Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,810 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (248888 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
@pofolo

go to  groups.google.co.in/group/nairaland-fta/pending?hl=en-GB to request membership.

@jossybless

thanks for what you sent

@sathob

my personal installation was able to pick NSS7. W3a and siirius. i candidly have not bothered to tune it since . too many options.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2010
@ olofofo,
roger dat !!!. Thanks.

@ bodejohn,
thank gudness u know 'who so ever steps on d cobra's tail will surely see d cobra's fight'.

@ all,
if ur crtv on astra2b is green & no audio/video, use 12597v3249.

@ motorixed vs fixed.
D actions just beginning . . . . .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
pofolo:

@ all,
if your crtv on astra2b is green & no audio/video, use 12597v3249

if this should be the new frequency they intend using, it still wont be able to carry the 12 promised channels, waiting with fingers crossed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
enitan 2002
wow. stone engineering. that's a new one isn't it? mental institution: guys in white jackets strapping guys to strait jackets. yes? my dear enitan ,i rather deal with the substance or essence of my post. as i said, it still holds true
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
ALL
no storm clouds. no storm.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2010
eduzo,
bodejohn that is waiting for a showdown has been put to disappointment.

everyone is entitle to his/her opinion sha, all is well.

ENITAN
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2010
borderline:

@george
your fr**gate rocks wit mtn 3.5g well

@borderline,
Yes. You enjoy that stuff better with 3g. I was using my 'coded' MTN line that was why
my name didn't show when I tried to call you back. As those feeds you talked about, maybe they were not on as at the time you tried to track. As the name implies, they are feeds and
they come and go. I'd advise to give it a rest ant try sometime later at the weekend.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2010
jayron:

@ George_D

His excellency, could u gently explain what is happening to ECHOLINK receiver users. Is there patch for the users or what.

your Excellency i need to know?

@jayron,
Since that long break without updates, seems like art don vex oooo! All new updates
are being wiped off as soon as they are installed but I think ifende who promised to
help out gangsta101 can equally help you out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:25am On Jan 21, 2010
@jossybless,
@all,

Here are pictures of my new 3-in-1 lnb sepup using brackets in place of those untidy
mass of wires I posted earlier at the beginning of season 3. As you can see, my
installation is finally looking as professional as it should be.
Courtesy of Dejsam who sent me those beautiful brackets, I can now showcase my
stuff for the whole world to appreciate.

For those still having problems figuring out how to cut the scaler to accomodate three
lnbs I should think these close up pictures are all you need to set your imagination
at rest once and for all. Enjoy!

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:29am On Jan 21, 2010
@ George_D
@Enitan2002

Una no dey check, if questions were thrown to u. Ok i sent u message read am now, now and reply me. If una no want make a make impeachment move against una now.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:30am On Jan 21, 2010
Front view. The upper c-band lnb with di-electric (glass) inside the throat is for circular
polarity satellites like Intelsat 902/c, intelsat 906/c, intelsat 901/c, nss7/c the one I
earlier said shifted due to heat on the former black tape and wires. Now has been
replaced neatly with a holding bracket. Notice the clips used to hold the brackets to
the dish tripod?

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:34am On Jan 21, 2010
Another front view. The lower c-band lnb (without di-electric) is for linear polarity satellites
like thaicom (2,5)/c, intelsat 4/c, intelsat (7,10)/c, paksat1, etc. All these I am
recieving.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2010
Lastly, view from the ground.

Once again, thanks to Dejsam for the brackets.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2010
@ Borderline
How ar u doing pls kindly indicate the area u stay I will appreciate that Sir Pls help talk to Olason I need to know where he got the LG remote for the decoder he bought in Alaba

Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by skalamanga: 9:29am On Jan 21, 2010
@Ifendi
here is my gmail: seejidek@gmail.com.
i have been waiting for dejsam's email on this but he is yet to respond. would be glad to receive from you, thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2010
@George_D,
Those pictures are so enlightening – especially how to cut the scalar professionally to accommodate 3 LNBs. However, (1) during hot weather, what is the possibility of your brackets expanding and loosening hence producing slight shift in the C-band LNBs – then tightening during cold / rainy seasons? (2) Are those clamps made of ‘Stainless steel’? Copper? Aluminium? This will be important in the long term to prevent rust-related issues; (3) Your LNB throats are not covered – I guess Mr. Spider and family of flying creatures might build a home inside there! How do you scare them away? (4) By cutting the center LNB, does it increase sensitivity to the Ku-Band signals in your case? All the same, your setup looks wonderful.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
@Olofofo. Please add me to G-group so that i can benefit from true talk. thanks. this is my addy princeparis777@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2010
@George. Impressive design. what is the dish size. please can i do same to a 1.8m. i might be able to find space on my roof.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2010
@prince paris,
I'm using a 2.5m COMSTAR mesh but you can do exactly same with a 1.8m dish -preferably solid.

@Nash-FTA,
Let me attempt to answer some of your queries:

1) The brackets are made of coated steel. As for the possibility of expansion or contraction I'd say that remains to be seen but even in hot or cold weather I'm not sure one or two mm increase or decrease in lenght of the brakets will make any difference. Remember this is a motorised setup and you can always retrack the arc if need be.

2) The clamps are made of stainless steel too-same as the brackets so the issue of rust though while totally not avoidable I should think it's early days yet and besides these things do need to be changed out after some time as a part of the dish maintenance routine.

3) My LNB throats are not covered for this reason: When I first did the installation, ALL the lnbs had their plastic caps on but I noticed after a while during the rainy season the KU lnb (at the centre) started accumulating rain water which drastically reduced signal to some of the stations-even w3a. I had to get someone to climb and puncture a hole at the underside of the lnb to allow the rain water to drain out. Because of this, I decided to cut out the plastic cover the next time I was doing maintenance on the dish to avoid similar problem in future. For same reason, I also removed the plastic covers for the c-band lnbs.
How do you keep away mr spider and other flying creatures? Well, I'm afraid sometimes you cannot help it but you can always have a look at your lnbs every other month or more frequently depending on your location. Again, if you notice a sharp drop in signals then be sure that your friends are up there. As a matter of fact when I climbed up to install those brackets a few days ago, I saw two mini leaping frogs nesting peacefully inside the lnb throats!  grin

4) Besides removing the plastic covering at the throat, my KU lnb is not cut. If you check it properly, you'd notice that I'm using premium 2 lazer and those lnbs normally have a thin plastic covering at the mouth. That is was what I removed for reasons stated sbove.

I hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by loluskysat(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
@All on the issue of Fixed Dish VS Motorized Dish Setup,

I want to lend my support for the Motorized set up. The advantages of using a motorized set-up is enormous. Apart from having so many channels available to you, it also affords you the opportunity of experimenting. To crown it all, if you combine the motorized set-up with a Usal or Diseq 1.2 positioner, you become a King. Right from the comfort of your sitting room, room or office you can change satellite positions, input new Tps and experiment at will anytime of the day directly from the receivers remote control.

The set-up will also help you manage space, you don't have to install 4, 5 or 6 small dishes for different satellite all you need to do is to combine 3 LNBs (1 Ku and 2 C band- one with dielectric and the other without dielectric) on one big dish.

You will also save time when you want to check out a new TP or Bird and will enhance your knowledge of how the Clarke Belt works. I was first introduced to the belt by Olofofo i call him 'Key Guy"

However, the motorized set up is not for the feeble minded, it is for real FTA enthusiast who do not want to enjoy just one or two channels but also interested in discovering and experimenting.

Personally, i have a Motorized 2.4 meter Pan Dish, and i receive 26 satellite positions with numerous channels and i keep adding more by the day. My next experiment is to motorize a 6M dish.

If you are not convinced, visit a member with a motorized dish you will be amazed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2010
@Ibaku
to catch MGM Portugal on Eutelsat W2A i use Sirius 4 as my reference point. Standing behind the dish, you raise it up just a little (from Sirius4) and turn it clockwise again just a little. The three (Sirius, W2A and W3A) are close to each other. Use frq 11663 and sr 3830 to catch MGM and Afro Music Channel.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2010
@candymann, thankx bro, im gonna do that these weekend. U guys on these thread are the greatest !!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bodejohn(m): 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2010
enitan2002:

eduzo,
bodejohn that is waiting for a showdown has been put to disappointment.

eduzo:

no storm clouds. no storm.

I smell , mischief!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ ALL

Does anyone have any info about Top TV on sirius 4? They're running a test. Top TV 1 to Top TV 9. Even though it's NDS encrypted, Top tv 5 to 8 are showing channels like GOD TV and Love world.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ all,
from what i've noted about peeps on this thread, in as much as we have lots of things to talk, discuss and share different thoughts on, most people are afraid of engaging in arguments that will do a lot of goods, and revealing of new and unknown information. i wonder how such people exceed in their daily life life, career and home management.

I have always appreciated people who have the balls that table, discuss and even go to the length of arguing about what they know. people like bodejohn,olason,eduzo, and few ones i cant really remember.

its out of this, we share ideas, guys dont hide on the cover that its only being childish to argue over things.

On the last discussion, motorised/fixed, i am dead sure a lot would have learnt one or two things, and that will really help in their decision making on the choice to settle for.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2010
George great job you have posted.keep the ball rolling.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
Man utd v Hull on 2m this weekend
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
Can i use c band lnb with a 1m dish. if not, why. What is the minimum dish size for c band.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2010
@george_d

nice work.

@lolu

long time, now everyone will start calling me "key guy"

@all

I have used a motorized 1.8m dish and then moved on to a fixed 2.4m dish for my nilesat before moving to a 3m dish for nilesat as so on

the point on the fixed/motoriized arguement is thus:

if you want real entertainment in one package, a fixed 3m for niilesat is your best bet, because, u do not need to wait to flip channels, imagine watching SABC at intelsat 902 at 62E on your motorized dish and all of a sudden you need to change to cnn on Nss 7 cband at 22w and then u need to go back, apart from the wear and tear of motorizing your dish, it gets really cumbersome after some time, but as Lolu pointed out. a motorized dish is great for anyone trying to experiment, but remember you can only watch one satellite at a time, so at the end of the day, your motorized dish is basically a fixed dish at some point.

@all

just laid my hand on a dreambox 500s like a mentioned a couple of days back and the question i keep asking myself is this:

how can the best technlology in the Satellite world have taken this long to get to us here?

this box is the BEST DECODER I have seen in my life
i will keep you updated .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Candyman
please what is the minimum size of dish to track w2a?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2010
@all please which of these birds can be received in west africa with ku band.is it Eutelsat w2m or w2a.i hear some channels dey there
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2010
12440 H 23438 3/4 w7
Africa
RTS 1
2STV
RDV
CCTV 4
CCTV 9 .STILL free as at when i on my system .our old RDV station don join W7

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.