Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan (2568 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan / Buhari Speaks At The Opening Ceremony Of China-nigeria Business Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by AllTheWayUp: 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
While making his presentation at the plenary session on “Dialogue with the private sector” at the 6th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) in Nairobi Kenya on Sunday, August 28, 2016, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari told Japanese business community that Nigeria’s business environment was not healthy for investors.

He revealed that government has established a Presidential Enabling Environment Council, PEEC and Inter-Ministerial Council to help eliminate some inherent and artificial bottlenecks likely to impede the ease of doing business in Nigeria.

The president hoped that the efforts would move Nigeria from the rating of World Bank’s business index to 20 places in first year to be in the top 100 within the next 3 years.

“One of the most important priorities is to create right and enabling environment for business and investors in Nigeria. Our vision and objective is to make Nigeria one of the most attractive and the easiest places of doing business in the world.

“We believe government has a particular responsibility to create right and attractive environment for businesses and economic activities to thrive.

“In furtherance of this vision, we have launched the Presidential Enabling Environment Council, PEEC and Inter-Ministerial Council to oversee the efforts of government to remove various bottlenecks that stifle businesses and economic activities and thereby create economic activities; thereby create the right enabling environment and investment climate in Nigeria.

“The secretariat will include strong private sector representation that would be led by experienced business professionals from the private sector. We are committed to moving up the rating of the world bank’s ease of doing business index 20 places in first year and be in the top 100 within the next 3 years”, the president said.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/buhari-japanese-business-investors/

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by vanbonattel: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
The president is right on this one.

If you are not fighting for fuel on long queues to buy gas and power your generator, then you will be dodging potholes on all roads and don't even near any farm to invest. Fulani herdsmen will chop tour crops and kill your Japanese life for you cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Nairastake: 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
We are in for this sh!t!

Na vex of previously failed 3 elections we dey suffer from.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by TheFreeOne: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari told Japanese business community that Nigeria’s business environment was not healthy for investors.
Haba...idontbelieveit...he must have been quoted out of context.

One of the most important priorities is to create right and enabling environment for business and investors in Nigeria. Our vision and objective is to make Nigeria one of the most attractive and the easiest places of doing business in the world.
This sounds more sensible and believable.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by elrony(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
So so theory everyday!!!

Can anything good and tangible come out from this Buhari government?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Elkay3: 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Una see wetin lack of journalism or sheer arrogance cause? Even out of what YOU quoted, I didn't see "Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari told Japanese business community that Nigeria’s business environment was not healthy for investors."

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Rezponder: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nigeria is currently ranked 169 out of 189 countries by the World Bank, according to the Bank’s 2016 Ease of Doing Business report.
President Buhari told the session attended by several African leaders, Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and international business executives that his administration’s vision and objective is to make Nigeria one of the top investment destinations in the world, within the shortest possible time.

To achieve this the FG need to diversify the economy from the economy that is highly dependent on oil revenues (90% of exports and 75% of tax revenue),improve the refining capacity,work on Ethnic and religious tensions and negative impact on the business climate from insecurity and corruption.

Read more http://rezponder.com/ease-of-doing-business-nigeria-will-be-among-top-100-countries-by-2019-president-buhari/
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by seunmsg(m): 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
Journalism has reallyreally gone to the dogs in Nigeria. Some journalist will just take a story, give it a headline that is misleading and completely different from the main story and people will start reacting based on the false headline. Shame on trentonline for this false and sensational headline.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Pavarottii(m): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
He has done it again. Our economy would go from recession, to auction den to its final death, if this man continues like this.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Pavarottii(m): 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
seunmsg:
Journalism has reallyreally gone to the dogs in Nigeria. Some journalist will just take a story, give it a headline that is misleading and completely different from the main story and people will start reacting based on the false headline. Shame on trentonline for this false and sensational headline.
Did he say it or not? If he did; it can as well be named as a topic, don't worry wait for wat newspapers will use as their topics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by GBTYO: 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
Forgive me, but I thought he went to the Conference to attract foreign investments?

So why in God's name did he have to go all the way to Kenya to tell the world Nigeria is not ready for foreign investment?

How did he come to that conclusion?

Just 2 yrs ago we were the number one destination for foreign investment until he came in and wrecked everything.

Not satisfied with his level of destruction he now junkets around spreading his ungodly and scandalous bleak message on the same Nigeria he was elected to serve, protect and promote.

Is this man well in the head at all?

I always thought he was an idiot but now I know this man was sent on a sadistic mission to destroy this country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by anonimi: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
GBTYO:
Forgive me, but I thought he went to the Conference to attract foreign investments?

So why in God's name did he have to go all the way to Kenya to tell the world Nigeria is not ready for foreign investment?

Just 2 yrs ago we were the number one destination for foreign investment until he came in and wrecked everything.

Not satisfied with his level of destruction he now junkets around spreading his ungodly and scandalous bleak message on the same Nigeria he was elected to serve, protect and promote.

I always thought he was an idiot but now I know this man was sent on a sadistic mission to destroy this country.

It is not the first time.
I am sure and certain that it won't be the last for DullardPoo of Daura,
Did he not say we are all fantastically corrupt after saying that all our people in the diaspora are criminals. angry shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3381879_168046_jpegbc55e6d7f4fd3025f6bfe56b49496ba8

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by anonimi: 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
seunmsg:

Buhari and his All ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC party have actively contributed to the journalism going to the dogs by not ensuring that all our children are in schools. Their record on education is not just zero, it is NEGATIVE.

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027366_buharinu_jpeg5ce072fcf9c5443e849caa9cebbeaa57

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by BlackSeptember: 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
Buhari will surely destroy this country before 2019.

We need to round up the mofos that voted this gizzard into that seat and give them serious reorientation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Samtob90(m): 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
GBTYO:

No. 1 destination in!!!! The world or in Africa or you just want to mislead
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by GBTYO: 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
Samtob90:

No. 1 destination in!!!! The world or in Africa or you just want to mislead

Is that your straw man attempt at derailing?
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by ezeagu(m): 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Bizibi(m): 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
anonimi:

It is not the first time.
I am sure and certain that it won't be the last for DullardPoo of Daura,
Did he not say we are all fantastically corrupt after saying that all our people in the diaspora are criminals. angry shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3381879_168046_jpegbc55e6d7f4fd3025f6bfe56b49496ba8
you are back....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by GBTYO: 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
ezeagu:
Japanese people are so respectful to their elders.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4166799_1407992610883293012594095550680499400220740n700x467_jpeg729849071b67f7e64a14a60051594c5d

No.

He is telling Buhari to gtfo his Confrence since Nigeria is not ready for foreign investment.

The PM is like ; can you please leave now?!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by seunmsg(m): 6:00am On Aug 29, 2016
Pavarottii:

Did he say it or not? If he did; it can as well be named as a topic, don't worry wait for wat newspapers will use as their topics.

Can you please quote verbatim where he said "Nigeria's business environment is not healthy"?
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by otukpo(f): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2016
How can the president continously be painting us bad to the outside world.

How then do we expect things to get better with him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Nkemtreasure: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2016
How can you demarket your country as a sitting president? Even former presidents will not do it. If you are a businessman who wants to invest in Nigeria and you hear this, will you honestly put your money esp when the NO 1 citizen says that his country isn't a healthy place to do business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by anonimi: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2016
Bizibi:
you are back....

Yes oh, bro.
The demons of craze tried to shut out our democratic space but God is still on the throne.
have a nice week o jare. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by shigoslim(m): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2016
I don't know what to type self gan.................................... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

who will invest in an economy recession, the current exchange rate in the market can drive someone crazy. you want foreign investor to come and the issue of exchange rate is not yet address , has your economist vodoo take a brief to analysis the implication of your floating exchange rate ......... anyway everybody can now see the real effect.

everything keep increase daily basis due to that fact that cost input of production from oversea can drive someone crazy.

outdated government ruling updated society undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Progressive01(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2016
seunmsg:
What do you expect from trentonline or breakingtimes? cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2016
This man should be stopped from traveling, haba why then did he travel? Is Nigeria as bad as Iran or any war torn zone 4 him to say Nigerian environment not healthy 4 investors? What exactly have we done to this man biko
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by Pavarottii(m): 9:00am On Aug 29, 2016
seunmsg:

Can you please quote verbatim where he said "Nigeria's business environment is not healthy"?

"While making his presentation at the plenary session on “Dialogue with the private sector” at the 6th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) in Nairobi Kenya on Sunday, August 28, 2016, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari told Japanese business community that Nigeria’s business environment was not healthy for investors".
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by seunmsg(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2016
Pavarottii:

"While making his presentation at the plenary session on “Dialogue with the private sector” at the 6th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) in Nairobi Kenya on Sunday, August 28, 2016, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari told Japanese business community that Nigeria’s business environment was not healthy for investors".

You are as fraudulent as trentonline. what you quoted above was not Buhari's words but that of trentonline. It's very shameful that you even went further to fraudulently insert quotation mark into a statement that originally had none. Paragraphs 4, 5, 6 and 7 are the exact words of the president and you can clearly see the quotation marks. Can you show me where he said Nigeria's business environment is not healthy for investors there?
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by obailala(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Haba...idontbelieveit...he must have been quoted out of context.

This sounds more sensible and believable.

The report is what I call journalistic stupidity; a very common ailment associated with reporters as they try to sensationalise stories and it is mostly driven by partisan interests. This sort of thing is very common with Vanguard newspaper for instance; it reminds me of the most prominent one by Vanguard before the elections when Buhari said "it is not good that the dollar now exchanges for N230" but Vanguard titled the story "I will make dollar equal to Naira". Till date the dubious title stuck in the minds of people.

Now this is coming from the renown TRENTONLINE so why should anyone expect less cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria’s Business Environment Not Healthy For Investors –Buhari Tells Japan by obailala(m): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2016
seunmsg:

You are as fraudulent as trentonline. what you quoted above was not Buhari's words but that of trentonline. It's very shameful that you even went further to fraudulently insert quotation mark into a statement that originally had none. Paragraphs 4, 5, 6 and 7 are the exact words of the president and you can clearly see the quotation marks. Can you show me where he said Nigeria's business environment is not healthy for investors there?
Lol... Very soon Buhari would make a speech about making Nigeria a safe, secure and developed nation. But the punks would report it as "Buhari says Nigeria is an unsafe, insecure slum."

Dubious folks on patrol trying too hard to distort public, but albeit in a very daft way. But at the end, they only end up deceiving their fellow slow brains; I can already see several of them here present masturbating on the silly report.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The True And Untold History Of The Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality / Recovered Dollars: APC And Propaganda: Wailers Lets Analyse The Fake Pictures / President Mohammadu Buhari Is Using Made In Nigeria Drug-lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.