Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,862 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (248838 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2010
skalamanga:

@Ifendi
my email seejidek@gmail.com.
i had earlier posted my dilema about the non performance of the updates i was getting on the echolink decoder and got a respons from dejsam that he could help by putting me thru how to use a .CAS file and should drop my email which i did a couple of times but no response from him until you came up with a similar solution, thanks

@skalamanga,

bros abeg no vex.its this installation at hand that has been on my neck and really havent had much time to spend on line.but i am rounding up by tommorrow by his grace to return to my base.i will try and see if i can spend some little time to do that today.please bear with me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by kakofo(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ george d , butoneday & all team members
grin
IM impressed please this is amazfantastic. KINGS OF AFRIC SAT.
God bless
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by kakofo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ Dejsam
Dejsam God bless you. Anyway my email address is micienesta2010@gmail.com. I will email u soon. Please How u be?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ All

Stand up for d new king,

I wish I was on ground 2 c dis,

More grease 2 ur elbow, am proud to b a memba of dis forum
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 22, 2010
I have always known that butoneday has ever and will always be the king of satellite regarding this forum, followed by george since he came on board too, these guys have gone extra length regarding satellite. With the step butoneday has taken, is there anyone out there that will agree with me that he has gone beyond FTA hobbyst/ethusiast to FTA craziness. As all buddhists strive to attain the state of buddhahood, so should all FTA satellite ethusaist strive to attain the state of that craziness. Tell me, can a woman ever convince butoneday not to invest in satellite based on what we oursleves have seen on the display.

Butoneday, am still angry with you. Among the pictures posted i can still have sight on a DSTV dish installed in your compound, the panel of jury of this great forum are calling you to defend yourself in that regard. in one of those pix also, i did sight a young toddler gazing at the TV set, am very sure that he has seen a role model to follow the footsteps in the person of butoneday.

This is a great forum for us to meet wonderful set of guys only if one opens his eyes, this forum has brought together great minds together, best of friends have been made through here, business associates also have been born all in this one great forum. Everyone is superb here on this thread irrespective of how frequent your posts are, but so far you have contributed one way or the other. I also implore the silent ones here among us, the ones sitting on the fence and not participating in the activities going on the floor, kindly take that bold step and join great minds like we have here.

Trully, the DEITIES have spoken through me as a forerunner for the beloveth son of FTA in the person of BUTONEDAY, here the deities speak, "THIS MY BELOVETH AND TRUSTWORTHY SON, FOLLOW HIS FOOTSTEPS."

"GO INTO THE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL OF FTA ACROSS ALL BORDERS OF THE GLOBE AND BAPTIZING THEM WITH THE SPIRIT OF FTA MENTAL ADDICTION"

You guys are wonderful. Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Chuckdee(m): 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2010
WOW!!! This is a very great feat and achievement. Mere looking at the gigantic size of the 5M dish is really overwhelming

A very big CONGRATULATIONS TO BUTONEDAY, GEORGE D AND THE WHOLE CREW!!!!

You guys are very inspirational here on this forum and YES, WE CAN!!!

Congrats once again and keep the flag flying till we shoot down all the birds with one dish someday soon!!

lol!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2010
Dejsam and Butoneday whao! am short of words what else can i say?FREE TO AIR MORE THAN SO MUCH MORE.CNN,BBC,FOXNEWS And all other News stations across the world will be glad to visit nairaland very soon,for interviews/debates.its going to be titled "what the western world dont know about Africans:"Africans we are too much.,proudly nairalander.

olofofo wtin dey hapen ur fone no dey go again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2010
Dear all,

Kudos to the King of FTA Kings, unimmaginable, Is this your personal house or rented apartment? Great space, i can even see solar panels.
More of this is expected from other FTA kings,

Long live FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2010
solo1ng1:

Dear all,

Kudos to the King of FTA Kings, unimmaginable, Is this your personal house or rented apartment? Great space, i can even see solar panels.
More of this is expected from other FTA kings,

Long live FTA

never expected that ind of question from you. if you were suppose to be a landlord, and a tenant erects that stuff in your compound, and nigeria being on the watch list of terrorist nation,, wont you report him to the CIA?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by biggjoe(m): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2010
The only thing I can say about that 5M dish is:

AWESOME!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by niddle9(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Oga Enitan,Olason
Now you see why I dey feel Butoneday,
What a breakthrough
Long live FTA, long live the Ogas.
More greese to una elbows.
@Oga badaru.
looking forward to see you.
@oga Olofofo
Eku ise takun takun naa.
@ifende
oga mi Happy nu Boy.
@all
Expect more!! and do more!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
@dejsam
@butoneday
with nilesat,hotbird,eurobird,badr,thor all recievable,i'm just curious as to which of d birds you are currently locked to.& how u intend moving from different birds?
I'M stil digesting those power-packd pics.GREAT WORK
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
@jossybless
as to where i live precisely,berger &am sorry i can't b more 'graphic' than dat.
as 2 ur query 2 olason,give him a call.if u ar having problems reachin him,den cal me on 08062073696. u don't need 2 keep posting on d remote over &over again.it isn't all issues dat can be discusd here. i hope u understand.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 1:22am On Jan 23, 2010
Once upon a time there was Biggjoe! Then came others and finally BUTONEDAY! That 5M beast is a monstrosity ready to kill anything that hovers over the earth. My guys, how una take come do this tin? I beg una, helep us to continue to believe in the dreams and realities of FTA. Deliver us from the bondage of pay tv as we all search for ways of obtaining the super nova dreambox!

Dejsam, BUTONEDAY, George_D!!!!
Words are not enuffffffff!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 3:04am On Jan 23, 2010
@ butoneday,george_d, defjam
@ all,
tonite, i postrate jagbalastically for KINGS OF FTA SATELITE TV in our  obodo 9ja.
Congratulation !!!.
And enitan don talk, dis craze a kari o ( go round).
Forza fta !!!
Viva nairaland-fta
. Nigeria . . . Indeed, great people, great nation
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 7:52am On Jan 23, 2010
Butoneday
George D
Dejsam
Great job guys.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 9:09am On Jan 23, 2010
@ameboperoo
I am using a 1.8 m one for W2 which I was previously using for C Band. But w2 is on KU band just like Sirius and W3A so I should think a 90 cm dish should do.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Gangsta101(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2010
Butoneday/Dejsam,
i congratulate u guys on your really massive achievement, but just like Nash-FTA, I have to go a step further and ask questions relating to its reproducibity. WHAT is the financial implication of this sort of installation? How did u get the dish, was it an old one you bought off someone, or a newly fabricated one, the size of the jack and other things another copycat might need to know before dreaming of moving on to something like this.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2010
@solo1ng1,
Your concerns are well noted but remember not everyone in FTA is here because they ran out of subscription money for paytv. As a matter of fact., there are more members here whom if they are to quantify the total amount spent on FTA research and accessories so far, is enough to pay 10 years of combined dstv and hitv premium bouquets in advance.

Lastly, you'd have to be more than a tenant to mount that 5m structure in your compound.
Just a thought.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2010
@solong1
for you to be able to appreciate what fta means this days,you need to go &ask people who only pay installers 4 small dishes(60,90),subscribe & continue 2 be at d mercy of their providers.there ar many dat will be shockd at d sight of a motorised dish when all they av used in their life is a fixed small dish where they can only use d remote for changing channels. take a look at it urself: the space of land to install massive dishes,the cost of the dish itself,cost of changing lnbs,scaler rings,the actuator &other things that comes up when tracking both footprint &non-footprint signals. I bet to say all these commitments arn't for below 100k salary earners wit family stil to fend for. The import of all these is that fta no longer means 'free &sub-standard'view ,it is now the REAL HYPER-TECH SAT.WORLD full of innovations. BUTONEDAY,DEJSAM,GEORGE,BADARU,OLOFOFO &ALL, see u all when the petty paytv providers start sprawling on the floor seeking what they don't know!!!
VIVA FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ olofofo,
abeg i dey knock 'backyard' door. Pls, open make i enter.

@ solong1,
@ all,

fta is not just mere an escape route of paytv subscript fee, its a craze no one can explain. Dnt see poor here as 'poor' peeps. Apart frm d brain, my guy 'no b beans to born 16'. Its not d money thing, can u quantify d joy one feels wen u track & nail a bird on ur own. If peeps can aford 2 bux gadget,frm laptop,solar & alternative power, even credits to call,txt, browse to achieve all these, U think its a child game.
If a 'common' corper( wit #9700 /month allawee) like me can do this,how much more others.
For all other doubtin thomas's, we fta aint 4 d 'poor', we do it 4 d 'CRAZE'
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ all,

for all those who think fta lovers are poor peeps who like 'awuf', they should by now be having a rethink. Money cant buy wat is attainable here. Great,rich & industrius mind which ranges from people of divers experience & discipline. We are not poor,not at all, we just want to be FREE.
From that point of view, we can do anything to LIBERATE ourselves from chain of paythieves.

HOW MUCH HAVE/CAN/WILL YOU PAY FOR YOUR 'FREEDOM' ?.
If air is free, we will watch for free.
Im proud to b fta crazy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ALL ,

have a very close look of the lnb's as i earlier explained in the recent installation post.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ALL,

This is another explanation of how the motors(jacks) moves the dish.

SATELLITE               MOTOR A(ELEVATION)               MOTOR B(AZIMUTH)

HOTBIRD 13E          1132                                          1074                      -OFFSET LNB

ASTRA 19E              1013                                          1148                      -OFFSET LNB

EUROBIRD 9           822                                             1213                      -OFFSET LNB

NILESAT                 1054                                            412                       -CENTRE LNB

NILESAT                 1046                                            410                       -CENTRE LNB(MBC PERSIA AND SOME OTHERS)

THOR 1.0 W           1111                                             445                      -CENTRE LNB

the secound nile sat marked purple is for some channels on ab4 beam.so u will have to shift the elevation down a little bit to get a perfect reception of those channels.

note that all the providers on east makes use of the offset lnb(the white one) for reception while all providers on the west makes use of the centre lnb(the one with red cover)

have a look at the positioner.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ll

pending goup activation done.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2010
biggjoe:

The only thing I can say about that 5M dish is:

AWESOME!

@biggjoe,
You've to re-align yourself to your first passion or else you risk being left behind.
I know you understand my drft wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 9:10pm On Jan 23, 2010
@all echolink users

new update working for some showtime channels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2010
wow this is great! how did u guyz transport this thing from Kano to Warri? and how did u mount this giant? wow i am short of word!

Congrat guyzz
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 10:30pm On Jan 23, 2010
@butoneday, can we come and commission this this is like a BIG PROJECT.

and we have to invite, yaradua, sorry Goodluck for the official commissioning
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2010
I raise cap 4 u guys o. U have set a record in Africa, and the world at large! We must definate commission this officially. Well done!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 11:00am On Jan 24, 2010
@all,

My comment was not on FTA lover been poor or rich? I was only trying to appreciate what a great man has done. Some pple have this money, but can never install that kind of massive dish. For you to have 2-5 different decoders is not a small biz. It's surely an investment.
I've been to olofofo's house before, i saw his 2 big dishes and other effect, even cost of fueling per day is not a small thing, as it does not make sense for you to install nile etc and not have a standby gen to watch.
Surely FTA is not because u dont ahve money, it;'s about freedom, quest, hobby.
Long live FTA,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2010
solo1ng1:

@all,

My comment was not on FTA lover been poor or rich? I was only trying to appreciate what a great man has done. Some pple have this money, but can never install that kind of massive dish. For you to have 2-5 different decoders is not a small biz. It's surely an investment.
I've been to olofofo's house before, i saw his 2 big dishes and other effect, even cost of fueling per day is not a small thing, as it does not make sense for you to install nile etc and not have a standby gen to watch.
Surely FTA is not because u dont ahve money, it;'s about freedom, quest, hobby.
Long live FTA,

good one

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.