Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career (14696 Views)

5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success / Things To Consider Before Choosing A Career / 4 Important Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Course To Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by maggilove(f): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2016
According to Nigerian parents:
Science Class: Doctor
Art class: Lawyer
Social science class: Accountant
I never allowed them though they tried to talk me into studying law.
Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by ameezy(m): 8:55am On Aug 30, 2016
samyomz:
cry... I chose psychology cuz I've spent too much time at home,not because i have passion for it..... Never make the same mistake i did.. Choose wisely
grin grin grin
Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by taurustm(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2016
Frankly speaking, many of Nigerians when in secondary school do say they're going for a course in University because they believed it's a lucrative and well paying job. We don't really know what the course is all about.

I've seen a law student who criticized a mathematical student that there's nothing good he can actually do with his course when he know nothing about mathematics.

We're not always exposed to some actual needed fact, all they mostly do in Nigeria School is to build you to become a jack of all trade even though that's not well possible with the economic situation of Nigeria.

It's always difficult to adapt when you experience a sudden change in life. Students do struggle to graduate when they later discovered that the course they're into isn't what they actually think it is.

This i believe is one of the problems that's need to be addressed. We need appropriate exposure.
Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by salabscholar01(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2016
Ezechinwa:

hard to find wise people on nairaland.. Glad I spotted one this morning... Have a great day sir
thank you sir.. my regards to you. nice to meet you
Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by okikiosibodu(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2016

Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by Missmossy(f): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
Lol grin so true. Most people fail to recognize the fact the success of any career depends on the foundation. And even how strong an individual is in whatever field he has decided to pursue matters a lot because challenges would surely arise.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by Redfox(m): 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
he World of analytics & Modeling as we know it....

Earthlings! a closer look.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with varying applications in General research, Econometrics, Development Finance, Real Estate Modeling & Financing, Global Markets (currency & fixed income derivative) analytic. Just maybe this is that golden opportunity to NOT only grow a skill set but to build, innovate and be a problem solver.
Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics
Quantitative Risk*
Panel Data*
Forecasting
Data Analytics Support*
Financial Regression and Back-testing*
Data Mining*
Advanced Excel Simulation*
Algorithm
Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide @the Tip*
Financial Markets*
Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Venue: H9B, SR, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Lekki-Ajah, Lagos.

Kingsley Redfox
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Re: 15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career by seunfape(m): 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
Capital trash

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Useful Career Building Tips For Graduates / What Career Track Are You On? / My Plight With A Recruiting Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.