Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari (33828 Views)

Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named Dog Buhari Appears In Court (Pics) / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by KingsleyCEO: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
No that's not all you did o. You have not told us the whole story. Ok, tell me, Who killed the dog(Buhari)?
Nigeria police Force!!!
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by SIRTee15: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
Omeokachie:
Police finally realising they've shot themselves on the foot. Why kill the man's dog when the matter is in court?

the man ordered his own dog to be killed so that it won't be used against him in court......
go and read the first police statement on this matter......
he has always denied he inscribed buhari on his dog while other people said otherwise......
the reason he had to kill the poor dog......
the guy knows what he's doing...... he's a troublemaker......
reason why I can never support him........
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
they have no case to charge to court! The police should be sued period! tonyebarcanista you will say am wicked.... but if you remember the prattles of the police image person on channels over the sealing up of the liberation stadium ....you should understand why the NPF should be sued and sued and resued at the slightest of all infractions!

amaechi1:

It very obvious you did not read the police statement completetly. Did you read after trying to settle the the case amicable, but was not successful, they decide to charge the case to court. May you never finf yourself in trouble that you think never matter.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
the complainant should be arrested and tried for animal abuse!

SIRTee15:

the man ordered his dog to be killed so that it won't be used against him in court......
he has always denied he inscribed buhari on his dog while other people said otherwise......
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by nnokwa042(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

Seriously? You want to know how an area can heat up abi? You don't know ketere market is 99% Hausa market abi? I don't know where you stay. But please name your dog or pig Buhari or Danjuma that na popular Hausa name. Take a bust to lagos, drop at oshodi. Then from oshodi drop at sango otta. Make sure you drop at the last bus stop. Then walk further small. Don't climb the bridge oooo. Just cross under the bridge. Ketere market is your left.

When you get there enter the market and start dancing about with your dog. Don't forget the name should be written boldly on the dog. Sebi that Buhari guy was civil he had the patience to go and report at the station. If danjuma na pure aboki wey no send. Body go tell you. Then you'd have a perfect example.

He did the normal thing by reporting to the police. He didn't start fighting him. But I dont see a big deal in the issue. They should have resolved it amicably. At least the man will clean the name and apologize. That should have solve it. But those abokis too get strong head.

But the dog owner self suppose know Buhari is a popular Hausa name. And there's a 5% chance there will be Buhari in the market. Name your dog Buhari but don't write it on the dog. Some people might see the humor in it, but some won't.
As simple as that.

I totally believe this had nothing to do with the President. If he had picked danjuma or Sanusi. The samething would still happen.
so if 3 yoruba guys now name thier 3 dogs buhari umaru adamu and went to this place ur talking about with thier dogs and got killed by the hausas u yorubas will clap for the hausas e kwa?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by OBAGADAFFI: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

OBAGADAFFI this is what I told someone. That igbo guy know sey na Hausa area. And he knows na go Hausa man sabi. Nothing concern them with come. Especially the illiterates among them. It's an unnecessary provocation. As we dey blame the Hausa man for getting angry at nothing. Make we dey blame the ibo man too for acting that way. But I still believe they should resolved it amicably.

Let me make is clear here .
This is Yorubaland, and it is neutral to both the Hausa and Igbo..

When this happens in Agege and Shomolu, the Baale calls both the Eze and Seriki to a meeting and warns both party to behave.

But the Police escalated the situation, with arrest Igbo man, while excusing the violent attitude of the Hausa man.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by SIRTee15: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
SmartChoices:
the complainant should be arrested and tried for animal abuse!

the man killed his own dog not the complainant.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Wyttcat: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
If only you can think properly, you will see that my post went to the heart of the matter, but since you can't, stay ignorant.

Both men are responsible with the ibo man more to blame. How I wish the police didn't come to his rescue to save his neck from a dagger (who knows, he might still meet his demise if he goes back there). And who is running around and has his wife and kid restless now?

Taunting others is what you ibos are known for everywhere you go and you will continue to get the consequence of your actions from your fellow emotional wrecks.
neocortex:

Civilised society are abolishing death penalty even for the
most grievous offense such as mass murder but you think
a man who is ready to kill should be appeased at all cost,
you even suggesting you banish the potential victim instead
of the agrressor.

I am sure you are one of those who always blame the victim
for "provoking" their attacker.

You can't change violent men by kowtowing to all their wishes,
they are only changed when their is consequence for their action.

No one has a right to kill, not even in the animal jungle can such right be
enforced.

Any one that is ready to kill must be locked up not appeased, yes, that is the
only solution.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
SIRTee15:

the man killed his own dog not the complainant.

lies

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by ebenholer(m): 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
When u believe police for the then u are making ursef a scrap of deceit cos they are deceitful.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by visijo(m): 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
nigerian police chasing irrelevant things since AD..

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Omeokachie: 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
SIRTee15:

the man ordered his own dog to be killed so that it won't be used against him in court......

There was a video posted on here earlier today showing a very angry Iroko remonstrating the killing of his dog, and why they had to do it while holding him in their custody. I suggest you watch that video and tell if that suggests a man who "ordered" the killing of his own dog...

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by eleko1: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Undiluted truth. God bless you.
Wyttcat:
The problem is, we Yoruba are sitting on the important issues. Ibos and the north are trouble makers. The ibos guy knew exactly what he was doing, the purpose and the reaction he wanted to get cos we know Hausa&fulani to kill for lesser provocation. And the Hausa&fulani whose emotions are running from their heads to toes and get provoked over just about anything. These two tribes are made up of mostly lunatics. And when two cripples (Hausa&fulani and ibos) bring problems to town, it's the able-bodied (Yoruba) that bear the brunt. This is one killing spree police averted. Yoruba monarchs need to start telling these suicidal ibos and others foreigners that they will leave and never be allowed to return if they cause any unrest anywhere in Yoruba land.

The belligerent Hausa&fulani and the paranoid ibos are just a deadly mix in a sane society like Yorubaland.
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin,make dem terrorist pipu nor attack u for dis truth. *hide*
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by CioAngels(f): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

Seriously? You want to know how an area can heat up abi? You don't know ketere market is 99% Hausa market abi? I don't know where you stay. But please name your dog or pig Buhari or Danjuma that na popular Hausa name. Take a bust to lagos, drop at oshodi. Then from oshodi drop at sango otta. Make sure you drop at the last bus stop. Then walk further small. Don't climb the bridge oooo. Just cross under the bridge. Ketere market is your left.

When you get there enter the market and start dancing about with your dog. Don't forget the name should be written boldly on the dog. Sebi that Buhari guy was civil he had the patience to go and report at the station. If danjuma na pure aboki wey no send. Body go tell you. Then you'd have a perfect example.

He did the normal thing by reporting to the police. He didn't start fighting him. But I dont see a big deal in the issue. They should have resolved it amicably. At least the man will clean the name and apologize. That should have solve it. But those abokis too get strong head.

But the dog owner self suppose know Buhari is a popular Hausa name. And there's a 5% chance there will be Buhari in the market. Name your dog Buhari but don't write it on the dog. Some people might see the humor in it, but some won't.
As simple as that.

I totally believe this had nothing to do with the President. If he had picked danjuma or Sanusi. The samething would still happen.
I don't understand, non hausa should begin to be afraid of hausa people? Like someone wrote earlier, are non northerner now bewitched? This is a serious issueoo.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by omolola15(m): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Getintouch2004:

All the rubbish you typed simply buttressed the fact that a typical Northerner is aggressive..... very aggressive.

Take the same dog and name it Ikechukwu (God's power) or Ikenna. Take it to Ariaria International market in Aba. If you like patrol in that market with your dog from morning till night, nobody go even send u.

Everything is all about tolerance.

Is there a point in that my write up where I said Hausa man no dey aggressive? You said it's about tolerance and i did say that on my other post. So if you think I typed rubbish. Na your opinion.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by princefaculty(m): 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
Police is synonymous with Lienus Mohammed, if it were to be the case of a man accusing the owner of the dog naming it after his father the owner of the dog wouldn't have mentioned PMB as someone he likes and models after whom he can't in anyway degrade. He responded after his release from detebtion base on what the accusation was which is naming his dog after PMB who is his role model.
NPF is only cooking this lie now coz Garba Shehu said its laughable that some people are making a case out of a thing PMB will only laugh over.
It's a shame and most laughable at this point sef grin
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Talibanis: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
I have personally learnt never to believe the Nigerian Police Force....they are a bunch of liars and a disgrace to law enforcement. sad angry
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by SIRTee15: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
Omeokachie:

There was a video posted on here earlier today showing a very angry Iroko remonstrating the killing of his dog, and why they had to do it while holding him in their custody. I suggest you watch that video and tell if that suggests a man who "ordered" the killing of his own dog...

someone that lied he named his dog buhari because buhari is a role model to him.......
so in his culture, they honour role model by naming them after dogs.....
he insisted he never inscribed a name on his dog..... yet his charge in court said just that.....
a pathological n pathetic liar at that.......
and u want me believe anything that comes out if his mouth......
the man ordered his relatives to kill the dog because the police wanted to take the dog away n use it as an exhibit against him in court.......
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by neocortex: 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
Wyttcat:
If only you can think properly, you will see that my post went to the heart of the matter, but since you can't, stay ignorant.

Both men are responsible with the ibo man more to blame. How I wish the police didn't come to his rescue to save his neck from a dagger (who knows, he might still meet his demise if he goes back there). And who is running around and have his wife and kid restless now?

Taunting others is what you ibos are known for everywhere you go and you will continue to get the consequence of your actions from your fellow emotional wrecks.

Here we go again, yet another pseudo-tribalist without principles but
judging right and wrong based on who the actors are.

Where in my post did I mention being igbo ?

I know it is difficult transitioning from 14th century to 21st century thinking,
but you must know that there is no room for violent individuals in the 21st
century, at least not in a sane society.

You might think that a an easily-provoked violent man has the right to kill you,
but not everyone shares your view.

Now run off to worship your gods before they put their dagger to your neck.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Bloody liars Mr Joachim stated he named his dog after his " hero " buhari and not after his neighbor.Whatever is the case, Mr Joachim committed no crime and there was no reason to charge him to court.If anyone were to be charged to court, that would be those who threatened him for exercising his fundamental Human Rights to name his dog whatever name he wants!!

Shame on the Nigerian police.You people suck
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by Wyttcat: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
If only you can take your head out of your anus and see that the world has left you and your primitive way of thinking behind. How your kind are put among civilized people like Yoruba is beyond me. Your bigotry has earned you real enemies wherever you go as the most disgusting and despicable humans, and the only reason you are not being killed more than we are seeing now is because it is illegal. You are not better than Hausa&fulani, you are just afraid to die. You are even worse because while hausa&fulani stay and fight to finish, you look for trouble and then play victim. Coward, go and lead your brothers back to Sango and tell them they are no longer on the run, and go back to business as usual like it never happened..
neocortex:

Here we go again, yet another pseudo-tribalist without principles but
judging right and wrong based on who the actors are.

Where in my post did I mention being igbo ?

I know it is difficult transitioning from 14th century to 21st century thinking,
but you must know that there is no room for violent individuals in the 21st
century, at least not in a sane society.

You might think that a an easily-provoked violent man has the right to kill you,
but not everyone shares your view.

Now run off to worship your gods before they put their dagger to your neck.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

As simple as that.

*sigh. All the long epistle is to corroborate that a sect of people are violent, take laws into their hands and can kill at will. Isn't it despicable and shameful. To think you keep going on and on gloating about impunity and tyranny. *smh! undecided
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
legba1:

I will advice you to name him buhari trully....inscribe the name on its body like ur friend did.....and parade him in sabo or hausa poulated area and see the end result....for naming his dog buhari, I sincerely dont grudge him, but for writing the said name on the poor dog'g body and parading it on the street of a hausa community, he goofed and could have been mobbed by those fellows and it is your likes that will come here and shout blue murder....must u purposefully look for trouble...haba. he has rights under the law as others do too.
Jeez!!! So, becos of potential mobs people shouldn't express themselves again? if the security agencies shd arrest anyone isn't it the person that sent death threats and promised to mob? When an anomaly becomes the norm. It only happens when it is buhari or a northerner.. smh!
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
madridsta007:

Let us not obfuscate a story that is so simple because we want to pepertuate a myth.

The man named his dog with the name of his "hero", Buhari. There is NO LAW in Nigeria against this practice.

The man went ahead to state that there was a precedence— he has named his dogs with names of other world leaders, past and present. Consequently, he has a "Mandela" and an "Obama."

There's no LAW against this.

The man has done NOTHING wrong, NOTHING illegal and nothing unlawful. Unless we want to deceive ourselves.

Nothing.

The police has not said anything about the illegal migrant who came to report a Nigerian to them. Nor about the people who killed his dog. (Where are the animal rights activists). Nor about the persons threating to kill a Nigerian man. Innocent man.

Rather it is the innocent man that was arrested.

If this doesn't describe a lawless and utterly confused society, I do not know what else would.
kiss kiss
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
dadexcel:
........... And what exactly is your point my friend?.. That the young man committed and offense by naming his dog a name or what exactly?... Why are you trying so hard to justify a rather foolish and absurd scenario like this one.... Please in as much as most people are living in denial some of us still have brains and are highly irritated when issues like this are giving limevlightvinbthe place excruciating economic hardships!...
they are trying so hard to rope the innocent man... like dey assume we are all zombies and just take everything hook line and sinker. Smh!
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:

The fact remains that no offense was committed!!! How old are you exactly? What portions of the law exactly did Mr Joachim violate by his conduct? Is there any portions of our law that forbids him from naming his dog buhari or inscribing it on its body?
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Did Yoruba men start fight when they named animal after OBJ?

Why are we always making excuses for intolerance.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Xapio:
Of course I know that one sabo will rear his head and spit rubbish... Tell me exactly the section of our constitution the man violated? That some ediotic set of people choose not to tolerate other people's freedom of speech should not be encouraged. The man simply named his dog "Buhari" which is his hero. He has other dogs that he named Obama, and Mandela, his hero too.. So the man violated no law and the Ogun State police command has no case.. angry angry
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
omolola15:

I think that is what police are trying to do. Charging him to court might not be the best idea. But they just averted another bloodshed. I can't tolerate them as well. I'm tired of hearing about bloodshed. But the best way to avoid it is not to look for their trouble. Yoruba will say " mo iwa fun oniwa lounje ore jo ore" which means you should try to know everything about your friend. Know all his character so you can both live in peace.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by lyricalz: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nigerian Police and lies, one hell of a mixture. They know d media has taken grip of the issue, they are now twisting it.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by mrgafari(m): 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
My thoughts:
The overwhelming response to this case shows the problem with us as a people. Too much sentimental rubbish, yet very little examination of the claims of both Mr. Iroko and Mr. Umar. The case should revolve around proving and disproving the following:

1) That Mr. iroko named his dog after his hero, the president. (hard to disprove since there might not be tangible evidence for intent)
2) That Mr. iroko named his dog after Mr. umar's father. (umar will have to provide evidence of previous altercation or eye witnesses since iroko denies this)
3) That Mr. iroko wrote the name on his dog and walked the dog through ketere market(eye witness account only way to prove this plus a detailed sequence of the event including the exact day and time. Mr. iroko will have to provide an alibi if he denies the act)

Personally, I think making this simple civil case into a case against the president shows exactly why our courts don't work and might never work. This is a simple case (even though there were allegations of threat to public peace) and a magistrate should be able to adjudicate here. Making it all about the president or 'reckless northerners' or 'provocative ibos' is simply missing the point

And I doubt that Mr. Iroko would have the courage to walk the dog through that market. ketere market runs the lenght of a hundred metres with stalls on both sides belonging to northerners. it is a small and compact market where hardly a word of English is spoken. A stroll through the market feels like a stroll through the streets of kano. though, there is a strong ibo presence (boutiques and electronic stores) in the areas around ketere, I doubt Mr. iroko would have the effrontery to pull off what he was accused of. I also doubt that Mr. Iroko considers the president his hero.....

But those are my thoughts. what matters is the courts verdict. why don't we stop all these sentimental gymnastics and focus on the facts of the case.

As for the shoddy way in which the NPF handled this case. Its no surprise that over the decades, no one has had to play the ethnic card in other to criticize the force. The tongue lashing is uniform.....and well deserved.
Re: Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari by AntiWailer: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
To the f00lish people talking about 21st century.

Which of the countries was the dog's name inscribed on both sides of the dog ?

The eediot was looking for trouble and he got it.

The story has not changed from day 1.

The Buhari has nothing to do with the President. Only sore losers are screaming tyranny.

You named a dog ur neighbour's father's name and knowing how their religion will not want to have anything to do with dogs.

That can lead to religious violence with mindless killing of innocent people because one eediot has plenty losers as supporters forming right.

Can the supporters have their fathers name inscribed o the 2 sides of a pig and they should form civilization. Bunch of m0r0ns.

I have beautiful dogs and they bear western human names. The names are not inscribed and I love my dogs to bits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Gives Her Pet Monkey A Luxurious Bath (Photo, Video) / I Just Lost One Of My Precious Dogs (so Sad) / Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.