Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162792 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by LudaChriz(m): 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Pls I want to get a UK used laptop, how do I check for the specs of the system (about phone in the case of phone), and what are other things to check out for in the system to be sure am not buying a fake laptop.
I will appreciate your response
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:54am On Jan 21, 2017
LudaChriz:
Pls I want to get a UK used laptop, how do I check for the specs of the system (about phone in the case of phone), and what are other things to check out for in the system to be sure am not buying a fake laptop.
I will appreciate your response
Use the following guidelines to help you in
buying a used laptop.
1)Go to system properties and check for the
model of the system, processor type and speed
as well as if the operating system is activated.
Also check for the size of the RAM in this menu.
The larger the RAM size, the better for your
computer and more expensive the laptop will be.
In making your choice, run from AMD laptops
most especially because it is a used one.
2)Open notepad and press every key on the
keyboard for efficiency, accuracy and response.
watch out for keys that respond multiple times
when pressed once as well as those that dont
respond once.
3) Test the sound of the laptop if it is audible.
Also watch out for faulty/damaged speakers that
makes unpleasant noise when playing music.
Use an ear piece to test if the audio jack is
working. Also test all the USB ports of the laptop
if they recognize external devices such as
phones.
4) Insert a memory card reader into its slot and
check if it is working.
5) while doing all the above, use your palm or
its back to feel round the body of the laptop for
temperature. Observe if any area is abnormally
hot. if it is, drop it.
6) Test the DVD/CD ROM with a disc if if it is
working. play both an audio and a DVD (if the
laptop has that spec) disc on it. Ensure it is
working and not making unnecessary noise like
a car with a faulty gear.
7)check device manager to ensure all hardware
components are driven.
8 ) connect the laptop to wifi or portable hotspot
to ensure the network adapter is working.
9) test the camera (if it has) and see if it is
working.
10) Now check the size of the hard drive. The
larger the size of the hard drive, the more the
files it can store for you. if you intend using the
laptop to do heavy downloads of movies, then
go for 320gb or higher hard drive size. Also,
sufficient space on your hard drive in addition to
a good RAM size helps your laptop run
smoothly.
11) Check if the battery life is good. Go for
atleast two hours hours battery back up. Plug in
the charger and move your mouse pointer over
the battery icon on the screen. Observe if you
can see 'plugged in,charging' . if true, then note
the percentage of the battery. now continue
watching and observe that the battery is
increasing. let it increase like 5 percent.
12|)if the laptop has Bluetooth, check if it is
working.
13) check for any physical damage on the body
of the laptop. move the hinges to and fro and
see if the display of the screen shakes in
response. if you notice any shaking, then the
laptop has issues.
if all these are ok and the laptop meets your
budget, go for it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ezewealth(m): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
Sir, if I power my laptop, after a little time it will hang to the extent that every thing will be still I can even move my pointers , for it to be normal again,i had to shut it down using the power button and power it again. So any time I want to use my laptop I power it, shut it down using the power button and power it again.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:45am On Jan 25, 2017
ezewealth:
Sir, if I power my laptop, after a little time it will hang to the extent that every thing will be still I can even move my pointers , for it to be normal again,i had to shut it down using the power button and power it again. So any time I want to use my laptop I power it, shut it down using the power button and power it again.
I already discussed with you on whstsapp.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2017
morning guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:33am On Jan 27, 2017
morning guys
sotall:
morning guys
morning guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Demrich(m): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
I upgraded to window 8.1 how do i activate free....key?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
Demrich:
I upgraded to window 8.1 how do i activate free....key?
get a windows activator . Buy from those guys selling computer software. its pretty easy to use.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by techP(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
sotall:
get a windows activator . Buy from those guys selling computer software. its pretty easy to use.
? than
hey boss my google chrome doesnt load google inclined pages i.e google.com, youtube even facebook. displays this message:

"your connection is not private" bla bla bla

how can i resolve this? thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
techP:
? than
hey boss my google chrome doesnt load google inclined pages i.e google.com, youtube even facebook. displays this message:

"your connection is not private" bla bla bla

how can i resolve this? thanks
what browser are you using?
Meanwhile, why don't you uninstall the browser and install a new one?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by techP(m): 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
sotall:
what browser are you using?
Meanwhile, why don't you uninstall the browser and install a new one?

Google chrome browser. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. same thing
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
techP:

Google chrome browser. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. same thing
Goto settings and restore all settings to default
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by forandy(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
Good day bro, got this Acer brand laptop, the both shift keys aren't working. Anything I could do about this? Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
forandy:
Good day bro, got this Acer brand laptop, the both shift keys aren't working. Anything I could do about this? Thanks
press CTRL+ ALT+ NUM keys to reset the keyboard. if it doesn't work see an engineer who will help you remove the keyboard and troubleshoot if you will change the keyboard or not.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by forandy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2017
sotall:
press CTRL+ ALT+ NUM keys to reset the keyboard. if it doesn't work see an engineer who will help you remove the keyboard and troubleshoot if you will change the keyboard or not.

Thanks much. With your knowledge, between a HP laptop with 2.1Ghz, 500GB ROM and 4GB RAM and a Dell product with 3.2Ghz processor, 320Gb ROM and 4Gb RAM, which is preferable ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
forandy:

Thanks much. With your knowledge, between a HP laptop with 2.1Ghz, 500GB ROM and 4GB RAM and a Dell product with 3.2Ghz processor, 320Gb ROM and 4Gb RAM, which is preferable ?
The Dell is preferable as it has a higher processor speed. you can always upgrade the hard drive from 320gb to 500gb if you wish
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by forandy(m): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2017
sotall:
The Dell is preferable as it has a higher processor speed. you can always upgrade the hard drive from 320gb to 500gb if you wish

Thanks much
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by seyema(m): 9:34am On Feb 01, 2017
I need battery for my laptop Samsung rv510-A04
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2017
seyema:
I need battery for my laptop Samsung rv510-A04
Get it from those shops selling computer accessories. if you are in Lagos, bring your laptop to computer village and I will get it for you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:35am On Feb 03, 2017
morning guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adicsonbaba(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
pls sir, I'm using dell latitude D610, I dey use xp on the lappy before it corrupt then I load window 7 to it when I dey load am e dey load but it will get to a stage that it will say system needs to restart then after restarting by itself it will take me back to load the window from the start again... what can I do ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
Adicsonbaba:
pls sir, I'm using dell latitude D610, I dey use xp on the lappy before it corrupt then I load window 7 to it when I dey load am e dey load but it will get to a stage that it will say system needs to restart then after restarting by itself it will take me back to load the window from the start again... what can I do ?
you are missing something. When it gets to the restart point, remove or eject either the windows CD or flash drive you are using to load it. this will make the system load from your internal hard drive and complete the loading process.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Pearlbim1(f): 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
I have a Neat Dell latitude D510 for sale and a faulty Macbook for sale . contact me if you are interested pearlbim@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2017
hi guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by brisstone(m): 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
please my laptop lenovo x200. it was writing fan error if i want to boot it and it wont start. but i removed the battery and fixed it bk n i blew the fan area and lots of dust came out and it started working. but soon i went to charge and i started perceiving smell of something burning..
i went to give it to an engineer who serviced it and cleaned the all part.
but it developes another fault. if i should try booting the system it wont boot but will be making a sound. but i should plug the charger it will boot, shoq the percentage and be charging increasing in percentage. but as but as soon as i remove the charger it will off. thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
brisstone:
please my laptop lenovo x200. it was writing fan error if i want to boot it and it wont start. but i removed the battery and fixed it bk n i blew the fan area and lots of dust came out and it started working. but soon i went to charge and i started perceiving smell of something burning..
i went to give it to an engineer who serviced it and cleaned the all part.
but it developes another fault. if i should try booting the system it wont boot but will be making a sound. but i should plug the charger it will boot, shoq the percentage and be charging increasing in percentage. but as but as soon as i remove the charger it will off. thanks

This means the laptop doesnt power with battery anymore. To confirm this, remove the charger and power it with only the battery, it wont switch on.
This is a motherboard error. Take it to the nearest engineer or if you are in Lagos and need someone to resolve it, you can contact me on 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Junki04(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Good day sir, i use an Acer Emachine laptop, if i want to start it, press the on button, the fan starts rolling buh it doesn't display anything on rhw screen, then i checked on the internet, used F8 + shift, it worked a couple of times but now it doesn't anymore.. it's just same thing, doesn't come up but you can hear the fan rolling. Note: its an AMD processor. what can i do?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Junki04:
Good day sir, i use an Acer Emachine laptop, if i want to start it, press the on button, the fan starts rolling buh it doesn't display anything on rhw screen, then i checked on the internet, used F8 + shift, it worked a couple of times but now it doesn't anymore.. it's just same thing, doesn't come up but you can hear the fan rolling. Note: its an AMD processor. what can i do?
if it is AMD and is having display issue....start budgeting to buy another laptop.
Meanwhile , I can help you check the motherboard if it can be resolved.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by xpool(m): 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
Please CD/DVD Drive does not display in my computer, HP Pavillion dv6500, what should i do

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.