Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) (13207 Views)

UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) / University Of Ibadan Medical Students Protest Against Rise In Fee (PICS) / Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by RoastedCorn(m): 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
b
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

For some it is failures.....

For others, it is either

1.Your school did not get accredited on time

2.You have finished pre-clincials.....but because there was a strike that happened on the hospital side that lasted for months ......you have to wait up to a year before you start clinicals. (And you have spent 4 years in preclincals instead of 3 because ASUU went on strike in your second year....and months were wasted.

3.And even when you cross over, you are delayed by more strikes, and more strikes. Today, NARD , tomorrow JOHESU, the day after ASUU . And then there are the local strikes.

(And here is one thing about strikes....sometimes the strikes happened long before you entered school...but because students were delayed during strikes....you get delayed too.)

4.And let's be frank....med schools are over-crowded. Poor library facilities, poor hostel facilities, etc....all combine to make it a bit difficult to study. A
thanks for the info
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Silumi(f): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
lofty900:
How does a student spending 9 years in the institution blame it on poor management? He spent 9 years because he failed! During the 9 years have others not been graduating? If I be your papa ehn......

he didn't ve to repeat to spend nine years it is the same with d medical student in my school d all spent nine yrs due to strike both internal and general ones ...d educational system is whacked let us face d truth
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
If you are waiting for perfect condition, u won't get anything done!
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by bigsmoke2(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
The blame for lack of accreditation is shared between school management and ministry of health
Which refused to release the money already approved for the the process they probably put the money in one bank to make interest read this thread and you will understand this issue better https://www.nairaland.com/3315380/lasu-dentistry-nine-years-later
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by achieverme(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
NwaNimo1:
They should vote with there feet and find a better institution..9+ years of schooling then 9+ years of job hunting.

He is studying medicine sir and not plant biology. So he won't even spend 9 weeks job hunting.

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Mosb(m): 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
lofty900:
How does a student spending 9 years in the institution blame it on poor management? He spent 9 years because he failed! During the 9 years have others not been graduating? If I be your papa ehn......
. He hasn't graduated due to accreditation issues and stuff.... Please confirm before you talk
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Mosb(m): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
Bush2013:
Op you should have been specific enough. It is those in the faculty of dentistry and not the general college.
Are you a lasuite?
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by lukfame(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by jiinxed: 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
Just 9years? Come to IMSUTH, you would cry blood. undecided undecided
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 30, 2016
The Governor has responded. He did well today and i am glad as a Dental Student of LASU. the money has been released and the ACCREDITATION will begin immediately.

Thanks @AkinwunmiAmbode, The Ministry of Health.
#LasuDentalAccreditation...

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by SOVE: 6:02am On Aug 30, 2016
Tunde Spending 9years in medical school is not a new thing. So those of you blaming him should go and research on what happen in medical schools in Nigeria before talking. Tunde's case is not exceptional, similar thing is also happening in DELTA State university, Abraka.
My friends who got admitted with me same session 2008/2009 are just writing their final exams after I have graduated 2012, gone for my NYSC and back to medical school and presently in 300level even after working for a few years.

Government wake up and make medical school in Nigeria Interesting!
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by duduade: 6:43am On Aug 30, 2016
veekid:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is Tunde kidding me? ? 9 years in the university? Another brand of Ayo Makun

Shebi to be a medical doctor na their dream....... Make they continue to hustle for the dream
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Silumi(f): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
duduade:

Shebi to be a medical doctor na their dream....... Make they continue to hustle for the dream
jealousy aw ve u pursued your dream.? no wrong question.... do u even have one.?
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by duduade: 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Silumi:

jealousy aw ve u pursued your dream.? no wrong question.... do u even have one.?
a beg mind your business
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Silumi(f): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
duduade:
a beg mind your business
I did until u carried my business on ur head( as a med stud.)........mind d issues in ur life instead of giving myopic insensitive opinions about pples issues.
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by duduade: 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
Silumi:

I did until u carried my business on ur head( as a med stud.)........mind d issues in ur life instead of giving myopic insensitive opinions about pples issues.
mind your business...
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Silumi(f): 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
duduade:
mind your business...
learn to follow ur advice!!!!
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by megabeatsonline: 1:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
Exam fever wahala. You wanna break free? read this genesisonlinetutorials..co.ke/2016/08/six-steps-to-overcome-examination.html?m=1

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2017 Rescheduled Exam Slip, Centre & Exam Time Out - How To Check / Photos That Can Only Be Described As “I Won’t Believe It Until I See It” / Good News To All Admission Seekers 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.