Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari (33830 Views)

Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named Dog Buhari Appears In Court (Pics) / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by permanentgrace(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nonsense news everywhere. Pls i've got better things to worry abt e.g. my next meal which i'm not sure of due to Buhari hardship...not to worry abt one iddiot who thinks the name 'buhari' should only be limited to his father. I'll soon open a thread to narrow down how N700 couldnt provide me food unlike before.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Vic74real: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
What proof do the police hv that the man knew his neighbor's father's name is Buhari . this Islamist president is creating hate, division, bigotry and intolerance that have never been seen before in this country. His tribesmen are now so emboldened to do anything they like. Of course, we can now see all unwarranted killings...

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by OBAGADAFFI: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

I said in my post. Some might see the humor in it and some won't. And yoruba people no send you. As long as you no block their way. I be yoruba and i don't give a fvck to what anybody names his dog. But it doesn't make sense to find trouble intentionally.
You know this person get wahala then free the person. Lobatan

If the person get walala, make him carry him wahala to Niger/ North.

His feelings is not our problem in Yorubaland.

Just last week they Killed a fellow Yoruba brother in the North over allege blasphemy, which the Governor confirmed as False.

We must not give them any room for intolerance and violence in the SW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Xapio: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
amaechi1:
I have said it and I will continue to stress it, people should appreciate peace and avoid getting into things that will cause breakdown of law and order. I watch the young man who named his dog buhari and he claimed that buhari is one of his role model. I simple ask what about his father or any other kinmen? Would it be more better if he hadname the dog after his father or mother to futher express his love for his parents. Are they not his role model? Heating up the area all in the name of freedom of speech is stupidity in the highest order. He should thank his star that he still alive to narrate the story.
Of course I know that one sabo will rear his head and spit rubbish... Tell me exactly the section of our constitution the man violated? That some ediotic set of people choose not to tolerate other people's freedom of speech should not be encouraged. The man simply named his dog "Buhari" which is his hero. He has other dogs that he named Obama, and Mandela, his hero too.. So the man violated no law and the Ogun State police command has no case.. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by greggng: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
amaechi1:
I have said it and I will continue to stress it, people should appreciate peace and avoid getting into things that will cause breakdown of law and order. I watch the young man who named his dog buhari and he claimed that buhari is one of his role model. I simple ask what about his father or any other kinmen? Would it be more better if he hadname the dog after his father or mother to futher express his love for his parents. Are they not his role model? Heating up the area all in the name of freedom of speech is stupidity in the highest order. He should thank his star that he still alive to narrate the story.

Common who told you ur role model must be ur parents or ur kins men? Your role model may even come from outside Nigeria. So u re wrong. The motive behind any action is important. As far as law is concern he didn't do anything wrong

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by omolola15(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

If the person get walala, make him carry him wahala to Niger/ North.

His feelings is not our problem in Yorubaland.

Just last week they Killed a fellow Yoruba brother in the North over allege blasphemy, which the Governor confirmed as False.

We must not give them any room for intolerance and violence in the SW

I think that is what police are trying to do. Charging him to court might not be the best idea. But they just averted another bloodshed. I can't tolerate them as well. I'm tired of hearing about bloodshed. But the best way to avoid it is not to look for their trouble. Yoruba will say " mo iwa fun oniwa lounje ore jo ore" which means you should try to know everything about your friend. Know all his character so you can both live in peace.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by ehikwe22: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
All the stupid comments I'm seeing here shows that Hausa people are now expected to kill at will in Nigeria. They should be praised and worshipped if you offend them and they didn't kill you.

The man didn't deny naming his dog Buhari but I'm not sure he accepted writing the name of his dog on the dog's body. that seem like a lie from the police, reason they had to kill the dog before he was freed.

When did we become slaves in Nigeria that we are told to learn never to provoke the North or be killed?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Alirauf(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Since wen did ppl start writing names on pets or wateva, last time i checkd was on colar. Plus we r Africans we hav religion & culture dat makes up respect each other. 4 Godsake d neighbor is buhari y will u den write buhari on ur dog. Pls b realistic
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Cornel88(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
Well having taken time to see almost all sides of the arguments and got to a point where I started asking myself what the real issue here and truly I couldn't find one. One thing that I don't fathom is how most lovers of Mr. President over zealously form votron around anything that has to do with him.Try saying Mr President is not going the right direction you see some who wouldn't allow you land your point before attacking you. I know how old I am now and those long and short years I have seen pet named anything and God remained God. Even of very clear cases to most of us our past President GEJ was called a lot of names and God remained God. The question now is why should Buhari's be an issue, to the extent NPF waded in faster than lightening. Lets be fair and truthful to ourselves.

Please lets get into a more interesting level with our lives with www.infipros.com Check my signature for hint.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by ehikwe22: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
This guy in question is a an Olukumi from Delta State. A Yoruba descendant. Yorubas, take note. before you crucify Igbos because his Igbo name is more popular. he also has a Yoruba name and his daughters name is Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by OBAGADAFFI: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

I think that is what police are trying to do. Charging him to court might not be the best idea. But they just averted another bloodshed. I can't tolerate them as well. I'm tired of hearing about bloodshed. But the best way to avoid it is not to look for their trouble. Yoruba will say " mo iwa fun oniwa lounje ore jo ore" which means you should try to know everything about your friend. Know all his character so you can both live in peace.

No, the policemen are arresting the wrong person.

They should have arrested Alhaji Halilu Umar 'M' since they knew, he is prone to violence.

Nobody should make excuses for the violence and intolerances of these guys.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Wyttcat: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
The problem is, we Yoruba are sitting on the important issues. Ibos and the north are trouble makers. The ibos guy knew exactly what he was doing, the purpose and the reaction he wanted to get cos we know Hausa&fulani to kill for lesser provocation. And the Hausa&fulani whose emotions are running from their heads to toes and get provoked over just about anything. These two tribes are made up of mostly lunatics. And when two cripples (Hausa&fulani and ibos) bring problems to town, it's the able-bodied (Yoruba) that bear the brunt. This is one killing spree police averted. Yoruba monarchs need to start telling these suicidal ibos and others foreigners that they will leave and never be allowed to return if they cause any unrest anywhere in Yoruba land.

The belligerent Hausa&fulani and the paranoid ibos are just a deadly mix in a sane society like Yorubaland.
eleko1:
Good. Nobodyy stop u from naming ur car/house DONKEY LODGE but dnt o find trouble and later blame police for ur "stupidity"Apology for dat. Hausa pipu dnt KnW d diff btw A nd T ooo,nah YAMUTU Dem Sabi

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
amaechi1:

You rejoiced and celebrated when a Yoruba named a baboon Patience,

Your people and hypocrisy are like Buhari and Aisha.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by omolola15(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

No, the policemen are arresting the wrong person.

They should have arrested Alhaji Halilu Umar 'M' since they knew, he is prone to violence.

Nobody should make excuses for the violence and intolerances of these guys.

You know naija police na. Right doesn't matter to them. And na first to complain dey right for their side. I'm glad the lawyers are taking it up. Awon olopa yen o serious. Sorry to say but I no like naija police at all. They need a serious reform.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Kdon2: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
naptu2:
Nigeria Police News @PoliceNG_News

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliceNG_News/status/770275130962477056

You said two people had disagreement then you arrested one and lock him up in prison while the other threstening murder walks free! Is that justice for your eye??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by omolola15(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
Wyttcat:
The problem is, we Yoruba are sitting on the important issues. Ibos and the north are trouble makers. The ibos guy knew exactly what he was doing, the purpose and the reaction he wanted to get cos we know Hausa&fulani to kill for lesser provocation. And the Hausa&fulani who get provoked over just about anything. These two tribes are made up of mostly lunatics. And when two cripples (Hausa&fulani and ibos) bring problems to town, it's the able-bodied (Yoruba) that bear the brunt. This is one killing spree police averted. Yoruba monarchs need to start telling these suicidal ibos and others foreigners that they will leave and never be allowed to return if they cause any unrest anywhere in Yoruba land.

OBAGADAFFI this is what I told someone. That igbo guy know sey na Hausa area. And he knows na go Hausa man sabi. Nothing concern them with come. Especially the illiterates among them. It's an unnecessary provocation. As we dey blame the Hausa man for getting angry at nothing. Make we dey blame the ibo man too for acting that way. But I still believe they should resolved it amicably.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Omeokachie: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
Police finally realising they've shot themselves on the foot. Why kill the man's dog when the matter is in court?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Getintouch2004(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

Seriously? You want to know how an area can heat up abi? You don't know ketere market is 99% Hausa market abi? I don't know where you stay. But please name your dog or pig Buhari or Danjuma that na popular Hausa name. Take a bust to lagos, drop at oshodi. Then from oshodi drop at sango otta. Make sure you drop at the last bus stop. Then walk further small. Don't climb the bridge oooo. Just cross under the bridge. Ketere market is your left.

When you get there enter the market and start dancing about with your dog. Don't forget the name should be written boldly on the dog. Sebi that Buhari guy was civil he had the patience to go and report at the station. If danjuma na pure aboki wey no send. Body go tell you. Then you'd have a perfect example.

He did the normal thing by reporting to the police. He didn't start fighting him. But I dont see a big deal in the issue. They should have resolved it amicably. At least the man will clean the name and apologize. That should have solve it. But those abokis too get strong head.

But the dog owner self suppose know Buhari is a popular Hausa name. And there's a 5% chance there will be Buhari in the market. Name your dog Buhari but don't write it on the dog. Some people might see the humor in it, but some won't.
As simple as that.

I totally believe this had nothing to do with the President. If he had picked danjuma or Sanusi. The samething would still happen.

All the rubbish you typed simply buttressed the fact that a typical Northerner is aggressive..... very aggressive.

Take the same dog and name it Ikechukwu (God's power) or Ikenna. Take it to Ariaria International market in Aba. If you like patrol in that market with your dog from morning till night, nobody go even send u.

Everything is all about tolerance.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Wyttcat: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
True.
omolola15:

OBAGADAFFI this is what I told someone. That igbo guy know sey na Hausa area. And he knows na go Hausa man sabi. Nothing concern them with come. Especially the illiterates among them. It's an unnecessary provocation. As we dey blame the Hausa man for getting angry at nothing. Make we dey blame the ibo man too for acting that way. But I still believe they should resolved it amicably.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by neocortex: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
Alirauf:
Since wen did ppl start writing names on pets or wateva, last time i checkd was on colar. Plus we r Africans we hav religion & culture dat makes up respect each other. 4 Godsake d neighbor is buhari y will u den write buhari on ur dog. Pls b realistic

Get your facts right.

1. Writing name on your pet is not a crime.

2. Apart from what police said nobody saw any name on the dog.

3. The neighbour's name is Halilu Umar there is no "Buhari" in his name,
if at all his other name is Buhari, how would an unfriendly neighbour know
him so well ? I doubt if you know the surnames of your friendly neighbour let
alone the second name of the father of an unfriendly neighbour.

4. If we are to go by your logic, since we don't name dog in our culture, I expect police to
lock up anybody who names his pet a human name not single out a man who named
his dog "Buhari", what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Lightening: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

How will the issue cause bloodshed in Yorubaland.

Is the Police indirectly making excuses for intolerance?

My brother I tire o.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Bnladan(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Bloody liars Mr Joachim stated he named his dog after his " hero " buhari and not after his neighbor.Whatever is the case, Mr Joachim committed no crime and there was no reason to charge him to court.If anyone were to be charged to court, that would be those who threatened him for exercising his fundamental Human Rights to name his dog whatever name he wants!!

Shame on the Nigerian police.You people suck
on behalf of Nairaland, I name my black pig "papa cktheluckyone". B4 u quote me, I'm exercising my my civil right. Thank u for understanding cool

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by entparrot(f): 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
Police fumble! I cant believe police published this stuff, you see what APC has turn our police into. And the worst part A senior officer of AIG,called for the case file, and still didnt know he was breaching Joe fundamental right. What a shame!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:

The question is how can an area be heated up because a dog was named? People who are living in the 16th century should be forced to grow up and not tolerated!!
I just named my pig Buhari what's the big deal about the stupid name anyway

Una go just dey yarn wetin una no know. Go to Bradford in the UK and name your pig Prophet Muhammed then walk it around the Asian quarter. In fact all the areas there are inhabited by Asians so just choose any part of Bradford.

Only two thing will happen to you. It is either you are arrested by the UK police for trying to incite violence or beheaded by Bradford boys.

Maybe UK police are living in your 16th century too.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by kingmekus(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
legba1:

I will advice you to name him buhari trully....inscribe the name on its body like ur friend did.....and parade him in sabo or hausa poulated area and see the end result....for naming his dog buhari, I sincerely dont grudge him, but for writing the said name on the poor dog'g body and parading it on the street of a hausa community, he goofed and could have been mobbed by those fellows and it is your likes that will come here and shout blue murder....must u purposefully look for trouble...haba. he has rights under the law as others do too.
did u see the picture of the name inscribed on the dog?? just dey talk wetin u no dey sure of.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Lightening: 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
Alirauf:

And the name Buhari can only refer to the complainant? Is the name Buhari a trademark? This same people look so pitiable and tamely in the East, but demands so much once they cross over to the West tells me they know the game they are playing very well.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by neocortex: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
Wyttcat:
The problem is, we Yoruba are sitting on the important issues. Ibos and the north are trouble makers. The ibos guy knew exactly what he was doing, the purpose and the reaction he wanted to get cos we know Hausa&fulani to kill for lesser provocation. And the Hausa&fulani whose emotions are running from their heads to toes and get provoked over just about anything. These two tribes are made up of mostly lunatics. And when two cripples (Hausa&fulani and ibos) bring problems to town, it's the able-bodied (Yoruba) that bear the brunt. This is one killing spree police averted. Yoruba monarchs need to start telling these suicidal ibos and others foreigners that they will leave and never be allowed to return if they cause any unrest anywhere in Yoruba land.

The belligerent Hausa&fulani and the paranoid ibos are just a deadly mix in a sane society like Yorubaland.

Civilised society are abolishing death penalty even for the
most grievous offense such as mass murder but you think
a man who is ready to kill should be appeased at all cost,
you even suggesting you banish the potential victim instead
of the agrressor.

I am sure you are one of those who always blame the victim
for "provoking" their attacker.

You can't change violent men by kowtowing to all their wishes,
they are only changed when their is consequence for their action.

No one has a right to kill, not even in the animal jungle can such right be
enforced.

Any one that is ready to kill must be locked up not appeased, yes, that is the
only solution.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Good news......cos I've decided to name my bittch aisha.

so u luv aisha pass ur mama ..
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
amaechi1:
No matter what your beliefs or ideals are, the law is the law. What has he done that can be termed a crime? You are free to name your stuff anything. Isco named his dog Messi. Tell me one person you know that gave his pet a bad name.
That aside, whatever judge that has not dismissed this case is just stupid. "The law is an ass" as they say

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by ginggerxy: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
amaechi1:
d problem with this country is that we have so many fools like you

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by insomnia1234: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:

The question is how can an area be heated up because a dog was named? People who are living in the 16th century should be forced to grow up and not tolerated!!
I just named my pig Buhari what's the big deal about the stupid name anyway
Your parents will enjoy the time they spent sending you to school. Very brilliant response. Buhari was even glorified by being named a dog. Dogs are more reasonable than this buhari of a man

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by sammhi(m): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
Liars
Trying to settle it amicably and he was in jail
Charged to court
Police it was better u kept quiet than this insult on our psyche .
Bloody liars

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Gives Her Pet Monkey A Luxurious Bath (Photo, Video) / I Just Lost One Of My Precious Dogs (so Sad) / Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.