Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161999 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nwanna2588: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
sotall:
use Google to search for the website of the manufacturer of your brand. There you will see option to download the latest drivers for your system.

Remember you can also connect your laptop to your phone via mobile hotspot. All you need to do is buy data on the sim and insert in your phone. then turn on the WiFi of the phone and connect your laptop to it and then start browsing.

Nice one! I've data on my bold 5. Does MTN allow that?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
Nwanna2588:

Nice one! I've data on my bold 5. Does MTN allow that?
U havnt used a bold 5 before but I have browsed with my laptop using BlackBerry Z10 as mobile hotspot.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nwanna2588: 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
sotall:
U havnt used a bold 5 before but I have browsed with my laptop using BlackBerry Z10 as mobile hotspot.
Okay I'm looking forward to seeing anyone with bold 5 that is using it to browse
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by babs256(m): 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2016
I am having issues with my keyboard, each time I turn my on it works properly but after like 5mins some keys will stop working and if I use the mouse pointer to scroll down it will automatically scroll back up almost immediately. I noticed this problem about a week ago. I will appreciate if you could provide likely solution to the situation.

Many thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
babs256:
I am having issues with my keyboard, each time I turn my on it works properly but after like 5mins some keys will stop working and if I use the mouse pointer to scroll down it will automatically scroll back up almost immediately. I noticed this problem about a week ago. I will appreciate if you could provide likely solution to the situation.

Many thanks
try the keyboard reset option by pressing CTRL +
ALT+ NUM. You can also try the system restore
option to restore your computer back to when it
was working optimally.
if that doesn't work, removing, dusting and
replacing the keyboard should work.
if problem persist, you may consider reloading
your OS.
if problem persist, change to a new keyboard.
Meanwhile you can be using your on-screen
keyboard to do your typing while trying to resolve
this issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
happy Sunday guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
checking your messages
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ladykilllar: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
sotall:
It is not advisable to fix a burnt charger and you can't possibly do it yourself.

I just hope what led to the burnt charger hasnt done any harm to your system. Just get another charger and make sure you check if your laptop is charging and working normal.

Thanks i really appreciate
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ladykilllar: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
sotall:
checking your messages

Hello sotall is it possible to get a good double celled battery for my compaq Presario CQ56 if yes how much should i be looking at, thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
ladykilllar:

Hello sotall is it possible to get a good double celled battery for my compaq Presario CQ56 if yes how much should i be looking at, thanks
yes, depending on your location 5-7k should get you the new one.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2016
Happy new week guys.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
Just checking your messages
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:59am On Nov 01, 2016
morning friends , have a great today
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ayo199(m): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2016
sotall:
18k- 22k for new one.
hello engineer,my hp650 cursor hangs like every 3 minute and releases when I hit escape button..am already frustrated with it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ayo199:
hello engineer,my hp650 cursor hangs like every 3 minute and releases when I hit escape button..am already frustrated with it
press "windows +R " and type ' defrag' ( without quotes) in the search bar. Click on the defrag tool. in the next menu, cancel any optimization schedule that is currently set on the system.

if that doesn't work, try testing your system with another RAM.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good night guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ladykilllar: 1:07am On Nov 02, 2016
sotall:
yes, depending on your location 5-7k should get you the new one.

I am very specific about double celled, i have searched but not seen, even online

Pls how can i get it? I stay in Lagos , abule egba
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:23am On Nov 02, 2016
ladykilllar:

I am very specific about double celled, i have searched but not seen, even online

Pls how can i get it? I stay in Lagos , abule egba
if you can come to computer village ikeja. You will definitely get it here.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
good evening guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2016
hi guys..keep your posts coming
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Enasdan(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
plz i need ur help my system is responding, i cannot open any any, it freezes completely, all program not responding, system shut down itself n start again in blank screen
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
Enasdan:
plz i need ur help my system is responding, i cannot open any any, it freezes completely, all program not responding, system shut down itself n start again in blank screen
Does it freeze when booting to windows? or does it only freeze when it has successfully booted into windows?
if it freezes when booting to windows , then either your hard drive or operating system is having issues or it may less likely be motherboard.

But if it freezes only on booting to windows and no programs seems to be responding, then your operating system is the chief culprit .Try installing a new OS into your hard drive. if that doesn't work , try testing a new hard drive on the system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
hi guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
Howdy guys, just checking your messages.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by johnoris(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2016
Pls i have this Siemens laptop. Dat doesn't play any diskette i inserted in it. Pls i need ur help what could be wrong? And is there something wrong with the CD Rom
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2016
johnoris:
Pls i have this Siemens laptop. Dat doesn't play any diskette i inserted in it. Pls i need ur help what could be wrong? And is there something wrong with the CD Rom
is the CD ROM ejecting when you click eject?
if it does and still do not work, I recommend changing with another working CD ROM.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by flourishing(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
when i try to use the internet at my place of work to browse, my laptop displays insert ssid number when i plug in the network cable. what do i do and how do i by pass this and use the internet at work
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 12:18am On Nov 08, 2016
hi guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 08, 2016
pls am using a sony vaio. After turning on it doesnt load most of d time and atimes it justs comes on nd goes off immediately. Atimes am able to use for weeks then it goes off nd doesnt come on for weeks again. Sheybi na me suppose dey tell d f*ckn system when to come on, not d system doing as e like. Any help biko.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by flourishing(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2016
sotall:
hi guys

when i try to use the internet at my place of work to browse, my laptop displays insert ssid number when i plug in the network cable. what do i do and how do i by pass this and use the internet at work
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2016
flourishing:

You can't bypass it. The SSID number is like a WiFi identification password which you must enter in order for you to use the network. It is part of the security set by your network administrator to prevent unauthorized access to the network. Hence see your network admin for the security pass.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
hi guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.