Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161352 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ephemzy: 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
@Skydancer and everyone. My system had problem and I mistakenly reset it ,all my files re gone, I tried so many softwares to recover it,I can preview my files but I can't recover them cus they ask me to pay $65 ,pls is there any free software I can use in recovering my files,I really need those files ,house pls help me..
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ephemzy: 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
My system had problem and I mistakenly reset it ,all my files re gone, I tried so many softwares to recover it,I can preview my files but I can't recover them cus they ask me to pay $65 ,pls is there any free software I can use in recovering my files,I really need those files ,house pls help me..
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
ephemzy:
@Skydancer and everyone. My system had problem and I
mistakenly reset it ,all my files re gone, I tried so many softwares
to recover it,I can preview my files but I can't recover them cus
they ask me to pay $65 ,pls is there any free software I can use in
recovering my files,I really need those files ,house pls help me..
I can help you recover them if you are in Lagos. Call or whstsapp me on 08164685979
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by owugozie(f): 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
My CD/DVD ROM is missing both in Device Manager and in File Explorer and am tired of Googling because all my effort searching brings out no result. The CD/DVD ROM will eject normally and will even read the disk when inserted but can't find it in File explorer.

My device is HP Pavilion DV9700: Window 10
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
owugozie:
My CD/DVD ROM is missing both in Device Manager and in File Explorer and am tired of Googling because all my effort searching brings out no result. The CD/DVD ROM will eject normally and will even read the disk when inserted but can't find it in File explorer.

My device is HP Pavilion DV9700: Window 10
Downgrade the OS back to its original OS. Not every system can run windows 10 smoothly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by jude33084(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Op I need an HP Quadcore processor, 3ghz and above.

Can you help me with it or link me up with a seller?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by viccozy(m): 12:46am On Jan 07, 2017
Good morning OP.pls I wuld like 2 know how possible it is to upgrade the processor on hp elitebook 6930p. Would also like to know how much an original double cell battery costs for it.few days ago,it stopped reading discs and this was after I updated some drivers.am confused as to what might hav caused that because I didn't update the driver for the CD/DVD ROM.thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Emmyleb: 10:32am On Jan 07, 2017
Pls what might be thecause of my laptop nt detecting any driver I insert tru the ports?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Damsuk(m): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Having problem with my hp250 G4. Anytime i try connecying to wifi it always says access limited and sometimes it will connect but wont browse
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rasbel(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2017
"please insert a disk into Removable Disk (Fsmiley." says my laptop when I tried connecting my tablet with it. please help me out. HP 620 OS windows 10
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by naughtylagosguy(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2017
Hello, please help me with my Windows 10. I'm having troubles connecting to wireless networks. The wifi will see lists of available wireless networks but whenever I try to connect to any wireless network even after putting in the password, it says unable to connect to this network. If it's a new network, I might be able to connect to it for the first time but I won't be able to make subsequent connections to it.

I've browsed online for solution and I've done everything possible but it's still not connecting to wireless.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2017
viccozy:
Good morning OP.pls I wuld like 2 know how possible it is to upgrade the processor on hp elitebook 6930p. Would also like to know how much an original double cell battery costs for it.few days ago,it stopped reading discs and this was after I updated some drivers.am confused as to what might hav caused that because I didn't update the driver for the CD/DVD ROM.thanks in anticipation.
chatted with you already
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:16am On Jan 08, 2017
Damsuk:
Having problem with my hp250 G4. Anytime i try connecying to wifi it always says access limited and sometimes it will connect but wont browse
check if internet source is OK.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:19am On Jan 08, 2017
naughtylagosguy:
Hello, please help me with my Windows 10. I'm having troubles connecting to wireless networks. The wifi will see lists of available wireless networks but whenever I try to connect to any wireless network even after putting in the password, it says unable to connect to this network. If it's a new network, I might be able to connect to it for the first time but I won't be able to make subsequent connections to it.

I've browsed online for solution and I've done everything possible but it's still not connecting to wireless.
If you are not able to connect to a network after putting the correct password, check the internet source settings. There maybe a firewall preventing you from connecting.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by naughtylagosguy(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2017
sotall:
If you are not able to connect to a network after putting the correct password, check the internet source settings. There maybe a firewall preventing you from connecting.

How can I check the internet source settings?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:51am On Jan 08, 2017
naughtylagosguy:

How can I check the internet source settings?
Depending on the device you are trying to connect to, check the settings on that device for any firewall or addtional security that is preventing you from connecting.
if it is your phone, check if the phone itself is browsing .
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by naughtylagosguy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
sotall:
Depending on the device you are trying to connect to, check the settings on that device for any firewall or addtional security that is preventing you from connecting.
if it is your phone, check if the phone itself is browsing .

Other people are able to connect to the wireless network. It is only my laptop that does not connect to the wireless. I've tried it with about 5 different wireless network and its the same thing.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by lmm4real: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
sotall:
Hi guys, I am a computer engineer and specializes in servicing and repairing laptops. Post your laptops issue here and i will give you solution that would help you fix it yourself.

Do you have a BIOS-passworded laptop and finding it hard to clear the password?

Call or whatsapp me on the number on my signature

Other engineers in the house can contribute.

Soft ware issue
I minstakinly deleted my nvidia graphics driver. Hw do I install it back
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
lmm4real:

Soft ware issue
I minstakinly deleted my nvidia graphics driver. Hw do I install it back
Use driver pack to drive it back.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
naughtylagosguy:

Other people are able to connect to the wireless network. It is only my laptop that does not connect to the wireless. I've tried it with about 5 different wireless network and its the same thing.
Its either you or someone changed the way your computer connects to the internet via WiFi.
Go to your web browser and try to restore its connection to default settings.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
naughtylagosguy:

Go to your device manager and chevk if your network is driven. if its not, drive it.

On the other hand, its either you or someone changed the way your computer connects to the internet via WiFi.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by efec(m): 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
is it possible to power a Sony vaio system without the battery(straight to the socket )??, the battery in the system is bad,want to make sure it's only the battery that's bad and nothing else. tried plugging it straight but it didn't power up,want to know if it's peculiar with Sony systems (not powering without a good battery?)
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
efec:
is it possible to power a Sony vaio system without the battery(straight to the socket )??, the battery in the system is bad,want to make sure it's only the battery that's bad and nothing else. tried plugging it straight but it didn't power up,want to know if it's peculiar with Sony systems (not powering without a good battery?)
Every laptop should power with or without the battery when the power adapter plugged to the mains is plugged in.

if it doesnt power, there is problem somewhere. its either your charger is bad or the motherboard is having issues.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by naughtylagosguy(m): 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
sotall:
Go to your device manager and chevk if your network is driven. if its not, drive it.

On the other hand, its either you or someone changed the way your computer connects to the internet via WiFi.

I've changed my web browser connection to it's default settings. That didn't solve the problem.

I opened Device Manager but I can't find where to check if my network is driven or not.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Solomon1759(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2017
please i am having a challenge with a flash drive writing "this disk is write-protected" ... i av tried all i could do to flash and delete some item but all was to no avail ....please what else can i do to overcome this issue

Thanking you in advance as I awaits your prompt solution
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 4:13am On Jan 09, 2017
naughtylagosguy:

I've changed my web browser connection to it's default settings. That didn't solve the problem.

I opened Device Manager but I can't find where to check if my network is driven or not.
click on your network adapter to reveal all its drivers. If you see a yellow icon beside any of them, then it isn't driven
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 4:28am On Jan 09, 2017
Solomon1759:
please i am having a challenge with a flash drive writing "this disk is write-protected" ... i av tried all i could do to flash and delete some item but all was to no avail ....please what else can i do to overcome this issue

Thanking you in advance as I awaits your prompt solution

Goto your windows search pane and input regedit.Double-click on the WriteProtect
value in the right-hand pane of Regedit.exe.
Change the Value data from 1 to 0 and click OK
to save the change. Close Regedit and restart
your computer. Connect your USB drive again,
and you should find it is no longer write
protected.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by illusionsbyafo(m): 7:15am On Jan 09, 2017
My laptop is not loading past the dell logo...after the logo,it goes blank with the backlight on...please help..
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by rednuth(m): 7:29am On Jan 09, 2017
I have an HP 250 laptop. the motherboard got damaged by a sicktard engineer. I want you to advicee, should I get another motherboard Or just buy another PC. if the option of replacing is yours , how much does the board costs?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2017
illusionsbyafo:
My laptop is not loading past the dell logo...after the logo,it goes blank with the backlight on...please help..
Did you hit the laptop on something?

Because this is most likely a hard drive crash or shifting.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by naughtylagosguy(m): 9:29am On Jan 09, 2017
sotall:
click on your network adapter to reveal all its drivers. If you see a yellow icon beside any of them, then it isn't driven

I checked and there's no yellow icon on any of it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Solomon1759(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
hi sotall .....

i have tried that before coming to nairaland but its still not working

i dont even know what else to do about the flash pl kindly help me with another solution i will appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.