Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) (65339 Views)

SARS Stops Pan Niger Delta Forum Meeting In River / Bode George Mentions Tinubu's Properties As He Blasts Him And APC (Video) / Biafra Protesters Throw Policemen In River-Niger, Kill One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by dre11(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2016
• Ambulance evacuates victim after medical attention

• How he attempted suicide, by witness

By Job Osazuwa

A major tragedy was averted yesterday in Lagos, when a man jumped into the river on the Mile Two Bridge in Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area.

The unidentified man, according to eyewitnesses, stood on the bridge for some minutes, loudly expressed bitterness over his sufferings and how things had gone bad for him and his helplessness.

He was said to have mentioned Buhari repeatedly, muttered some other words before he finally took the terrible decision.

However, the timely intervention of a passing speedboat prevented the victim, who is in his 40s, from drowning.

Passengers on the speedboat dived into the river, dragged the man who was gasping for breath to the riverbank, and continued their journey.

A witness, Mr. Andy Odiaka, said the victim, who wore native clothes, was left on the floor for a while, unconscious.

Odiaka told Daily Sun that he called the state emergency number – 112, which facilitated the arrival of the Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) in about 20 minutes.

The three-man medical team, went ahead of the bus to resuscitate the victim. According to one of the medics, the man had to be given first aid drip, explaining that he was too weak to make it to the hospital.

Odiaka said: “I was there on the bridge where the man was also standing. He was speaking to himself. He said he had no transport fare to move from one place to another. He said his suffering was too much that he could hardly feed. I also heard him saying life was meaningless to him. He mentioned Buhari many times, and the next thing I saw, the man jumped from the bridge into the water.

“He is an Igbo man because he was speaking the language. I thought he was joking when he said he was tired of everything around him. “If not for a speedboat that was passing, he would have died. The boat stopped and the passengers dragged him to the riverbank and they continued their journey.

“Thereafter, nobody was ready to assist him. People simply looked at him, expressed sympathy and continued their journey. I have to call an emergency number,” he said.

Before the ambulance came, it was gathered that sympathisers, including Mr Odiaka, contributed about N1, 000, with the intention of taking the victim to the hospital.

Another witness, who simply gave his name as Okpala, said he ran to the place and saw the man almost dying, but did noit know what to do to help him out of the situation. He said he mobilised others at the scene to donate money to take the victim to a hospital.

“The man said he was tired of life and he wanted to kill himself,” he said.

When the victim’s pockets were searched for any means identity, only N90 was found on him.

http://sunnewsonline.com/man-jumps-into-river-in-lagos/

2 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Kwamecron(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2016
Wetin be en headach..... If en talk now e go say buhari,...... Na because say en sabi swim naa... Make en go oshodi for train mount naa

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by nnachukz(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2016
Na buhari push am inside water?
Well, buhari may have done that through his useless economic policies which are only meant to enrich his family, friends and the like of Sanusi while the masses suffer.
If he voted for buhari, then he should blame himself and not buhari.

189 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by stanogb(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2016
The man is a Big, Fat Cow... No faith...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2016
He mentioned Buhari many times. Lol
Buhari coman see what you've done to your people o.

208 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by omusiliyu(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2016
To that mod that banned me for advising our brothers from the east to turn a new leaf..

Guess you're now working in Ministry of information or EFCC/Police, if not bury yourself in shame.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by jaymejate: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
[size=13pt]That's why they say, "if you can survive at this time of Buhari, you can survive even in hell"[/size]

201 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by veekid(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
This country! !!!! Arrrgggghhhhhhh k'Olohun saanu wanio

15 Likes

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Yehman(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Buhari sef!
Una Never shi sumtin. Sometimes, I wonder how 2017 go be. Joke apart, people are smelling hunger like perfume.
No matter what, I rather kill myself than to commit suicide.
Buhari regime and suicide is like...

˙˙ʞɔɐq ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ
uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝןd noʎ uɐɔ
'noʎ uɹǝɔuoɔ ʇ,usǝop
ʇɐɥʇ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos pɐǝɹ oʇ
ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ ƃuıuɹnʇ uı
pǝpǝǝɔɔns ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ʇɐɥʇ ʍou

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by NameChecker: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
The man is an attention seeker
There are are cool ways he could have killed himself

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by akinola107(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Not again
Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by nathz45: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
BUHARI! BUHARI!! BUHARI!!!

hehe...fear not I'm not about attempting suicide
cheesy cheesy

40 Likes

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2016
BUHARI=---THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY

but suicide is never the option

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by jmoore(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2016
nnachukz:
Na buhari push am inside water?
Well, buhari may have done that through his useless economic policies which are only meant to enrich his family, friends and the like of Sanusi while the masses suffer.
If he voted for buhari, then he should blame himself and not buhari.

Buhari's body language pushed him!!!!!!!

59 Likes

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Buharis name is synonymous to death.... How did we got to this place? Some few months bck he was like a Messiah.... That's the irony of life.
Don't believe what men say

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Nigeria's economy has been Buharified! sad

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by ajiifixing(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2016
I thought they were supposed to be hugging transformer

Oh,

Oba Akiolu advised them to jump into the lagoon too. grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by kaen1317: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Baba...u see yoursef
Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by JewelRegi(f): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Haba
Sorry o

1 Like

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by andray12(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
public stunt

1 Like

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Wow
Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Things have really gotten bad in this country except we want to deceive ourselves. Everybody just dey use brain to survive. The price of foodstuffs have tripled yet salaries remain the same. These are really bad times for Nigeria. I commiserate with my country men. We are trying o

65 Likes

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Chrisrare: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Dis pple wey dey commit suicide sef na wa o... Why not just drink poison instead of going thru so much stress??

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by NNVanguard(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Its no longer funny hearing stories like this. Though the government should do more yet we as individuals should be a beacon of hope even when situations seem very challenging.

A Nigeria where there is basically food for all is an obligation we owe ourselves and posterity.

Enough of the blame games, let's rise up and come together and chart the course for a new Nigeria where stories like this won't grace our highly revered NL FP and front page headlines our national dailies.

#togetherwewill

13 Likes

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by wiloy2k8(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
hmmm
Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
But according to this I-bobo tout

Uduak2019

Every good news I have read since yesterday has been coming out from the region of the Rising Sun. This bad economy is not affecting Igbos at all. 3 of my Igbo neighbors just bought new cars in the last three months...expensive ones, one moved to a new house also. The while the 2 yorubass neigbors...one sold his car and bought a keke, the other moved from flat to face-you-I-face-you house.

5 Likes

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Too bad but Buhari isn't even worth committing suicide for undecided

18 Likes

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by dkachi007: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
I don't think the man voted for change. Well, those that did can now see that we all have to bear the consequences. But taking his life should not be an option
Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by efilefun(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
The dude aint ready to commit any suicide, he only needs publicity... What happened to all the knives in his house or snipper don finish for market there are over a million ways of committing suicide without involving the public in ur trash, abeg make the mofo park well jawe

4 Likes 1 Share

Chai!!
And we still have three years ahead?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) by musaajebor(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2016
dem for allow himtroubled soul to r.i.p.
just imagine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) / Abba Kyari, Obi Cubana Attend IGP Alkali Son’s Wedding (Photos) / Southern Kaduna Attacks: Women Protest Naked Over Incessant Killings (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.