Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React (21444 Views)

Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by omari5(f): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
adekayo1234:
I guess you were born in the 70s. Some people would sha force you to lash them for their stupidity. Read what you wrote slowly and tell yourself I am a slowpoke
wow...guy you are wicked grin
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by NemzySeries(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
omari5:

eh...announce to the whole world that you are an ex abuad student..mayb we shud fly grin
hahahahahahahaha,everybody on NL dis is 1 of d pple Afe Babalola university is restricting frm modernity
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by CICERO09(m): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Please, tecno and infinix re not regarded as smartphones.
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by toprealman: 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Interesting, where did you get that news from?
This past Saturday Punch Newspaper.
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by apatheticme(f): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
MadCow1:
ABU EKITI just overtook UNIBEN as the worst University in West Africa.. grin
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by 2kurupt(m): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
Standing5:
Why won't a uni ban phones that can easily distract them. It can aid evil communication, stalking, cultism, exam malpractice and more.

So going by your theory, you're implying that banning smartphones & probably computers & the internet etc which all aid communication in the open society will put an end to the vices you mentioned.

See how flawed your assumption is?
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by Standing5(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
2kurupt:

So going by your theory, you're implying that banning smartphones & probably computers & the internet etc which all aid communication in the open society will put an end to the vices you mentioned.

See how flawed your assumption is?
Stop feigning stupĂ­dity bros. It will reduce it. Use your brain.
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by 2kurupt(m): 6:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
brainpower:
I don't really blame these private schools for some of their rules. Even though know that as adults these rules aren't right, they are left with no choice we abuse most of these things in this country and without forcefully taking some of these privileges away from students their school ratings won't increase. Not that they aren't abused outside the country too, but over there, they have managed to increase their ratings without stopping these things.
It can't be just coincidence that the schools that have these rules are rated as the best Private universities e.g. Covenant. While igbinedion that has been there before all of them is still struggling to cope in ratings.

This is not to undermine any school, but to state facts.
For those that will site public universities, know that the rate of cultism and various vices are very high there.
And I actually graduated from a public university so I know what I'm saying.

And who told you cultism, rape, drug abuse & other delinquencies don't exist in some of these private schools? Don't always believe hook, line & sinker what you see in adverts my brother. The owners of these schools are business men & will go to any length to launder the image of these schools to appear saintly to the outside world.

A university is a microcosm of the larger society i.e. a miniature version of the world at large. If you're not preparing these students for a totalitarian or communism centered society then why make then go thru such all in the name of teaching them? It'll only result to products not tailored to our open environment.

Don't tell me they'll adjust, remember life starts once you're done with tertiary education. My State (Rivers) had a 29 year old Alfred Diete Spiff as it's first military administrator. Do you think if he was trained in such a restrictive environment he'll be suited for that job so young?
Re: Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React by 2kurupt(m): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
Standing5:
Stop feigning stupĂ­dity bros. It will reduce it. Use your brain.

Your use of insult in an open discussion clearly shows you're a kid, devoid of intellectual ability in argumentation.

Run along now, this is beyond your comprehension

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Over 70 OAU Students In Midnight Raid / Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 / Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.