this thing outta front page jor
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by ultimate73(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
I no do

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by motherfucker: 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
KOWAnigeria:
1. Good Afternoon Nigeria.

It is time to answer the question:

"What does KOWA mean?"

KOWA party was founded by a group of technocrats who wanted a change in the Nigerian political sphere. KOWA party was founded on the strong ideals of democracy and good governance.
KOWA party's ideology is primarily social Welfarism and Modernism.

Social welfare - the ideology that everyone deserves equal access to justice, education and healthcare.

Modernism-the philosophy that affirms the power of humans to reshape their environment with the aid of scientific knowledge.

KOWA is not an acronym but a word that can mean different things in different Nigerian languages.

In Hausa Language, KOWA means 'everybody'; meaning all of us are members.

In Yoruba, KOWA means 'let it come'; meaning let the good life come.

In Igbo, KOWA means 'explain'. That could also mean 'openness' and 'transparency'.

KOWA Party believes that a moral obligation is placed on public officers to commit themselves to a lifestyle marked by simplicity.
A country which scores abysmally low on almost every single development index must focus on infrastructural development and the provision of long-denied social services.

KOWA party believes that Nigerian youths play a huge role in the all round development of Nigeria so we welcome youths with our arms wide open.

KOWA party is open to people of all ages and tribe.
It is so good to finally have you guys here. This is a perfect timing and something we had talked about. People say you do not have the financial capacity effect the kind of impact that APC and PDP have always had. But if you would take my words and act on it, trust me, there is nothing you can not achieve.

You may not have the kind of money they have but you have hands, you have brains eyes, you can read and you can write. Above all you have the INTERNET. The most powerful tool anyone can use to amass wealth in whatever form he so please.

Use the internet, interact with the people, especially here on nairaland. Do not do it deceptively but pragmatically. Go viral, and go places. Before you know what is happening, people will begin to grant you interviews for FREE and you will also use that as well expand your manifesto. Get the best brains who understand social media marketing and content marketing to help you map out a plan for your party to follow.

Right now, your goal should be reaching the people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
KOWA Party...together we make a difference.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by 01Mysticdon(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
If Kowa becomes stronger I will register as their card carrying member when I turn 18 next year.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Folksyharry(m): 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
KOWAnigeria:
Please visit kowaparty.net to register

I was wondering when another party will take advantage of the current struggles in APC and PDP. I will gladly support you. I couldn't vote vote for PDP in the last election and couldn't vote for APC either because I believe they are the same but I'll will cheerfully support KOWA as long they prove they really want to change Nigeria.
I would've preferred "ng" to ".net" though. Following thread bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Godmann(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Another APC in the making. I can't trust anything that comes across as APC
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Ajibel(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kowa seems to hold lots of promises but you are not just doing enough and taking advantage of the social media where most of we youths live.

Evidence already is how the handle treats responses here on NL.

The handler was even referring us to a website instead of selling his party image right here.

What happened to copy and paste

Nothing wrong in having a thread on NL to outline your manifesto and vision. That way we all can comment on it, make suggestions, ask questions (and expect prompt feedbacks) and help you spread the word if you are able to convince us.

Most of us are tired of PDP and APC.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Xtanixlax(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
All dez parties dah "get JAMB scores" (210,198,215,268) during election
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Jafar1: 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
Native names only

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by rose54321: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is great. Political parties in Nigeria shouldn't only wake up doing election.
You can't believe we have over 15 parties yet only 2 dominate the news.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
We never survive the present change, you dey talk about another one.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Babysho(m): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
KOWAnigeria:
1. Good Afternoon Nigeria.

It is time to answer the question:

"What does KOWA mean?"

KOWA party was founded by a group of technocrats who wanted a change in the Nigerian political sphere. KOWA party was founded on the strong ideals of democracy and good governance.
KOWA party's ideology is primarily social Welfarism and Modernism.

Social welfare - the ideology that everyone deserves equal access to justice, education and healthcare.

Modernism-the philosophy that affirms the power of humans to reshape their environment with the aid of scientific knowledge.

KOWA is not an acronym but a word that can mean different things in different Nigerian languages.

In Hausa Language, KOWA means 'everybody'; meaning all of us are members.

In Yoruba, KOWA means 'let it come'; meaning let the good life come.

In Igbo, KOWA means 'explain'. That could also mean 'openness' and 'transparency'.

KOWA Party believes that a moral obligation is placed on public officers to commit themselves to a lifestyle marked by simplicity.
A country which scores abysmally low on almost every single development index must focus on infrastructural development and the provision of long-denied social services.

KOWA party believes that Nigerian youths play a huge role in the all round development of Nigeria so we welcome youths with our arms wide open.

KOWA party is open to people of all ages and tribe.

As much as I'd love to tell you guys to Keep Moving and Work Hard, the fact is that you can't make progress in Nigeria's Political Battle until you have an Influencial Godfather supporting you. The Godfather might be corrupt or not...corrupt Godfathers would even be more effective but never forget the mantra of the Kowa movement!.
Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by AfroKnight: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kowa is the same. If one chieftain from PDP asks to join, will they be able to refuse him membership? No. They will take his money and dance to his tune.

What we need is awareness as citizens. We need to know that if we vote certain individuals into office we will live with the consequences. The victory of Nigerians can only come from getting the right man to win the primaries. If not, someone would just buy himself a ticket and lead the party into another season of corruption.

Once the parties have chosen their candidates all we can do is choose the lesser evil. But evil is evil, less or not.

A pity our constitution recognizes only partisan politics. We need the chance to vote individuals instead of parties as a whole.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by motherfucker: 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
VikingsOO7:
You guys can start by sponsoring massive campaign adverts on major tv/radio stations. Spread the word, only then will Nigerians notice You ... Not by creating a thread on nairaland. Thanks
bro, they do not have the kind of financial capacity like APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party by Babysho(m): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
RosaConsidine:
Hooe they didn't come uo with this explanation after realizing they came up with a party name they couldn't explain. grin

Anyways, those are pretty specific translatioms that don't take into consideration dialects and inflections. For example, in a particular inflection in Yoruba, it means "not coming" or "not coming". So how does that help their case? Aren't they coming to power?

I support their mantra and all because we really need an "All smart youths in charge type of Government".

But, I really have to criticize the obvious; the name of the party grin.

They came up with KOWA unconsciously!

I feel like its a total yoruba something. They weren't thinking 'Nigeria' at all. The party might be an affiliate of Odudwa Yoruba Stuff sef grin.

Then they tried to save the name when they noticed people were into " One Nigeria". They started making up meaningless words from Igbo and Hausa language that has nothing to do with Nigeria or Their Movement. Even forgetting there are other regions aside those three.

It's sad yet funny. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-CBN Staff Forfeits TEEDEK Polytechnic To Government [Photos] / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt / The First 5 Female Judges In Nigeria (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.