Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors (8207 Views)

SHOCKING: Fulani Herdsmen And Their Sponsors Finally Revealed. / EFCC Recovers Properties From Ex-Militants And Bankers (Photos) / Militants And Military Clash In Arepo And Ibafo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by SuperS1Panther: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

there is wisdom in silence....
You know nothing about this please..you guys will sit in the comfort of your home read from biased press and assume.
Do you know au warri is run?do you know what the call families in warri n delta..?

And don't bring your divisive tendency to ijaw and itsekiri..you guys are now drumming for Ayiri..what was he doing 2years ago?
Better...stay off what you don't know..

Drumming for Ayiri? In what way?

Are we blind to the obvious?

If you are not blind to the obvious, why is that 90% of militants an trouble makers from ND are Ijaws? Why?

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by dra1987(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2016
I think is a big shame for the njer delta pple to come out at this time to say that the federal government has not done anything good for their region,imagine how they forgot so soon that the whole country was under their control for almost a decade but did not make used of such opportunity. I think your problem lie wding u,by nw janathan sul be looking for wia to hide because of the shame he has brought upon his pple,by concentrating on making few individual richer than the region instead of providing basic amenities he gave them weapons to create more havoc to their region . Jonathan sul have done better . but all hope is not lost Jonathan is still alive u can still go to him and ask him why he refused to do all this things that the pple of njer delta are asking the present government to do for the region which is impossible,With the way janathan has embezzled the whole country's account with some few individuals. I think the best thing the njer deltans sul be doing by now is to beg the present government . using weapons bought by some individual to destroy your region is not the best options for now give Buhari more time to settle down,and for him to be able to clear the mess done by your own person, if you do this it will help u and ur unborn children. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by pepigeorge(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2016
fratermathy:
The Ijaws have always hijacked anything that has to do with Niger Delta! This is another hegemony that we deal with everyday in the South South. If it's not Igbos trying to annex us in their dreamy Biafra, it's Ijaws overshadowing us and lumping their own struggles on all of us. This is why Niger Delta republic can never work! Biafra can never work! In fact, Nigeria is the best place for most of us that are minorities.

As an urhobo man, I know we have our own struggles and wishes. Just because we don't blow up pipelines like f**ls doesn't mean we won't be heard. Only time will tell...

Go look bush
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Efewestern: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2016
fratermathy:
The Ijaws have always hijacked anything that has to do with Niger Delta! This is another hegemony that we deal with everyday in the South South. If it's not Igbos trying to annex us in their dreamy Biafra, it's Ijaws overshadowing us and lumping their own struggles on all of us. This is why Niger Delta republic can never work! Biafra can never work! In fact, Nigeria is the best place for most of us that are minorities.

As an urhobo man, I know we have our own struggles and wishes. Just because we don't blow up pipelines like f**ls doesn't mean we won't be heard. Only time will tell...

God bless you.... sometimes i just ignore there rant on NL. But on a serious note Nigeria need Restructuring.. am nr against the militant
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2016
HopeAtHand:

theres no inferiority feeling, hes actually sending a sincere message. It is best if Ijaws do not hide under the greater Niger Delta umbrella to further an Ijaw agenda. Enuff said.
If you are informed, you would know that the Ijaws have always used 'Niger Delta' as an alternate since time immemorial, and Ijaw nations forms the bulk of the original Niger Delta before the coming of political Niger Delta.

When Isaac Boro declared Niger Delta Republic in 1966, it was understood that he meant ONLY Ijaw communities.

Please, stop sounding like one of these inferior groups that always develop cold feet whenever Ijaw is mentioned.

As long as no ijawman comes to your land, MIND YOUR BUSINESS

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Efewestern: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Will you shut up? has any Ijawman ever destroyed pipeline in Urhobo of non ijaw area? what is this inferiority feeling from some of you?

must you insult Him to drive home your point ?.. The issue is simple.. Every ethnic group should be well Represented... ND is not meant for one particular tribe... I love the itsekiri's, Not matter hw small they re u can't Over shadow them.

I still think Restructuring will be the best thing for Nigeria
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by pepigeorge(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2016
I know the itsekiris, I have llived with dem....
they are d afonjas of SS
crooked people
cowards and selfish people. ....
betrayals of nigerdelta..
they usurped the amnesty programme to deir advantage wen nor of them has ever carried a gun...

They have gained immensely from pdp just like d afonjas. ... now they are trying to gain relevance in APC...

They better not invoke the wrath of the ijaws again.....
they can still remember wot happen in 1999

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by ificatchmodeh: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Drumming for Ayiri? In what way?

Are we blind to the obvious?

If you are not blind to the obvious, why is that 90% of militants an trouble makers from ND are Ijaws? Why?

Don't think you understand miltancy..
Is not restricted to any tribe in the south south..except tompolo adeke and few others..you think the rest are ijaws?or all their boys are ijaws?

Ayiri is new guy for government..he is itsekiri..they're using him now..just the way you feel jonathan used tompolo..and he is enjoying the fame..yea..he is...or maybe you've not seen him of late.

militancy knows no tribe...is all about interest..some are genuine some are out to make some money.
Secondly..is all about securing government contracts and having unlimited access to bunkering..
Crude control..the military alone can't do that.
They government knows..
They business is for anybody who choose to pledge loyalty..be it hausa..fulani,igbo,yourba..is not limited to ijaw..
maybe a visit to the creek will clarify you.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Tony..those guys are ignorant about lot of issue..they come online and make noise..call it noise..
Try and ignore..
Ayiri can't speak for naija delta...he knows..a butterfly that thinks himself a bird.
Can you imagine that dude? I don't blame him, I blame ignorance
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2016
Efewestern:

must you insult Him to drive home your point ?.. The issue is simple.. Every ethnic group should be well Represented... ND is not meant for one particular tribe... I love the itsekiri's, Not matter hw small they re u can't Over shadow them.

I still think Restructuring will be the best thing for Nigeria
Where did you see insult? Who stops others from organising their own negotiation team and meeting the government? Are Ijaw youths mandated to "carry along"?

It is very simple, if you feel not represented, go form your own committee to meet government. Ijaws OWE no group anything in the Delta.

All militant groups from MEND, NDA, NDPVF, ABA etc will only elect their "people and friends" to speak for them. If any other person feel underrepresented he should form his own group and nominate his own people.

LEAVE IJAW out of this.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by tutudesz: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Where did you see insult? Who stops others from organising their own negotiation team and meeting the government? Are Ijaw youths mandated to "carry along"?

It is very simple, if you feel not represented, go form your own committee to meet government. Ijaws OWE no group anything in the Delta.

All militant groups from MEND, NDA, NDPVF, ABA etc will only elect their "people and friends" to speak for them. If any other person feel underrepresented he should form his own group and nominate his own people.

LEAVE IJAW out of this.
Its called Izon nd Ijaws is what we speak, you all should start using it right.
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Other Niger Delta ethnicities are just waking up.

Ijaws are the face of criminality of ND. Let me bitter truth told.

We can all remember how they hijacked 99% of beneficiaries of Amnesty Programme, how they turned to the Lords of Niger Delta when GEJ was in power and how a miscreant calling himself Tompolo threatened Jonathan over the commissioning of the Gas City which was the only benefit the itshekiris got from GEJ in 6years.

What baffles me is how they called themselves 10m people when the home state of Bayelsa is less than a millio.
Ijaws are more than 10million in population.

Bayelsa is not "home state of Ijaws", it is the only state that is predominantly Ijaws (if you are intelligent you will know the difference).

Indigenous Ijaw population in Rivers, Ondo, Edo, Delta, and Akwa Ibom States speak for themselves. If only the Nigeria State will grant us our Oil Rivera and Toru-Ibe states. God de sha

I actually don't care about your opinion, so don't expect further reply!
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:41am On Aug 30, 2016
tutudesz:

Its called Izon nd Ijaws is what we speak, you all should start using it right.
Dude, Izon is a subgroup of Ijaw, and people from Central Ijaw are called Izon. Please get the difference or ask Elders.

I understand that people from central Ijaw usually use Izon and Ijaw interchangeably (which is not wrong), just as a Kalabari or Ibani will either refer to himself as Ijaw or go with his Kalabari or Ibani subgroup.

The IYC, INC,IPA, IPDI etc use "Ijaw" and not "Izon" for a reason.

Hope you are cool
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by tutudesz: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Dude, Izon is a subgroup of Ijaw, and people from Central Ijaw are called Izon. Please get the difference or ask Elders.

I understand that people from central Ijaw usually use Izon and Ijaw interchangeably (which is not wrong), just as a Kalabari or Ibani will either refer to himself as Ijaw or go with his Kalabari or Ibani subgroup.

The IYC, INC,IPA, IPDI etc use "Ijaw" and not "Izon" for a reason.

Hope you are cool
Never knew that tanks. Cool
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Izonpikin: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2016
Gthe itshekiris and other groups should brace up and join in the liberation fight...

Aren't they benefitting from the previous fights of ijaws against the government that has led to massive restructuring as regards oil producing areas..when ijaws fight and benefits come we all benefit...and now they are behaving like weaklings...nonsense...

undecided undecided
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2016
tutudesz:
Never knew that tanks. Cool
Cheers man
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by tainot2002(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2016
willjoe:
Truth be told, No one can conquer NDA and their powerful sponsors, nt even your President

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by aisammy4: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2016
49cents:

I am igbo
I am not interested in SS oil
I am not interested in biafra that includes non-igbo cultural groups
How many Igbos on oil wells in SS?
Ken Saro Wiwa said he prefer north to Igbo.....and the north (Abacha an buhari) hung him like a dog!

Igbos don't need your oyel....we have ours; and what is more an entrepreneurial culture that helps us excel.

The only whole of Africa is to shed the tribalistic mentality, embrace social emancipation rooted in social justice!

No one is gonna be a minority in the new world order

I laugh at you! Do you think Igbos can stay together? Igbos are not united. You are just busy fighting to get Biafra when you are suppose to be strategizing to win seat of the President of Nigeria.

If you dont know, check every election that has been conducted in Nigeria you will discover that we have more Igbos contesting for presidency in Nigeria. They would have just come together for just once and choose one credible leader to come out representing the Igbos and see if he or she would not go closer in getting the presidency (that is if he does not win).

I will always say this, "Please learn from the failures of South Sudan"
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Izonpikin: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

LEAVE IJAW out of this.
when ijaws struggle and benefits come like 13 percent derivation they all enjoy but when it's time to suffer together they detach themselves...Ingrates...
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Ugosample(m): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2016
aisammy4:

I laugh at you! Do you think Igbos can stay together? Igbos are not united. You are just busy fighting to get Biafra when you are suppose to be strategizing to win seat of the President of Nigeria.

If you dont know, check every election that has been conducted in Nigeria you will discover that we have more Igbos contesting for presidency in Nigeria. They would have just come together for just once and choose one credible leader to come out representing the Igbos and see if he or she would not go closer in getting the presidency (that is if he does not win).

I will always say this, "Please learn from the failures of South Sudan"

Who is United in this Africa,?
Abeg leave story
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Sweetle(f): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
when ijaws struggle and benefits come like 13 percent derivation they all enjoy but when it's time to suffer together they detach themselves...Ingrates...

This is the major challenge in the eastern region generally even though militancy has sort of given the ijaws a bad name.

Kaduna Nzeogu, a man from so-called Niger Delta led a coup and the Igbos took the heat for it.

Chinakwe, another so-called Niger Delta man labelled his dog Buhari and people were all over shouting that the Igbos have started again.

Buhari described Emefiele as Igbo when he ranted, 'What do the Igbos want?'

Yet all these people go about saying they are not Igbos.

When they 'buy' trouble outside, the Igbos take the heat but when it is about oil, they quickly separate us from Niger Delta.

All what has happened recently has only vindicated those that have said that their is nothing like SS, it does not exist.

Today, the ijaws being part of the SS are agitating alone while the rest of the SS stood from afar watching.

If the agitation had yielded anything good, they will all come out shouting we are part of SS.

Here lies the problem with the east.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Izonpikin: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Sweetle:

aunty na wetin happen
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Sweetle(f): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
aunty na wetin happen

I have editted my post, go and read it now.
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Izonpikin: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Sweetle:

This is the major challenge in the eastern region generally even though militancy has sort of given the ijaws a bad name.

Kaduna Nzeogu, a man from so-called Niger Delta led a coup and the Igbos took the heat for it.

Chinakwe, another so-called Niger Delta man labelled his dog Buhari and people were all over shouting that the Igbos have started again.

Buhari described Emefiele as Igbo when he ranted, 'What do the Igbos want?'

Yet all these people go about saying they are not Igbos.

When they 'buy' trouble outside, the Igbos take the heat but when it is about oil, they quickly separate us from Niger Delta.

All what has happened recently has only vindicated those that have said that their is nothing like SS, it does not exist.

Today, the ijaws being part of the SS are agitating alone while the rest of the SS stood from afar watching.

If the agitation had yielded anything good, they will all come out shouting we are part of SS.
Here lies the problem with the east.
exactly...The ijaws were the arrow heads in the fight for resource control and achieved 13 percent derivation, nddc,Niger delta ministry etc...who are the beneficiaries??..All and sundry in the south south...but now they are backing off...

Weaklings....
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
lol @Benefit
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by ANAKONDA: 11:29am On Aug 30, 2016
Businessideas:
Everyone is sick and tired of their silly games. They are just embarrassing honest, peace loving and hardworking Ijaws living among the rest of Nigerians. These Ijaw boys allegedly led by GEJ, messed up Big time and in fact, they made most Nigerians regret the day GEJ came to power on the trust of Nigerians in the North and South.

Are you Ijaw ? If yes, then i doff my hat for you.
Indeed, most Nigerians regretted voting Gej in 2000.
Yorubas voted massively for him out of sympathy, fairness and equity being Ijaw but we got our noses rubbished for it.
The activities of the Ijaw criminals in Arepo and its environs to the Yoruba was a rude shock to us because we were practically living as one family and freely inter-marrying.
The nuance now is once bitten twice shy.
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by Izonpikin: 11:51am On Aug 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
lol @Benefit
oboy na true na...Instead of all of us to put hands together to seek for restructuring...
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by asamaigho(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
HopeAtHand:

theres no inferiority feeling, hes actually sending a sincere message. It is best if Ijaws do not hide under the greater Niger Delta umbrella to further an Ijaw agenda. Enuff said.

so on point.

the ijaws have always hijacked d "Niger delta struggle" as theirs, this has never gone down well with d itsekiris,who have always been critical of this. Tho other ethnic groups in d region seems to have remain in their shells because of the violent nature of the ijaws. The itsekiris on the otherhand have always opposed the ijaws, 'come what may',

the ijaws must come out straight and seperate the ijaw struggle from d nigerdelta struggle.

I SALUTE THE IWERE COURAGE.
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by kingsaf(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
Did buhari speck when boko haram started.... as former head of state?
[/quote][left][/left][quote author=Dannyset post=48916701]Give us their names, pls!
To even think GEJ has not come out to condemn the actions of the NDA speaks volume. What a shame we have in an Ex-President.
FG should make sure it gets to the root of this activity or else, it springs up again.

Betrayers!
Re: Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors by DabuIIIT: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Other Niger Delta ethnicities are just waking up.

Ijaws are the face of criminality of ND. Let me bitter truth told.

We can all remember how they hijacked 99% of beneficiaries of Amnesty Programme, how they turned to the Lords of Niger Delta when GEJ was in power and how a miscreant calling himself Tompolo threatened Jonathan over the commissioning of the Gas City which was the only benefit the itshekiris got from GEJ in 6years.

What baffles me is how they called themselves 10m people when the home state of Bayelsa is less than a millio.

may the Lord save you from hatred. You know they are less than a million and are foaming in the mouth,but its on national record and stats that KANO IS MORE POPULATED THAN LAGOS! Ahhh,afonja is only interested in igbo and nd affairs. Mofo4real..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation / Court Hears IPOB's Application Against Proscription Today / Edo Central Motorpark Vs Lagos Bus Stations In Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.