Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) (5553 Views)

Wike And Wife Celebrate 17th Marriage Anniversary Today (PHOTO) / Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi Laughing Out Loud At Their Wedding Today (photo) / MEND: Nnamdi Kanu Accepted To Renounce Biafra In Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2016
Mods please i know this is not in the right section, but the right section seems to have few visitors so I brought it to where people are and I believe both Muslims and Christians visit politics section. I don't intend to cause any argument I just want the Muslim brothers in the house to clarify some things for me.
When Muslims say Islam is a religion of peace, one wonders why the saying does not co-relate to the teachings in the Quran. I downloaded an English version of the Quran on my phone some weeks ago and reading it I noticed that, Islam is religion of peace to fellow Muslims but terror to non Muslims. Take a look at this pics and if you doubt them look up the verses yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2016
Some would point that the Bible also contains verses that incite killings and violence. True,but that is in the old testament before the coming of Jesus, he came to change all that.and that's why Christian lay emphasis on living Christ-like. So over to the Muslims can you clarify the justification of the violence in this verses?

6 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:31am On Aug 29, 2016
Peace Indeed! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by simpleseyi: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2016
I think it follows from our Holy Bible, both the Bible and Quran say similar things about our relationship with "unbelievers".

2 Corinthians 6:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

1 Kings 18:40
Then Elijah said to them, "Seize the prophets of Baal; do not let one of them escape." So they seized them; and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

2 Kings 10:25
Then it came about, as soon as he had finished offering the burnt offering, that Jehu said to the guard and to the royal officers, "Go in, kill them; let none come out." And they killed them with the edge of the sword; and the guard and the royal officers threw them out, and went to the inner room of the house of Baal.

2 Chronicles 15:13
and whoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 29, 2016
Islam perceive the world as two - believes and non-believe in Islam what is means is that Muslims should strive constantly to conquer and subjugate non-Muslims

now Jihad is an important duty of all believers in Islam it is approved method of using force or holy war to conquer lands n people and rule or introduce sharia hence d need to use every means necessary (propaganda) coercion and inducement with money n privileged positions to conque...... Jihad is a continues state of war it a permanent feature of the religion (Islam ) until the rest of the world is converted dats why we hv isis, hamas,al-nusra,al-qaeda,al-shabba boko haram etc

koran8:39 says wage war on non-Muslims and kill them the is why in Nigeria there is the continues running battle for the control of the seat of power by the Muslim north the infamous born to rule

5 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
simpleseyi:
[b][size=12pt][color=#006600]I think it follows from our Holy Bible, both the Bible and Quran say similar things about our relationship with

Even if God commmands me to kill..I still wouldn't kill.
How much more when he told me not to kill and to always pray for my enemies...

Even if Allah commands you to kill infidels..must you obey him? You no get sense?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
I dey come, let me pray first. Mods please don't remove the thread.
OK am back. How many times do we have to explain this mischief? Most of those verses are taken out of context by critics if Islam and the less than 1% terrorists that use then as justification for their evil barbaric act.
If the OP sincerely wants explosions, the least you should do is quote the verses yourself but not post an image of someone else's interpretation of the verses.
Also you can't exonerate the Bible from the same offense you blame the Quran by claiming it's Old Testament that you no longer obey it while Jesus same said the opposite that he didn't come to change the old law, but to uphold (in totality) Mathew 5:17.
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
DDeliverer:

Even if God commmands me to kill..I still wouldn't kill.
How much more when he told me not to kill and to always pray for my enemies...

Even if Allah commands you to kill infidels..must you obey him? You no get sense?
So for your mind every Muslim has killed an infidel before right? If Muslims understand Islam/Quran the way you do do you think the world could stay the same in the next ten seconds?
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
All taquiya lying Muslim. How does someone take."Kill them wherever you find them" out of context??

R.I.P to common sense.
EazyMoh:
OK am back. How many times do we have to explain this mischief? Most of those verses are taken out of context by critics if Islam and the less than 1% terrorists that use then as justification for their evil barbaric act.
If the OP sincerely wants explosions, the least you should do is quote the verses yourself but not post an image of someone else's interpretation of the verses.
Also you can't exonerate the Bible from the same offense you blame the Quran by claiming it's Old Testament that you no longer obey it while Jesus same said the opposite that he didn't come to change the old law, but to uphold (in totality) Mathew 5:17.

7 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Benbisco(f): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
simpleseyi:
I think it follows from our Holy Bible, both the Bible and Quran say similar things about our relationship with "unbelievers".

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Then Elijah said to them, "Seize the prophets of Baal; do not let one of them escape." So they seized them; and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

Then it came about, as soon as he had finished offering the burnt offering, that Jehu said to the guard and to the royal officers, "Go in, kill them; let none come out." And they killed them with the edge of the sword; and the guard and the royal officers threw them out, and went to the inner room of the house of Baal.

and whoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.

Sweetheart, is this still in practise? This was in the dispensation of the law. Presently, we are in the dispensation of GRACE!

Matthew 15:21. Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times:but, Until seventy times seven.

6 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by AfroMighty(m): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
simpleseyi:

Bros when Jesus died on the cross of Calvary, the garment covering the temple teared(whereas nobody except the prophet is allowed to enter the temple, even priests are chained so that when they died inside the temple they will be drawn out with the chain) which put the Law of Moses away and bring Grace which now give all the choice to decide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by limeta(f): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
simpleseyi:

Yr life is just to decieve the people the muslim way.
Read the new testament, you terrorist

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by limeta(f): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

Most of those verses are taken out of context by critics if Islam and the less than 1% terrorists that use then as justification for their evil barbaric act.

Why lie
Isis say,s you not true muslim

1 Like

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Intrepid01(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
hooli:
Some would point that the Bible also contains verses that incite killings and violence. True,but that is in the old testament before the coming of Jesus, he came to change all that.and that's why Christian lay emphasis on living Christ-like. So over to the Muslims can you clarify the justification of the violence in this verses?

If you have no hate at heart I will explain to you, You could see very well that the person highlighted part of a narration. Those narrations refer to situations in the days of the Prophet when Islam was undergoing persecution. I am sure you will then be bothered about other verses of the Quran that Muslims "alleges to preach peace". Those statements are all circumstantial just like the ones in the bible too are. I have a goofg knowledge of the two books....I am not even a muslim. People should detest from this journey of trying to discredit another man's religion by all means. No matter what I say or you say it will not affect anything. Despite all the propaganda about islam, has it affected anything. Let us all embrace love.

3 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
limeta:

Most of those verses are taken out of context by critics if Islam and the less than 1% terrorists that use then as justification for their evil barbaric act.

Why lie
Isis say,s you not true muslim

If we are not true Muslims but ISIS are then who do you believe, the us 99% or them less than1%?
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
Millerz:
All taquiya lying Muslim. How does someone take."Kill them wherever you find them" out of context??

R.I.P to common sense.
Lol! talking about common sense from someone who is supposed to turn the other cheek when slapped!
Anyway you (or any other anti-islamist) would have answered your own question by just simply reading the whole verse. So please can you just Google, copy then paste the verses? try from verse 190-194 of Chapter 2.
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by newbornmacho(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Okay EazyMoh did Allah through Mohammed command Muslims to kill people who don't obey the Islamic way and if yes under which circumstances are Muslims required to kill non Muslims. Please be honest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by dejavume: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
AND GOD GAVE MOSES (MUSA) TEN COMMANDMENTS (LAWS)
ONE OF THEM IS .THY SHALL NOT KILL Exodus 20:13 KJV
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
newbornmacho:
Okay EazyMoh did Allah through Mohammed command Muslims to kill people who don't obey the Islamic way and if yes under which circumstances are Muslims required to kill non Muslims. Please be honest.
OK thanks for the straight questions.
No! Allah did not command Muslims to kill people who don't obey Islamic way.
The most popular verse mischievously quoted that says "...kill non-believers wherever you find them" is just a fraction of a verse from a passage (Chapter 2: 190-194) which were revealed when The non-believers in Makkah traveled over 400km to Madinah where the prophet and his companions had exiled to avoid the relentless persecution in Makkah. The Makkahns intent was to wipe out all Muslims thereby bringing an end to Islam. In that situation Allah ordered the Muslims to prepare for war and get ready to kill whoever attempts to kill them. Here is a more detailed explanation I copied.
The purpose of this article is to briefly explain
the verses 190-194 of Surah (Chapter) 2 of the
Holy Quran in the light of the time period when
these were sent down by God to Prophet
Muhammad (peace be on him), the Holy Quran
itself, and the relevant sayings of the Prophet.
First we give a translation of the verses.
2.190. Fight against those who fight against
you in the way of Allah, but do not transgress,
for Allah does not love transgressors.
2.191. Kill them whenever you confront them
and drive them out from where they drove you
out. (For though killing is sinful) wrongful
persecution is even worse than killing. Do not
fight against them near the Holy Mosque unless
they fight against you; but if they fight against
you kill them, for that is the reward of such
unbelievers.
2.192. Then if they desist, know well that Allah
is Ever-Forgiving, Most Compassionate.
2.193. Keep on fighting against them until
mischief ends and the way prescribed by Allah
prevails. But if they desist, then know that
hostility is only against the wrong-doers.
2.194. The sacred month for the sacred month;
sanctities should be respected alike ( by all
concerned). Thus, if someone has attacked you,
attack him just as he attacked you, and fear
Allah and remain conscious that Allah is with
those who guard against violating the bounds
set by Him.
(translation taken from, Towards Understanding
the Quran)
The Historic Context and the Nature of the Holy
Quran:
The Holy Quran comprises of revelations from
God to Prophet Muhammad over a period of
twenty three years (610 C.E. – 632 C.E.). The
first 13 years of the prophethood of Muhammad
were at his hometown of Makkah, where he and
his fellow Muslims were severely persecuted by
the pagans of Makkah. During that time,
Muslims were not ordered to fight back, but
bear the persecutions. Finally, God ordered the
Prophet and his fellow Muslims (known as
Sahabah) to emigrate to the city of Madinah,
about 400 kilometers away.
This emigration, known as the Hijrah, marked
the beginning of a mini Islamic state in
Madinah, in which the Prophet became the
head of the state. It was not long before the
polytheists of Makkah marched towards
Madinah to wage war against Muslims and
destroy the Islamic state of Madinah. This
battle is known as the Battle of Badr. The
verses 2.190-2.194, above were perhaps the
first injunctions from God to Muslims to prepare
themselves for fighting. It was obviously a war
in the defense of their homeland and their
Faith.
In verse 2.190, God instructs Muslims to fight
back, but not to transgress and remain just
even during the battle. "They are told that
material interests should not be the motivation
for their fighting, that they should not take up
arms against those were not in opposition to
the true faith, that they should not resort to
unscrupulous methods or to the indiscriminate
killing and pillage which characterized the wars
of the pre-Islamic era, the Age of Ignorance.
The excesses alluded to in this verse are acts
such as taking up arms against women and
children, the old and the injured, mutilation of
the dead bodies of the enemy, uncalled for
devastation through the destruction of fields
and livestock, and other similar acts of
injustice and brutality. In the Hadith all these
acts have been prohibited. The real intent of
the verse is to stress that force should be used
only when its use is unavoidable, and only to
the extent that is absolutely necessary." (note
201, page 151, Towards Understanding the
Quran, Volume 1)
Commentary on verse 2.192: "God, in whom the
believers have faith, is forgiving and ready to
pardon even the worst criminals and sinners
after they have renounced their arrogant
defiance towards Him. It is suggested that this
attribute of God should be reflected in the
behavior of the believers as well. As the saying
goes: ‘Mould your morals according to the
attributes of God.’ Hence, whenever the
believers have to resort to armed conflict, they
should do so not for the sake of quenching
their thirst for vengeance but in the cause of
God’s religion. Their conflict with any group
should last only as long as that group resists
the cause of God. As soon as it gives up this
resistance hostility should cease. (note 203,
page 152, as above.)
It should be emphasized that so many
revelations in the Holy Quran came down to
provide guidance to Prophet Muhammad and
the Sahabah based on what they were
confronting at that time. Therefore, it is
important to understand and know the historic
context of the revelations for a proper
understanding of these verses.

4 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

OK thanks for the straight questions.
No! Allah did not command Muslims to kill people who don't obey Islamic way.
The most popular verse mischievously quoted that says "...kill non-believers wherever you find them" is just a fraction of a verse from a passage (Chapter 2: 190-194) which were revealed when The non-believers in Makkah traveled over 400km to Madinah where the prophet and his companions had exiled to avoid the relentless persecution in Makkah. The Makkahns intent was to wipe out all Muslims thereby bringing an end to Islam. In that situation Allah ordered the Muslims to prepare for war and get ready to kill whoever attempts to kill them. Here is a more detailed explanation I copied.
The purpose of this article is to briefly explain
the verses 190-194 of Surah (Chapter) 2 of the
Holy Quran in the light of the time period when
these were sent down by God to Prophet
Muhammad (peace be on him), the Holy Quran
itself, and the relevant sayings of the Prophet.
First we give a translation of the verses.
2.190. Fight against those who fight against
you in the way of Allah, but do not transgress,
for Allah does not love transgressors.
2.191. Kill them whenever you confront them
and drive them out from where they drove you
out. (For though killing is sinful) wrongful
persecution is even worse than killing. Do not
fight against them near the Holy Mosque unless
they fight against you; but if they fight against
you kill them, for that is the reward of such
unbelievers.
2.192. Then if they desist, know well that Allah
is Ever-Forgiving, Most Compassionate.
2.193. Keep on fighting against them until
mischief ends and the way prescribed by Allah
prevails. But if they desist, then know that
hostility is only against the wrong-doers.
2.194. The sacred month for the sacred month;
sanctities should be respected alike ( by all
concerned). Thus, if someone has attacked you,
attack him just as he attacked you, and fear
Allah and remain conscious that Allah is with
those who guard against violating the bounds
set by Him.
(translation taken from, Towards Understanding
the Quran)
The Historic Context and the Nature of the Holy
Quran:
The Holy Quran comprises of revelations from
God to Prophet Muhammad over a period of
twenty three years (610 C.E. – 632 C.E.). The
first 13 years of the prophethood of Muhammad
were at his hometown of Makkah, where he and
his fellow Muslims were severely persecuted by
the pagans of Makkah. During that time,
Muslims were not ordered to fight back, but
bear the persecutions. Finally, God ordered the
Prophet and his fellow Muslims (known as
Sahabah) to emigrate to the city of Madinah,
about 400 kilometers away.
This emigration, known as the Hijrah, marked
the beginning of a mini Islamic state in
Madinah, in which the Prophet became the
head of the state. It was not long before the
polytheists of Makkah marched towards
Madinah to wage war against Muslims and
destroy the Islamic state of Madinah. This
battle is known as the Battle of Badr. The
verses 2.190-2.194, above were perhaps the
first injunctions from God to Muslims to prepare
themselves for fighting. It was obviously a war
in the defense of their homeland and their
Faith.
In verse 2.190, God instructs Muslims to fight
back, but not to transgress and remain just
even during the battle. "They are told that
material interests should not be the motivation
for their fighting, that they should not take up
arms against those were not in opposition to
the true faith, that they should not resort to
unscrupulous methods or to the indiscriminate
killing and pillage which characterized the wars
of the pre-Islamic era, the Age of Ignorance.
The excesses alluded to in this verse are acts
such as taking up arms against women and
children, the old and the injured, mutilation of
the dead bodies of the enemy, uncalled for
devastation through the destruction of fields
and livestock, and other similar acts of
injustice and brutality. In the Hadith all these
acts have been prohibited. The real intent of
the verse is to stress that force should be used
only when its use is unavoidable, and only to
the extent that is absolutely necessary." (note
201, page 151, Towards Understanding the
Quran, Volume 1)
Commentary on verse 2.192: "God, in whom the
believers have faith, is forgiving and ready to
pardon even the worst criminals and sinners
after they have renounced their arrogant
defiance towards Him. It is suggested that this
attribute of God should be reflected in the
behavior of the believers as well. As the saying
goes: ‘Mould your morals according to the
attributes of God.’ Hence, whenever the
believers have to resort to armed conflict, they
should do so not for the sake of quenching
their thirst for vengeance but in the cause of
God’s religion. Their conflict with any group
should last only as long as that group resists
the cause of God. As soon as it gives up this
resistance hostility should cease. (note 203,
page 152, as above.)
It should be emphasized that so many
revelations in the Holy Quran came down to
provide guidance to Prophet Muhammad and
the Sahabah based on what they were
confronting at that time. Therefore, it is
important to understand and know the historic
context of the revelations for a proper
understanding of these verses.
Ok.. Check this out.. You want me to point out stuffs right ok clearify this verses
1) “Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. Those who follow Him are merciful to one another but harsh to the disbeliever.” quran 48:29

2) “Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you and let them find harshness in you.” quran 9:123

3) “Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because Allah has made one superior to the other and because they spend to support them from their means. Therefore, righteous women are obedient and they guard in the husband’s absence what Allah orders them to guard. And, as to those women from whom you fear disobedience, give them a warning, send them to separate beds, and beat them.”quran 4:34

4) “When the sacred months have passed, then kill the Mushrikin wherever you find them. Capture them. Besiege them. Lie in wait for them in each and every ambush but if they repent, and perform the prayers, and give zacat then leave their way free.”quran 9:5

5) “Fight against those who do not obey Allah and do not believe in Allah or the Last Day and do not forbid what has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger even if they are of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” quran 9:29
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by newbornmacho(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
@EazyMoh thanks for patiently delving into this depth of detail.
Now, I am glad that there are Muslims like you who believe in a peaceful interpretation of these texts. However that doesn't address what I believe to be the real problem.
You see even going by what you have posted one can deduce the following:
Allah gave instructions for warfare, even if for self defense.
To obey these instructions the Muslims would need to be armed and organized into a fighting force. In the alternative they would have to resort to mob action or lone wolf attacks.
To organize an islamic army there would need to be in place an Islamic state, otherwise the muslims would be guilty of treason
In Mohammed's Medina all went according to plan BC it was an Islamic state.
In the 21st century however nation states are mainly secular, bearing no allegiance to Islam, even though many Muslims are citizens of these secular states.
You can't raise an Islamic army within a nation without committing treason.
Therefore frustrations set in as committed Muslims who want to obey the koranic injunction to fight do not have a legal army to join and so resort to self help....terrorism.
In addition a vacuum of military organization results in people determining courses of action on their own.
All this is because of the absence of an Islamic state.
Now my point is this : Islamic instructions are evidently given to be carrid out in an Islamic state. That can't work in this age. So I contend that the Koran in that regard is anachronistic, unsuited to our time. But it is still being used to instruct people. That's the problem.
Full Islam cannot be practiced under a non Muslim , secular, law and state.
So in a direct way the Koran itself in not anticipating the peculiarities of our age sowed the seeds and is the source of the terrorism we see.
What's your response?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Icecream4U(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
hooli:
i am tired of hearing "that is in the old testament". Is the old testament no longer useful today? Why do pastors still quote and practice things from the old testament??
Also, is tithing in the new testament or in the old testament?

7 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
newbornmacho:
@EazyMoh thanks for patiently delving into this depth of detail.
Now, I am glad that there are Muslims like you who believe in a peaceful interpretation of these texts. However that doesn't address what I believe to be the real problem.
You see even going by what you have posted one can deduce the following:
Allah gave instructions for warfare, even if for self defense.
To obey these instructions the Muslims would need to be armed and organized into a fighting force. In the alternative they would have to resort to mob action or lone wolf attacks.
To organize an islamic army there would need to be in place an Islamic state, otherwise the muslims would be guilty of treason
In Mohammed's Medina all went according to plan BC it was an Islamic state.
In the 21st century however nation states are mainly secular, bearing no allegiance to Islam, even though many Muslims are citizens of these secular states.
You can't raise an Islamic army within a nation without committing treason.
Therefore frustrations set in as committed Muslims who want to obey the koranic injunction to fight do not have a legal army to join and so resort to self help....terrorism.
In addition a vacuum of military organization results in people determining courses of action on their own.
All this is because of the absence of an Islamic state.
Now my point is this : Islamic instructions are evidently given to be carrid out in an Islamic state. That can't work in this age. So I contend that the Koran in that regard is anachronistic, unsuited to our time. But it is still being used to instruct people. That's the problem.
Full Islam cannot be practiced under a non Muslim , secular, law and state.
So in a direct way the Koran itself in not anticipating the peculiarities of our age sowed the seeds and is the source of the terrorism we see.
What's your response?
Oops my browser crashed while I was in the middle of typing a reply. I will start all over.
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
@Newbornmacho
Thanks for the understanding. You seem to grasp the basics. However one needs more information on Islamic history and politics to fully understand how a Muslim is supposed to live in 21st century. The key is seeking knowledge.
The call for arms in Islam can be divided into two in Islam.
1. Self Defense against any threat. This is a situation where as an individual, a family, a group or a community Allah has given Muslims the absolute right to protect themselves, their families and properties against armed robbers, assassins, or any form of threat. I believe even in this 21st century self defense is allowed. If one was to lose his life defending his life, his family or property, the prophet said such person has died MATYR!
2. Military Campaign Jihad. This involves arming a troop and attempting to conquer a non-Muslims territory. It has its laid down rules and regulations. For example, the non-muslims are introduced to Islam and asked to convert, if they refuse then they are asked to allow the Muslims to preach to others beyond their dwelling and guarantee they wouldn't attack the Muslims while they are at it. If they refuse This as well then they'd be attacked. This is how Islam spread to over 90% of where it ever reach today. Still during the attack no Muslim is allowed to kill women, children or the elderly, nor cut down trees nor destroy wells nor burn down houses and so on. Any "Jihad" that does not observe these regulations is not a true Islamic Jihad.
Most importantly this Jihad can only be sanctioned by an AMIRUL MU'UMINEEN (the leader of Muslim faithfuls) recognized and obeyed by the majority of Muslims in the world. The amir with a stable caliphate where Sharia is established and observed to the fullest is the only Islamic figure who can then order a conquest of another land occupied by non-Muslims.
So in this 21st century a Muslims concern should be how to observe his religious duties primarily in the form form of five pillars of Islam (declaration of believe, Prayer, Fasting, Charity and Pilgrimage) .
So anybody (lone Jihad) or group of Jihadists who claim to be carrying out Jihad without following the rules is definitely on his own!
Islam has witnessed this form of extremism almost immediately after the death of the prophet, and he has told us that these people are not true Muslims.
Thank you.
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
@Newbornmacho
Thanks for the understanding. You seem to grasp the basics. However one needs more information on Islamic history and politics to fully understand how a Muslim is supposed to live in 21st century. The key is seeking knowledge.
1. Self Defense against any threat. This is a situation where as an individual, a family, a group or a community Allah has given Muslims the absolute right to protect themselves, their families and properties against armed robbers, assassins, or any form of threat. I believe even in this 21st century self defense is allowed. If one was to lose his life defending his life, his family or property, the prophet said such person has died MATYR!
2. Military Campaign Jihad. This involves arming a troop and attempting to conquer a non-Muslims territory. It has its laid down rules and regulations. For example, the non-muslims are introduced to Islam and asked to convert, if they refuse then they are asked to allow the Muslims to preach to others beyond their dwelling and guarantee they wouldn't attack the Muslims while they are at it. If they refuse This as well then they'd be attacked. This is how Islam spread to over 90% of where it ever reach today. Still during the attack no Muslim is allowed to kill women, children or the elderly, nor cut down trees nor destroy wells nor burn down houses and so on. Any "Jihad" that does not observe these regulations is not a true Islamic Jihad.
Most importantly this Jihad can only be sanctioned by an AMIRUL MU'UMINEEN (the leader of Muslim faithfuls) recognized and obeyed by the majority of Muslims in the world. The amir with a stable caliphate where Sharia is established and observed to the fullest is the only Islamic figure who can then order a conquest of another land occupied by non-Muslims.
So in this 21st century a Muslims concern should be how to observe his religious duties primarily in the form form of five pillars of Islam (declaration of believe, Prayer, Fasting, Charity and Pilgrimage) .
So anybody (lone Jihad) or group of Jihadists who claim to be carrying out Jihad without following the rules is definitely on his own!
Islam has witnessed this form of extremism almost immediately after the death of the prophet, and he has told us that these people are not true Muslims.
Thank you.
You ignored my second quoting of your post, I need answers to those to?

1 Like

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Alphaoscar: 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
hooli:

Seriously , I am enjoying this discuss but nobody should come up with the excuse that old testament is different from the new because we were made to believe Bible contains the words of God and not of a man . we were also made to believe this God is infallible and he changeth not.

Now nobody should come up with the crap that some parts or a whole half of that holy book is useless . As the Muslims are defending the knotty parts of their holy Qur'an the Christians too must take responsibility for the whole of their holy Bible.

BTW . Lalasticala , Seun , Dominique or whoever is concerned should please move this thread to the religion section where it rightly belong.
Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by EazyMoh(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
hooli:

Sorry I got so many mentions, missed that one earlier.
1. Quran 48:29 refers to the companions of the prophet who were praised as been merciful amongst themselves and ruthless on the disbelievers On THE BATTLEFIELD! The prophet himself lived with non-Muslims especially in Madinah and they were good neighbors. He even used to collect credit from them. How is that possible if he and his companions have been harsh on them all the time. So yes you are allowed to be harsh/ruthless on the battlefield.
2 Quran 9:123 was revealed after the prophet has returned form a military campaign and found out that some people at home refused to join the troops for selfish reasons, and there are conspirators among the non-Muslims who are planing to undermine the strength of Islam from within. So the verse commands those types of hypocrites be dealt with no matter how close they are with the believers in terms of blood relation and the likes. So yes Islamic brotherhood is superior to blood relation, if my own father were to wage war against Islam I'd kill him myself.
3. Quran 4:33 It's noteworthy the chapter 4 is called An-Nisa' meaning "Women". Througthout human no institution has given women fundamental rights as Islam did in one full swoop. Your issue I guess is regarding the "beating" part. Well you shall know that even the beating talked in Islam ha a further being explained by scholars. Some suggest if it is considered beating could make a certain bad behavior to stop, it's allowed if the husband uses a broomstick or a piece of cloth, but he shall never hit her face or use something that could cause permanent mark/injury on her. This is after trying other measures like talking to her, abstaining from her bed, reporting her to her parents and so on. She also has the right to report him to her parents if he mistreat a her in anyway, and she has the right to seek dissolution of the marriage.
I know it may seem unacceptable to you for a husband to beat his wife, but you shall know that today in some parts of the world you are not even allowed to hit your animal. Don't get me wrong am not equating a woman with an animal but this should tell you how naive today's world is. Some call eating chicken murder! lol. Bottom line is there's a balance and check in Islam, as a husband if you honestly believe only hitting your wife/children would make them behave well, you are allowed within some reasonable limit. And if she feels you are abusing her she can report to the marriage contractors and the husband would be sanctioned.
4 Quran 9:5 This Chapter again is the strongest in terms of ruthlessness against nonbelievers. But like the rest of its verses, this verse also referred to non-believers in Makkah who broke their promise of Treaty of Hudaibiyya and decided to attack Muslims. Again Allah ordered Muslims to look for all those that participated in the double cross. An application of Robert Greens Crush your Enemies Totally!

2 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by abumeinben(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
simpleseyi:

are you leaving by the old testament or new?

sad

Besides, prophets of baal are like the fake prophets we have these days

2 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

Sorry I got so many mentions, missed that one earlier.
1. Quran 48:29 refers to the companions of the prophet who were praised as been merciful amongst themselves and ruthless on the disbelievers On THE BATTLEFIELD! The prophet himself lived with non-Muslims especially in Madinah and they were good neighbors. He even used to collect credit from them. How is that possible if he and his companions have been harsh on them all the time. So yes you are allowed to be harsh/ruthless on the battlefield.
2 Quran 9:123 was revealed after the prophet has returned form a military campaign and found out that some people at home refused to join the troops for selfish reasons, and there are conspirators among the non-Muslims who are planing to undermine the strength of Islam from within. So the verse commands those types of hypocrites be dealt with no matter how close they are with the believers in terms of blood relation and the likes. So yes Islamic brotherhood is superior to blood relation, if my own father were to wage war against Islam I'd kill him myself.
3. Quran 4:33 It's noteworthy the chapter 4 is called An-Nisa' meaning "Women". Througthout human no institution has given women fundamental rights as Islam did in one full swoop. Your issue I guess is regarding the "beating" part. Well you shall know that even the beating talked in Islam ha a further being explained by scholars. Some suggest if it is considered beating could make a certain bad behavior to stop, it's allowed if the husband uses a broomstick or a piece of cloth, but he shall never hit her face or use something that could cause permanent mark/injury on her. This is after trying other measures like talking to her, abstaining from her bed, reporting her to her parents and so on. She also has the right to report him to her parents if he mistreat a her in anyway, and she has the right to seek dissolution of the marriage.
I know it may seem unacceptable to you for a husband to beat his wife, but you shall know that today in some parts of the world you ar not even allowed to hit your animal.
wow so you'll do that to your own father in the name of religion? Don't you think Allah as a God does not need you to fight for his one true religion?

2 Likes

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by newbornmacho(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
@Newbornmacho
Thank you.
Nice. So you concede then that some koranic injunctions have no place in the 21st century? Especially jihad related verses.now that's the only logical explanation. Would you gladly preach to other Muslims that the jihad is not applicable in our day? If one koranic injunction is found to be null and void , could there be others? In short could the Koran be in need of being set aside as irrelevant for today?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) by limeta(f): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

If we are not true Muslims but ISIS are then who do you believe, the us 99% or them less than1%?

What 99% sunny or 1% shiit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:suspected Fulani Gunmen Kill Pregnant Woman, Rape Others... / How Tinubu Fought Me With Charms When I Was His Deputy – Kofo Bucknor / What Is The Actual Size Of Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.