Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161384 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ninety5: 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

The issue here is this, was it the engineer that told your that ? If yes, I want to assume that there was an extensive diagnoses carried out on the laptop before arriving at such conclusion.

The way out will be to replace the motherboard.

*Cheers*
Please bro, respond to my initial post.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
ninety5:
I also did try that one, and it went blank while it was installing. What else can I do, bro?

Be for you update a particular driver especially online, it's advisable you read reviews about it, some drivers come with bugs.

I'll advise u get a driver pack 15,drivers that have been tested is already there.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ninety5: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2018
udemzyudex:

Be for you update a particular driver especially online, it's advisable you read reviews about it, some drivers come with bugs.

I'll advise u get a driver pack 15,drivers that have been tested is already there.
Thanks bro.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Kayzybaba(m): 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
pls my laptop screen is not displaying at all. but the PC is working underground because I can hear the PC booting. pls what shld I do.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2018
Kayzybaba:
pls my laptop screen is not displaying at all. but the PC is working underground because I can hear the PC booting. pls what shld I do.

Hello.

This could be a screen issue. The signal cable could also be bad or partially disconnected. A third possibility is the board.

Whatever it is, it's solvable.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
hi gurus...so my laptop works fine until recently the screen brings out a cloudy ink that covers d entire screen gradually. but clears and work fine when I bend the system using my hand. pls what cud be d probs
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2018
gwason:
hi gurus...so my laptop works fine until recently the screen brings out a cloudy ink that covers d entire screen gradually. but clears and work fine when I bend the system using my hand. pls what cud be d probs
The screen is going bad . Prepare for a replacement.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
sotall:

The screen is going bad . Prepare for a replacement.
thanks so much.. pls do you know how much the screen of dell latitude D630 goes for?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
gwason:
thanks so much.. pls do you know how much the screen of dell latitude D630 goes for?

You probably gonna buy a used screen because that system is an old laptop and modern laptops do not use that screen type. This means getting the new screen will be difficult.

The cost of the used screen will depend on the person selling it. Maximum 6k

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
sotall:

You probably gonna buy a used screen because that system is an old laptop and modern laptops do not use that screen type. This means getting the new screen will be difficult.

The cost of the used screen will depend on the person selling it. Maximum 6k
yea I know, so how can u help me get it pls. am in Abuja
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
gwason:
yea I know, so how can u help me get it pls. am in Abuja
I am in Lagos . You can get it from laptop technicians near you
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
sotall:

I am in Lagos . You can get it from laptop technicians near you
OK I appreciate
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kalu61(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2018
l have problems with my system screen. it's being blank for sometime.The problem keep reoccurring after repair and now am tired of it. I was told I can use a monitor as the system screen. Please, I need advice and monitor as well.
Second hand monitor and the cord probably.
System: Hp 6730s
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kalu61(m): 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

This could be a screen issue. The signal cable could also be bad or partially disconnected. A third possibility is the board.

Whatever it is, it's solvable.

*cheers*
l have problems with my system screen. it's being blank for sometime.The problem keep reoccurring after repair and now am tired of it. I was told I can use a monitor as the system screen. Please, I need advice and monitor as well.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
kalu61:

I have a very good monitor for sale at 7k.

Hello.
Let's even begin with the issue.
Blank screen doesn't necessarily mean the screen isn't working. It means your screen isn't brightening up.

Now, the fix is usually temporary and that's why you keep going back. A very permanent solution will fix the issue, in fact the issue will disappear; and that is to change the board...but how much did we even get the laptop grin

Now getting an external monitor isn't a bad idea. Except that you loose the mobility of you laptop... You won't be able to carry it around.

On a lighter note, there's a work around if you're a student. Just station your monitor permanently on one of the desks...oh! The benefits? Well you'll have a lighter load to-fro class, Second, you'll be so popular grin grin grin

*Cheers*

I'm here 08128714767

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
kalu61:

Keep reoccurring after repair, seems your motherboard have double VGA.

You have two options.

1. Get the monitor screen and turn your laptop to desktop grin

2. Get another laptop.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kalu61(m): 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

Keep reoccurring after repair, seems your motherboard have double VGA.

You have two options.

1. Get the monitor screen and turn your laptop to desktop grin

2. Get another laptop.
what will it cost me to get the monitor screen for now.

May be later get a new one
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kalu61(m): 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
Razak5:

I have a very good monitor for sale at 7k.

Hello.
Let's even begin with the issue.
Blank screen doesn't necessarily mean the screen isn't working. It means your screen isn't brightening up.

Now, the fix is usually temporary and that's why you keep going back. A very permanent solution will fix the issue, in fact the issue will disappear; and that is to change the board...but how much did we even get the laptop grin

Now getting an external monitor isn't a bad idea. Except that you loose the mobility of you laptop... You won't be able to carry it around.

On a lighter note, there's a work around if you're a student. Just station your monitor permanently on one of the desks...oh! The benefits? Well you'll have a lighter load to-fro class, Second, you'll be so popular grin grin grin

*Cheers*

I'm here 08128714767
Hahahaha, l have lost the mobility already sha. Don't fancy the system again.
Were is your location and what's the last price for the monitor. l need it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
kalu61:
what will it cost me to get the monitor screen for now.

May be later get a new one

Razak5 have a monitor for sale, contact him.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2018
kalu61:

Hahahaha, l have lost the mobility already sha. Don't fancy the system again.
Were is your location and what's the last price for the monitor. l need it

Ok. I am in computer village, Ikeja Lagos.
Let us do NGN 6,500.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kalu61(m): 2:19am On Jul 18, 2018
Razak5:

Ok. I am in computer village, Ikeja Lagos. Let us do NGN 6,500.
ok. I will get back to you tomorrow evening.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 2:53am On Jul 18, 2018
kalu61:
ok. I will get back to you tomorrow evening.

Alright, then.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kalu61(m): 3:27am On Jul 18, 2018
Razak5:

Ok. I am in computer village, Ikeja Lagos. Let us do NGN 6,500.
is it fairly used/flat screen?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
kalu61:
is it fairly used/flat screen?
It is fairly used. And yes it's flat- not like blade though.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sirqeeboi(m): 4:17am On Jul 20, 2018
Hello.. I changed my laptop aspire v5 ram to 4gig..since then vlc player ,my laptop camera does not work fine ..it crack when playing and capturing a video..even the system is slow? I have update the bios still same...
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samsteph3k(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2018
Goodmorning to you all!
Please I need an advice on the difference between HP probook 4530s and 4540s.
Which one is better and your reasons

please its urgent

Thank you!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:35am On Jul 20, 2018
Samsteph3k:
Goodmorning to you all!
Please I need an advice on the difference between HP probook 4530s and 4540s.
Which one is better and your reasons

please its urgent

Thank you!
those are two different models of Hp business notebooks.

They both have a core i5 processor but 4540s is 3rd generation while 4530s is 2nd generation. That's the major difference.

Go for 4540s if you are to choose between them.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2018
sirqeeboi:
Hello.. I changed my laptop aspire v5 ram to 4gig..since then vlc player ,my laptop camera does not work fine ..it crack when playing and capturing a video..even the system is slow? I have update the bios still same...
Update the VIdeo Graphics adapter driver and you will be fine
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samsteph3k(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2018
sotall:
those are two different models of Hp business notebooks.

They both have a core i5 processor but 4540s is 3rd generation while 4530s is 2nd generation. That's the major difference.

Go for 4540s if you are to choose between them.

thank you so much bro

That means there is no practical difference between the two as regards to their specifications?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2018
Samsteph3k:

thank you so much bro

That means there is no practical difference between the two as regards to their specifications?

None...but 4540s has a higher rating cause of it's generation
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samsteph3k(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
sotall:

None...but 4540s has a higher rating cause of it's generation
thank you so much boss
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mekzmoney(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Esji80:
Sotall, thank you for your kind assistance. My HP 250 has a battery charging problem. Whenever I plugged the charger it will charge up to 15 to 23% after which it will show " Charger plugged in, battery not charging". I got a video on how to fix it from youtube, but it only solves the problem for a while and it will start misbehaving again. Please help with a better solution.
good day brother. Where you able to resolve this problem?
Mine is having the same issue and I've been looking for a way to solve it. Can you help me pls?
Thanks so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.